[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/y/ - Yaoi

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Canna_80_MADK.jpg (300 KB, 1000x1333)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
Read any good BL recently? Drop your recs and read along here!

Recs:
>https://controlc.com/afa94663
>https://pinboard.in/u:yrecs (NEEDS UPDATING - see below for details)

BL Licensers and How to Request from Them:
>https://controlc.com/e327bf9b

Tiermakers:
>https://tiermaker.com/user/579020

Bonus questions:
>TIERLIST THREAD! Post your BL Manga Tierlist
>https://tiermaker.com/create/bl-manga-2-579020

Previous thread >>2902818
>>
File: BL_Chart_v6.jpg (3.68 MB, 2428x8237)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
Please reply to this post to ask for things to be added OR REMOVED from the rec list.
>anime, VNs, fan doujin, and academic works about BL are allowed too

***NEEDED: Volunteers to update the Pinboard
>Pastebin banned us. We are using controlc now, but help to update the Pinboard (which can't be banned as easily) is still needed
How to post to and edit the Pinboard:
>https://notes.pinboard.in/u:yrecs/notes/f1e5bb2ba91dd9d863ce

NEW HERE? Check out our curated rec chart!
>>
Complete:
>Medamayaki - Practiced Liar [Supernatural/University/ESP][https://mangadex.org/title/61ce9e29-b35e-47fa-a98a-ecc2ac24fe07/practiced-liar]

No Removals.
>>
This novel has gotten confirmed for a winter live action show. Has anyone read it or other Nagira Yuu works?
Are there any active groups that accept jpn BL novels requests?
>>
>>2908382
It's a very nice tirelist with at least a dozen titles I've had in my 'to-read' folder for months... Guess it's time to get through that pile before the thread ends.
>>
>>2908393
I don't know, but I also want to know if there's a group that accepts jpn novel requests. I've been working my way through one with DeepL for a while now and it would be so much easier to rip it and hand it off to someone else.
>>
>>2908401
>yes ka no ka hanbun ka translator is on a hiatus
>she likes homos not me translator hasn't updated since last year
>the ongoing translation of jpn novels either involve furries, isekai, salary men isekai or furry isekai
There's probably no such thing I guess
>>
>>2908412
The first is probably on hiatus because the novel got an English release. But yeah, my one stands no chance with those odds. Thank god for DeepL I guess?
>>
>>2908401
Speaking of novels, anyone else reading or rereading No. 6?
>>
>>2908416
Nope, the translator has been working on its spinoffs and other novels as well, so they're on an indefinite hiatus for personal reasons.
How bearable is deepl anyway?
>>
File: 1612808690048.jpg (97 KB, 460x658)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
I haven't visited these threads in a long time. How's everyone feeling about the tricornered anime? Premieres in a couple hours. Character design looks a bit off and I'm worried they'll overplay the BL. Erika looks the most disappointing.
>>
>>2908465
If someone told me this was from ten years ago I’d believe them.
>>
>>2908429
As long as you make sure your extracted source text is 100% correct, it's pretty good. Definitely readable and miles ahead of Google. An anon posted some comparisons here a while ago, let me try to find them
>>
File: 1628218350126.png (257 KB, 946x2458)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>2908500
Got it, picrel
>>
>>2908465
I'm decently hyped about it. I don't really care how heavy the BL ends up being, I enjoy it as a supernatural story.
>>
Did we ever find out what the fuck happened to YoI
>>
>>2908465
I'm not excited, but I didn't like the manga much. Maybe I'll check it out.

Twitter will either call this problematic or hype it as the next BL ever.
>>
>>2908389
Oh, I didn't know they were on Dex. I'll definitely check them out in the future, though right now I'm busy with some other manga and I don't like to start too many things.
>>
File: gikei_012.jpg (419 KB, 1165x1654)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Gonna make a weird request so pls don't judge

Can someone recommend some BL or doujins that feature gorgeous pubes? I've read stuff by Haiki and Harada and they look so hot, I don't know why but it makes everything feel so sexy.
>>
>>2908429
>>2908502
Depends on how straightforward the original text is. It has a tendency to mistake sentence subjects and in some speech styles gives you the opposite meanings. It also has a tendency to improvise complete bullshit if it doesn't know the idiom/slang/speech style. It's tolerable for personal use if you can context-guess when it's being wrong.
>>
>>2908465
It's really ugly, I have no idea how does one fuck up such easy character designs. And it's gonna be short - unless they plan on making another season, they'll have to cut out all the non-crucial plot points to make the main plotline fit, and/or change the ending. I'm not excited, but at least it'll bring more audience to the source material.
>>
>>2908385
Holy shit, this was good.
This is that rare slow burn romance that actually executes it's concept superbly. Also like how many of the yaoi cliches show up, and then get immediately subverted.

Pastebin please
>>
File: 20211003_113417.jpg (71 KB, 470x470)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2908382
Is it true that you are mostly transgenders and lesbians? It makes a lot sense now. This is why Yaoi and Bara are so extremely different.
>>
>>2908577
I've read three of her works and everytime someone got stabbed. Does it happen here
>>
>>2908465
>It's out
>Didn't see a thread on /a/
Why
>>
>>2908592
Sauce? Also, according to that one survey poll this thread's gender ration is 50/50.
>>
>>2908592
Most fujo are either men or bi women, by experience.
>>
>>2908600
>>2908607
Don’t reply to bait
>>
>>2908607
>most fujo are either men
No? 99% of yaoi public = women. Are you talking about bara?
>>
>>2908615
Why so many retards think all men hate yaoi and love bara?
>>
May I please know if there a full PDF or ePub of the Thousand Autumns FTL translations? I can hunt the carrd links but man it's a LOT.
>>
Is it weird that as a fujo I have a huge preference for the guy I find hotter in a particular pairing to bottom?
>>
File: C67lqolWoAAQAPW.jpg (129 KB, 900x635)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2908631
I think that's actually quite common.
>>
File: C4ZB6r9UEAAXB95.jpg (251 KB, 1700x1200)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>2908641
Found the original in case anyone else was confused with translation. Seems this person has done a lot of other comics comparing different fujo approaches.
>>
>>2908631
Thinking about it, I have this tendency in my own fantasies and when I commission art but I'll save any art of my favorite pairings no matter which way around they go
>>2908641
Make way gays, turtle fudanshi coming through
>>2908653
Please post more, this is some funny shit
>>
File: unknown (1).png (561 KB, 1378x662)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>2908641
>mfw obsessed with semes and have fixed monogamous pairing preferences
What the hell? Where do I fit? And why is everyone so obsessed with ukes?
>>
File: C97nmRVVwAE-X6p.jpg (414 KB, 1512x2134)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>2908670
Don't want to spam the thread with untranslated meta but you can find all of them here: https://twitter.com/_k_a_o_m_o_j_i_/media
>>
>>2908641
Frogchad here.
>>
>>2908675
I don't have a preference, so in some couples I prefer uke and in others seme, but I know a couple fujo like you. Don't worry, you fit in. I guess some of the uke-obsessed fujo like more feminine men that are hard to find outside of BL?
>>
>>2908675
I think you would belong to the gecko fujo crowd anon don't worry.
>why is everyone obsessed with ukes?
I think that since a good chunk of BL's are from the uke's point of view it's easier to get invested for them, that and the fact that sometimes the semes are underdeveloped/disappointing within the plot (not to say that all ukes are well written all the time because there are many instances of straight up annoying/terribly bland ukes) I believe.
That and wanting to see a character being drilled when looking up just sex is also a good point too, mobxcharacter is popular for a reason. I'm not particularly interested in it but I can understand the appeal.
>>
>>2908641
At first I felt like a turtle but I also resonate strongly with the slug.
>>
>>2908641
>fixed pair
>doesn't care who tops
Ribbit motherfuckers!
>>2908679
Ahh based frogbro
>>
>>2908687
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those the most different from each other
>>
>>2908641
I have a pairing I adore, where both A and B seem like bottoms, but character A (shorter, energetic, HOT BLOODED) seems like he's the more dominant one and would bully B (tall, bishounen, calmer and smarter) into service topping.

... But B is prettier and I want to see him get railed more.
I don't dislike B x A though, as long as the artist/author isn't making A wildly out of character and highly submissive.
>>
File: 021.jpg (531 KB, 1280x1780)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>2908544
Pubes are unfortunately rare. I think darkness hound has some nice ones

>>2908641
I'm not a true fujo, I just wanna get railed by the seme
>>
>>2908689
I know…I’ll read anything but I also prefer fixed couples that don’t screw other characters
>>
File: my-image.png (3.63 MB, 1075x1835)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB PNG
>>2908382
Hi anons, please use this listmaker going forward:

https://tiermaker.com/create/boys-love-manga-579020

Unfortunately, it appears tiermaker has an image cap, and so I had to recreate a list to fit as many titles as possible since the one in OP only contained 480 and left out prominent works (most notable Yuki to Matsu and Tricornered Window). Using a rough selection criteria, the new list now has 550 titles.
Also, here's my tierlist.
>>
>>2908641
This explains so much. I'm a turtle and tend to be adjacent to the drama of the 3-way deadlock, as in, collect their art or read their fiction. But mute or unfollow if anyone gets wanky about ships. The ones who get a block are malicious players who dump on others.
>>
>>2908706
I am once again asking that we list the titles with the images because I cannot remember all the images but I can remember titles.
>>
A couple threads back I asked if anyone had any hentai artists they’d like to see draw BL, and I just remembered that clockup has the artists for their bishoujo games illustrate for their BL games. A win for fujos since BL artists switching to hentai is becoming increasingly common.
>>
>>2908641
I don't fucking understand a single word of this shit
>>
>>2908723
Glossary:

Left: Another word for the top in a pairing since the one who is topping has their name written on the left in a pairing name like Top x Bottom.
Right: Another word for bottom since the bottom's name is written on the right.
Fixed: Refers to being unwilling to accept verse top/bottom switching and alternate positioning for a couple.
Seme: Top
Uke: Bottom
>>
>>2908296
>twitter video
>"will be deleting soon"
Could have just dumped it on AO3 or write.as like the other authors
>>
>>2908641
>tfw snail because the things I like the most don't have fandoms
>>
File: 1593896781445.jpg (1.61 MB, 1660x3117)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2908641
Its five am and I don't understand a word of this.
But I think I'm a turtle.
>>
>>2908813
If you or anyone else is awake at 5 again tomorrow there’s going to be a fujo livestream about Asada Nemui
>>
>>2908592
Most fujos are het and their dream is to get a guy who is into anal play/pegging. Or a femboy who is into cosplay.
>>
>>2908616
Gay guys prefer jacking off to pictures of men, not women larping as men. Also, despite rape and torture being as prevalent in bara as yaoi, they seldom romanticise it. There's no pretense or time wasted trying to convince the reader the characters feel anything like love towards eachother.

