[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/y/ - Yaoi

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: UmiNoSoko.png (2.79 MB, 1268x1586)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
Read any good BL recently? Drop your recs and read along here!

Recs:
>https://0bin.net/paste/41ctrw3S#IziRRUJax7jhDWVywATyykgYx4lOKIvhZ-1/IExd3eH
>https://pinboard.in/u:yrecs (NEEDS UPDATING - see below for details)

Seven Seas Licensing Survey:
>https://forms.gle/WqDcwVq6RRjDpKmt8
Don't know what to request?
>https://pastebin.com/SPc5mB8j

How to Request BL Licenses Masterpost
>https://pastebin.com/4cTpCj7C

Tiermakers:
>https://tiermaker.com/user/579020

Bonus question:
>What is an obscure or unknown BL you'd like to see translated?

Previous thread >>2846009
>>
File: BL_Chart_v5.jpg (3.76 MB, 2428x7038)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
Please reply to this post to ask for things to be added OR REMOVED from the rec list.
>anime, VNs, and fan doujin are allowed
>please state if your rec is for the rec list and pinboard, or specifically for the chart.

***NEEDED: Chart Suggestions
>it's about time this had an update

***NEEDED: Volunteers to update the Pinboard
>Pastebin banned us. We are trying out 0bin now, but help to update the Pinboard (which can't be banned as easily) is still needed
How to post to and edit the Pinboard:
>https://notes.pinboard.in/u:yrecs/notes/f1e5bb2ba91dd9d863ce

NEW HERE? Check out our curated rec chart!
>>
Complete:
>Aoume Ao - Honjitsu wa Ohigara mo Yoku [Both Gay/Sex Friends to Lovers/Childhood Friend][https://myreadingmanga.info/aoume-ao-honjitsu-wa-ohigara-mo-yoku-eng/]

Novels:
>[Fan Trans][Complete] Tang Jiuqing - Nan Chan [Supernatural/Cultivation/Psychological][https://jade-rabbit.net/category/bl/nanchan/]

Academic Interest:
>Galbraith, Patrick. "Introduction: "Otaku” and the Struggle for Imagination in Japan" in "“Otaku” and the Struggle for Imagination in Japan". Duke University Press Books, 2019. [https://read.dukeupress.edu/books/book/2644/chapter/1759843/Otaku-and-the-Struggle-for-Imagination-in-Japan]

Misc:
>The new chart is being compiled! Thank you all for the lively discussion and mountain of suggestions.
>Mangadex is currently down. The majority of links in the 0bin point to Mangadex, so for now, you'll have to copy the title and look it up elsewhere.
>If Mangadex looks like it's not coming back in a few weeks, I will re-link to alternative sources. Thank you for your patience.
>>
>nothing about chil-chil bl awards
Fake homos and eop fujos..
>>
>>2849420
What do you want about them? We discussed the completely boring results at the end of last thread.
>>
>>2849420
their shit, so what?
>>
>>2849423
He wants to feel validated, have patience.
>>
>MRM still hasn't taken my raw
Not I'm seriously annoyed.
>>
>>2849420
What is a fake homo?
>>
>>2849446
Same here. I wish I at least knew why.
>>
>>2849447
It's bait. Don't ask.
>>
>>2849446
>>2849448
Looking at their recent Japanese additions it seems like they became reluctant to take officially published (non-doujinshi) raws. Maybe that's the issue.
>>
>>2849456
That's a really weird stance for a site that even takes english renta scans.
>>
>>2849461
In theory they don't, I guess some slip through
>>
>>2849423
>"we"
It's the same two shitters shitposting
in a dying thread
>>2849447
You
>>
>>2849424
>I'm not like those other fujos, I hate popular things
How /y/ of you, the results are decent this time, even your favorite manga Given made it
>>
>>2849471
I repeat my question, what do you want about them? Share your own opinions and start the discussion instead of whining.
>>
>>2849420
I already said my piece, which is that I was very happy for Dear Gene making 3rd. The first place was predictable as fuck and the rest was kinda meh.
>>
>>2849321
Guess I’ll start us off proper before this thread derails any further, so here are a bunch of recs.

First up is Ore to Atashi to Shinsekai, a love story about a gay bartender and (straight?) construction worker over the course of 10 years. Currently there are 24 chapters and 3+ volumes.

If any scan groups are lurking, here’s why you should pick this one up:
>both leads are muscular and actually look and act like men.
>no rape/ abuse/ misunderstandings/ het power dynamics
>leads get together in chapter one and are an established couple for the rest of the series
> rare instance of couple noticeable ageing as series progresses.
> extended and loveable side-cast similar to My Sempai
>becomes reversible in volume 3
>>
File: IMG_0622.jpg (1.5 MB, 1362x1942)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>2849512
>becomes reversible in volume 3
Here’s proof.
>>
>>2849321
Second on the list is Umi no Soko, though obviously it’s not so obscure anymore. Hope that one anon came through and donated the raws.
>>
File: 077.jpg (678 KB, 998x1400)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>2849321
Third is Kikumon, an amalgamation of Lord of the Flies and Chiku Bingo.
At just 90 pages, it manages to tell a surprisingly comprehensive tale through cluttered compositions, kinetic paneling and great art. Definitely my fav Ibuki's of works.
>>
>>2849518
can I read this somewhere?
>>
>>2849520
I think you can find the chinese translations on ehentai.
>>
Does anyone have recs for manga with cute looking but manly in behavior uke? I've read so many shojo heroines disguised as 'men' that I feel like I need a detox.
>>
>>2849420
I said my piece. Dousei Yankee got moved to the series category and got fucked by the super mainstream titles. They should have kept it in Deep.
>>
>>2849534
What aesthetic do you classify as cute? Would be easier to help if we knew what you're looking for.
>>
>>2849583
I bet he just wants a bratty shota type character and be happy with it lmao
>>
>>2849518
Is Chiku Bingo still ongoing? I feel blue-balled after it stopped at 15.
>>
>>2849583
Not burly, not shota, any average built character is fine. As long as it's not shota the age doesn't matter, I just want them to behave like men and not hormonally unstable teenage girls (with the biggest no-no being bottoms who behave like deflowered victorian maidens, god how I'm fed up with that trope).
>>
>>2849585
Please recommend something with bratty shotas.
>>
mangaho is online. for now.
>>
>>2849527
thanks a lot!
>>
>>2849592
The cancer loads faster than ever, good for them
>>
>>2849448
Is there no way to communicate with the site owner?
>>
>>2849590
Just jerk off looking at your old baby pictures like the rest of us, beggar.
>>
>>2849589
I guess the biggest stumbling block is what exactly you mean by "behave like men", since there are plenty of masculine-looking uke's who don't behave overtly like either gender, like Makoto from Madk, or Shun from the Etranger series.

