[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/y/ - Yaoi

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: Zakk-CanisTheSpeaker.jpg (562 KB, 998x1249)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
Read any good BL recently? Drop your recs and read along here!

Recs:
>https://controlc.com/934f6424
>https://pinboard.in/u:yrecs (NEEDS UPDATING - see below for details)

BL Licensers and How to Request from Them:
>https://controlc.com/3858c1ea
Project JUNE Download:
>https://projectjune.dreamwidth.org/473.html
Tiermakers:
>https://tiermaker.com/user/579020

Bonus questions:
>Do we still want bonus questions or topics?
>Let's get the chart discussion rolling again! Chart anon, how's it going?

Previous thread >>2965282
>>
File: BL_Chart_v6.jpg (3.68 MB, 2428x8237)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
Please reply to this post to ask for things to be added OR REMOVED from the rec list.
>anime, VNs, fan doujin, and academic works about BL are allowed too

NEW HERE? Check out our curated rec chart!

***NEEDED: New Rec Chart
>It has been over a year since our last update.
>In thread 88, anons discussed making a rec chart in HTML and taking a full website screenshot via Opera browser.
>In thread 90, a Chart Anon stepped forwards and many anons made suggestions.

***NEEDED: Volunteers to update the Pinboard
>Pastebin banned us. We are using controlc now, but help to update the Pinboard (which can't be banned as easily) is still needed
How to post to and edit the Pinboard:
>https://notes.pinboard.in/u:yrecs/notes/f1e5bb2ba91dd9d863ce
>>
No Additions or Removals.
>Hitsuji no Kawa wo Kita Kemono was requested for addition, but no one seconded it. Can still add to the rec list at next update if anyone seconds.

Misc:
>Fireden has returned!
>However, it is missing from thread 87 to 90 and the board doesn't have search enabled. Please use Archived.moe for missing thread and search functionality.
>If you have full saves of any missing threads, consider offering them to the fireden admin. (And please let him know that search isn't enabled.)
>>
>>2968996
Anyone got the speaker raw? Specifically vol. 3
>>
A group scanlated the new Asada Nemui one-shot:

https://mangadex.org/title/6784c87a-b5dc-4ec9-80a3-7abd4e25c909/ai-sei
>>
>>2969010
>36 yo and 20 yo gap
that's a big gap
>>
>>2969019
16 year gap
>>
>>2969019
Hot
>>
>>2969010
It feels like I've been reading quite a lot of slutty ukes or non virgin ukes recently. I can't tell if it's s trend or Its just a coincidence from my side.

Also there is something really peculiar about Asada writing. There is something very... Raw and grounded about it I can't quite explain.
>>
>>2969010
this was weirdly wholesome
>>
File: file.png (134 KB, 586x300)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>2969010
My fetish that very few BL do
>>
>>2969010
The seme has a serious case of Madonna-Whore Complex. Unusually upbeat stuff from Nemui, but still has that bittersweet edge at the end like we’ve come to expect. Honestly not a fan of psychological realism in my BL manga, but this was well executed.
>>
>>2969055
No, I don’t think it’s just you. Perhaps it’s a sign of shifting gender politics, or just a passing trend? Either way, I’m quite happy about it! Unrepentant cocksluts are the best. ; p
>>
File: ugly uke.jpg (632 KB, 1510x2160)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
This page was too real.
>>
File: Akahachi.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1422)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
I was surprised to see this bara artist cross over to BL. Surprisingly cute but I have no idea where the plot is going?
>>
>>2969090
Apparently chapter 3 it's the end and switches to another couple next
>>
>>2969093
literally me
>>
>>2969098
>>
File: 7.png (470 KB, 800x1137)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>2968728
Author made another chapter but I dunno if it's continuing. Bought it because I liked the art but I found her drama pretty bad.
>>
File: AienCatharsis6_16-MRM.jpg (390 KB, 1000x1422)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>2969055
We are definitely getting more ukes that know they want the dick. In general where the seme/uke dynamic is more blurred when it comes to chasing and being chased.
>>
File: 19.jpg (333 KB, 916x1300)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
Checking Kagis other work on pixiv, really cute oneshit. It's nothing special but I really dig her art style.
>>
>>2969090
Too bad it turned out to be a sfw romance series because I'd die to see the acne guy shooting his load inside the pretty kouhai
>>
>>2969116
Finally someone who agree he's a top
>>
File: file.png (946 KB, 1228x892)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
Speaking of Ohshima Kagome, anyone read this? Age gap seems interesting, but I'm not sold. It also uses her old style which I'm meh personally.