Watching a guy get raped until he mindbreaks can be hot, watching a guy get raped until it feels so good he actually falls in love and finds true happiness? Well that's just depressing
>>
>>2908813
Turtle is the way
>>
>>2908844
t. post made by a retarded woman who doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. Read more BL.
>>
File: 4rrp9j.png (40 KB, 625x626)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
This thread is so young, anons. Don't do it. It's fair game after the bump limit, but please consider holding off for now.
>>
>>2908641
I'm a frog with snail tendencies, my favorite pairing is only for each other, except for the occasional time when either of them get raped by tentacles/gangbanged.
>>
>>2908706
https://imgur.com/a/5I6D51b
I couldn't remove much, so I just posted it on Imgur.
When anon or other anons here have free time, I'd really appreciate it if they can write down the titles of the tier list by image order.
>>
Is "In these words" available anywhere at all? All the online stores I have checked so far say "out of stock" or don't have international shipping available.
>>
I looked up for Ani no Yuujin, I found the first 2 chapters, but not the rest, and according to baka they are translated. But the scanlation team seems dead. Any anon that has them and is willing to share or knows where the fuck they are?
>>
File: 1633365106968.jpg (62 KB, 395x476)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
why am i extremely into old men that are bottoms
does this say something about me
>>
>>2908865
Lots of straight guys and lesbians like milfs and what are older bottoms if not male milfs
>>
>>2908838
>Or a femboy who is into cosplay
how'd you know
>>
>>2908641
Seems like I'm the only snake around here, since I rarely get equally invested in both guys. I always end up having a clear favorite.
>>
>>2908857
Looking at the list, I have absolutely no idea how anon determines what makes a good BL. The only thing is maybe a good amount of rape or sexual abuse and dark atmosphere?
>>
>>2908865
People tend to equate beauty with youth, so if someone is still much older and attractive then they: 1)Took care of themselves (signals good life choices and usually some money), 2) are extra hot because the odds are against them.
Also wisdom is hot.
>>
Other than Tricorne is the any other homo oriented anime?
>>
>>2908931
Define homo-oriented?
>>
>>2908934
Idk something like Free even or shit you can ship or stuff.
>>
>>2908935
that's called fujobait. Sk8 would be my suggestion.
>>
>>2908938
I mean this season airing now lol. It feels like it's been a dry year for fujoshit
>>
>>2908931
This isn't a homo thread, fuck off to /a/ with that shit. We're over 70 posts in and so far only 2 anons have actually stuck to the thread topic.

Having said that, try these if you want non bl:

Banana Fish
Yuri on Ice
Free!
Sk8t
Mo Dao Zu Shi
Heaven Official's Blessing
The Case Files of Jeweler Richard
No. 6
Owari no Seraph (?)
>>
File: ErdPQ8QVcAE0_Mc.jpg (410 KB, 1928x1364)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>2908865
Every artist in the Getter Robo fandom seems to love to draw 50-something Hayato Jin seductively, it's great.
>>
Doing the chart right now but I'm depressed so the meh section is very large
>>
>>2908865
dont fuck your grandpa anon
>>
>>2908907
Haha, I get that a lot.
I don't like romanticized rape much, but if they use rape to mentally manipulate someone, I like it.
Mostly well-written stories, actual plot, drama, black humor, and mafia/yakuza plots. Weak to twisted/fucked up stuff.
I am being kind to Sakura Gari, it was the best we had back then +taisho era.
It had potential, and it was written by a shoujo mangaka.
>>
>>2908962
i get that im a massive degenerate faggot but i want straights forced into non-straight relationships. whatever watchlists it gets me onto. my dick controls me.
>>
File: 20.jpg (325 KB, 846x1199)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>2908865
Could be worse.
You could be into TopSon / Bottom Father
No, I do not want to sodomize my father.
>>
>>2908969
explain the logistics of this to me. why does this get you hard
>>
Is Soine Lovers or Akuheki in the tier list? Because I see perfect planet but not those ones among the other titles.
>>
>>2908931
this
>>
>>2908975
Just added them to the list
>>2908857
Here is a partial title list of all the bl manga in your want-to-read tier anon.

Achira Kochira de Aimashou
Ani no Yuujin (futekiya)
Bluer Than Summer
Bokura no Tsuzuki
Boku-tachi wa Mada Aoku
Bokura wo Hedateru Ao to Shiro
Boys Love (futekiya)
Contrast
Chicken Heart Serenade
Fudanshi Kazoku
Heart of Thomas
Hello
Kekkon Suru Kamoshirenai Otoko
Kimi ni wa Todokanai
Kino to Yano
Koi ni mo naranai
Koujitsuei no Tobira
Our Not So Lonely Planet
Revival Blue
Tashiro kun kimi tte yatsu wa
The Beast That Yearns to be Tamed
Sekai de ichiban Tooi Koi
Sakaki-kun no Flight Plan
Silent Voice
Until I Meet My Husband
Under My Skin
>>
File: 2777.jpg (467 KB, 950x1341)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>2908969
Honestly, its much better than the opposite. Could be weirder, like pic related is grandson/grandpa
>>
>>2908962
>>2908966
So explain why Caste Heaven is so low? Besides Tashio era and yakuza/mafia it checks all your kink boxes?
>>
>>2908641
me as the turtle desu
>>
>>2908939
#1 Sexiest Man movie this week
>>
>>2909004
actually i havent seen them, i will add these to my list
>>
>>2909015
>>2909004
also what are those other recommendations
>>
File: hyhoawy.png (1.44 MB, 1600x1000)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Remember when DMMD got an anime?
>>
File: my-image.png (2.54 MB, 916x1825)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
hmm.. probably shouldn't have gotten rid of one of the categories but whatever.

>>2908962
>I don't like romanticized rape much, but if they use rape to mentally manipulate someone, I like it.
Same. That's why Color Recipe is amazing and Caste Heaven sucks (I have a soft spot for the art though so I can't burn it)
>>
File: Casteboy.jpg (62 KB, 576x345)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2909004
>I didn't like caste because the plot felt like it was written by a 4chan troll shitposter from /a/.
>The characters were boring, bad and annoying.
>The main couple, had no personality or character development, even tho the manga is about 40 chapters, how.
>A rapist seme, and a supposed badass tsundere uke, who hates seme with a burning passion, but stops fighting back after 1 second, and allows himself to get assraped. He then swears revenge. Every fucking time. That happens in all 8 volumes.
>Yes, all fucking 8 volumes are about seme raping uke, uke getting angry or sad and planning his revenge. No matter what seme does to him, every damn time he will be bitching but still take his dick.
>Ogawa also threw in some other couples and rapist NPC's, to justify the 8 volumes, which were more or less the same.
>The only interesting character, and couple that had potential to make this shit less shit, disappeared right after appearing. He was the most interesting character in that shitty manga.
Even Japanese fujos started shitting at Ogawas twitter, demanding his comeback. She said she will do a spin off for him.
>The manga also has also an app since 2018 how.
>Ogawa has written some fucked oneshots, which had much better plot.
Overall I found it shit. Read it till the end, to see if manlet spin off boy will get dicked and seethe again, if bestboy would make guest appearance. But mostly I was curious how this would end. I didn't expect the ending to make it more or less shit, but in some of her previous works she did pull some nice stuff.
It was worse than I expected. Romantic rapist ending. Fuck you Ogawa.
>>
>>2908994
Thank you so much anon for your time and writing them down. I will check them all out!

>>2909036
What makes ogawas manga attractive is indeed her art. I love Harada works because she either passes the rape as a joke, zenko, or her characters get the ending they deserve, color recipe and niichan endings.
I loved how both ukes turned the tables on semes, and none of the them were actually happy in the end. They will wallow in misery for the rest of their remaining, probably short lived, lives.
>>
>>2909033
god i love QUALITY. i'm gonna watch this later
>>
>>2908706
>https://tiermaker.com/create/boys-love-manga-579020
which cover is the fish dick manga
>>
>>2908969
Did I post this [spoiler]picrel is one of my all time fav one shots[/spoiler]
>>
File: FA1oYfHUUAc25TM.jpg (269 KB, 828x1166)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>2909053
This one, last on the list
>>
any manhwa recs?
Im reading Sign and its pretty cute
>>
>>2908971
not him but it just works
>>
>>2908946
>We're over 70 posts in and so far only 2 anons have actually stuck to the thread topic
To be fair, the topic requires more work this time. But yeah, I too want to see more goddamn tierlists and plan to contribute mine later today
>>
>>2909114
Here's some of my personal recommendations:
>Ennead
>BJ Alex
>Mr. 100% Perfect
>Checkmate
>King's Maker
>>
>>2909010
Who?
>>
>>2909135
Picrel
>>
I am once again asking for dark bl. No falling in love post rape, no good ending please and thank you
>>
https://twitter.com/meatbunroubao
2ha's writer has a twitter
>>
File: 1564195633663.png (2.74 MB, 1488x2104)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>2908996
Guilty gear is cheating sense a 6-year gave birth to that kid.
>>
>>2908969
This Akabeko one shot is so good, lovely through and through.
>>
>>2908382
>TIERLIST THREAD! Post your BL Manga Tierlist

https://i.imgur.com/Z4tsHKo.jpeg
>>
>>2909161
Those translators-attention whores better not link her their retarded hysterical fights
>>
https://myreadingmanga.info/yukue-moegi-nirameba-koi-vol-03-eng/