Maybe try these?
>Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven
>A Windflower Embroidery
>Madk
>Rumspringa no Joukei
>A Marked Loved Match
>Stay Gold
>Nii-chan
>Happy Kuso Life
>Replay
>Gatapishi
>Neko x neko
>Chiku Bingo
>The Monster and the Beast
>Yuki to Matsu
>Scratch Blue
>The Distance Between Two Clumsy Boys
>Playtime With Hadko
>All About Lust
>My High-spec Daling
>Free Kisses
>Anyone! I dont care who...Sleep with Me!
>>
File: kuruhashitomo.jpg (306 KB, 1688x2400)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Anyone else looking forward to this?
>>
I am looking for a manga, it seems that it disappeared or it was removed from the mangago, it was a one shot about a student and the teacher.
>>
>>2849789
Whoa that tells us a whole lot. Did it have any distinct features?
>>
>>2849684
Thanks, I've read most of them but I'll give those I haven't a try.
>>
I don’t get why people still think fujoshi only like BL because “they’re actually frightened lesbians projecting onto men” or “they’re women that hate other women so they project themselves/their ideal str8 couple onto gay men” that sort of mindset should have died out in the 2000s
>>
>>2849818
Then what is your theory behind why you read BL more than het or GL?
>>
>>2849821
I read all 3 equally, I actually hated BL at first because I didn’t want to read anything without yuri and girls. I only started reading BL when I found interesting manga/doujin. For me I just like reading romance and BL has different tropes and themes than GL or m/f stuff, so the whole self-hate angle confuses me since I hardly meet anyone who started reading BL because they hate GL and str8 romance
>>
>>2849818
Well, it's better than just being a "mindless str8 woman too thirsty and dumb so she fetishizes gay men and fantasizes about getting it on with them too" that's for sure.
>>
>>2849833
I haven't met anyone who downright hates other genres but most of my fujo friends tend to read/ship mostly BL and occasional het or GL if it's especially good. It kinda makes me curious why, even if I'm also sceptical about the common theories.
>>
>>2849790
the art was good, the student is the uke and he looked older than the teacher
>>
>>2849818
Maybe blogpost, but recently I saw some outright fag review Killing Stalking and the fanbase and its like just one hour of "UGH, these clueless girls are way too dumb to realize this is abhorrent abuse and they don't seem to notice that the blatantly massive amounts of male meat in the panels are not meant to be seen as sexy or gay in any way. But hey, the male leads kiss, that's Fujoshi for you lmao" and then the comment section is either "Haha yeah, I read it and i like it, b-but im not like one of those disgusting fujos i know the abuse is scary and im only 15!" or "All these sick women want is to use us gay folk as fuel to their degenerate fetishes and nothing else"
It was like going back to "anti yaoi" Facebook groups in 2009
>>
>>2849821
>mfw I read all of them
>use het, GL, and occasionally BL for jerking off
>BL, sometimes het, occasionally GL when I want a story
In all cases though, the shit I cum to and the shit I read when I want to feel sappy are different. There are only a handful of things I've both read for fun and for "fun", but most of them are BL. Most of the het and GL romance I like don't have fappable sex scenes, whereas BL seems to have more good stories with good sex. Rumspringa or Shishi ni Hire for example. On the other hand, het and GL have more doujins with detailed anatomy and shit like that, so I'm more likely to fap to those.
I never thought about this in detail before. Feels weird. Thanks I guess.
>>
>>2849853
I dont remember if it was from an anthology
>>
File: 1617233890774.png (165 KB, 1231x1024)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>2849858
>>2849835
>>2849818
Referring you all to this image and link posted last thread.
>the original thread pic related came from had some related discussion
>https://boards.fireden.net/y/thread/2781004/#q2781670
>>
>>2849790
Oh i remember the teacher was the school doctor
>>
>>2849863
Hah, I was considering posting that one but I didn't know if it would relate completely or not to the blogpost.
>>
>>2849863
>>2849865
Also, I was part of that thread for what I'm seeing.
>>
>>2849866
Hell yeah, I was there too. That thing is one of my favorite pieces of OC posted in this thread along with the meme comparing Dorito-sempai with Maa-kun and the image of Seven reacting to Metro winning an award.
>>
>>2849821
because i like watching men canoodle with each other, it's not that deep
>>
This smut went from trite, to god-tier, to just plain weird now...
>>
>>2849881
Sauce?
>>
File: Seme 1.jpg (335 KB, 1141x1619)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
Digging through onBlue I realized I have these 'seme and uke' specials where various authors (not necessarily affiliated with onBlue) talk about their types. I draft-translated the parts by authors I know and like but I'll post them all, starting with seme for now.
>>
File: Seme 2.jpg (600 KB, 2880x1620)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>2849925
Akabeko
The Cool Prince Type Seme (pic: The Manager)
They could also be called a cold type, like the Manager or Taiga.
They may be aloof but they have strong libido. That’s a requirement for any seme!
The Manager has an adult air about him, Taiga is more of a socially awkward type, there are many different personality types fitting into ‘cool’.
The Deflowered Seme (pun on ‘hishoujo’ for ‘not a virgin’ sounding close to ‘bishojo’) (pic: Chouno)
I rarely feel like making the seme bottom, but I absolutely love them having some anal experience in the past.
I totally die for super manly-man top-exclusive characters that have been deflowered before… Come on, they’re unbeatable!
The Careless/Slovenly Seme (pic: Fujio)
I like careless, slovenly guys. It’s really fun when you can see the gap in their behavior. Making a usually smiling or cackling character get enraged is the best!
I have the most fun drawing semes’ hands.
Meaty and solid, THE MAN’s hands!!!
The visible popping veins are so sexy… And so are neatly filed nails and stuff… Ah, it’s fun just to think about these thick fingers going inside the bottom’s ass...
I want the seme to have this really ‘Manly Guy’ feel. The type that makes you feel safe and when you surrender yourself to him.
His cock is strong! His physical prowess is strong! Seme that with one glance can make the Uke unable to resist thinking ‘Hold me!’ are awesome!
The Exception(?)
Baby Seme (pic: Makoto)
Probably the least likely type of seme for me to draw.
I felt like drawing a ‘Return-to-the-Womb’ BL where the Seme goes back to Uke’s womb and so he became a baby! (A/N: it’s some kind of weirdly understood psychology myth. I know how it sounds, it’s not my fault). The uke’s appearance might be more seme-like?
>>
File: Seme 3.jpg (637 KB, 2880x1620)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>2849927
Psyche Delico
I like heartless seme.
I started drawing Norihiko as a complete-seme type of character, thinking I’m never ever putting him in a reverse position, but somewhere along the line while writing his dirty talk, he was so knowledgeable and concerned with Ikurou’s (uke's) ass that I started to think he might have some bottoming experience after all…?
The young master got taken by a random old guy with authority, but in Norihiko’s case I think it’d be an oldfashioned middle-aged man with a drinking problem… (A/N: which is the best description I get for ‘one-cup ojisan’, the type of guy that buys nowadays unfashionable sake sold in cups and often loiters around the shop that sells it) I’m just still torn whether he would be an aggressive type or a smooth-talking charmer type.
Actually, I really want all the seme characters to have at least one time experience as uke...
But in the end the most seme ones might be us who make both seme and uke characters go through all sorts of things and constraints.
>>
File: Seme 4.jpg (603 KB, 2880x1620)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>2849928
>>
File: Seme 5.jpg (624 KB, 2880x1620)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>2849930
Nyanya:
Seme, huh…
In reality they might have this annoying ‘What can you do about it?’ way of thinking, but I like seme that are brimming with confidence and don’t get scared or weirded out by someone of the same gender being in love with them.
It’s good if they get turned on by looking at the uke’s erect dick during sex. (For that reason, the uke’s dick must be of decent size too).
What I can’t get enough about BL is that the guys get really turned on by another guy’s body and end up having lots and lots of sex.
>>
>>2849931
That's it for this half, I'll post the uke part sometime later.
>>
>>2849927
>I felt like drawing a ‘Return-to-the-Womb’ BL where the Seme goes back to Uke’s womb and so he became a baby!
what the feuck
>>
>>2849936
As I mentioned I'm p.sure it's some weirdly understood freudian bullshit referring to: https://dictionary.apa.org/womb-fantasy
>>
>>2849933
these are fantastic thank you so much
>>
>>2849938
>>2849936
I know writers overthink what they write, but between this and a Hagio Moto interview thing I read last week I'm starting to think that mangaka do it even more.
>>2849933
Please keep them coming, anon. These are brilliant.
>>
>>2849936
Also doesn't something like this happen towards the end of Star Red? Though in a Sci Fi way rather than a romance way.
>>
The new kaze ki translator posted volume 16 and said the final volume will be finished by the end of summer. after fuck knows how long it’s gonna be over...
>>
>>2849967
Holy shit. KazeKi gonna be fully scanned, They Were 11 got re-licensed. We are living in the best of times. I wonder what title will be next?
>>
>>2849975
mari and shingo? it’s another homo boys school shoujo manga from the 70s, compared to heart of thomas and kaze ki it’s not as well known tho
>>
>>2849975
>They Were 11
Remind me how is this relevant to BL?
>>
File: 001.jpg (882 KB, 1124x1600)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>2849321
>>What is an obscure or unknown BL you'd like to see translated?
Niboshiko's Kagaku no Megane. Besides Gatapishi, it's probably her best. No heavy drama or angst, just two cute megane boys falling in love.
>>
>>2849975
Eve no Musukotachi, hopefully.
>>
>>2850075
>both megane
I usually hate megane characters but I'm intrigued
>>
File: 143.jpg (832 KB, 1124x1600)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
>>2850096
It's pretty cute
>>
>>2849321
>Everyday Magic
Kid begins a relationship with a coffee shop worker after they bond over mutual experiences of being gay bullied in high-school. It's a slow-burn romance with good art.
This was published in 2 volumes about 4 years ago, and I can't find any translated versions anywhere.
>>
File: 51UXwenL2rL.jpg (63 KB, 352x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>2849321
>Randen to Saga
I fell in love with this one back when I was looking through every release of Kachi Comi. It's got two delinquents who frequently get into fights and are both competent, a sweet supernatural premise, and the leads have a lot of chemistry. It's also very short, I think?
>https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=156478
>>
>>2849789
>>2849853
>>2849864
anyone?
>>
File: 3.png (211 KB, 600x845)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>2849321
Dean, My Love is my favorite work by Asada and it's only 4 chapters. The raws are all over the place, but so far only one kind anon has translated chapter 1.
>>
>>2850116
If it's that short and you have the raws, try posting the second chapter in this thread. >>2847972
If someone translates it, I don't mind trying to typeset it, but I refuse to buy the raws as I don't enjoy Asada Nemui's work much.
>>
>>2850092
Eve no Musukotachi, Mesh and Hensoukyoku are 3 old homo titles I've been waiting since forever for translation.
>>
File: zatsuon-151.jpg (431 KB, 1449x2100)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>2849321
The Zatsuon anthology is probably the only major work of Syundei that hasn't been translated yet. All the stories are unique and distinct enough in their own disturbing way and with how popular her style is I'm surprised nobody has picked it up. It's been out for a few years now and the raws aren't exactly hard to come by.
>>
>>2849927
>I totally die for super manly-man top-exclusive characters that have been deflowered before… Come on, they’re unbeatable!
It's true that's some good shit
>>
File: p.14.png (700 KB, 748x1079)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
TIL that chapter 1 of Janome's sidequel to Tasogare Outfocus is free on cmao. Personally, not impressed because apart from the stereotypically placid expressions on her semes, this time the uke has been feminized to such a ridiculous degree that I wish she'd just drop all pretense and go publish in a shoujo magazine.
>>
File: s2.jpg (241 KB, 640x900)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>2849881
They should have gone for the 18+ version, otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>2850189
Speaking of I wish someone just went and translated Zanzou Slow Motion, I can't see anyone dropping any of the popular shonen just because the author bemoaned piracy once.
>>
Hey everyone, just some housekeeping.
I've gone and created a separate Tier List for BL Manhwa/ Manhua/ Webtoons here:
https://tiermaker.com/create/bl-webtoon-tier-list-579020

