[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/y/ - Yaoi

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Cheri2020vol3.png (3.48 MB, 1798x2249)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
Read any good BL recently? Drop your recs and read along here!

Recs:
>https://controlc.com/2a4bc9dc
>https://pinboard.in/u:yrecs (NEEDS UPDATING - see below for details)

BL Licensers and How to Request from Them:
>https://controlc.com/e327bf9b

Tiermakers:
>https://tiermaker.com/user/579020

Bonus questions:
>Name the BL manga or series that you absolutely despise the most and why.
>Hardmode: Use pictures to illustrate your point. Make us hate it too.

Previous thread >>2898103
>>
File: BL_Chart_v6.jpg (3.68 MB, 2428x8237)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
Please reply to this post to ask for things to be added OR REMOVED from the rec list.
>anime, VNs, fan doujin, and academic works about BL are allowed too

***NEEDED: Volunteers to update the Pinboard
>Pastebin banned us. We are using controlc now, but help to update the Pinboard (which can't be banned as easily) is still needed
How to post to and edit the Pinboard:
>https://notes.pinboard.in/u:yrecs/notes/f1e5bb2ba91dd9d863ce

NEW HERE? Check out our curated rec chart!
>>
Complete:
>Sagan Sagan - Haru to Natsu to Nacchan to Aki to Fuyu to Boku [Countryside/High School/Wholesome][https://myreadingmanga.info/sagan-sagan-haru-to-natsu-to-nacchan-to-aki-to-fuyu-to-boku-eng/]
>Tomo Sakura - Sensuishi to Kurage [Anthology/Europe/Atmospheric/Psychological][https://myreadingmanga.info/tomo-sakura-sensuishi-to-kurage-eng/]

Removed:
>Sagan Sagan - Old Fashioned Cupcake [Adults/Wholesome/Co-workers]
>>
>inb4 Complex
>>
Other than MRM, where to upload bl manga?
>>
>>2902863
mangago, and mangadex?
>>
>>2902863
Mangadex and batoto
>>
>>2902871
Talking about raw
>>
File: unknown-13.png (210 KB, 975x431)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>ywn have 35 year old hot lawyer dick
>>
File: 1604750686366.png (2 KB, 167x59)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
I saw pic related trending on Japanese twitter?
Is this about the chinase ban or are they trying to ban BL in Japan too now?
>>
I need an anger outlet rn, please rec me something where someone bullies an old man and/or spreads false information, and gets btfo'd for it.
>>
>>2902911
It's about the chinese ban, apparently it appeared in the news and now lots of Japanese people are having a good laugh over how dumb it is.
>>
>>2902878
At least you're not dead, anon.
>>
File: 1624385623243.jpg (199 KB, 671x570)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>2902911
>trying to ban BL in Japan too now?
This will cause more deaths than Hiroshima ever did.
>>
>>2902911
>banning BL in Japan
If that were to ever be attempted it would tank their entire economy.
>>
>>2902911
https://twitter.com/matsumoto_toki/status/1435914436020105218
It's about Chinese ban and how retarded it is.
>>
File: 02-2.jpg (186 KB, 800x1204)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
I've always hated hidoku shinaide only because the uke's ugliness irrationally iritates me. Long-faced bastard.

>>2902875
exhentai/ehentai?
>>
File: 02-2-1.jpg (246 KB, 800x1204)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>2902936
Ok I made it less offensive. Never read the series just hate the art.
>>
>>2902913
Nobody? It doesn't have to be an exact match I guess.
>>
>>2902936
The art improves so his face stops being so bad after a while.
The seme also gets a better haircut.
>>
File: ol man booly.jpg (348 KB, 1280x1807)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>2902945
Hmm I hate him more now though, he looks really annoying

>>2902942
..Are you an old man who just got bullied?
>>
>>2902942
Sorry to hear you were bullied, old man
>>
>>2902833
Of all the pages you could use anon, you picked the one that actually makes this series look interesting
>>
>>2902968
For anyone who may be interested. The side gay characters in this manga are
>gay pedo rapist that tries to rape the main characters in chapter 1
>ex lesbian #1
>ex lesbian #2 - whore that gets cured by being dicked, serves as a baby maker for the main characters and drops dead

The main characters are
>pathetic cuck and his whore of a boyfriend
Their story:
>childhood friends become lovers after the whore convinced the cuck to become a homosexual and date him.
>they date for years
>one day the whore's lesbian friend asks him to beard for her for 1 evening
>she offers him a free trial heterosexual intercourse (that will become a long time subscription in the future)
>he agrees immediately, next day he goes back to his cuck boyfriend and never mentions a thing
>a few weeks later the cuck and whore boyfriend are packing because they are planning to live together
>knock knock
>who's there?
>a pregnant ex lesbian!
>whore boyfriend doesn't apologize, instead he immediately tells the cuck to fuck off because he is cured and now he will have a normal life and family
>timeskip happens
>since the cuck came out to his family, he got disowned and now he is working at an okama bar
>he is miserable and unable to move on
>whore ex boyfriend shows up with his child
>turns out his ex lesbian wife is dying
>he wants help with the child and probably wouldn't mind dicking the cuck again
>ex lesbian uterus drops dead and cuck agrees to get back together and become his husband's wife's child's father
>a very long timeskip happens
>the cuck is dead and everyone is crying
>another timeskip
>whore is dying too
>in his last moments he sees the life he's spent with the cuck
The end. The whore never apologized by the way. Fuck you homothread anon for making me read this. I will never forgive nor forget.
>>
Is there a BL with this characteristics ?