Oh this one got a sequel
>>
>>2909114
4 Week Lovers is cute, nice art too
>>
File: gaybros.jpg (231 KB, 600x853)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
The first tanko for Sousei Yuugi just dropped.
>>
>>2909128
>>2909212
thanks senpai
>>
>>2909160
Anon have you read "the third perspective"? Maybe you will like it, although I'm not sure if it's dark enough for you. The ending is a bit abrupt but I don't think anyone is happy at that point and certainly no one is falling in love.
>>
>>2909160
Inga no Sakana
>>
>>2909234
Based as fuck, gonna buy it
We haven't had any summaries since chapter 15 though. Is summary anon still around?
>>
>>2909315
This one was weirdly tender though
>>
File: 90195.jpg (46 KB, 225x315)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but have any anons here read Shingakko Noli me tangere manga?
I first read it years ago back on manga**, as I was looking for a dark themed bl with actual plot.
The story is set on a catholic school and mc has his whole family killed and now he tries to find who did it. There is a satanic cult in his school and he joins to uncover the truth.
It's very good and creepy, anons who love horror will like it.
If you play bl vns I'd recommend to play the game instead, as you can choose more love interests, including the twin brother. Mc can choose if he wants to bottom or top. I am a vnfag so I did regret not playing the game first as I spoiled myself a lot.
But if you don't plan to/don't like vns, highly recommend reading this (and you can fap to the cg afterwards).
>>
Perfect, My Influencer Boyfriend Japanese release October 8th. The censorship will be painful though.
>>
>>2909343
May want to ask BLOG. Not many people play videogames here
>>
Her shitty attention whoring personality aside. What do you think of the new mdzs translation?
https://twitter.com/yummysuika/status/1445113601312894984
>>
>>2909402
Translation is fine, formatting could be better.
Personally I'd prefer if the borrowed words (specifically the titles) are italicised instead of being hyphenated.
The tilde is awful but since this isn't highbrow literature I'll give it a pass.
>>
Probably a controversial question, but has this general ever attempted to make a Discord server? I really want to chat about BL, but in the 10 or so servers I’ve tried, they’re either full of people who harp on about how problematic yaoi is or are just porn dumps where no one talks. Sorry if this is off-topic.
>>
>>2909406
discord is always a bad idea anon...
>>
>>2909406
No, don't try this shit here either
>>
>>2909406
I dont want my discord tag associated with a /y/ group
>>
>>2909406
I think someone tried once and everyone who joined just lurked and it died
>>
File: 1631856094402.jpg (541 KB, 1000x1391)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
Is there any original frottage manga as good as UNKY's voltron djs? I don't know Voltron and that one guy's nose is ugly but the lust and frottage make me diamonds
>>
If someone dumps a translation of this, I'll typeset it. It's a kachi comi oneshot with frottage, a smaller more dominant character, both yankees, and sexy muscles
>>
>>2909414
Cover pic
>>
File: MIB_Covers_re.jpg (2.09 MB, 1450x1377)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>2909361
The Japanese cover looks so much worse than the others, it's now just like every generic renta title. Really exposes just how much the look and feel of a work is determined by the editors.
>>
>>2909423
What are the other covers in your pic, they're all Chinese except for that Jap tanko? But I agree, some Jap publishers have really boring design schemes for nearly all their titles.
>>
>>2909471
Oh dear, it's actually Libre BexBoy. No idea why they went for this design, they usually have nicer covers than this.
>>
westerners on twitter bitching about the official mdzs books keeping in chinese honorifics and saying it “alienates readers” this is why danmei should have stayed niche
>>
>>2909486
The other side is being just as retarded, claiming that not leaving honorifics is a colonialist midset, showing disrespect to fantranslators and hatecrime towards the Chinese diaspora. I agree with leaving the honorifics, but the whole discussion around it is absurdly blown out of proportion and full of bullshit.
>>
>>2909486
>>2909487
I miss the days when fandom wasn’t so political. Yeah early 00s weebs we’re cringe but we all knew we were only in it for the coom and fanboy/girling, not trying to convince people we care about The Issues
>>
>>2909489
hopefully mxtx books will be the first and last danmei books to get an official english license. if there’s already drama about chinese honorifics I’d hate to see how people react to the content
>>
>>2909491
Monkey’s paw: does that include her future works too?
>>
>>2909491
anglophone fans to CCP censors really be like “u and I are not so different after all”
>>
>>2909493
I still remember people praising the censroship for MDZS drama because 'it made the series more pure and creative in conveying gay love'
>>
>>2909486
It's just two people, one of which is responsible for higurashi subs. No need to go full retard like twitter does and give them attention while blowing this out of proportion
>>
>>2909494
Those who did it either hated actual gays, shipped themselves with the characters and were actual CCP shills. No one sane does it
>>
>>2909492
Will she have future works if the censors outright name her as the example of the things they're against? She is more popular than Priest and the latter got ordered to rewrite 3 of her novels because their adaptations were popular
>>
>>2909498
Can we gofundme them Moldovan citizenship so they can leave
>>
>>2909496
That were mostly neo-puritan teens, but yeah, they don't count as sane.
>>
>>2909500
>neo-puritan teens
The internet should have a "you must be 21 to ride this ride" enforcement.
>>
File: 1611852120140.jpg (167 KB, 1500x1800)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>2909495
>one of which is responsible for higurashi subs
BIG BRUDDAS
>>
>>2909499
The thing is that the authors moving and using their name abroad will make the government even more pissed off. There's a reason why shitcent and others don't just sell their complete BL adaptations to Netflix or other platforms.
>>
What are the best BL bait titles where the plot is decent and the male characters are implied to have ended up together? I would gladly read actual japanese BL with plot but there's not a lot of it, I also don't want to deal with schizo cn translators and beg anyone for access.
>>
>>2909495
Lol Katrina? I just checked she went private, do you have any examples?
>>
>>2909595
She is locked so I can't link the thread itself https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/11/28/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-gous-big-brudder-english-translation-criticized/
Not sure why twitter is acting like a mob took a shit on suika and punched her while destroying Chinese legacy, when it was Katrina pulling a brudder again
>>
>>2909596
Oh I know about the big brudder controversy. I was talking about the recent controversy.
>>
>>2909614
I don't think she said anything deserving the amount of the backlash she got. Sure the brudder accident and amerifat localization in general is loathsome. It also applies to the BL games. Just look at how idiotic Makoto started to sound in Sweet Pool localization because the translator makes everyone sound like her idea of amerifat teenagers, who don't actually talk like that.

Her post was something about pinyin in official translation not looking very professional or inclusive to the new readers? Suika and others made it look like she was attacking her and telling her to change the setting to America because china sucks.
>>
>>2909615
*Sweet pool was translated by another person with similar views
>>
File: 004 (2).jpg (319 KB, 950x1350)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>2909188
Holy shit, YES! Can't believe I missed this, thanks anon. Shinobeba Koi is one of the few BL I actually reread every now and then. I liked Nirameba Koi too, time to do a full reread and then enjoy the new volume.
>>
>>2909615
This sort of cunt needs the backlash to get it into their thick skulls. Having two one right after another is good and will make her think twice about trying to be funny with her future translations. All those retarded localizers making up nonsense deserve the same thing.
>>
>>2909594
Why do you want bait where there is so much actual homo to read? This is a BL thread, not a homothread on /a/.
>>
File: 32315_14927151.jpg (129 KB, 720x1024)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2909621
>>2909615
>>2909595
I don't know any of these people but this sounds like pointless stupid drama. Wanna talk about bad fucking translators? Look at pic related. Fuck this shit so hard, they've made a manga that started off well completely unreadable and even unfappable. And now that they've done it, no one else is likely to scanlate it. I would actually prefer edited mtl with a few weird translations and decent typesetting to this. This shit should be a crime.
>>
>>2909633
Compare chapter 1
>>
Serie with big guy reverse? Long hair? I read Suyohara That Guy and I need more
>>
>>2909631
Well recommend me homo with plot that's not on the pasterbin.
Neo /a/ also hates homos and you're shitposting if you don't think the posters from homothreads haven't been here from the start.
>>
>>2909661
What kind of plot are you looking for? Have you already read Barbarities by Suzuki Tsuta, Vassalord, Ennead, Ten Dance? At least some of those are in the pastebin but if you haven't read them, why not?
>>
>>2909633
What did they do to my baby Yuitsu..
>>
>>2909633
That's so sad.. I thought this was supposed to be the harudaki tl but I see someones uploaded insta-tier garbage to mango.

Last update from the ch1 scan group
>21/11/2020
>Working on typesetting chapter 2
>chapter 3 fully cleaned and translated
They probably won't drop it unless it's licensed but unfortunately they haven't had the time to work on it.
>>
File: U10.png (1.16 MB, 729x892)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Cute. Was that a Horus eye color reveal?
>>
If anyone wants to translate Utsukushii Kare, I've the raws
>>
File: 1433750450260.gif (1.44 MB, 245x245)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>>2909594
You mean stuff like Tales of Zestiria?
>>
File: _x_001.jpg (123 KB, 793x1120)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2909701
Men tickling each other is honestly the most gayest thing they can do together.
Not sucking dick or having anal sex, just tickling.
>>
>>2909701
>we will never have a kino game romance like this again
Producers should fuck their VA waifus more often
>>
>>2909665
I've read them and likely everything translated including the old titles and VNs, that's why I'm moving onto BL bait/canon side bl coupes with plot.
10 dance keeps getting less homo with each volume so beware of a heterosexual ending by the way
>>
>>2909706
Zestiria was the worst Tales of in recent memory.