Reason for this being it felt a little strange have an Anime and Manga list, but then relegate some Manhwa/ Manhua under the Manga Tier List. This also helps free up space, seeing as the Manga list is approaching 600 titles.

I don't think this update is worth its own thread since most anons here despise the format, but please feel free to suggest any additions you'd like to see on the list. As you could probably tell, I don't really read webtoons.

As for >>2846062 anon's request, I'd be up for a BL Mangaka List but I honestly don't know what to use for images. Twitter avatars? Bakaupdate profile pics? And if so, what about mangaka from the 90's or older? Open to suggestions.
>>
Which BLs have thicc meaty cocks in them?
>>
>>2850241
Haiki's stuff
>>
File: Umi no soko.png (1.53 MB, 759x1080)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>2850241
Does it have to be 100% human?
>>
>>2850245
That shit is just a thin pool noodle coming out of a pussy.
>>
File: Uke.png (817 KB, 761x1079)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
>>2849933
Continued from earlier.
>>
File: Uke 1.jpg (1007 KB, 2285x1619)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>>2850273
Azuma Kaya
Basically, I don’t have any favorite tropes or kinks (I’m an omnivore).
Like (legal) shota slutty uke
Or yankee with intimidating gaze uke
(Not that I’ve drawn any of them)
But there’s one type that tends to spontaneously appear in the characters I draw. And that is…
Virgin Mary!!
I’ll allow myself to present it on characters from my manga that’s currently running in a different magazine.
Virgin Mary (noun)
1) The mother of Christ.
2) Honorary title given to uke who embraces and forgives all the seme’s negative traits, his sins, sorrows and woes. (Just kidding)
“Praise be to the Virgin Mary Uke” – Azuma Kaya
I like it even better when it’s not the uke voluntarily deciding to save the seme, but rather he just ends up becoming this sort of figure in seme’s life.
I believe that essentially, it’s the uke that holds the seme.
“What embraces the seme’s dick, is the uke’s butt.” (T/N: it was originally a haiku, if someone wants to play around and make it into proper 5/7/5 structure, feel free lol)
An then it comes, (sounds of shrinking)
Time for “The seme, feeling accepted no matter whether he’s an ideal man or a lecher, regresses to a baby crying the tears of gratitude.” (I’m worried that people won’t really relate to this part)
This gap moe can solely be accomplished and enjoyed through the power of Virgin Mary Uke.
“How do you like it? Isn’t this the seme’s true form that you so wanted to see? Now prostrate yourself and give your thanks to me.”
“Yes! I’m blessed by thee, Uke-sama!”
One more thing I’d especially like to mention is that I need the uke’s nipples to be glistening and coral pink. Just this.
Puffy… The shiny feel is crucial…
>>
File: Uke 2.jpg (1.06 MB, 2283x1619)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>2850275
Koto Sato
Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Koto Sato.
I really love big uke.
When they’re taller than the seme it really gets my imagination going.
For example, the kiss scenes:
The seme having to stand on his tiptoes,
Or the uke bending down to adjust,
Or just him kissing the seme from above,
It’s a total dreamland for me.
Of course, it also goes for the sex scenes.
He’s trying to adjust.
I’m instantly horny when I think about it.
They must really want each other!!
Big uke are the best!
But in general, I think everyone has potential for bottoming…
This guy, oh, and that guy… And that one… They’re all uke!
>>
>>2850275
>Like (legal) shota slutty uke
Does it really say "legal" there? What a spineless hag.
>>
File: Uke 3.jpg (629 KB, 1139x1617)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
>>2850278
>>
File: Uke 4.jpg (556 KB, 1141x1619)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>2850280
Niyama
Even if he’s not pretty or handsome,
Even if he has a beard, leg hair and armpit hair,
Even if he picks his nose, and even if his belly is floppy,
From the seme’s point of view, these are all moe points!
That’s UKE!
Hell yeah, love handles!
Sometimes I’m told that uke don’t need beards (well, that’s a matter of taste so of course some may think so!). But when the uke has a beard you can enjoy the wonderful charm of stubbly chin kisses, or the gap when he decides to shave and suddenly his appearance becomes much neater, so I wish you forgive me!
>>
I can see a western fujos trying to copy the speech patterns of nip fujos when I read these, its kinda jarring.
>>
File: Uke 5.jpg (1.05 MB, 2283x1619)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>2850281
Harada
I tend to go for black hair because it looks good scattered while being set off by white sheets. But so do white hair (in a monochrome manga, in real they might have some color) strewn across darker sheets.
I enjoy piercing on both seme and uke.
Expressionless uke are also nice, like the bad manners of smoking in bed (that’s really dangerous actually).
For me everything goes as long as it’s sexy and there's nothing I pay special attention to, but if I had to say I often like uke that are stronger mentally than the seme! But I also don’t mind when they’re not!
They can be promiscuous or timid or frank, it’s all fine! I tend to draw uke that are smaller than seme, but it’s still fine and cute when they’re tall or burly.
I’ve already drawn shota before, so someday I’d like to draw ojisan uke as well.
I often start drawing a fixed-scenario seme, but end up wanting to see him bottom, one could think that everyone has a potential as uke.
>>
File: Uke 6.jpg (1.04 MB, 2279x1617)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>2850286
Matsumoto Noda
• Has little personal space which tends to fluster the seme
• Large-ish
What are you reading, a novel?
• Manly and handsome. While it also refers to their appearance, I like guys whose personality is just as solid, the type that would be fun to take to a deserted island.
• Manly but becomes really cute during sex.
• Bonus points if his nipples are sensitive.
>>
>>2850286
>I’ve already drawn shota before, so someday I’d like to draw ojisan uke as well.