- Uke 18 years old average boy
- Seme 40~50 years old man, very manly bara with beard

Thank you so much.
>>
>>2902958
>Hmm I hate him more now though, he looks really annoying
Tbh I don't care for him either, just that the art does get better. Elektel Delusion is alright though, imo.
>>2902981
That sounds absolutely terrible.
>>
>>
>>2902982
The bottom is not exactly average and thinks he's hot shit, but the rest more or less fits. Original title is 'Kono ore ga ahegoe wo dasu wake ga nai!'
>>
Madk
Madk
Madk
MADK!!
>>
man i wish someone would subscribe to Kaya Azuma's fanbox. I'd love to see those colored modelling shots of Gene.
>>
https://mangadex.org/title/52975f48-107d-485d-958c-f1c0acacf434/ameagari-no-bokura-ni-tsuite
>>
>>2903048
I'm subscribed, she posts no such thing
>>
>>2903109
oh, well I just saw a colored version of Gene's modeling shot in her banner. assumed it was a post. link?
>>
File: EbvdA0-UYAAi8kK.jpg (146 KB, 900x675)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>2903115
That's one of the prints that got distributed to people who bought the manga on specific stores. She didn't post the solo piece on her fanbox, unfortunately.
>>
Is there any possibility Winnie will ban homo novels?
>>
>>2903122
shit, thats a shame. hopefully some jap anon will scan them at some point. i really like her artwork, and that highres of Gene in the study is my phone background rn.
>>
>>2903123
They're already banned. And those that had sex scenes were banned even before this ban, they were banned at inception.
>>
File: EJ5cB60VAAAbRXN.jpg (233 KB, 900x1200)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>2903124
I feel you, anon. This is the most I can offer.
>>
>>2903125
That's a lie, our lord and savior Taiwan is still supplying us with uncensored dicks and penetrations which don't survive in the mainland.
>>
>>2903127
better than nothing, thanks anon.
>>
>>2903128
Taiwan escaping some of the censorship is truly a miracle, I hope it remains this way.
>>
File: ouroboros.png (1.18 MB, 1080x1310)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
forgot what i was reading and expected the seme to successfully force the uke to wear lingerie
>>
File: santa.png (907 KB, 718x857)
907 KB
907 KB PNG
>3 chapters
sad
>>
>>2903109
does fanbox let you download any of it? and if so, can you link me to a MEGA of it or something?
>>
File: wat.png (746 KB, 700x700)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
spectacular retardation
>>
>>2903275
imagine being surprised that THIS has rape in it.
>>
>>2903275
Where do I sign a petition to ban all movies with murder in it because my family member got murdered two decades ago? It triggers me and therefore anyone who enjoys characters killing others is fucked up and should call a helpline.
>>
>>2903275
>It is etremely incentive to cast off such prevalent issues

lmao

what is the comic sounds hot
>>
>>2903275
>I'm not judging or shaming you
>Proceeds to judge and shame
>>
>the extra in the first volume of Sleeping Dead is Sada cooking food for Touya
>while cooking Sada chews and spits it out because he can only eat humans
>Touya winds up with four or five plates of food (kind of weird finally seeing them eat Asian food)
>while eating the human smoothie Sada pulls some hairs out of his mouth and Touya tells him they’re pubes
>>
>>2903290
'He was a hairy guy and Mamiya is not a cook!' I like that they both prepare food they can't eat for the other, Mamiya makes meat smoothies even though he's vegetarian while Sada makes veggies even though he can only eat meat.
>>
>>2903275
Something similar to why all the Hayakawa Nojiko titles were stalled years ago?
I worry when people can't separate fiction from fact but anyone spending their free time and money on a thing gets to decide when to walk away.
>>
>>2903275
At one point I used to laugh at the retards seething about video games affecting children, they used to be a very loud minority in their 60s. But now they're a loud majority consisting of teens and adults of all ages and that's worrying.
I never thought I'd be parroting idiotic weebs who claimed that Japan is an anti pixel justice warrior heaven for otaku. Turns out that disregarding some loud groups, human right issues and committee getting in the way, Japan does allow more creative freedom than other countries (west thinking that cartoons have rights and china thinking humans shouldn't have rights).
>>
>>2903350
What happened with her?
>>
>>2903361
Nothing, but they're problematic so no one would translate them
>>
>>2903361
I thought it was the somewhat cliched "non-con" to love thing. Scanlator wrote a really serious post about it and then dropped the book (iirc it was Yoake ni Furu - and its sequel). People accept Given, which is more squicky at places but unfortunately HN titles got lost in the scanlation ether.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/fromRED_ed/status/1436292381460942850

This is way too much effort for a promo. Anime when?
>>
File: 004897936_YyJhJ2WEA.png (952 KB, 1200x848)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>2903128
Reason #9873 why Taiwan continues to be based af
>>
>pretty cover
>characters look good
>click into manga
>description says it’s a sci-fi manga
>"estrus"
This A/B/O thing isn’t gonna die is it?
>>
>>2903383
Damn, that would be nice but on the other hand why unveil ready clips of anime in a manga promo before announouncing the anime first? It's a great manga though, and so far it's all plot no ero so it'd be a great adaptation candidate.
>>
>>2902818
Speaking of pic related did Rogi really win the Akitora bowl in the end? I don't love Jealousy but now I'm curious what sort of shit the author pulled to make that happen.
>>
>>2903390
It will never die because it gives fujos too much of an excuse to not attempt realistic relationships or sexual function.
I'm so broken down at this point that I don't bother reading, I just look at the art if the characters don't look too faggy.
>>
>>2903393
I prefer the 2010s' seme/uke thing to having 5 pages of omega wombs and birthing explained with illustrations. Jesus.
>>
>>2903275
How do you not skim the manga first? And then why go on a whole tirade? So fucking stupid.
>>
>>2903390
>>2903393
What the actual fuck is the appeal? I get the "in heat" aspect, but why would anyone go into a series about homo shit and think "yeah I want to see pregnancy shit! :D". Even in het stuff pregfics baffle me.
>>
>>2903403
Conservative belief that a relationship is incomplete without a kid/only having kids makes them a family? Preggo fetish? Both?
>>
Please help me remember this mangaka's work. I can't find them on MRM. I remember two stories.