Thought it was also the last gay tales, Baba seemed to be the one who pandered to women.
>>
File: 810ysu-7-tL.jpg (470 KB, 1440x2048)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>2909708
It's not translated yet but Yabun ni Kyuuketsu Shitsureishimasu is pretty good so far. It's about a kindly salaryman that gets turned into a vampire and his sadistic kouhai that decides to feed him. Cmoa sells it as BL even though it runs in a seinen-ish magazine.
>>
File: download.jpg (92 KB, 682x682)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2909708
>>2909711
There's also horror-mystery Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu, untranslated but available to read for free: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000183/
>>
>>2909710
He pandered to his VA waifu that's why she didn't get paired with either of the guys, and the real main heroine got sidelined
>>
>>2909713
Xillia 2 also had some solid pandering
>>
https://mangadex.org/chapter/8ba01799-f16e-4f21-9732-25195cadf8fb

This is getting translated again
>>
File: 1.gif (886 KB, 500x280)
886 KB
886 KB GIF
>>2909714
Forgot pic
>>
Anons did that bl Vietnamese WordPress site die? Or moved on another platform?
I was reading Happy Kuso Life there
>>
File: 1591596542478.png (811 KB, 797x806)
811 KB
811 KB PNG
>>2909714
>Literally an ending where you kill all your friends and doom the world to be with your big brother forever
Yeah, that was pretty gay.
>>
>>2909683
It was BonJin and she dropped it.
If someone can get me good quality raws (or the ones on mrm are OK), I may try to do it myself. I can't redraw dicks, but anything would be better than the current garbage-tier scan.
>>
>>2909734
Here, have them in a zip: https://gofile.io/d/tdgn0Z
As if everything else wasn't bad enough the trashy scans are a threeway from Korean.
>>
>>2909740
Not that anon, but thank you kind anon. Hope the other anon gets it too and save us from the instatier manga** translations. It's too good.
>>
File: ughwtf.jpg (722 KB, 1512x1080)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>2909715
Thanks anon but it's hard to care when her character art degraded so hard.
>>
File: notgreateither.jpg (932 KB, 1512x1080)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
>>2909744
By the way if we want to talk about someone else who's character art got simplified/chibified.
>>
File: stillexpressivetho.jpg (891 KB, 1512x1080)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
>>2909745
At least these characters still have expressive faces but they look like caricatures of themselves. I miss Tsugumi's slightly weasely but boyish face from the early chapters.
>>
>>2909740
Based as fuck anon
>>
>>2909683
Insta-tier garbage with a "pls no swipe my series teehee" page, at that. The fucking hubris
>>
File: EwKt2aPVEAgRVXP.jpg_large.jpg (275 KB, 1080x1536)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>2908385
Just realized there's no Yuitsu in the pastebin! Please add The Beast That Yearns to be Tamed, the first volume is some of the hottest BL I've ever read. Yuitsu does the best horny faces and the sex scenes are varied well.
>tags: rent-a-brother, wholesome, bad boy
>>
I'm only one chapter in so far but this one has been very impressive
>released in 2000
>respected bancho of a bosozoku gang is also secretly a baby drag queen
>unaffiliated delinquent boy who tried to fight him before finds out
>dude agrees to keep the drag a secret as long as he's allowed to hang out at the gay bar
Chapter 1 so far has gloriously 90's hair, legit bosozoku outfits and biking scenes, a proper punch-up, concerns around homophobia, and a really enjoyable confession. This is gearing up to be a good one. No trace of rape or 90's OTT edgy melodrama yet either which is surprising for the genre. I'll post again if it stays good.
>>
>>2909766
Proof of bosozoku
>>
>>2909766
I'm done, and it stayed good! I do think Sawamura the Boyfriend could have used a little more personality and it needed one more chapter to fully conclude the story. Or maybe the random money plot needed to play out before the main guy's final ride or something, I dunno. As it is, I'm not sure it belongs in the paste but it was very enjoyable the whole way through. I'm going to rec it anyway and hope someone else seconds or disagrees. >>2908385 If it wasn't for the art style, I'd find it hard to believe this manga is 21 years old.
>>
>>2909324
16 In the aftermath of their fight, both Rin and Rui are too out of it to care about what happens to Shiota so they let him off. He calls his journalist friend to make sure she’s alright (she is) and tells her that currently the whole Hotei gang is like a complicated kaleidoscope with Rin and Rui at its center and that he cannot simply take one of them out of the equation. He remembers when he promised his friend that he’d become a yakuza with ethics because that’s her type, and goes to Koshou to say he’s going to change himself and start over. He begins with dying his hair.
17 He goes to Rin’s gang, Tsumugi and says that he’s drawn to both Tsumugi and Rui’s Kaika, but he wants to join Tsumugi and experience their strong sense of ethics first-hand. Rin coms into the room, bring a new character with him – Kyouya, who just got out of prison. Kyouya turns out to be cool and well-liked among the gang. At first, he supports Shiota in his plea to join Tsumugi, but then Rin says that Shiota must have guts to admit he’s drawn to Kaika as well and that there must be a reason that Koshou trusts him, and Kyouya, hearing Rin say vaguely-nice things about someone else, immediately turns out to be fiercely jealous. He jumps to Shiota with threats, while the rest of the gang sigh that it’s a regular occurrence and that a man’s jealousy runs deep.
>>
>>2909772
18 Shiota will now be living in Tsumugi headquarters and as Kyouya has no apartment they’ll be pretty much sharing a room. He asks why Kyouya went to prison, and Kyouya starts with telling him he should call him ‘uncle’ since he’s sworn brother of Rin (‘father’ of his gang). Then he explains that Bishamon gang, Hotei gang’s main rival, is actually comprised of ex-Hotei members unsatisfied that only current boss Kaneko’s sons (Rin and Rui) are considered to become the next boss in line. What’s more, one of the other potential candidates suddenly disappeared, making it seem like Kaneko got rid of him. The newly formed Bishamon gang swore revenge and tried to attack Rin, who was in high school at the time. Kyouya, back then Rin’s driver/bodyguard fought off the attackers all by himself so Rin doesn’t get charged with anything. For that fight he got sentenced to 3 years in prison. Shiota is moved by his loyalty. Kyouya shows the letters he exchanged with Rin, but then Shiota mentions that he also got a letter from him once with order to meet at the sauna, and Kyouya instantly gets jealous again.
>>
>>2909773
19 Tsumugi gang goes to a hostess club to celebrate Kyouya’s return. Shiota sees how hostesses react to other members and tries to be cool, gets snide comments about his dyed hair instead. Rin talks with the owner(?) of the club who mentions some other businesses are allowing Bishamon gang in and paying them off. Rin gives a cool speech how yakuza is not just a regular band of criminals etc. Meanwhile Kyouya drags Shiota off to the side and tells him not to speak to Rin (because, you guessed it, he’s jealous). By chance they overhear someone talking shit about Tsumugi, and it turns out to be members of Bishamon. Kyouya beats them up, but then a flashy young guy appears and it turns out he’s the current Bishamon leader, son of that higher-up that disappeared and spurred the whole conflict. He goes over to Rin and gives a whole spiel how gang is like a game to him and he’s going to level up and win with Tsumugi in another stage, while Rin calmly looks at him in silence. It turns out Rin actually slept with his eyes open and didn’t hear any of it.
20 The Bishamon gang leader is playing bowling with some guy’s head, when his effeminate-looking friend starts complaining how they got banned from an online game they’ve been trolling. He goes to the developers’ headquarters and it turns out it’s Rui’s Kaika gang member Rokutan that designed the game. The effeminate bishamon guy starts streaming the meeting online, yapping about the ban and the game’s characters being boring rip-offs etc. for which he gets promptly stabbed in the head with a tablet pen. Rui comes out of the shower and happens upon the commotion. Tbc.
I only started saving the summaries at ch10 so if someone finds 1-9 I'll add them to the paste next time. https://controlc.com/7313d93f
>>
File: FAoMSx1VcAIq3Pg.jpg (371 KB, 1559x2047)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
So some Thai artist ripped off Sakura Sawa apparently
>>
File: FBE3jlJVEAAjWAn.png (67 KB, 588x805)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Dousei Yankee was nominated for Best BL in a Spanish-language manga competition along with Boy Meets Maria and Given.
The 3rd volume releases in a few days and the publisher has posted the cover and a preview or two. Pic related
>>
>>2909744
Yeah it's depressing, Luis looks like shit instead of a well defined older man.
>>
File: 1433673490977.jpg (115 KB, 1280x550)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2909701
>>2909706
>>2909717
>>2909729
Zestri was the climax of a series that started to pander to women more and more. Shitty game but you could really tell what they were doing.
Sadly Tales of had been straight ever since. I don't think we'll see anything like that again
>>
>>2909720
Hello anon, try this one. Just click on the "Harada" tab and you'll see Happy Kuso Life:
https://teamnhagau2016.wordpress.com/
I assumed the one you were talking about has a similar name. If that's the case, it probably got shutdown by copyright or the group itself closed it down.
>>
>reading Moriarty and enjoying the homobait
>one of them starts being attracted to the female character for literally no reason
I should've listened to /y/ou
>>
>>2909894
I always thought it looked ugly as sin.
>>
>>2909744

yes I said that in a thread last year
>>
>>2909744
Wait what the fuck? How?
>>
>>2909887
Thank you so much anon!
Yeah it was that one, glad they re-upload
>>
>>2909902
What do you want, a medal? We've all been complaining about it for ages now
>>
>>2909903
Anons have said she started working on a shounen and stopped putting effort into her BL. I doubt that's the only reason but it's hard to believe this is the same artist who drew Midnight Rain.
>>
>>2908865
Means you have good fucking taste, anon
>>
>>2909918
Give me my medal
>>
Why does all Seraph porn have Mika topping.
>>
File: ButtholeOfTheWeek.jpg (1.2 MB, 1660x2297)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>2909990
Okay then, here you go anon
>>
>>2908382