god I love her so much
>>
>>2850287
Finally some good fucking food.
>>
>>2850287
That's all btw, excuse my draft-lvl translations.
>>
>>2850283
Probably because it's less of an actual speech pattern but rather a lazy translation style.
>>
>>2850240
Maybe the easiest would be to use the cover of that artist's most well known work? I have no idea how I would go about identifying who is who otherwise honestly.
>>
>>2850245
fish dicks!
>>
>>2850312
This, preferably with nametags above or below the cover. Or just names written on squares?
>>
>>2850275
AZUMA KAYA YANKEE BL WHEN!?!???!?
>>
>>2850279
You take that back this second
>>
>>2850275
>When the seme's dick
>Is embraced entirely,
>The uke's butt blooms
>>
>>2850278
>>2850280
Wait, this looks like good shit! That blonde guy with the eyebrows is 10/10. Is any of this mangaka's work translated?
>>
>>2850287
>I like guys whose personality is just as solid, the type that would be fun to take to a deserted island
Why does he like Bakugou then?
>>
>>2850281
Basically, her ideal uke is Seiji. Fair enough. Seiji and Chico are the best parts of that manga. I'd read a slice of life about them even if it wasn't BL.
>>
>>2850348
First one (apart from Koto Sato) is Kaji Yahiro. Second one is Hidou Tei, one of her manga is licenced by Sublime, but I was dissapointed to find out that her art doesn't usually look like that and the eyebrows guy doesn't appear in any of her titles.
>>
>>2850275
azuma kaya’s comments on virgin mary uke reminds me of her hetalia usuk doujin where england and america have some breastfeeding kink and america calls him mama
>>
>>2850387
she did write things like that too huh
B A S E D
>>
I’m surprised this trend caught on so fast.
>>
>find BL with good art and an interesting plot
>tags: omegaverse
A blight upon whoever introduced this fucking fetish to Japan.
>>
>>2850464
for fucks sakes
>>
>>2850387
Link?? This sounds hilarious
>>
File: Hibi, Kimi.jpg (190 KB, 1242x1741)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>2849321
>What is an obscure or unknown BL you'd like to see translated
Gonna be dumping a bunch of recs. First up is this, a cute, slow-burn love story between a dog walker and a hairdresser. Still ongoing and can be read on pixiv.
>>
>>2849321
Next up is Boku no Hontou no Hanashi, somewhat unique in that it's written by a gay mangaka.
>>
File: Aiseyo Bakemono.jpg (125 KB, 600x851)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>2849321
Aiseyo Bakemono is a delinquent BL by Tsukizuki Yoshi, the same artist as Until I Meet My Husband. The manga follows them from high school until adulthood.
>>
File: Geshuku no Onii-san.jpg (395 KB, 901x1200)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>2849321
I know some anons were down on Staring At Your Back, but this is Nohara's opus about a group of gay men living together in a boarding house. This use to be published in Badi magazine and currently has 5 volumes.
>>
>>2849321
Lastly, I'll just rec almost everything by Kusai Uka, the reigning queen of Ojisan BL. Almost all her works feature couples in the 40-50 age range, but this one in specific had some great art.
>>
>>2850303
Still, I've met quite a few oldfag fujos that translate shit and they do talk weird in an effort to sound more nip than western.
Then again I think that's just translator types being fucking weird in general.
>>
>>2850482
Like any other blight upon fandom, blame the superwholocks
>>
>>2850482
Out of curiosity, what was it?
>>
>>2850542
can you share some examples of this?
>>
>>2850482
you can’t say this and not drop the sauce
>>
>>2850513
this gag hetalia doujin, only in japanese https://myreadingmanga.info/hotama-hetalia-dj-allegory-of-my-country-jp/
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (385 KB, 800x1175)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>2850568
How long until Azuma's piss fetish works itself into Sakurada-senpai?
>>
>>2850595
damn she hasn’t done it yet? going pro has really dulled her huh, i still think sanctuary and arthur in the dark are her best works
>>
File: EySXt5qVEAM2Hot.jpg (467 KB, 1500x2127)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>2850482
Was it this? Cause honestly this wasn't bad at all.
>>
>>2850482
To be fair, the western version is way hornier. Japanese omegaverse is extremely neutered and boring.
>>
>>2850648
Personally I blame Le Guin. Left Hand of Darkness was not worth all this bullshit.
>>
>>2849323

Question: Why women don't like BARA? Just curious.
>>
>>2850652
I made this question because I know this thread is mostly women.
>>
>>2850652
who likes ugly fat hairy quasimodos
>>
>>2850652
don't like burly men, over the top sex and dicks are funny rather than sexy
>>
>>2850654
I thought women like masculine and muscle men not men that look like girls. Hentai and yuri girls look nothing like men.
>>
>>2850652
aesthetically unpleasant to look at most of the time
>>
>>2850657
But heterossexual men hate masculine women. Look hentai and yuri and you will see very feminine women.
>>
>>2850652
The real truth is most of us are lesbian/bissexual. But I can guarantee to you +25 years old heterossexual women like bara men.
>>
>>2850656
not that anon but bara tends to over do it on the muscles to the point that all the men just look fat. its not that women don't like muscular men its just that in bara its way too much and it ends up looking gross
>>
File: Truth.jpg (113 KB, 631x606)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2850652
>Why women don't like BARA?
Because reality is often disappointing
>>
>>2850652
I don't like anything art like that that resembles 3dpds. Western bl are hideous too with the Tumblr like art.
>>
>>2850652
I don't find the usual bara art style appealing and I have never liked overly muscular/large/hairy men. I'm not straight and my tastes tend to skew androgynous.
>>
>>2850652
They're not pretty.
>>
>>2850652
for women i think its because they like to self insert and its hard to do that when its some hairy fat fuck. that being said i can't stand any BL where the guys aren't feminine or androgynous
>>
>>2850652
most bara art is gross and not cute
>>
>>2850676
if i wanted to self insert i'd read josei smut.
>>
>>2850681
This, except with audio.
>>
>>2850652
A lot of them do, it just depends which bara.
>>
File: 625365869.jpg (31 KB, 354x258)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2850652
Epic samefag sisbro
>>
>>2850652
because i guess bara always tried to represent the true sexual nature of gay men, but i can assure you that in recent years bara has gained popularity among women.
>>
File: Massive.jpg (796 KB, 2095x2995)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
>>2850676
>they like to self insert and its hard to do that when its some hairy fat fuck
This. The bara art style is so unapologetically masculine that there's just no way to self insert for the average fujo.
>>
>>2850688
>bara always tried to represent the true sexual nature of gay men
Not really. The reason why the specific 'bara' art style became synonymous with manga written by gay men is because Tagame and his coterie of followers pushed it hard as a political movement against the prevailing okama stereotype in Japan (i.e. men enviously trying and comically failing to pass as women).

Truth is there's probably no real set art style for geicomi manga. Hell, even gay magazines like Badi repeatedly and often featured the bishonen aesthetic similar to BL like >>2850519.
Bara is a part of it, indeed a large part, but nowhere near all of it.
>>
File: Badi 2019.03.jpg (352 KB, 1444x1920)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>2850521
Can confirm, this was still ongoing when Badi folded.
>>
File: o0750072614777008653.jpg (178 KB, 750x726)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>2850697
All the characters designs are horrible. This is why it's so hard to get into geicomi outside of just fapping to it. It's always the same short spikey hair (sometimes with a side shave)/bald/buzzcut guy with varied amounts of facial hair. BL is growing more and more diverse in it's type of bodies and men it features, while geicomi is being left behind for failing to deliver anything outside of the same ikahomo characters.
>>
>>2850697
even cats are fat in bara
>>
File: tejou.jpg (51 KB, 644x896)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
The art is top-tier. The plot is good too, if you like legally blonde.
>>
File: 01_1_1-MRM.jpg (320 KB, 1352x950)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>2849321
Not a manga, but there's this really cute one-shot on MRM called Nomarete Nanbo.
>>
>>2850711
>not liking chonky kitties
>>2850714
Bought this after the thread discussed it in a positive light a while ago. It has no right to be as good as it is. I think what makes it work is that the omegaverse feels like less of a fetish thing and more like a world building feature that the characters have to try to work around or use to their benefit in creative ways. The strict social structure is much more important than the pregnancy thing too. Helps that the guys look masculine too.
>>
>>2850714
Oh, is the second volume out now in English? Also didn't amazon nuke the first one?
>>
>>2850652
They feature muscles too fat for my taste to be aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>2850703
This, maybe it's also a matter of less geikomi being made so going by numbers there'll be less artists with distinct art, but the classic pudgy face and stocky bodytype of what seems like 99% of bara is like the sameface bishonen of most shojo but uglier.
>>
>>2850721
>>2850714
The problem I find with most omegaverse is that what makes or breaks it entirely is going to come down to the uke's personality, even more so than standard BL. And I just can't find much enjoyment in protagonists that were biologically designed to be stupid, spineless sluts since birth getting raped into Stockholm love.
>>
>>2850667
This pic is so retarded, like hentai is any differ
>>2850652
Because it looks like shit. The idea that gay men don't like BL is utterly retarded when it has far more variety than Bara, just look at someone like Kyuugou who delivers manly men without them looking like inflated balloons.
>>
>>2850726
I agree. I also think that that doesn't apply to Teijo Academy. It's kind of omegaverse Legally Blonde as the other anon said but the reason that works IS because the omega has a personality and motivations as well as a spine of steel. And he looks like a man too.
>>
File: CH9 (16).png (702 KB, 691x982)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
Here is the third volume of Kiku no Kaibutsu if anyone cares.