First one
>About a bully, looks reminiscent of Akira from Devilman (OG)
>New transfer student comes to class
>Its a childhood "friend" he used to bully
>Bully confronts the friend bc he's pissed he's starting to become popular
>Turns out transfer student was just someone with the same name as the childhood friend
>Cannot remember exact story beats, but blackmail happens and the imposter ends up raping him

Second one
>About a demon lord/vampire in a fantasy world
>He spends his days defeating adventurers that try to get EXP/loot from him
>Ends up taking pity on one who just wants a place to stay
>Said adventurer is a bit of an idiot and really strong (destroys most things he touches)
>Not sure if it ever finished bc apparently the writer died or something
>Also remember a panel that looked almost exactly like 70s Devilman again

Sorry these are so vague, but it popped in my head because of how unique the Go Nagai-esque artstyle was. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>2903403
I'm in only for arrogant jerks breaking down and begging for dicks. You can't really justify such reaction with anything else, unless it's a severe mental illness.
>>
>>2903384
Sadly pic related doesn't want gaijins to read her works. It's a very stupid move, smart authors usually wait until they get popular enough to get an army of drones who would keep begging american publishers for an official version, then use them to fight pirates by making them think they're fighting for some great cause and that's it.
>>
File: abyss.png (779 KB, 718x1104)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>2903281
this is the comic, it's just 4 chapters >>2903276

apparently they fucking threw up translating this, they honestly don't understand the concept of don't like don't read.
>>
File: bruh.png (71 KB, 666x86)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
??? get help