Is yaoi the most racist genre? Yaoi made me misogynist. I doubt blacks and south asians are welcome in a genre where only pale Barbie looking guys are attractive.
>>
>>2910010
I know you're baiting but we've had a nice rec list of BL with dark-skinned guys a couple threads ago.
>>
You're not welcome here because you're retarded. It's not even a good bait
>>
>>2910001
I think it's because the yandere always tops in all relationships. Never seen a power bottom yandere, though I'm willing to be proven wrong.
>>
>>2910018
Those are common as fuck, although I saw most of them in shitty doujins
>>
File: chart2021.jpg (1.33 MB, 1064x2861)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>2908382
Here's my chart for this year, I hope we continue this custom because I realized I shifted some of the titles since the previous edition.
>>
>>2910023
Yea I moved a few things up which surprised me. Like I developed an appreciation for Yarichin Bitch Club that I didn't have when I first read it two years ago.
>>
>>2910026
I think I have some unresolved hipster issues because I still don't really like Yarichin or most of the popular titles, but I also had a couple manga I grew to like more in hindsight.
>>
File: 1633751200442.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>2909744
it makes me so sad
i want handsome men not twinks
>>
Can someone explain who those weird people I see sometimes in the Pixiv tags for less popular series are, who seem to draw gay art of older fat guys from those series while there's barely any other porn?
They'll draw fat dads from old anime and I don't understand this weird but sizable niche.
It's not just one or two users, it's like 10 of them, with varying art styles but similar tastes.
>>
>>2909919
That still looks like a Stony mob AU to me.
>>
>>2910094
Because they like that weird shit, anon.
>>
>reading a danmei novel summary
>101/150 chapters in the mc still considers himself straight, the love interest is still a child
>they both get married to women
>they get together in the last chapters
Do people actually enjoy stuff like this? The bl where both are either "straight" or married to women for more than 90% of the story?
>>
>>2910133
Generally no, but if the chemistry is super good and you can feel them crave each other the whole time it can be teasingly good. Plus in very conservative countries I think even fujo are sometime too attached to het=only moral way, so they go on very long and roundabout trips to convince everyone including themslefves that it's okay for two guys to be together.
>>
>>2910133
No. It's why I don't read that shit.
>>
>>2910018
I never got yandere top vibes from him. I'm not even anal about top/bottom, but I prefer him to get the dick he so desperately wants.
>>
>>2910133
Getting together in the last chapter is acceptable to me in some context, but otherwise it sounds like shit
>>
>>2910136
Things like that remind me of 00's BL. But thankfully mainstream BL is now embracing the gay/bisexual lead concept. Even nitro+ who is considered the most popular BL studio has now gay sluts as leads
>>
File: E1fN8i8VEAITJOA.jpg (2.19 MB, 1500x1500)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>2910133
Sounds like a shit danmei, anon. Look for other recs?
>>
>>2910094
My only assumption is that they like the fat/ugly/bald archetype that appears in hentai a lot.
>>
>>2910173
It's by thousand autumns author who happens to be among the authors who get recommended the most.
All of her works read like a straight anime harem except the gay dude wins
>>
File: 1633795408805.png (14 KB, 1024x768)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Where can i safely pirate(no viruses and stuff) all the themed visual novels/games?
For example i want to try a Togainu no Chi, but bying is not an option, is there another way?

Capcha fucked up and i created a separated thread, and the only answer ive got is reeeeeeeee
>>
>>2910193
Igg games, aarin, russian torrents (the name of the game + "cкaчaть" in google). Not sure about the viruses but my toaster still works fine
>>
>>2910193
If you've got a decent adblock, scan for malware once in a while, and aren't completely retarded there's little to no chance you'll catch anything, just google around and try torrents.
>>
>>2910191
I have read Thousand Autumns and really liked it, but from I have heard of her other works she does have that flaw of non existent romance development until the extras and focusing so much on the political court drama to the point it feels sluggish sometimes.
Old Danmei works suffer of that very same 00s BL trope and many more so I would recommend approaching any pre 2015 novel with caution.
>>
>>2910197
Some of her works do have earlier and very satisfying romantic developments but you should be prepared for at least 50 chapters of the main character being surrounded by beautiful and competent women who want to fuck the mc to the point you sometimes forget it's a BL novel.
>pre 2015 novel with caution
Shame a lot of fun stuff was released before 2015. The censorship went to shit that year.
>>
>>2910200
Interesting, I will keep it in mind for when I finally get around reading Chenghua. It didn't feel that much with TA since there's only one relevant woman that sticks around lusting after the MC.
>The censorship went to shit that year
It is truly a pity, I have heard that many interesting novels were completely purged around that time, never to be seen again. Also early 2010's was when Priest still wrote explicit scenes in her works (according to some rumors) so there's definitely a treasure trove of works produced during those times when things were more lax and you didn't have the government breathing down your neck at any moment for daring to experiment a bit.
>>
https://myreadingmanga.info/nonfood-deisui-shite-osotta-eng/

Thoght son this?
>>
>>2910200
I think the author's cornering the closet/baby biscuit market.
>>
>>2910222
*bislut
>>
>>2910223
Damn and here I thought it's some cute new slang
>>
>>2910220
Not as good as the adorable fish autist but I have hope
>>
File: FASmGemUUAIaByS.jpg (269 KB, 1250x933)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>2910191
>>2910197
Huh that's really good to know about the author, TA and Chenghua are both on my to-read list. I like to think I'm quite tolerable of slow romance development, but she can miss me with the "straight anime harem" bullshit.
>>
>>2910316
To be fair it can just be my problem. I can't stand the "straight uke" trope especially if it lasts for more than 50+ chapters. Her women are also very attractive in every sense of the word but they are not what I'm looking for in BL stories.
>Wushuang
Some enemies to lovers (rivals to lovers) sexual tension, extremely tsundere main character and both of them unsuccessfully get pursued by women; the male lead is the one who initiates every opportunity for them to flirt and the one who falls in love first. The confession happens in the last chapter, but the male lead doesn't get his reply until the extras. The main character remains very tsundere.
>Thousand autumns
Even though the main character realizes his feelings in the extras, he obviously falls in love in the main story. Constant sexual tension, the male lead sexually harasses the main character throughout the story for shits and giggles, until plot happens and he realizes his feelings, then he continues to sexually harass him as a way to pursue him and of course for shits and giggles. The main character is the one to confess in the extras, they fuck and spend the rest of their lives together. Everyone in the story wants to bang the main character, it includes both women and men.
>Beidou
I'm currently on chapter 50, the main character has a female ex (dead), flirts and goes after women, and he is very flirty and easy going in general. There's at least three female characters who expressed their interest in him. Be it in a romantic sense or using him in their plans. Everyone often brings up getting married to women in the future. But as far as I know it stops when they confess and get together in the main story (chapter 80 or something). So far the romantic hints are coming only from the male lead.
>Chenghua
I only know that it's another exception to the rule and they get together in the main story.
I do recommend you to check out the novels you were planning to read with an addition of Beidou.
>>
>>2908465
For some reason I love it. The scene transitions are weird and the dark haired MC is kind of ugly, but the exorcism orgasms are really entertaining.
>>
File: 44597849_p10.jpg (109 KB, 500x594)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2910323
>Beidou
Thanks for the rec anon.
Though I must say I don't know how I'd deal with the MC actively flirting and pursuing women. I've been spoiled rotten by Priest's openly gay/bi leads.
>>
File: damn.jpg (422 KB, 1127x1600)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>2909794
Oh I looked it up, they traced a couple different artists. I was wondering if it was a another situation like the Kofude spat.
>>
Anyone got recs for something like Ennead or As the Gods Will (2)? I just want a good fantasy story where the BL aspects are not the whole point of it, but are still present. Ideally something that won't give me crippling depression but beggers can't be choosers.
>>
File: King maker.jpg (280 KB, 828x828)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>2910451
I would suggest King's maker. It is definitely diminishing return when the time skip happened and the characters got wrapped up in cliche relationship drama. But the story when they are kids and trying to take down the main character's abusive king father is some good fantasy stuff. Just get ready for disappointment when you read into season 2.
>>
>>2909779
>>2909773
>>2909772
Anon, you are the MVP. Thank you!
>>
>>2910451
i tried looking up as the gods will BL but i can’t find it, all that shows up in the results are some movies. unless that’s what you were talking about
>>
>>2910560
I'm assuming the anon is talking about a survival game manga where one of the main characters goes full homura for another main male character. He also got the closest to winning the mc bowl, it included kissing. However it wasn't BL
>>2910451
Kowloon Generic romance side characters are a canon gay couple that is treated like your average heterosexual couple who kisses and goes on dates. The romance is important but the manga is more about figuring out the mystery behind the town and the main characters' identity.
>>
File: kidon.png (3.09 MB, 1166x4939)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
>muscular bottom kissing duke into doing what he says
Plaything for pastebin, you're more than just korean berserk to me now
>>
>>2910606
its good, but Im kinda glad its going on pause for a bit so I can spend my free shit elsewhere
>>
File: 1589888788081.png (3.32 MB, 1440x1080)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
shot in the dark i'm trying to track down a manga i read 2-3+ years on myreadingmanga. from what i remember it was about an heir to a shoe designer empire and the uke( long blond hair) that was a powerbottom that whores around and at one point busted a nut on the semes (short black hair) face while he's getting fucked but another dude. anyone happen to know what i'm talking about?
>>
>>2910606
Ah yes, Korean Beserk
>>
>>2910643
Could it be Red Theater by Ogawa Chise? I don't remember the nut part but it sure does check with the rest of the things you said
>>
https://realsound.jp/book/2021/10/post-878317.html/

A little article about zombl manga
>>
>>2910659
I misremembered the sex scene but this is 100% the manga, thankyou anon
>>
File: CH11_14.png (218 KB, 844x1200)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Thoughts of ITW and GP?
>>
>>2911027
never heard of it but damn that art is nice
>>
File: FBZd5D0VUAIRiIC.jpg (1.19 MB, 2048x1378)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
Big week for Okujima. The main characters of 2gether finally made out, and his new vampire series started.
>>
File: 1518423569594.jpg (72 KB, 691x960)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2911034
Yeah you can't find the scans anywhere which killed their popularity.
>>
>>2911078
>>2911034
The authors are extremely anal about scans and piracy to the point they scour internet themselves to file dmca, that's why it's so hard to find.
>>
>>2911079
thats too bad, do they even have an option for english readers?
>>
>>2911080
They used to have english or english&chinese versions for sale for absolutely ridiculous prices (like full print volume price per regular chapter in ebook format).
>>
>>2911081
yikes, well I understand how they feel about wanting to get paid for your hard work but you also not need to completely fuck your audience
>>
>>2911079
Yeah, I was there. They used to check /y/ even.
>>
File: 1589949138445.jpg (113 KB, 573x853)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Yo where the fuck is the Canis update ffs
>>
>>2911082
The funniest part is that Japanese tankos have normal pricing and one tanko costs the same as one chapter of the English version. They just really hate their western readers.
>>
>>2908813
This image is amazing
>>
File: 1583277282768.jpg (34 KB, 322x322)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2910606
>orgasm control
>permanent body hair removal
>nipple teasing
>massive muscle tits
I feel like the duke is literally me.
>>
>>2911085
up to them if they flourish of flounder, if you're going to act dumb then they shouldn't be surprised at the result
>>
>>2910606
the brother-sister incest aspect is still strange to me
>>
>>2911027
>>2911078
do they at least have a twitter or something?
>>
Is anyone watching Kieta hatsukoi? How is it?
The cast for Utsukushii Kare got announced as well, it's set to air in November.
>>
File: CWG09Z3VAAAxl8Z.jpg (85 KB, 578x802)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>2911112
Yeah, sometimes they put out stuff. /y/ originally made a LJ to post all their stuff in secret, it still active last time I checked.
>>
File: 51243614_p0.jpg (911 KB, 1206x1342)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
>>2910606
>>2910638
>>2910644
>>2911093
Anons am I retarded? What is the name of this, can't find shit.
>>
File: 42722196_p1.png (226 KB, 450x600)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>2911199
Ah it's Plaything. Turns out I am indeed retarded.
>>
>>2911078
I was expecting to like it a lot more because anons speak so positively about it. It's good but it wasn't worth how hard it was to track it down. If you're gonna make me work so hard for something the payoff should be better. I'd buy a paperback copy of it for a normal price. I'd read it if it showed up on one of the usual sites. But no way in hell is it worth the twelve dollars per chapter that it's sold for and it's absolutely not worth the time spent trying to track down a pirated copy.
>>
File: Bad Company 107.jpg (1.22 MB, 1240x1757)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>2911247
Yeah don't buy it. It's pretty good for fap purpose, though.
>>
File: 1605684323113.jpg (154 KB, 1100x879)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>2911202
I love Tiger!
>>
>>2909499
Moldova ended their citizenship by investment program in 2019