https://gofile.io/d/PRXyiW

No volume 2 yet, but I originally bough just Volume 3 since it's the only one with extra consent the VN doesn't cover.
>>
File: Ew_V_tZVoAE_9v.jpg (314 KB, 1000x1414)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
I'm somewhat pleased to discover this series is continuing. Also, did that one anon ever finish till the end of volume 2?
>>
File: 69520591_p7_master1200.jpg (475 KB, 1066x1200)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>2850676
Nah, is because most bara is all samey looking and generally unappealing to anyone who isn't into fatshit too. Let's be honest, the style is just too adjacent sometimes. >>2850689
I quite enjoy muscleporn, just not the brand of hyper muscle "bara" porn westernfags seem to settle for and draw, that shit can be offensive to the eyes, there's a reason I try not to browse the catalog for too long.
>>
>>2850656
No one will ever love you, Quasi
Shave that shit on your face
>>
>>2850742
I never look at the catalogue I just keep this thread bookmarked.
>>
>>2850743
you think the men in this board care about what women and trannies think of their facial hair lmao
>>
>>2850731
Thanks a lot, anon! I will check it out.

If someone here can share v2 raws of teijou academy. I have v3 ch1 to share. But need to scan it bc it's from dlsite you need their app to view it or I'm just too retarted.
>>
File: 25098923._SX318_.jpg (36 KB, 318x458)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2850729
>like Kyuugou who delivers manly men
>manly men
>>
>>2850753
She does though, you're just retarded.
>>
>>2850754
>THIS
>MANLY
>>
>>2850756
just say you like fatties
>>
>>2850703
>>2850729

>All the characters designs are horrible.
>inflated balloons.
>all look the same

So you hate anything closer to the reallity? And you call barafags delusional?
>>
File: CH 4 (2).jpg (804 KB, 958x1360)
804 KB
804 KB JPG
>>2850754
That one was the exception, the majority of her ukes (including her latest) are extremely neotenous in appearance with some even bordering on shota.
>>
>>2850759
>bordering on shota
based
>>
>>2850689
>Anyone who is attracted to fatty balloons is a fujo
I'm a man who is into muscles but that's disgusting.
>>
>>2850758
>Muh reality in 2d porn
lol
Also imagine thinking all homos are fat balloons. Like twin and ikemen aren't irl categories.
>>
>>2850761
You couldn't even bother to paraphrase properly anon, that's literally the opposite of what they wrote.
>>
>>2850762
I see men that look exactly like BARA characters every fucking day in SCRUFF. Muscled, strong fat, etc.

But I've NEVER seen a man that look like these yaoi androgenous characters in my life. Maybe 0,01% of feminine gays look like them
>>
>>2850764
maybe fuck off from the BL thread if you have issues with BL.
>>
>>2850767
>fuck off
Such unassailable arguments. Snark aside, can we please get back to the thread topic now anons?
>>
>>2850764
>I've NEVER seen a man that look like these yaoi androgenous characters
what the fuck are you on about? alot of asian men look like this. go show a western guy a picture of an asian dude and 9/10 they will ask if its a girl
>>
File: Laugh.jpg (57 KB, 768x461)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>2850771
>alot of asian men look like this

No fucking way. Put Grindr or Blued in cities like Seoul or Tokio or Hong Kong
>>
>>2850771
Stop watching KPOP
>>
>>2850764
>A lot of gays in gay community that largely has a hard on for burly guys are burly, therefore it's a common realistic look for asian guys in general.
Like sure, there are plenty of plainly fat ones but what you posted is about as rare irl as the slim bishonen type, especially if you exclude orientation and just look at Jap men in general.
>>
File: 1617649222139 (2).png (176 KB, 380x509)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>2850771
Pray tell anon where we might find paragons of the masculine form such as this?
>>
>>2850781
>if you exclude orientation and just look at Jap men in general.

Why should I give a shit about heterossexual men? I'm talking ab out the gay community only. I see bara looking men from all races everyday in SCRUFF. It's not even rare.
>>
File: A0386_20160818_6.jpg (16 KB, 320x240)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>2850783
on instagram, under the tag "genderless"
>>
>>2850646
This was actually not half bad. Helps that the seme is a Bakugo look-alike minus the shit personality.
>>
>>2850787
>instagram

So models? Yeah, I was right, 0,01% of people
>>
>>2850787
name?
>>
>>2850790
_sweatm
>>
>>2850789
He is not only a model but also did shit tons of plastic surgery. I know because I'm asian. Totally unrealistic shin.
>>
>>2850783
source?
>>
>>2850789
Okay, great you proved that burly-fat guys are found more commonly on gay apps and therefore geikomi is more realistic vision of gay people, almost like they're made by gays for gays! Amazing. And it's almost like women don't scout gay apps to exactly copy onto their fantasy manga, and instead rely on other guys they see regardless of orientation. Groundbreaking.
>>2850789
Yeah, just like the model from your pic.
>>
>>2850796
Got it from this post>>2850189
>>
>>2850189
>>2850796
He pulled that image from further up in the thread because he doesn't actually read BL he's just here to bitch about yaoi stereotypes that haven't been accurate for over a decade.
>>
>>2850793
Just like many of the burly gay models are packed on steroids, nothing new here.
>>
>>2850787
There is no way that any western man, gay or otherwise, is going to mistake that pic for a girl.
>>
>>2850798
>>2850799
thanks a lot me is blind apart from autistic
i have a thing for dudes with that hairstyle, reminds me of a certain uta no pri fag djs
>>
>>2850802
I was replying with pic similar to the manga panel. White guys joking that asian guys look like girls is a) mostly for show b) kinda pathetic
>>
>>2850075
Yes, that one is the best.
>>
>>2850799
>yaoi stereotypes that haven't been accurate for over a decade.
Had you bothered to actually read that comment you'd have known that pic is from a series currently in circulation.