>>2903411
that's shouhei and inutoki (rip), demon king story is Yuusha in Maounchi
>>
the demon king story is fully translated on mangadex by the way
>>
>>2903433
The fuck is wrong with them? Either they're lying or it's some next level masochism. It's rich for them to advise others in mental health if they're trying to push their translation as mental self-harm.
>>
>>2903429
Who's the author of that pic anon?
>>
>>2903441
The author of My influencer boyfriend
>>
>>2903430
my god that pose is amazing jesus fuck
>>
>>2903433
On one hand, as long as its translated I don't really care, but on the other, if its to the point of vomitting then what's the point of translating it? Its nothing more than a cry for attention.
>>
>>2903455
Can you understand the feeling of translating an obvious rape fest while thinking that fictional rape equals real assault that makes you puke? Me neither. I'd rather have cringy comments from 2000's scanlating fujo gods than whatever retardation is happening thanks to twitter and other shitholes
>>
>>2903433
Thank you, anon
>>
>>2903275
>I couldn't read it anymore because I dislike an also triggered my personal bad experience
OK sure, nothing wrong with it. You do you.
> But also if you like fictional rape you are a bad persona
What?
>>
>>2902068
Thank you, seriously could not remember where the fuck I read it.
>>
File: Egtr4slU0AEKUz0.jpg (220 KB, 1007x1430)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
this was hot as fuck, idk if it's been scanned.
>>
>>2903275
the type of puritans bullcrap you see at MyReadingManga.
>>
I read all of yoake no uta after seeing that PV and I’ve never been so blue balled by a BL before.
>>
>>2903583
Same, poor Elva. Did you like it though?
>>
i have to wonder if the Yesterday Once More was a reference in the original japanese text, cuz that's one hell of a reference for a mangaka to make.
>>
>>2903625
It was there in the original. Carpenters were quite popular in Japan at the time, and as to missing West Virginia, earlier this evening I listened to a cover of 'Take me home country roads' by incredibly popular idol trio the Candies. A lot of American hit songs were well known in Japan even in the 70s, but it is nice that Azuma-sensei seems to like such oldies.
>>
>>2903433
>>2903411
How'd they die?
>>
>>2903628
yea, real respect to her for getting the references right. Both Rumspringa and Dear Gene give me high hopes for miss Azuma. I also really like how she draws bodies.
>>
>>2903380
What was strugglefucky in Given? I only watched the anime, didn't read the manga. I'm curious
>>
>>2903583
They never fuck? Do they at least end up together?
>>
>>2903392
>what sort of shit the author pulled to make that happen.
The power of retcons. It was obvious that the series was supposed to be about Hachi/Rogi but Scarlet Beriko got too thirsty for Tora to let him be an ex.
>>
>>2903392
Raping the only son of your crush will lead you to happiness
>>
>>2903642
The manga is still in progress, it seems to be a slow burn since the next arc is about some guy trying to kill the priests
>>
>>2903596
I’m really enjoying it, the plot and worldbuilding is solid. Reminds me of actiony shoujo with homovibes like tokyo babylon and loveless, and since this is BL I know the buildup will be delivered. Hopefully the story isn’t rushed trying to get to the sex, I wouldn’t even mind if this series ran for a few more years so it can reach its full potential.
>>
>>2903553
It isnt
>>
I just want more stuff that builds sexual tension well. More clothed teasing. More frottage that doesn't end in anal. Just once I want to see a BL guy get so overwhelmed that he cums in his boxers. Just damn once.
>>
>>2903799
>Just once I want to see a BL guy get so overwhelmed that he cums in his boxers
seconded pls
>>
also when is blue period going to go bl so i can see the cute midget get his ass hammered pls thx
>>
>artist draws BL and NL
>can't tell if their pairing is m/m or m/f because one's androgynous
https://twitter.com/neponeponepo2/status/1437057560800989186
>>
>>2903817
Seems like a girl, there's a school uniform shot where it looks like a skirt.
>>
>>
>>
>>2903826
>>2903827
>Wants to make smoothies out of kids that called him bald because rude kids like that will surely become scummy criminals
>Is a scummy criminal himself
>>
>>2903834
I hope the mc eats him and bangs a hotter dude
>>
>>2903826
>>2903827
Don't know if its Stockholm's but I'm starting to see the appeal.
>>
>>2903835
Touya getting his scrawny ass manhandled on the bed was pretty hot ngl. I bet Nemui would be freaky enough to do a cannibal end, plus it would be ironic with him telling Sada it’s just normal to eat humans as a zombie. He’s probably going to die or get zombied before the series ends.
>>
Futekiya got Blue Sky Complex
>>
>>2903799
This is what I like about Jackass. I don't care for the story or really the characters, but I do like the physical sexual tension. Even if it's not the exact scenario you described, I think a lot of kinky yet relatively wholesome BL might be the thing for you, anon. Try,
>Yakuza wo Shibatte ii de su ka
>Tie me down and open me up
>Ero Yume Aquarium
>Bodysuit Fetish
>About how I'm limp down there
>>
>>2903869
Well, that explains where they've been. Getting that license probably drained their cash for months.
>>
File: c7_Practiced_Liar_p01.jpg (218 KB, 1080x1538)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
This was really good! I didn't expect much going on because the plot sounded cliche and the Main Character looked more fem than I usually like, but it turned out to be an example where good execution elevates what would normally be a very average manga. The art is wonderful, with well-done backgrounds that make the world seem very real. The art style is pretty but a bit unusual in a pleasant way. The writing is quite good and makes the premise seem fresh even though its an old one. Overall I would recommend it. Fuckit put it in the paste too >>2902820
>>
File: c4_Practiced_Liar_p24.jpg (266 KB, 1080x1536)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>2903955
Posting a couple of pages I liked
>>
File: c4_Practiced_Liar_p26.jpg (329 KB, 1080x1536)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>2903956
OK that's enough. Go read it. Sadly not much sex though.
>>
Kono BL ga Yabai voting is open! Here's an updated translation of the questions:
You can vote on any BL genre work (or its character) published between Sept 21, 2020 and Sept 20, 2021. You don't have to vote in all categories.
Here's translation for the questions:
(General info)
Occupation (please choose, student, company employee, official, self employed, housewife, household helper, part-time worker, artist/creator, other)
Email address (needed)
Confirm email
Q1: Best BL comic
Title
Author
Q2: Best BL novel
Title
Author
Q3 Best Uke, Best Seme
Best Uke
A-1 Character Name
A-2 Title
A-3 Comment
Best Seme
A-1 Character Name
A-2 Title
A-3 Comment
Q4: Any interesting new/debiut mangaka?
Q5: Any interesting new/debiut novelist?
Q6: Memorable bookband *that slip of paper wrapped on new manga with some promotional catchphrase*
Text on bookband
Title
Q7: Best internet publication BL manga.
Title
Author
Q8: Best internet publication BL novel.
Title
Author
Q9: Any interesting non-japanese BL manga or novel?
Title
Author
Q10: What is your all-time favorite BL comic?
Title
Author
Feel free to write any comments or wishes regarding "Kono BL ga yabai?" here.
* Can we anonymously share what you wrote for promotional or announcement uses?
Yes
No
Personal information handling agreement:
Agree
Explanation of how the personal information is handled.
--
Remember to use names and titles in Japanese, I suggest copypasting from baka or other source. Voting closes on September 20th.
>>
>>2904063
Here's the link: https://pro.form-mailer.jp/fms/42080e47234315
>>
File: 橋田 悠.png (1.1 MB, 1920x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>2903816
>anime becomes popular
>shipping commences
>>
>>2904063
I'm voting for the fishfucking manga
>>
File: CQOGtSHUAAAEJdz.jpg (96 KB, 550x781)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2903411
>>2903631
was so sad hearing about inutoki. Shouhei is still releasing stuff but with a more and more clean artstyle (not sure if I like). Most inutoki/shouhei stuff should be on renta.
I'm having a hard time finding comments about how inutoki passed. There are farewell comments on their twitter. Inutoki's twitter and ask.fm does contain mentions of suicide, which is a bit morbid to read not knowing how serious some of it is..
>>
What are anons opinions on Ennead?
>>
>>2904114
Based
>>
>>2904114
I am actually interested in the way it incorporate original mythology with a new spin. Also it is based as fuck
>>
>>2904114
Surprised the author didn’t wimp out on the incest like I’m so used to with media based on greco-roman mythology. The art style is outstanding and doesn’t suffer from the white space problem other korean webtoons too
>>
>>2904160
As someone who's never read the series, can anyone explain why it's based?
>>
>>2904253
Uncle fucking
>>
>>2904251
True, the approach to incest is very similar to what you see in the mythology sources, refreshingly casual.
>>2904253
A smooth blend of Egyptian mythology and original plot, with good, stylish art. Also uncle fucking.
>>
>>2904083
>>2903816
The fanbase for this will be so awful with all the trannies latching on it
>>
>>2904253
The incest is a real thing that happened in the old Egyptian myth. The story actually feels like an interesting retelling of the event with a focus on action and metaphorical storytelling like how myths are constructed. The fact that it go for thirty-ish chapters with no sex and just as story build up makes it way more intriguing than your run of the mill manhwa. Also uncle fucking.
>>
>>2903957
> saucenao this
> get "Harry Loves Snape Vol. 2 p.6"
I guess it's technically relevant
>>
>>2904251
>didn’t wimp out on the incest like I’m so used to with media based on greco-roman mythology
I don't think people erase mythological incest, so much as not bring it up. I'm not the biggest fan of incest stuff, but I've never felt bothered when its Gods bc who cares. The geneology of the Greek/Roman pantheon is more of a bush than a tree.
>>
File: C46384C-N578711N-27.jpg (267 KB, 700x1009)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>2904096
Their work is pure kino. I love the flustered expressions.
>>
>>2904286
Nooo anon. It's this, >>2903955 the title is right there. I read it on MRM
>>
File: fucking heartstopper.png (17 KB, 481x241)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Okujima is no longer based anons
>>
>>2902958
>>2902959
Really? Not a single manga exists with either option? I'm disappoint, recbros.
>>
https://twitter.com/sankakumado_PR/status/1434803561607618563
Are you watching it?
>>
>>2904365
It's ugly as hell, so I guess I'll watch one ep and call it a day. Unless the seiyuu are really damn good, then maybe I'll treat it like a drama CD.
>>
>>2904320
>I've been thinking that I'm running out of BL lately, and that I should think about doing a different kind of manga, but then I read the article about "Heart Stopper", and I thought I'd like to draw something like that. Maybe I should go with my heart too. I'll look for Heart Stopper and read it.
He hasn't read it yet, it's not too late! Quick, someone go tell him it's really bad and people in the West find it cringe! Recommend TJ and Amal instead or something!
>>
File: 266567_97f73.gif (1.17 MB, 226x227)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>2904320
>>2904375
>mfw recommend several gay or gay-vibe British movies with available Japanese translations to him
>he replies politely but never watches them
>he reads one article about fucking Heartstopper
>gee whiz time to go buy it
This makes me want to drink until I pass out. All the gay shit my godforsaken country spits out and he chooses to read this tosh!? Toilet paper has more value than Heartstopper. At least you can wipe your ass with TP without getting a paper cut on your starfish. It's on the same tier as the Daily Mail: overly emotional drivel that makes stupid people feel better about themselves. They're about equal in the continuity department too. Fucking hell. What the everliving fuck.
>>
>>2904387
>>2904375
Heartstopper just got two volumes released, the last one is coming out tomorrow. He was probably tempted by the ongoing ad campaign and Jap ads can make the worst drivel charming. Or maybe he just wanted to flex about reading more non-Jap BL. Question is if he's going to like it after reading or not.
>>
>>2904393
He probably will like it, at least at first. The dude's a Westaboo and loves sentimental stuff. But he might get bored by volume 2, nothing much happens in it. There aren't any layers to the story. It's just weak and bland all over.
>>
>>2904387
>>2904320
>>2904375
Never read it, what makes it so bad?
>>
File: 8278366_641_912_121719.jpg (126 KB, 641x912)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>2903403
>why would anyone go into a series about homo shit and think "yeah I want to see pregnancy shit!
There's a reason why 'mpreg' is a tag.