also MXTX might already be in jail
>>
File: 38126352_p31.jpg (92 KB, 420x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2911293
I hope I'll still be alive for season 2 next year.
>>
>>2911085
>>2911247
You don't need to buy the chapters separately? They sell compiled tankos too, for the price of a regular paperback volume in English. They're great quality.
>>
>>2911296
Wouldn't her works be taken down if that were true? China usually erases any works connected to criminals regardless of the said works' popularity.
People claim some of the staff who worked on adaptation of her novels: translators, artists, jp audio drama staff said they consulted her on some of the things related to the novels, so unless they lied she is still free. Although being an influential [insert any profession] in the country that tends to ban anything that becomes too popular is fucking scary, especially if you're specifically named as the one whose works affect people negatively during the censorship guidelines briefings.
She is also very hated in the fandom spaces even by the people working on her own adaptations. The reasons vary from her "plagiarizing" wuxia novels by having a powerful character who wears an eye patch, using a butterfly motive to her being too popular. The crazy fuckers keep trying to dox her all the time and even get "MXTX is in prison" tag trending once per season. They also attempted to pull the same shit with Priest when she was ordered to rewrite three of her novels for no fucking reason.
>>
>>2911247
Their website has English volumes and art books in stock. The PDFs for the first two volumes get shared on here once in a while, so I think the inaccessibility is exaggerated
>>
>>2911298
>>2911314
Yea a couple months ago the books absolutely were not in stock and the chapters were the only way to buy it. I ended up getting the pdfs by begging for them here.
>>
ITW is shit. You can find the same plot in like most webtoons nowadays. The art is really good tho.
Didn't they put their works at lezhin even? But korean only kek. They hate English speakers so damn much.
>>
>>2911370
>go full schizo and monitor the whole internet to find pirated links 24/7
They brought this upon themselves
>>
>>2911370
>You can find the same plot in like most webtoons nowadays.
Example? Also, no it's not shit...
>>
>>2911447
Yes it is.
>>
>>2911449
Still better than 98% of BL. Also, I'd like reasons...
>>
>>2911450
>better than 98% BL
Shouldn't you be busy catching more pirates instead of shitposting here? There's shitton of decent BL these days.
The plot is something you can see in one of the edgy Korean webtoons. It's not executed in the smartest way and it being cockblocked by the retarded release schedule doesn't help either.
>>
>>2911453
And yeah perhaps when it only started coming out it was one of the "unusual" BL titles in English. But now? Except for the art it's average in the best case
>>
>>2911432
I'm kinda tempted to put their shit on exhentai to see what happens.
>>
Speaking of ITW
https://twitter.com/guiltpleasure/status/1448159435994460169?s=20
>>
>>2911453
So I'm not actually gonna get a reason? Thought so. Look, I get you hate GP, but try and seperate yourbias from the actual work itself.
>>
>>2911464
Are you retarded? Read the post again
>>
>>2911466
I did, no reason or arguments were given. It's all just variations on "it's bad" or "other bl is better". Contrast that response with >>2909045 and you'll see what I mean. I suspect no specifics were given because that anon, like most of this board, has probably never read it.
>>
>>2911461
It would get removed like everything Fakku publishes
>>
>>2911113
Haven't read the manga so I can't compare but the actors for the main cast are not bad, it's pretty entertaining so far and doesn't make you cringe. I am waiting for the next episodes to see how is the chemistry between the leads since I felt episode 1 focused more on introducing the characters and the relationship between Aoki and Hashimoto (which I think the actress made a good job in portraying since she's not bland or annoying in anyway).
>>
File: FBkRglRVgAIH25x.jpg (1.14 MB, 1800x1800)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Shit cover, good line-up. Also, will Mantis Cage finally end already?
>>
>>2911516
The previous chapter ended with the butler being stuck in the burning mansion. So I'm pretty sure it's ending
>>
>>2911517
If you're talking about the scans, they're about one volume behind.
>>2911516
Not in this chapter and not in the next one. This will be the last chapter of Yokosu Inu though.
>>
>>2911516
Based Onblue anon when time comes please share last chapter of yokosu inu and tourou no ori (I don't think tourou is near the end btw) It sells well so probably 1 more volume? The spin off only has one chapter out too, so when it finishes the author might pick that up.
>>
>>2911519
Are you telling me that bitch doesn't die and there's one more volume?
>>
>>2911492
I thought ex was hidden from C&D?
>>
>>2911530
Spoiler: no and yes.
>>
>>2911447
You are right anon, I should have said overatted or bad instead, but you can't call it shit.
I started reading it when volume 1 was out, and a friend imports it as paperback in our shithole and borrows it to her poorfags friends (me included).
When I first read it back in 2014-2015 I don't remember, you could purchase it from your local bookstore even book depository in English. I know author is protective of her works and I respect it, also if I'm not wrong she used to work for the police irl. Butt by going full autismo and to such extreme lengths, not to mention overcharging her works, many that I know lost interest. But the real reason is, you can't buy her works easily and not everyone is willing to pay 20$ for one single chapter.
Back then you would sacrifice these 20$ because wow awesome plot, but now, no I will tell you many titles of Korean webtoon below with similar plot.

Now to the real issue the plot.
I was impressed at first, because in manga that kind of plot didn't exist back then, or was done half assed.
The author likes to have megane mc connected to all her stories or his exes which I find kinda boring, as I would like new characters and not the same plotline. Megane is like the town bicycle in most of her series getting raped and beaten pairing with a sadistic asshole.
ITW started good but nowadays it doesn't differ to the ones that are out.
>schizo serial killer that abducts mc, gets attached to him and daily tortures him and assrapes him
>goodboi in love with mc that wants to save him
>police getting involved, trying to find the serial killer
Unlike the webtoons out there, this one focuses on megane and goodboi relationship and past. The author mostly does that to prolong the series and get more 20 buckaroos.
But it's annoying because
>serial killer on the loose killing people
>next three chapters is megane and goodboi having sex in the past
>oh shit happens again
>sex time with megane or megane getting assraped flashbacks
>>
>>2911534
Authors uses brutal rape in her works as kinda of a fetish. I don't mind rape, but I like it in a more twisted way personally, not "fapping to it". Author is an abusefag who likes men in suits with nice bodys getting tortured and assraped to the point their asses bleed. This doesn't go that well together with that plot to be honest. It goes with the serial killer one, to show how brutal it was, but by repeating it all the time.. meh..
The plot was good back then but now, no you can find a lot of webtoons with similar plot. After killing stalking, most webtoons are about a schizo dungeon kun.
>killing stalking
>ventham
>interview with a murderer
>blind play
>criminal interview
And just by going to the serial killer and yaoi tag on manga** you can find tons of it. Most are bad, but like yeah the abusefag serial killer dungeon rapist seme exists. Nothing special.
Unlike the webtoons, so far he is not main character. If you read the authors other works you will see the exact same elements even characters. Megane, rape, meganes ex getting raped and tortured by police *yawn*
So it's not shit but definitely not worth 20$ a chapter. It's not special nowadays, I can spend less for something with lower quality art, and story has holes. It can be saved if abusefag author drops her rape kink for a bit and boyfriend sex flashbacks and on focuses on the story for once.
>>
>>2911541
>And just by going to the serial killer and yaoi tag on manga** you can find tons of it. Most are bad, but like yeah the abusefag serial killer dungeon rapist seme exists. Nothing special.
? ITW isn't about this.
>>
>>2911541

Warehouse was a pretty good edgy kidnapping korean one.

Pawn's Revenge has been fun so far.
>>
>>2911542
It's literally an edgy kidnapping BL with extra totally convoluted steps.
>>
>>2911542
Yes it is. Read it
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 1200x312)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>2911550
Did you read past chapter 1?
>>
>>2911534
What are you talking about? ITW is nothing like those apart from the serial killer premise ( and spoilers: the rapist and the serial killer aren't the same person). For starters, the authors were at least aware enough that no clinically trained psychologist was gonna act like a retarded uke and feel doki doki over getting repeatedly raped. In fact, unlike all those other titles the killer ISN'T even presented as a love interest, but an antagonist. These characters behave like adult men, not schoolgirls with rape fantasies, there's no rapist-to-lovers plot here.
Also, unlike those titles, ITW doesn't feauture the well-worn seme/uke dichotomy between the leads, they act mostly like real people instead of hollow archetypes and have actual chemistry.