And yeah, aesthetics in BL has shifted slightly more boyish in recent years, but you're deluding yourself if you're going to pretend that characters aren't still incredibly feminized for the most part. Anyone who peruses the top sellers on cmoa or renta can see it.
>>
>>2850646
>>2850788
name? iqdb has nothing
>>
File: gregh4h.png (770 KB, 640x877)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
>>2850791
god he's cute, reminds me of visual kei
>>
>>2850825
http://comip.jp/bloom/webcomic/bokutachiha
>>
File: cdc (1).jpg (82 KB, 800x450)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
You don't need to prove the existence of twinks. Stop engaging.
>>
>>2850828
In terms of fashion there are multiple routes in Jap culture that all rely on beauty above gender connotations and both genderless and visual-kei fit into this, it's almost a philosophical thing. One quote I tend to rmemeber is from old Ooshima Yumiko manga where the protagonist sees another character and says that 'They're so beautiful that she can't tell if they're a man or woman'.
>>
>>2850835
Wasn't that a huge thing in June/early BL/shoujo proto-BL or whatever the fuck we're calling it now?
Wait, hang on, is this where all the random cutesy crossdressers in shounen come from too? IS THIS WHY ANIME "TRAPS"??
>>
>>2850828
Where is the goddamn visual kei BL?
>bonus points if the art doesn't look like shit even though it's almost certainly from the 2000's
>>
>>2850838
You have to dig deeper. Even Genji Monogatari swoons over it's Mary Sue titular protags' androgynous features, and it continues through Edo time theatre and kagema culture up to now. Jap culture stands on traps and twinks.
>>
>>2850841
Tragically not BL but there's this: https://www.cmoa.jp/title/188386/
and it's hilarious.
>>
>why don't my yaoiz have realistic body shapes?!?!
How come straight romance and haremshit never get these kinds of complaints? I swear BL gets a new controversy every other fucking day.
>>
>>2850869
Haven't heard of western SJW 'fixing' anime before? I'm envious.
>>
>>2850869
Got two words for you, buddy: Vagina bones.
>>2850875
The puritan pearl-clutching "think of the kids" folks have been at it way before the SJWs. The SJWs may have caused a line or two to change here and there, but in the 90's, lesbians were cousins and androgynous gays were girls with high-pitched voices.
>>
>>2850890
I was referring to the Uzaki-chan 'fixes' where the twitter shit its pants because she had 'unrealistic body type'.
>>
>>2850895
That had no effect on the anime, unlike the earlier stuff. If you care what twitter kids are yelling about the things you like and get defensive about people thinking you're weird because of it, just keep in mind that it's a waste of time talking to the outraged and the underaged. If you tell them what you like, normies are going to think you're a weirdo anyway, so who cares about them. Like what you like and keep truckin.
Same goes for the dumb Bara vs BL argument. Arguing over this shit is a waste of time and won't accomplish anything other than entertaining some bored anon. Giving a fuck about that is a waste of time, there are only 24 hours in a day and I have lots of romance BL to read and smutty muscle BL (or bara or whatever you want to call it) to whack off to.
>>
>>2850906
Yeah, I totally agree, I'm just saying that it's not like het doesn't have its own incredibly dumb drama.
>>
Reading this long ass preface before a BL reminded me, everyone's always translating Tokyo as standard American English and Kansai as Southern/basically cowboys.
Just once I want to read a manga in British English where the Tokyo is London/Southern and Kansai is Northern. Just fucking once.
>>
>>2850913
Fair nuff. We're both agreed on that point for sure.
>>
>>2850764
Stop saying bara as if it meant something outside your filthy western circle, no fucking nip uses bara to describe the genre, ignorant piece of shit.
>>
>>2850915
i would love for more translators to make japanese dialects something else besides american accents. reason why xenoblade chronicles 2 entertains me despite how ugly it is
>>
>>2850915
If you're british, volunteer to be the style consultant for any group that does something with dialects. I'd also want to see that!
>>
>>2850768
It's what you deserve sea lion, go back to the shithole you came from.
>>
jastblue’s dmmd is finally up on stores
>>
>>2850789
So are the lumberjacks you jerk off to. Take a sample of their blood and it would probably be used as some type of counter poison.
>>
>>2850895
>"S-SHE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE BOY WITH BIG TITS ALL OF YOU ARE SICK"
Fun times.
Seriously when are we going to fucking admit once and for all that making anime accessible to normies was a horrible idea?
>>
>>2850919
>>2850918
Damn. Might actually look into doing that then! Didn't think anyone would give a rat's ass, to be honest. It's motivating to see there's quite a bit of interest.
>>
>>2850925
The only reason anyone would pay attention to such boring down-mouths is a crippling outrage addiction. Don't feed the beast. Don't give them the satisfaction. The only time you should waste on them is however long it takes to block their asses.
>>
>>2850926
Yeah, seriously. I can even help translating if you find something good and lack a team.
>>
>>2850921
so they delayed sd for the dog fucker game
>>
>>2850932
They need to prepare people for the scat with some beastiality
>>
>>2850918
How do you feel about Aussie English? See it more often in H but it's inconsistent. Some are funny and some are not.
>>
File: 8-18 copy.jpg (367 KB, 1152x1620)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>2850764
>But I've NEVER seen a man that look like these yaoi androgenous characters in my life.
What does this even mean. There is no "yaoi art-style", literally it has one of the most diverse art style you can find.
>>
>>2850869
>How come straight romance and haremshit never get these kinds of complaints?
Double standards, everything women do is over analyzed. That's why every fujo show every season gets tons of "analysts" discussing fujos or fujo shipping is considered worse than other people shipping random shit.
>>
>>2850895
>I was referring to the Uzaki-chan 'fixes' where the twitter shit its pants because she had 'unrealistic body type'.
Uzaki shit was entirely manufactured by grifters to milk the outrage, I think I've seen more people complaining about this outrage than seeing the fucking outrage.
>>
>>2850955
i remember reading “me step-mum’s too fuckin hot” ages ago, it was hilarious
>>
>>2850957
C'mon at this point there's so many fujo that even /a/ mostly refers to them in terms of what they'll throw money at, sometimes even in positive way if they also like the show. Except for the usual creep-incel vs SJW-fujo there isn't that much drama about homo shipping in itself.
>>
>>2850958
Jesus this thread makes me realize that in all the cringe twitter drama I have the worst seats for the show, I've seen the original outrage unfiltered first, and got washed over by outrage by outrage second. I feel like I've been sewer-dunking to accomplish that.
>>
>>2850962
There is a lot of posts on /a/ constantly asking if this is gay shit or not or fujo pandering or asking "why is this fujo" like people cannot genuinely understand some shit is just aimed at women
>>
>>2850965
How is that a bad thing? I'm also curious what goes through the minds of people thinking that shonen het makes sense or why some anime girls are that popular. I don't blame non-fujo that want to know why is this or that homo and decide to avoid/laugh at it if it's not their thing, I do the same with het media.
>>
>>2850849
>Jap culture stands on traps and twinks.
and I fucking love them for it
>>
>>2850967
The last 100% het anime things I liked were A Silent Voice and Ore Monogatari before it. Other than that, BL has everything I need. Why bother?
>>
>>2850967
Can't say I ever see a constant barrage of posters for every show with cute girls asking "is this het"?
>>
>>2850963
Seriously, how do people even manage to go past all sewage deluge while I've been accidentally stumbling upon rabbit hole behind rabbit hole of twitter drama without even seeking it.
Lucky bastards.
>>
>>2851004
Because lesbians are hot and cute and doesn't make me feel any less heterosexual if they're there, duh
>>
How did we come to bringing up 3D on this board.
>>
>>2851036
womemes
>>
I don’t mind a bit of chub really
>>
>>2851036
Presumably someone was raiding
>>
>>2851058
Sauce please?
>>
File: 1.jpg (144 KB, 1147x1620)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>2851110
It's from a Monster#8 doujinshi called "It's not enough, Senpai "
>>
>>2851115
Found it, thanks!
>>
>>2850869
>How come straight romance and haremshit never get these kinds of complaints

Harem girls don't look unrealistic at all. You see many live actions of harem girls.
>>
>>2851126
>Harem girls don't look unrealistic at all. You see many live actions of harem girls.
nigga what. where have you seen tits bigger than some people's heads outside of porn?
>>
>>2851132
Harem girls also don't look like men.
>>
>>2851151
I'm sorry no one wants to fuck you, anon.
>>
>>2851144
This. All straight harem manga reinforces femininity, so why they worship men that look like women?
>>
File: LOVE SONG.png (549 KB, 769x1077)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>2849321
I know she's probably irredeemable to a lot of anons, but does anybody else wish more of Manda Ringo's BL titles were translated? Whatever one thinks of the writing, there was an indelible charm to her early 2000's, shonen-esque character designs that I just haven't been able to find from other BL.
>>
>>2851160
>irredeemable
Did Nojiko join that tier too? I head something about "rape to love" in one of the books but very similar scenarios played out in Citrus (shoujo ai) and Hitorijime My Hero (BL).
>>
>>2850964
If you want reality fuck off outside instead of shitting up the thread with 3DPD shit
>>
File: BwOHS-6CAAEsZaM.jpg (63 KB, 595x842)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>2850703
>All the characters designs are horrible
I kinda feel bad for liking it now. I do think the series has a kind of masculine appeal that's a nice palette cleanser from BL from time to time though. All things in moderation I guess?
>>
File: Efds9NDUEAEiy8t.jpg (117 KB, 1200x675)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2851171
>I kinda feel bad for liking it now.
Not that anon but why? You like what you like and if the work means something to you, that's all it matters.
>>
>>2849513
Got any links for the raws?
>>
>>2851151
Stop posting 3DPD
>>
>>2851167
>>2851177
You are a retard, get help.