ABO is honestly a good excuse for so many themes/fetishes at once:
Biting, pregnancy, "soul mates", rape, "needing dick", etc.
>>
>>2904411
It’s not that it’s badly written it’s like what >>2904402 said, it’s very vanilla, fitting since it’s a series aimed at school students. Compared to what okujima writes heart stopper is very tepid since it’s the sort of fluffy slice of life wholesomeness people who hate any sort of conflict or hardcore content would enjoy.
>>
Finally at chapter 50 of Ennead, the big reveal for why everyone is so fucked up was amazing. Osiris wanting to sacrifice Anubis and implant Nephthys‘s womb into Seth just so he could knock him up was spine chilling with how depraved the entire plan was after Osiris was shown to be a hero for most of the story. The comic is just now in its second season so who knows if the story will stay strong, but this is one of the best korean webtoons I’ve read
>>
>>2904412
I just find it weird to put strict heteronormative (don't know what else to call it, not a SJW I swear) labels on gay relationships
>>
>>2904548
Omegaverse is just an extreme version of a common attitude to BL, it's not like the rest of BL doesn't stray het-like most of the time because most authors and readers are female. At least omegaverse are sometimes honest about it.
>>
>>2904548
Well, although omegaverse and mpreg most of the time is executed in a pretty standard het way (like most of bl let's be honest) sometimes it gives way to some interesting genderfuckery and gender exploration. After all you could even say that thinking that pregnancy and parenthood is only for the mf couples is pretty hetenormative itself.
But desu I think is not that deep anon and it's just a convenient way for incorporing even more fetishes like pregnant sex or breeding kink with all the extra things you need to make it happen (marathon fucking, creaming, cockwarming, etc.) It's a pretty sweet deal like that.
>>
So besides Ouroboros and apparently now Ennead, what are the best bl manwha/ webtoon running right now?
>>
>>2904502
My favorite part was that before that flashback, Seth seemed completely insane, but in the flashback he turns out to be completely reasonable in comparison. Also as the story progresses I really like Isis as a character, she's annoying as hell but I think her development is quite realistic.
>>
File: Hints everywhere.jpg (775 KB, 1080x1427)
775 KB
775 KB JPG
>>2904502
>>2904561
There are so many little details and foreshadowing in the story. Even the details like the walls having Nephthys conversing with Osiris in way earlier chapters that you wouldn't notice unless you reread it. I hate male characters being threatened to have a womb and a child but it works here because they are all gods and have magic, and even then the magic is still following a strict internal rule set even if its more of a symbolic rule than concrete stuff. I like that no character is exactly how they appear, and yet what is reveal of them makes perfect sense. Its a rare manhwa that put a lot of effort in its story. Rather than just porn or cheap drama.
>>
>>2904561
Isis is one of my fave characters, she’s ruthless with Nephthys and Seth, but she stills feel guilt and sympathy for them for the fucked up situation Osiris put them in. I also like how maternal she is with Horus and Anubis, the author could have made her a heartless schemer but I appreciate little moments like her and Maat discussing how Isis still tried to reach out to Seth or her trying to prevent Anubis from finding out Seth isn’t his biological father. I just care so much for all the characters, I don’t even care if there’s no canon couple at the end.
>>
>>2904563
Yeah, sometimes I feel bad for never paying enough attention to the details because the webtoon format makes me read faster than usual, but there's a lot of subtle hints to be picked up upon reread.
>>2904576
Her motherly side is what makes her so realistic imo, especially the overprotective but loving attitude she shows Horus. She's a goddess so the extent of what she can do to favor or protect him are really over the top, but magic aside her behavior really remids me of irl parents. Horus' awkwardness towards her coddling is also on point. I can't wait to see what they'll do when Horus' lust for Seth is revealed.
>>
>>2904579
I also like how she’s protecting Seth in a roundabout way. She’s against killing Seth since that’ll just 1)defeat the point of her revenge against Osiris by giving him Seth and 2)doom Seth stay with Osiris for eternity while Anubis dies. She could have easily told everyone what happened between Seth and Osiris, but her vengeance and guilt prevent her. I wonder how her curse will work against.
>>
>>2904275
>The incest is a real thing that happened in the old Egyptian myth.
Not exactly. It's been a while since I took this class, but this is how it goes.