I don't care about those other reasons listed since 1. I got all the chapters for free, and 2. I don't care about the side stories. They are mostly just porn doujins anyway and don't effect the main plot at all.
>>
Before this thread is kill, here is football meme results,

New Players:
Big Gay Lawyers
BL Discussion Thread

Dropped:
Gay Haram
Goblin Caved
>>
>>2911542
Yes anon it is. Different but same elements can be found.
Unlike most webtoons who focus on the relationship between the schizo and the victim aka mc, mc is someone who works with the police to catch that mother fucker and mc actually has a lover.
But most of the story is full of holes. The authors rape kink gets in the way and the "oh ok let's make mc and bf fuck just to sell sex". The plot alone is very interesting, but the author fucks it by adding these shit.
Instead of focusing on the plot and explain to us a little bit about the characters, see some character development, a little bit about their past individually, it's all about "uwaa a bad guy, suspected to be a serial killer, i willingly went after instead of going straight to the fucking police, drugged me tortured and raped me for days, fell in love with me, and left me to die me. I survived, but oh shit amnesia time, how can I remember, oh I know I will have my bf rape me and traumatize me more than I already am in order to remember that guy! It's not the first time I get abused anyways"
Meanwhile killer starts killing people, women even that look like mc and cries himself to sleep.
But wait nobody wants to see that shit and actual plot and how can we get extra money? Let's have a flashback of mc getting raped by killer or past sex scene with bf.
Yes this kind of plot can't be found 100% like that in a webtoon, but 85% of it can be found in titles i said above adding this anons >>2911544 and many more.
What makes itw different tho
>nice art and not a webtoon
>megane isn't together with the schizo but has a bf or fuckbuddy call it whatever.
>he is not as retarded as most webtoon ones
>>
Where is the boxer BL wanting anon?
>>
>>2911553
Where did you get ch.19? Also, please share...
>>
>>2911553
Yes, did you?
>>
>>2911579
of course he did, he has a picture of files.
>>
>>2911579
No, I collected all these files years ago in order to have an argument with you on /y/ years later on a series I never read.
>>
>>2911573
Side stories are important in order to learn more about the meganes personality and to justify some of his actions, how he reacts.
The author expect you to have read these as well because of the way megane is introduced, like someone we are supposed to know. Same with bad company fag.
>>
>>2911582
share chapter 19 with us
>>
>>2911577
>>2911584
Someone in the livejounal community that /y/ made for this shared it I believe. I don't mind sharing it, but give me a second
>>
>>2911575
This is like saying LOTR and GOT are the same because they both are fantasy and have dragons. Sure, ITW and Warehouse both feature kidnapping, extended torture and rape scenes, but thats where the similarities ends. In terms of execution they couldn't be further apart. The characters act too inconsistently and unlike ITW, Warehouse has such massive plot holes that it cripples the entire premise (what, mc didn't recognize his kidnapper as the kid he fucked throughout high school), not to mention romanticising getting with your rapist.
>>
>>2911583
No, they aren't necessary. Literaly nothing in the extra stories ( not even his entire relationship with David) adds anything meaningful or insightful to the characters or plot that wasn't already in the main storyline.
>>
>>2911585
>>2911584
Actually before that, are you aware of /y/'s other side? I dunno if posting the link here still would get it DCMA again.
>>
>>2911587
By the way she presents rape and by going into such details and featuring it in most of her works and repeating that same pattern, it's more for abusefags to enjoy, than to show the cruelty behind it and how this have affected mc.
Yes mc isn't together with the schizo but let's see how this escalates. He starts to show signs of Stockholm syndrome.
It's just overatted in my opinion. I haven't read chapter 20 yet, but I hope it gets better from now on.
I compare it with webtoons because although it's different and at least plot is better handled it still doesn't change the fact that similar things can be found nowadays alas it's not special anymore. Even if you get it for free it doesn't change the fact that it is not good.
You seem to love the story and sorry for shitting about it, but it is indeed bad. At least atm. It can be improved. Instead of prolonging it for so long, if author decides to focus on the plot for once and tells us about the characters instead of the boohoo past. After everything is solved yes she can focus on megane and his fuckbuddy.

>>2911594
The novels at least. Mc would react differently if he hadn't be abused in the past or having known love. What motivated him to study psychology. But yes even there she doesn't tell us anything about them.
>>
>>2911595
>other side
The bara side?
>>
>>2911581
>>2911582
It proves nothing, I have the manga /y/ hates downloaded too but I'll never read it
>>
Is this any good?
>>
>>2911576
I'd only rec first two or three chapters when it comes to boxing, then it goes in a very different direction.
>>
>>2911619
>>2911619
No, nevermind then.
https://gofile.io/d/k8iZI1

Here you go, download fast before I delete it
>>
File: file.png (1.37 MB, 942x732)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>2911612
>The novels at least. Mc would react differently if he hadn't be abused in the past or having known love. What motivated him to study psychology. But yes even there she doesn't tell us anything about them.
The MC was abused? I don't remember it. I have the one where he fucks an older dude and later his bodyguard
>>
>>2911624
Thanks based anon!
>>
>>2911624
Shit, guess I didn't get there in time. Thanks anyway anon
>>
>>2911629
Sorry I thought you had gotten it.
https://gofile.io/d/5DBRnU
Here you go
>>
>>2911624
Did we miss it? Was only up for 10 minutes...
>>
>>2911630
Based, thanks a lot anon. By the way, do you think you could share the rest of them? If it's not too much trouble of course.
>>
>>2911634
Sure anon. I think I have the old upload I shared on /y/ some years ago, let me check.
>>
>>2911634
>>2911635
Actually which volumes do you need specifically?
>>
>>2911636
All of them if you don't mind. Or volume 1 and 2.
>>
>>2911625
Cruel to be kind or equilibrium was it? I remember it was not consensual. He was into some weird BDSM shit?
>>
>>2911637
https://gofile.io/d/47PZNP
https://gofile.io/d/0jY94v

Here you go anon, part 1 and 2. Get it while it's hot.

Oh, /y/ secret place is the one you can reach if you go back 3 thread from now on using the OP
>>
>>2911643
Nice, thank you anon, you are really the best.

Will certainly check it out later, I'm curious about it now.
>>
>>2911585
can you share like all of it? im kinda interested in seeing what this is about
>>
Is the hashihime game that good? I read the manga and I'm intrigued.
>>
>>2911660
Yes
>>
>>2911621
Looks like one of the Levi x Eren doujins
>>
File: a4490_2048.jpg (302 KB, 1512x2151)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=152512
Would anybody have the downloads from SaltyPotatoTrans still after they disbanded for pic related series "Neko Neko Keiyaku"?

I'm catching up to old series and this is my last read for Neko Neko series by NARAZAKI Souta
>>
>>2911541
Killing stacking was a great manga. It wasn't a yaoi manga though, and the insanely retarded fangirls that think it's about true love need to go to a therapist. I'd almost feel bad for the author if she wasn't disingenuous on purpose to promote her manga.
>>
>>2911783
was she?
>>
Killing Stalking was a BL about a disfunctional romance and the author knew perfectly well what she was doing. You don't focus the whole manhwa on one couple complete with numerous explicit sex scenes out of disingenous pandering. There's no rule that says unhealthy romance can't be BL.
>>
>>2911793
>There's no rule that says unhealthy romance can't be BL.
Unhealthy relationship? Sure.
But if your story doesn't have a "happy ending", i.e. ends with the couple not getting together, or it being impossible for them to get togathet, no BL publisher will accept it. There are copius mangaka interviews and academic texts attesting to this fact.

This wasn't always the case mind you, in fact it took 20 years to become the dominant trend after yaoi superceded JUNE and tanbei works, and publishers shifted to viewing m/m romance manga as primarily a medium to service a market, as opposed to a vehicle for artistic expression.
>>
>>2911799
Are we talking about BL as in the whole genre or 'yaoi' as in 'pointless homo sex stories'? Because I can understand how it's not 'yaoi', but BL qualifier is not whether it's pandering or has a happy ending, it's based on having the main characters develop gay relationship and being published in a BL magazine/section. In case of Killing Stalking it has main characters in a gay relationship and it is published as BL on Lezhin (and any other store). June and tanbi are nowadays included in BL genre and there are modern titles that don't have happy endings or the couple doesn't end up together in a romantic sense.
>>
>>2911806
I'm talking about since the inception of m/m romance manga. The earliest term for these works was "shounen-ai" (literaly "boy's love"). Heart of Thomas and Kaze to Ki no Uta were the series that popularized this genre. Since these two works ,though not the first, are the progenitors of what we today call BL, it's very difficult to categorize them with later trends. But trends did emerge. The first was "tanbei" (the love of beauty), a genre which was halfway between high literature and porn, which became popularized in the magazine JUNE to the point were the terms "tanbei" and "JUNE" became synonomous. The goal of JUNE's editors was to publish stories of "literary quality and aesthetic refinement". These stories usually focused on the suffering and misfortune characters (usually young boys) experience stemming from being in homosexual relationships. They almost always ended in tragedy.

Then came the rise of yaoi, later BL, and the massive commercialisation in the mid-90's gay boom. "Yaoi" originated in the late 70's and were generally only limited to fan doujinshis that shipped real of fictional people. What seperated them from JUNE was the centrality of the couple having the seme/uke dynamic, as we know them today, something which was entirely absent from JUNE. Couples in JUNE did have their prefered positions, but it wasn't the rigid dichotomy of dominant/ masculine seme and submissive/feminine uke. Another thing yaoi introduced was the "noble path", a formal narritive structure by which the characters fall in love. It usually goes like this: seme persues uke, then seme assaults uke (or saves uke), then they have sex and then become a couple (the "happy end"). Eventually yaoi's popularity soared, being an almost direct reaction to the dissatisfaction readers felt toward JUNE and tanbei. Yaoi morphed into BL, which eventually became the umbrella term for almost all m/m romance manga.