>>2851151
What exactly are you talking about? Do you really think all the gay guys in Japan look like Mentaiko characters and only get off to carbon copies of themselves? Dummy.
>>
>>2851183
Fuck off twat, you're breaking the rules by posting 3d shit
>>
>>2851183
Gay content that doesn't belong here
Real life gay >>>/hm/
>>
>>2849789
>>2849864
>[FUJISAKI Kou] Konna Hazu ja Nakatta no ni?
is this it?
>>
File: Kimi no Sumire.png (1.68 MB, 1302x1838)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Well, I certainly didn’t expect that ending
>>
File: Time to Tell the Love.png (576 KB, 682x966)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
>>2849321
>What is an obscure or unknown BL you'd like to see translated?
Kokuhaku no Jikan
It's a short BL by the same mangaka who does Blue Period. You can all read it for free here: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/2604

Does anybody know any groups that would be interested? Maybe Lovely Strange Dark or Yeboi? We NEED to get this translated!
>>
>>2851196
>Lovely Strange Dark
Based taste, get in touch with them for sure
>>
>>2851058
Very nice, thanks! I know Niyama likes that body type too, any other BL with sexy dadbods?
>>
>>2851166
I don't think I've ever seen Hitorijime my Hero discussed positively here, or even much at all. One time I posted that I watched the first ep and it didn't seem that bad, and I don't think anyone even replied.
>>
Do you know some yaoi with a very feminine top & masculine bottom ?
>>
>>2851209
Hideyoshico's Gakuen Tengoku
>>
>>2851196
>Lovely Strange Dark
Speaking of, their new BL certainly looks interesting.
>>
Anyone knows the name of that BL with the ugly-ish guy who plays baseball and that in one chapter gets groped by his handsome senpai?
>>
File: 24.jpg (112 KB, 700x1024)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2851240
Kikoenai Koe by Kyouyama Atsuki?
>>
>>2851243
yeah, thanks
>>
>>2851183
Yes.
>>
>>2851220
Link?
>>
>>2851247
It's on their site anon, just go there.
>>
>>2851248
Thanks anon.
>>
>>2851243
Oh man, he looks like a frog. Great manga though.
>>
>>2851209
Wacoco Waco's Hime Seme
>>
File: Ch16.png (2.37 MB, 1365x1942)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>>2851176
I have all the raws, but I don’t think you’ll find any freebies online.
>>
>>2851209
Mishima Kazuhiko's stuff always has short girly guys on top.
>>
File: canvas.png (1.47 MB, 954x1440)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>2851209
Hi Manyuaru Ren Ai and Otoshiana ni Hamerarete by Michinoku probably
>>
File: onBlue Vol.27.jpg (963 KB, 1082x1353)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>2849321
Bump Limit reached. Here is the topic/ cover suggestion for BL Discussion Thread #63:

>What is one era or time period you'd love to see get a BL adaptation or work?
>>
>>2851316
Good topic, I like it already
>>
>>2851316
Good topic
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (69 KB, 410x512)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
People here despise BARA but have you noticed that all the bara characters are not canon? Look at these threads, not a single of them are canon. We basically have 0 popular gay manly characters.

>>2833732
>>2850166

What is the message that the entertainment industry wants to convey to us? Manly men cannot be gay, only feminine men can be gay!

This is fucking awful.
>>
>>2851316
excellent topic
>>
>>2851319
Is there some kind of steroid convention going on and they decided to visit the thread or what?
>>
>>2851316
this is something i’ve thought about a lot, to the point of wanting to write my own web novels
>>
>>2851321
Is the same fag just wanting to make everything about him and his shitty meat fetish.
Ignore him, we already live rent-free on his head..
>>
>>2851220
Cute cover, I’ll definitely follow that one
>>
>>2851325
DO IT
>>
>>2851329
He's also come to the wrong pocket of BL fans. This thread overall tends to love muscle BL and masculine body types. It's just that we don't obsess over them and don't usually hate on other body types unless we're complaining about a particular art style.
>>2851339
Man, how do they find these manga? They always have the most gorgeous and unconventional stuff.
>>
>>2851294
Wacoco Waco is based. Love the much bigger and manlier slutty bottoms.
>>
>>2851243
Weird seeing a random page of this out of context. When I was reading it, the leads had a lot of chemistry which made the sex scenes work, but seeing it without the context, he just looks like a goddamn gnome.
Anons who haven't read it, give it a try. I enjoyed it a lot. When you read it, the gnome guy really looks a lot cuter somehow. I guess he has a sort of moé appeal? He's not cutesy or girlish though.
>>
I wish Mentaiko would go back to publishing bara doujinshis.
>>
>>2851481
I wish he'd do one thing with a fucking story again, or at least finish This Probably Isn't Love. His art style has degraded too.
>>
File: Y_017.jpg (515 KB, 1459x2100)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>2849321
Yonayona, moshimoshi. It's a compilation of short stories, the most notable one about a guy who falls for a telephone pervert that keeps calling him. It's surprisingly cute and all the stories have their own twist and charm.
>>
>>2851196
>>2851200
I took the liberty of emailing them to find out. Unfortunately, they declined. Does anyone know any other groups?
>>
Does this thread care for videogames/anime/ln/vn?
>>
>>2851849
We have a vn and anime section in the chart and rec list, so yes.
>>
>>2851850
It's just that I never see much anime discussed in this thread, and videogame and VN are even more rare.

What kind of stuff do anons like?
>>
>>2851851
We had an anime tier list thread not too long ago (#60 I think). These were the most popular titles according to topic anon:

>1. Kaze to Ki no Uta
>2. Doukyuusei
>3. Naked Youth
>4. Hyperventilation
>5. Umibe no Étranger
>6. Yuri!!! on Ice
>7. Aoki Ōkami-tachi no Densetsu

As for VN, I don't know. Hashihime of the Old Town is probably the board's favourite, but I don't see much discussion beyond that. Maybe we should have a VN thread or tier list some time?
>>
What the fuck's wrong with ihrHertz digital manga, why do they keep selling tanko in poststamp resolution? I thought they had beef with cmoa in particular but nope, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>2851852
>>2851851
>>2851850
>>2851849
There is a BL VN thread already on /jp/ called /blog/. That's the main place for them.
>>
>>2851874
>Thread #259
Holy shit, how long have those existed?
>>
>>2851878
Long before we have, that's for sure. They might have less of an audience though? Not sure if they're aware of our existence but I think they're pretty awesome even though I don't play VN.
>>
File: Devil Life.jpg (3.79 MB, 1749x2481)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB JPG
Looks like SHOOWA is back on the menu boys!
>>
>>2851895
On one hand glad to see her, on the other hand I wish it was written by her and drawn by someone else again.
>>
>>2851895
What about papa's ass
>>
>>2851852
vn tier list would be great
>>
>>2851879
i’ve seen some people on /blog/ mention the BL thread sometimes
>>
Wonder how chart anon is progressing?
>>
At the point in requiem of the rose king where richard is fucking his advisor. it’s been a really engaging political drama as good as most chinese webnovels dealing with the same things: war, succession, etc. i’m looking forward to the anime, although I hope it doesn’t get the same reaction as yoi/banana fish where people argue over what demographic it is
>>
>>2852086
rose king richard isn't bl or gay, why do people keep bringing it here?
>>
>>2851849
>videogames
Not to much homo in videogames
>anime
Not too much canon homo and we get very few BL anime which are usually adaptations
>ln
Good question. I assume not too much interest?
>vn?
Very few VN get translated so not too much to discuss and people usually go to BLOG for that.
Personally I really like finding random BL in non BL, I hope we start to get more. It's always nice to see.
>>
File: EyT6G8eWEAERbpX.jpg (226 KB, 592x519)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>2852090
The mc is intersex and both of his love interests, The Duke of Buckingham and Henry IV, are male. The latest chapter pretty much confirms Buckingham was gay for him since childhood.
>>
>>2852095
Vaginas aren't BL, fuck off.
>>
>>2852096
Does Richard actually have one of those? I'm sure I read his upper body is female while his lower half is male?
>>
Can confirm, he has a dick.
>>
>>2852101
the mangaka is vague about it, and apparently richie rich is confirmed to be pregnant in the newest chapters. so either he has a clit big enough to make 15th century peasants think it’s a dick, or the mangaka did like most hentai artists and gave him a dick and a cunt. either way it’s incredibly lazy, but i shouldn’t expect medically accurate depictions of intersex ppl in shoujo. but richard is definitely a guy, even his crazy super christian mom calls him a man, just one with a fucked up body
>>
>>2852134
If his mom calls him a man, he probably came out of the womb with a ballsack.
>>
>>2852116
>>2852095
This character reminds me of Tacto from A:A' Prime if Tacto were a weenie who kept second-guessing himself.
>>
daddyscans deserves to go under just for making me read this sentence. when did BL scan groups become so anal about “taking money from the creators” BL barely gets licensed anyway
>>
>>2852167
Fuck them, they can settle on doing omegaverse shit or sth to match their aesthetic. There's a normal free to read ver of chap 5 done by anons.
https://comick.fun/comic/dear-gene/jgOB5-chapter-5-en
>>
>>2852168
thanks brosister
>>
>>2852095
He marries a woman and has a child with her, so it's not BL anyway
>>
>>2852186
As have the protagonists of dozens of BL.
His marriage and producing an heir is just a political necessity similar to what happens in Tourou no Ori.
Henry and Buckingham are the only two serious romantic and sexual partners he's had across the series, both of whom he murders.