Set and Horus war against each other for the right to rule Egypt and over the course of decades compete against each other in varios trials. Set, being defined by his domineering, voracious and "indiscriminate" sexuality also lusts after Horus and strikes a deal to have sex with him. Regardless of whatever version of story, Set's semen never enters Horus, and so Horus maintains his dignity. Horus, or Isis, then scheme to have Set ingest Horus's semen by feeding Set letuce, his favourite food. Over time, a golden disc appears on Set's forehead, indicating the presense of Horus's semen inside him. The Ennead then declare that Set, as a bottom, is unfit to rule Egypt and awards Horus the throne.

Horus never lusts after Set.
>>
>>2904558
Sadistic Beauty BL
>>
>>2904614
Honestly it is not that good and mostly just abuse porn. But the real entertainment value is just reading the scanlators seething at every panel. Without that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
>>
>>2904557
>pregnancy and parenthood is only for the mf couples is pretty hetenormative itself
>pregnancy
I'm sorry anon, but it literally requires a man and woman. How is that hetronormative, that's just a fact.
>>2904555
Only the shit entry-level stuff. I've been more picky and filtering out the kind of stuff I read when I first got into BL and rarely come across this problem
>>
>>2904603
Lmao, so that's where the sneaking into Horus' bed scene came from! That's still much more similarity to the original myth than I expected.
>>
>>2904623
>I'm sorry anon, but it literally requires a man and woman. How is that hetronormative, that's just a fact.
Some men can get pregnant.
>>
>>2904656
poor girl read too much abo and thinks its real : (
>>
>>2903836
Is he trying to win the MC over with his personality since there’s no way he could do it with looks?
>>
>chapter locked behind private discord paywall
I'm too braindead for this, I'll just fap to my old stuff.
>>
>>2904502
>threatened with male pregnancy
>its played totally straight
okay i might read this
>>
File: 1631760503166.png (428 KB, 968x449)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
is this the right place to ask for recs on romance and stuff with traps?
>>
>>2904693
>traps
thanks, you reminded me to go look up this trap manga i had been meaning to read, and it's preddy gud so far
>>
>>2904693
does it have to have sex. one of the early ones i read was a guy bumping into a guy who knew crossdressing. he blackmails into hanging out with him crossdressing and and its more of a "these are somewhat broken losers" than "fuckin". it was pretty good.
>>
Just finished Walk on Water and it felt very disappointing.
Started up pretty strong and first season 1 was ok overall. Then second season felt too simple, which would have worked out pretty well as a contrast between Edd looking at things naively and the harsh reality hitting him in season three but then that last season was so bland that it completely deflated.
Also it felt weirdly? preachy? in how at the end the whole theme of the last episodes were "if you do porn you deserve the scorn/mistreatment from society until you admit it was wrong and only then you deserve compassion" and no one is ever criticized for mistreating sex workers as if it was ok for society to treat them like that. The only characters that weren't ashamed of doing sex work (as escorts or porn actors) were either portrayed as pimps or straight up vanished in the story. All the characters that worked in the industry were absolutely miserable unless they completely buried their "shameful past" behind so that they could start a new life.
It felt like an incredibly weak criticism of the sex industry while at the same time simplifying the complicated factors involving queer people and sex work.
At the end, I felt that Glenn's character development went to the trash bin, he started very interesting and ended up apologizing for even existing? The way he and everyone were outed was so out of the nowhere and plain stupid. Chang Liu was also another interesting character that barely managed to reach a proper development at the end and it still felt lacking (only giving him points because I adore proxy fucking).
Overall I would have preferred for it to be yet another cliché "I'm dating my boss that pays me for sex but it's true love so there are no power dynamics affecting me at all" than the pretentious commentary of the porn industry it ended up being. Shouldn't have expected much from an author that kept dropping movie titles to sound deep and intellectual.
>>
File: 1574548176936-1.jpg (46 KB, 462x586)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I have a strange fascination with stories that involve male prostitutes or really degenerate characters