JUNE/tanbei faded, and the magazine closed.
>>
>>2911799
Butting in real quick in this discussion. More than BL requiring for the couple to end up together I would describe BL as an story with its focus on the relationship (originally sexual only but nowadays not always, could be romantic) between two men or at the very least their relationship playing an important part in the overall theme the story wants to deliver. This is why some danmei works are considered bl even if they focus more on plot than the relationship and why you can say some works have bl elements without being bl works (such as banana fish, as the gods will or omniscient reader's viewpoint).
That's why I don't think it's necessary for a couple ending together for a story to be considered BL. If that was the case, works in which all the plot revolved around two men in a relationship that don't end together in the end wouldn't be included.
Also genres, classifications and terms are not something static; they change and evolve over time. Sometimes retaining their core characteristics and sometimes becoming something completely different and giving birth to a complete different genre. So we are going to have a lot of variety in works as time goes by.
>>
The problem with Killing Stalling is that neither the serial killer guy or the cop ever bottomed and the uke was both insufferable and ugly.
>>
>>2911541
killing stalking was great, but yeah that tropes taken over. I did a deep dive once and found some really great, one sided and entirely abusive relationship stories i really enjoyed. some of them ended badly, some of them ended positively and didnt involve outright captivity.

hell i think the best part of killing stalking was the parts where bum COULD of got away and didnt, and it not being completely "b-but i love him". the reasonable mix of just outright fear, self inadequacy and just the fact bum`s live was already so miserable and pathetic that being in his situation in his mind was better was pretty gud. i want more of that.
>>
>>2911827
>I would describe BL as an story with its focus on the relationship between two men or at the very least their relationship playing an important part in the overall theme the story wants to deliver.
With all due respect, I don't think this description fits since there are obviously works with these elements that aren't categorized as BL like Sakura-Gari, Kieta Hatsukoi, 10th, Kami-sama no Ekohiiki, Mukai-kun wa Sugoi!, Boku no Hontou no Hanashi and even Ao no Flag.
What truly separates yaoi/BL from other genres, or even the previous subgenres of JUNE/shōnen’ai, in the view of most readers is whether the rigid formality in narrative structure, in particular the seme–uke framework, is adopted or not. Obviously, it's not the case for every work, but it is the prevailing paradigm.
>This is why some danmei works are considered bl
Danmei originated in the early '90s and I would argue is the more direct successor to shōnen’ai/JUNE rather than yaoi/BL, with its strong fusion of the more highbrow concept of “tanbi” with an entertainment-driven element.
>If that was the case, works in which all the plot revolved around two men in a relationship that don't end together in the end wouldn't be included.
Can you give some Japanese examples of this?
>Sometimes retaining their core characteristics and sometimes becoming something completely different and giving birth to a complete different genre
It's probably much more common for publishers to make new categories to distance themselves from prevailing trends. Take Sasaki to Miyano, or Okujima's new series, whose publishers re-categorized it as "Boys Life' to get away from the stigma of BL and its genre conventions.
>>
>>2911821
Anon I do know the basic history of gay manga, but I think you're limitng the broad genre that is BL to nothing but rebranded yaoi. 王道 or 'noble way' is not one standard that yaoi invented and has to be upheld for a work to be called BL, 'oudou' just means a work that uses well-established and well-liked tropes in a genre (since there are also oudou shounen, shoujo etc etc). There are copious 'non-oudou' works in BL that are still BL - those that don't have seme-uke dichotomy, those that don't focus on the couple getting together but rather on an established relationship, those that have more than two characters in a romantic relationship etc. You can find lots of non-oudou BL in our chart. I can't see how Killing Stalking not having a romantic happy ending would make it not BL, just because it doesn't follow the oldfashioned yaoi idea of oudou. It would just make it not-yaoi, so in that phrasing I agree with you.
>>
>>2911848
A couple things:
1. Recall I wrote BL has now become an "umbrella term", meaning I acknowledge it does encompass works that don't follow or stray from the noble way, among other conventions.
2. I didn't say yaoi originated the noble way, just that it popularized it in contrast to JUNE.
3. Though modern BL has deviated somewhat, the centrality of seme/uke and the "happy ending" still remain the most popular trend. This is undeniably true for the majority of Korean BL.
In fact, can you name me 5 Japanese manga that was marketed as BL from the past 10 years where the couple didn't end up together?
>>
>>2911853
So basically we agree and it is BL.
1 One Room Angel
2 Gesshoku Kitan
3 Kare to Watashi
4 Chou to Kumo no Su and a couple other oneshots by Akabeko
5 Nigatsu no Eden
6 Hate no Kouya de Vacances wo
7 Innocent by Iimo
I genuinely hate bad ends and avoid them, but all of these had the main characters not end up together. I bet that someone who likes tragedy would pull up at least a dozen more.
>>
Is tiger and bunny fujobait or they do hold feelings for each other the characters? Has the creator ever mentioned smth about it?
>>
>>2911861
Oh nononono
>>
File: 89544582_p6.jpg (105 KB, 600x501)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Opinion on chubby bottom?
>>
>>2911861
They're treated like a married couple by the creators and japanese fans, everything is implied. The female character crushing on Tiger gives up and moves on.
Don't expect any official confirmations though. Japan is still Japan, studio executives are still old farts, who didn't even want the show to air and tried their best to discourage the staff from working on it, and you average otaku are still otaku who hate homos.
>>
>>2911873
cute and pudgy
>>
Chilchil made an alignment chart for various BL labels, what're anons' types? I guess it could also work the other way and suggest which labels to check out based on your preferences. Here's the full article: https://blnews.chil-chil.net/newsDetail/22590/#cmt_list
>>
>>2911861
Apparently if you read the interview or something it's super gay but I thought the show wasn't even that homo except the okama
>>
>>2912024
I like Kachi Comi, OnBlue, and Reijin. I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>2911861
Whatever gives them the most money.
>>
>>2911793
Killing stalking wasn't a BL. It wasn't a romance novel. The top only fucked the bottom because of some vague resemblance to his mother. There was no love. The bottom was just overly abused and easily to manipulate.

The author has said it was a horror story not a love story repeatedly. Just in a way where it's like, well that's open to interpretation because I still need it to be popular.

It was about a gay male lead, in a horror story and it got marketed as a BL because publishers didn't know what else to do with it.
>>
Futekiya announced a bunch of Libre licenses on 801 day and then never spoke of it again. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>2912075
Sorry but I'm not buying that explanation. If it truly was nothing but a horror story with a gay male lead, why add copious amounts of explicit sex scenes? There's no need to include everything down to lightsaber cocks in multiple shots in multiple chapters, not to even mention each make-out that didn't end up with penetration. And in most cases these scens didn't bring anything new to the story other than 'Sangwoo is mean' or 'Yoonbum is scared but horny', which is apparent enough without seeing the latters scrawny ass in a closeup. Not to mention how much the story revolves around Yoonbum's infatuation and them playing a couple with varied degrees of abuse. Whether Sangwoo had some kind of romantic feelings underneath the mommy issues or not is very much a matter of interpretation and both those saying 'yes' and those saying 'no' would have plenty of arguments. A work can be a horror AND BL, they're not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2912081
They kept releasing so much trash I unsubscribed, started learning japanese and bought the raws
>>
>>2912086
Honestly good for you, there's ton of good stuff you'll get to read way earlier and in better quality.
>>
>>2912024
I’m definitely cider type. I wish it were easier to talk about or recommend the -plot with fewer BL scene- manga to people who don’t associate with BL. Like the day I bought vol 2 of MADK I noticed the cashier reading its cover but I didn’t say anything.
>>
>>2912024
I'm a Honey Type all the way. What's the name below Charles? Something-seisha?
>>
>>2912091
Oops, I missed it. That's Suiseisha, they're known for Maou Evologia, Kurogyaru and Kyojin no Hanayome.
>>
>>2912024
I go straight across the top of cider and coriander, so heavily towards shonen-like regardless of ero content.
>>2912090
Maybe not MADK because of the gore, but I've recommended BL to non-fujo before, you just need to be really casual about it so if they get weirded out they think it's their problem.
>>
>>2908716
Seconded, some of these I had never seen the cover before and I'm struggling. Maybe something to add for the next round?
>>
File: 1613422802838.jpg (207 KB, 720x480)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>2912082
Gay sex in itself is a horrifying act.
And I'm not saying that because it's fetish.
>>
>>2912171
Oh absolutely, especially in KS! Each time I feared for Sangwoo's safety, hoping he wouldn't accidentally cut himself with the jutting bones of Yoonbum's malnourished hips and ass.
>>
POTN wth who is this Lord Song?!?!?! Another character intro when I feel like there's so much up in the air. Girl better start tying lose ends here before I lose my mind. I've been crawling through my work weeks waiting for Fridays
>>
File: FBy1a3QWEAkz23E.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Hot damn I don't know how the donghua got away with the massive amount of gay in this episode but it was worth it
>>
>>2911299
If you believe the conspiracy theories, Tencent had suppressed the news of her arrest and negotiated for a reduced sentence because of how much they had invested in adaptations/IPs of her works. Each work of hers is a huge money maker in more than one medium, so there was no way they were going to allow news of her being jailed be spread. There are rumours where she wasn't sent to jail but was placed in a detention center and could regularly communicate with the world outside. Anyway all this happened before the recent censorship guidelines review, and the latest rumour is that she was released and is laying low now.

>plagiarizing wuxia novels
Not wuxia novels but Pili/Thunderbolt Fantasy series. There are whole essays out there outlining the similarities between characters of various Pili series and MDZS/TGCF. Can't comment on their accuracy/validity though
>>
>>2912216
While I think there's more to the story of why she disappeared, tencent would never go against gov's decision.
And according to their guidelines anyone with a criminal record can't have their works be accessible on the internet, much less adapted and broadcast.
>destroyed their gaming and idol survival industry because they couldn't go against the gov
>can't release their BL adaptations, they invested so much into, overseas because they don't want to piss off the gov.
>decided to never air shit wu project they were counting on this year
>not tencent but two of the queens of chinese cinema got 0 career prospects and one of them got wiped from the internet
Another BL author keeps getting her works plagiarized and turned into heterosexual live actions with each of those becoming huge hits. They wouldn't risk a thing for a BL author regardless of profits.

When another incredibly popular danmei author Priest had 3 of her novels taken down someone bought a paid search and the identical rumors of her being jailed due to illegal publications appeared. As you know she is not jailed but she has to rewrite those novels for no fucking reason.
A group of people also has been trying to doxx MXTX but she changed her phone number on time, another group of people keeps reporting meatbun novels and constantly tries to hack into her jjwxc account.
Chinese trolls and antis are fucking insane and sometimes they are hired by others to stir shit.
>>
>>2912213
My sides. If BL is going to banned anyway they have nothing to lose after releasing the final episode.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.