I mean it's not marketed as BL sure, but it does have many of the same hallmarks. Except for the fact that they all die at the end.
>>
>>2852196
Now it sounds less like non-BL and more like bury-your-gays and het marriage end shitty BL
>>
>>2852197
well it is based on history + shakespeare plays so it was doomed to have a kill em all ending from the get go
>>
>>2850116
>Dean, My Love
I've asked Yeboi scanlations to pick this up and they've agreed. So hopefully we'll se this soon.
>>
>>2852196
>As have the protagonists of dozens of BL
In the BL you know they're going to end up with a man, there's no guarantee like that here. It's just your het shit
>>
File: EattjQ0XQAAMNcC.png (987 KB, 662x882)
987 KB
987 KB PNG
>>2852203
He's also not going to end up with the woman....or anybody. Point was almost all the serious romance and sex in the series happens between the mc and men.
>>
>>2852199
nice.

does yeboi have a discord?
>>
>>2852199
Thanks sis
>>
>>2852208
Yet it's not serious enough to be the endgame. So not BL
>>
>>2852252
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. The mangaka has already made so many bafflingly stupid deviations she might just be mad enough to go for a happy gay ending.
>>
Apart from the author's name what elements of a BL manga cover make you NOT pick it up?
>>
Baraou used to be one of my fav shoujo manga. Another plus was mc having a dick.
But the author fucked it completely. Probably bc of the retarded Twitterfags shitting on her.
>author has first volumes developing the romance between mc and a brokenfag
>brokenfag is the gayking, has mommy issues, is an asshole, gets raped by his wife aka his hatred for women. He is also a selfish prick, doesn't give a shit about his people, didn't give a fuck when his son died too. He falls in love with mc thinking he is only a man.
>brokenfag freaks when he realizes mc doesn't only have a dick and calls him a demon. Mc is left devastated
>brokenfag gets amnesia and becomes an assassin and disappears for a while, becoming minor character. He later appears and tries to fuck with the guy mc fucks
>another character appears
>he is homo since forever for mc
>will do anything to fuck him
>he succeeds
>doesn't give a shit about mc having also a dick as long as he can fuck him
>mc turns into a slut but acts all autistic not being honest about his feelings
>author develops their romance and only 2 volumes left for manga to end
>fucks all of it in one single chapter by killing him

When the author dropped the brokenfag ship all fujos went reee and started shitting on authors twitter. Nip fujos came to like newfag better than brokenfag and stopped. But westernfags did not and started pulling all of their sjws reasons and shitting on her twitter instead.
So I'd rather have everyone die than see the brokenfag ending.
Thankfully I only bought the first volumes. I'm not gonna invest another penny on that shit.
>>
>>2852091
and most of those adaptations are from shit mangas
>>
>>2852280
the art style, some manga have some god awful designs
>>
>>2852302
do you have artstyles you particulrly dislike?
>>
>>2852316
im actually pretty open to most. as much as people complain about super girly pretty boys i like androgynous/feminine looking guys, must be all the 70s shoujo i read. i guess the best i can describe styles i don’t like is amateur — the artist is obviously just starting out so poses, coloring, etc are rough. i don’t like most korean webcomics because most of the art styles are basic with stiff posing and boring character designs.
>>
>>2852284
>fucks all of it in one single chapter by killing him
Wait, wasn’t Buckingham still alive in ch.70?
And yeah, bringing back Henry was the single act that sank this manga.
>>
>>2852284
>>fucks all of it in one single chapter by killing him
You know this was based on a Shakespeare play right? You didn’t see this coming since volume one?
>>
>>2852344
I've check few manwhas but so far all I remember from them are
>Broad shoulder triangle shaped dude with black short hair and slanted eyes
>Broad shoulder triangle shaped dude with short blond hair and slanted eyes
>Sorta kinda elongated skinny dude with brown hair and rounder eyes that hints that he's the bottom (spoiler: you guessed right!)
>Another triangle shaped guy with slanted eyes and an kpop undercut
At least they take the time to color, I mean, but it seems like they all took the same lessons from the same youtube tutorial.
>>
>>2852539
The coloring comes at the price of every single background and prop is a CGI asset slapped onto the page as is.
>>
File: TYXyDNxeL.webp-t.w640.jpg (605 KB, 640x1130)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>2852539
>>2852540
How do we all feel about manhuas? They seem be more proficient in terms of art.

Also, anybody else following the SAYE adaptation? Hope they don\t censor it too much because the art thus far has been excellent.
>>
File: Ed8L1KPUYAcJFGy.png (201 KB, 512x573)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>2852091
Damn I love Hijiyama''s massive tiddies, the ultimate bara/twink pairing.
>>
>>2852557
They have more notable exceptions to the shitty art rule but most manhua are just as shit as manhwa.
>>
>>2852557
Chinese censorship makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>2851878
They were created back in 2013 when the DMMD and Hadaka Shitsuji fan patches dropped. I remember how just those two games alone fueled entire threads of discussion and shitposting. It used to be able to sustain itself on /vg/, but then it slowly started to drop to under 50 posts when all the EOP hype and fan-translating culture died out, and would quickly get buried by other generals. Moving it to /jp/ was a good idea so it could actually keep surviving, although it's quality has dropped again recently due to the vtuber scourge encouraging spammy discussion.
>>
>>2852557
>Just a photo with a filter for the bg
On the same level as korean shit.
>>
>>2852540
Or just abusing the stamp brushes on csp
>>
>>2852584
And that's exactly what they want.
>>
File: 1618144042609.png (507 KB, 566x801)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
Adelta (hashihime, uultrac) just announced a new bl game for 2022.

>horror
>seme protagonist
>9 love interests (4 of them will be uncles)
>set in late 50s in a village
>influenced by Edogawa Ranpo and Agatha Christie and some other Japanese horror novels

https://adeltaz1.wixsite.com/adeltaz1/single-post/%E6%AC%A1%E5%9B%9E%E4%BD%9C%E6%83%85%E5%A0%B1
>>
>>2852672
sounds promising
>>
>>2852672
*3 uncles sorry
>>
>>2852672
You sure he’s not verse? 9 ukes seem excessive to an almost tedious degree
>>
>>2852675
総攻め is term for strictly seme I think.
I wish for reverse but there's quite a lot of reverse mcs in bl vns .
Strictly semes are rare tho.
>>
>>2852675
>>2852684
Yep. The site states no reverse, also they'll be all nonke, as in straight until plot makes them otherwise. Not one but three ojisan uke are nice though.
>>
>>2852284
>brokenfag ending
Did you even read the play?
>>
>>2852280
Smug overconfident generic looking seme holding blushing damsel-like uke
>>
>>2852672
>horror
Why are they all fucking horror
>>
>>2852858
pls post covers like that
>>
>>2852859
Being gay is pretty scary, don't you think?
>>
>>2852900
Except none of those guys are gay
>>
>>2852928
maybe that's why it's horror, a straight's horror to find themselves enjoying buttsex
>>
>>2852859
Ulltra c wasn't a horror. And hashihime was a mystery?
>>
>>2852934
Touché anon
>>
Can OP make the new thread yet? This one’s on life support at this point
>>
>>2852941
Why don't you make a thread
>>
>>2852963
Because someone needs to update all the stuff.
>>
>>2852985
It can be done next time. Creating thread personalities and letting the threads die because of the is retarded as fuck
>>
>>2852672
>set in late 50s in a village
Sounds cool.
>>
>>2853001
This. I feel like these threads are mostly being kept alive by just 3 people
>>
>>2853015
Thread upkeep is done by maybe three people but it helps keep things consistent and organized. It doesn't have to be same three people but it's better than everyone starting their own threads, changing the pastebin at will etc.
>>
>>2853001
That's what you get when someone makes a new thread and the whole thread gets derailed because the opening needs to be x and y
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11 KB, 145x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2849321
Does Spanish Harlem by Keiko Takemiya count? I bought it recently, and the beginning is promising.
>>
New Thread >>2853075
>>
>>2853081
Thanks
>>
>>2852934
They don't call it "Gay Panic" for nothing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.