Anyone else?
>>
>>2904818
I like really slutty male characters that act no different from slutty girls in hentai, hence why I like BL artists that also draw hentai
>>
>>2904656
A-are you retarded?
>>
>>2902818
I would actually love good recommendation too.
Almost no BL manga experience, I prefer darker themes, nice art, long hair in characters and please no male pregnancy or animal/fury
>>
>>2904662
>>2904836
Ever heard of trans men?
>>
File: images (12).jpg (10 KB, 293x172)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2904838
I'm begging you, please don't start this.
>>
>>2904837
Try something by Zariya Ranmaru, she often has long haired dudes and stories on the serious side.
>>
>>2904841
thanks!
>>
>>2904838
No they don't exist, trans people are only mtf according to the media
>>
>>2904734
Name?
>>
>>2904871
Trap Heroine
>>
>>2904693
its not faggotry but read "world of moral reversal", the proper ones. its like 28 chapters. I really want a gay version.
>>
>>2904883
I'd really love to see two of the sex-shy "girly" boys in that universe having an S-class yuri-like gay relationship
>>
>>2904884
forbidden love really needs to be explored in it, from the guy side. wew.
>>
>>2904818
>>2904826
Same, I have a soft spot for male characters that unashamedly express their love for dick/getting fucked. Like in Maou evelogia ni mi wo sasageyo or Zhao Yunlan from Guardian, the sluttier the better.
>>
>>2904890
i got a soft spot for afraid of the dick
>>
File: 00520115.png (954 KB, 540x909)
954 KB
954 KB PNG
>>2904502
Also read Ennead recently, the characterisation is great I agree. I knew what was going on with Osiris when he creeps on Seth in chapter 10.
Seth's love for his family is really endearing, obviously it's a rarity in this genre.

>>2904622
I see someone's uploading cleaned versions of the chapters with no complaining, hoping that doesn't rustle the translator's jimmies too much
>>
File: 44634_16319787.jpg (164 KB, 1080x2060)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
This was based, although I definitely prefer canon Horus and Seth to this version.
>>
>>2904817
Ngl, McQueen was so boring that I was rooting for the brother to win the mcbowl.
The author's currently ongoing webtoon is just about as pretentious.
>>
>>2904502
Is this comic ever explicit? I really love Egyptian themed stories, but I hate most Korean comics since they aren't normally sexually explicit and have too much white empty space.
>>
>>2904907
The artist is very creative with the censorship. There’s no dicks out but no crazy white out, you can even see Seth’s ass get fingered
>>
>>2904892
Excellent taste anon, do you have any favorites?
>>
>>2904907
anon there's an ass filled with cum two posts above you
>>
File: 161.jpg (167 KB, 706x1000)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>2904890
My favourite example of this character type is Nan-ge from MIB. What I like about him is that while being sexually domineering, he's not an exhibitionist about it, and that active personality never comes into play outside the bedroom. This is what really takes the reader back when the pair actually do get down to the dirty and he just steamrolls every sex scene.

Extra points for being that rare uke who actually initiates, courts and even proposes to their remontic interest.
>>
Have we reached a point where we can add some manhwa or manhua into the rec list? There are some pretty good ones like Wolf in the house and now Ennead and Ouroboros.
>>
>>2904951
There are loads in the list already. Even the chart already has some. So that's a Yes
>>
Started Ennead. This is one of the best things I've gotten out of this general. Genuinely fantastic so far.
>>
I remember some anons discussing chinese BL live actions here. Well, those got officially banned for now
>>
>>2905045
Wonder why the CCP is insecure about that stuff
>>
>>2902878
Where is this guy from
>>
File: E_aCuBdUcAErrRB.png (533 KB, 700x560)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>2905045
It was fun while it lasted. RIP Eternal Faith, ErHa and a dozen other titles I would have grown very fond of.
>>
>>2905046
Not enough baby making. Its why video games are being cut down too.
>>
>>2905050
Dear Gene by Azuma Kaya
>>2905052
I can't wait to see it fail. Apart from literally mandating children I doubt they can solve the eternal 'richer and more developed societies stop having as much children' issue. Scapegoating gays was done before and it's never worked.
>>
>>2905062
Gays aren't the only ones they are targeting, fujos don't want to breed either
>>
>>2905051
really wish we couldve at least gotten hyx, i was really banking on it streamlining and polishing 2has terribly paced much too long story
>>
>>2905068
They've just been waiting and waiting to release it and now it may never see the light of day. I'll make do with Ashes of Love for Luo Yunxi but goddamn.
>>
>>2905046
If you read about Zhou Enlai's personal life, it's pretty obvious that he was gay (you can look into this.) What we need is some brave Chinese fujo to make a BL on this subject
>>
>>2905069
Serves them right for being greedy as fuck
>>
File: E_YWQ_bVgAAHfgd.jpg (127 KB, 509x702)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Tanko for Okujima's collab with Nitro+Chiral came out this week just in time for cmoa's coupon campaign. Anyone read it yet or plans to?
>>
>>2905105
Tempted, but I really don't care for Nitro + Chiral's writing. Even with Okujima's art, the cringe factor may be too high.
>>
File: 158T6D519210501.jpg (82 KB, 840x1024)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Anyone else feel like they're kind of getting tired of BL? I don't know if I'm burnt out or anhedonic, but recently I just don't care about it as much as I used to.
>>
>>2905133
Nah, not tired of BL as a whole. I just get more picky about quality with time.
>>
>>2905135
Recently I have it the opposite, after years of being picky and only going for BL that 100% fit my criteria I started enjoying average BL again. I still won't read trash, but I started finding charm in all those 'classic flavor' boy meets boy stories again, especially if they have good art.
>>
>>2905136
>'classic flavor' boy meets boy stories again
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>2905137
Imagine your average or below average shoujo manga that follows every single trope imaginable. Guy meets another guy, they start dating, a misunderstanding happens but it's resolved and they're together again, extra chapter about sex.
>>
>>2905137
Like for example I used to avoid highschool romcoms or basic scenario stories like 'a guy meets an actor he likes irl and they fuck' because they tend to be pretty one note and/or predictable. At this point I don't care that most of these stories have no catch and I can tell exactly what's going to happen, I find them entertaining in their own way. Sure, I'd still prefer more Azuma Kaya or Sakura Sawa, but I don't mind reading less original stuff sometimes.
>>
>>2905138
By itself, that is literally most romance. It matter more how the tropes and dynamics are executed. Personally, I'm bored by most HS setting stuff
>>
>>2905133
I used to read anything available as long as it had a BL label. Now I just follow my favorite authors and check out interesting looking works, I'm just bored of the things that I used to read not to mention anything HS related or Korean
>>
>>2905133
I wish more hentai and NL artists who like BL would actually draw BL. It would make the genre considerably less stale.
>>
>>2905136
Classic but done well is a thing a lot of us here appreciate, I think. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just do it well.
>>
>>2905105
He posted sex previews on twitter, looks like we're getting multiple pages of hard fucking
>>
>>2904838
The moment they get pregnant they stop being men, who the fuck besides women would want to willingly get pregnant and go through that shit? Retards I tell you.
>>
>>2905130
You were right, it was a giant edgefest. Literally 2009 emo kids level. But
>>2905151
There was a lot of sex, they fucked every ten pages or so.
>>
File: E_Xp8cuVIAA0jnX.jpg (231 KB, 1108x1478)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
may i see it
>>
>>2905197
>>
>>2905199
Jesus christ, forget the lack of dick, where the fuck is the uke's ass at? Okujima really phoned it in with this series
>>
>>2905199
Oh thank you anon! It's a shame so much detail is lost between the drawing and the scan

>>2905200
True, once you see it..
>>
>>2905200
It looks like uke is a pregnant woman or sth
>>
File: Hikari_ga_Shinda_Natsu.jpg (244 KB, 2048x1364)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>2905133
As with all things, overconsumptions can lead to burnout, especially in a market as oversaturated as BL. For me, the trick has been to identify enough series with interesting premises, characters or art and then rotate through them. At this rate I've been able to read at least two or 3 good series a month. It also helps to browse sites like pixiv for new and novel BL, you'll usually find a gem or two being published in obscure places. Take pic for example, a horror Bl that's currently being published in young ace.
>>
File: Secret_Mail.jpg (149 KB, 774x1110)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>2905204
Following up, it also helps if you read widely, by which I mean BL from various regions and countries besides Japan. As other anons have already mentioned, there's a handful of pretty great manwha being published weekly, and one Chinese danmei can last you a month or two. Then there's Taiwan, which though significantly smaller, arguable has the most eclectic range that I've seen in the genre, and even if some have been bad, all are at least unique and interesting.
>>
File: Vp5a_slRRUU.jpg (400 KB, 1351x2160)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>2904890
You know I wasn't big on slutty behavior until now, but Zhao Yunlan was a delight.
>tfw late to the party and now nobody talks about Guardian anymore
>>
>>2905340
Read Silent Reading for more high quality sluts next. Speaking of guardian, wasn't there another translation ongoing? How far is it now?
>>
>>2905133
My level of interest is pretty much the same as always, I read and I don't think about it too much. Sometimes I find a series I really like tough. But the limit of Bl storytelling makes it hard to get invested
>>
>>2904548
You can do ABO with any gender combination, can't you? Even if it started as a fujo thing.
>>
Where do you guys go to find new shit? Specially places that actually tag well
>>
>>2905434
Yeah but it seems like most hetero abo is scary alpha dom hatefucks omega girl into submission, with a little bit of femdom alpha girl abuses omega boy.
Either way it's even more stagnant and cliché than gay abo.
>inb4 lesbian abo
Virtually nonexistent
>>
>>2905436
Here and mrm. If you can read moon, try chilchil.
>>
File: 57g88_nDnQQ.jpg (182 KB, 600x849)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2905419
What do you know, indeed I have just started Silent Reading. I've read RainbowSe7en's "edited" Guardian translation on Google drive; last few chapters are WIP (not edited), but not unreadable by any means. For the extras, I've read a random tumblr translation which was also pretty ok.
>>
>>2905419
That one was around chapter 90 last time I checked. They went full "legal readers only" tho so you have to send them your proof of purchase if you want to read past chapter 20 something.
>>
>>2905419
I don't know if it is because I'm ESL or because of the translation, but I thought the cop was the bottom until halfway through book 3. Honestly I preferred it that way.
>>
>>2905204
>>2905207
As a person who's also burnt out with BLs like anon >>2905133 these are very good tips! Thank you!
>>
>>2905459
What's pic related?
>>
>>2905568
Anon...read the post itself to find the answer
>>
File: DxAs5z3X4AY7tdM.jpg (316 KB, 1827x1677)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>2905568
>>2905578
Shit I'm so deep in this hell I don't mind spoonfeeding. It's Guardian/Zhen Hun, yet another novel by Priest.
>>
>>2902981
It should have ended with the boyfriend miserable with a child and dying wife and the other guy finding a better dude. That mid portion was ruined by the japanese idea that two people are fated to be together forever.
>>
>>2904818
Did she ever finish the one about two bottoms? I wanted to see the blond guy getting fucked by the gangster looking mother fucker.

>>2905133
I binge read BL then stop. Then start the cycle again.
>>
>>2905340
Same anon, nowadays the only people that ever talk about guardian are the ones that only saw the live action and prefer that to the novel. It's pure suffering
>>
>>2905584
>the one about two bottoms?
Happy Kuso Life is licensed by coolmic they've got two volumes out now. It's still ongoing in Qpa.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.