https://www.cmoa.jp/title/93866/
>>
>>2969117
Oh, he definitely is. He has an aloof and mature aura while the kouhai is clingy and upbeat (which of course are not hard rules but enough argument for these two in my view at least). The way they are drawn contributes too.
>>
Ever since I started reading Oizumi Salon and the boys boarding school novels/movies that inspired shounen-ai I’ve read a few books in the same vein. A boarding school novel about a group of pretentious guys who periodically fuck a student they bully while having philosophical rants sounds like the type of BL this thread would dislike, but it’s literally the plot of confusions of young törless (1906). Reading old novels has made me grow distant from modern readers + the usual quibbling about what a “real” gay story should be
>>
>>2969156
I dunno, just not a fan of the whole subgenre of "let's glorify toxic, abusive relationships and then justify it under a veneer of detached intellectualism". I process enough nastiness in my real life, why would I want it to get in the way of my romantic fantasies?
>>
>>2969169
That's, sadly, a lot of yaoi. The "seme" is never not an abusive piece of shit that always gets away with abusing his "uke" because he's rich and handsome.
>>
there was this cutesy story that began with a guy who was going to kys himself but saw a woman jumping and followed her to a café where he met other lgbt characters
anyone knows if the author did anything else?
I really liked it even with the weird ending
>>
>>2969170
Are you from the 00?
>>
>7 pages every week
I shouldn't have given in to starting it.
>>
>>2969169
Throwing a number of twitter buzzwords won't make you sound any smarter, aniki
>>
>>2969228
From fujocon
>>
>>2969224
https://www.mangaupdates.com/author/567quz5/kamatani-yuhki
>>
File: file.png (46 KB, 179x286)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>2969078
>>2969055
I also noticed more use of the word ゲイ, though it could also be a coincidence. In general there is waaaaay more variety in BL nowadays than ever, which is weird that people still use stuff like nakamurashi to argue.
>>
File: file.png (825 KB, 700x995)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
>>2969010
Still the hottest Asada Nemui
>>
>>2969268
I will never forgive her for not making them fuck
>>
>>2969170
>>2969169
Holy shit, we got some time travellers up in here
>>
>>2969224
Shimanami Tasogare/Our Dreams at Dusk
>>
>>2969283
Same. What was she thinking?
>>
>>2969093
>crossover to BL
Not much of a surprise. This has been really quite common for a long time, see Nakayoshi Wanko. It's just hard to tell because mangaka often use and change pseudonyms. JP artists who draw content for the muscle gays are divided-leaning-negative on the term bara. They'd mostly call themselves gachimuchi artists or say they make gay doujin. When they get romance and erotic stories published, they're generally published as BL. See Draw2, Haiki, Chako Nediwo, Antonio, and half of Charles Mag's lineup of mangaka. Lots of male mangaka doing more conventionally styled BL out there too.
>>
>>2969112
Aw man, that was a good fucking manga.
>>
>>2969287
>>2969283
The one where they kiss and masturbate each other was hot as fuck but yeah
>>
>>2969247
It did make you sound dumber on the other hand.
>>
>>2969268
This is true
>>2969283
>>2969287
Same. Such lost potential.
>>
>>2969268
Her grounded writing as well dealing with incest creates a weird feeling where it feels like exactly how two brothers who want to fuck each other and are starting to explore the fact feel. It's hot as fuck
>>
>>2969290
Based as fuck. It's so hard to find explicit manga where they don't do anal. The only ones I can think of are:
>Dainari Shounari
>Oh! My Dear by Tsurukame Mayo
>that one Voltron dj
More recs of manga/oneshots where the protagonists jerk off, frot, and do other things together, please. Anal play is OK.
I'm also open to recs involving anal as long as they still do non-anal things after they try anal for the first time. The only example that comes to mind is Itoshi no Nekokke, but I think this might be more common.
>>
File: 90s comiket stats.png (77 KB, 1150x396)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
I've been looking through this blog that lists the stats and trends of BL doujin at comiket during the 90s. i've seen the term "captain tsubasa boom" used by writers interested in derivative BL doujin and they weren't kidding. at comiket 33 (1987) there were only 136 BL doujins listed, which jumped to 445 at C34 and went over 1,000 at C37 in 1989. one doujin essay book I bought theorized that the sudden increase was because doujin print shops started advertising events and word of mouth between fans. by 1993 captain tsubasa's popularity would give way to samurai troopers, cyber formula, and even some RPF doujin for idol groups like SMAP
>>
>>2969291
Yes, everyone here is dumb so let's head to twitter where you belong
>>
File: 52decf_8897258.jpg (210 KB, 1200x1440)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
The cup is live!

We play /ck/

>Where to watch?
https://isthisliv.com/4cc/stream.html

>More info?
https://implyingrigged.info/wiki/2022_4chan_Summer_Cup
>>
>>2969301
Look up BL done by Kishi Torajirou
>>
>>2969324
>picrel
Gross. Take that shit to >>>/d/ please
>>
>>2969261
well, only one proper series and it isn't homo but I'll give it a try
>>
>>2969324
We fucking won!? Let's goooooo, to the top, boys! Or the bottom, whatever position you prefer.
>>
>>2969301
>It's so hard to find explicit manga where they don't do anal.
I’ve never read Dr. Stone but there’s a doujin where the MC and a buff long haired dude jack off and do some very intense frottage for so many pages. I fap to it almost every other week.
>>
>>2969010
I get the seme though. I’m attracted to people I don’t know, but when I actually know them my brain puts them in the “friend” category and I don’t sexual attraction to them anymore. Pleasantly surprised to see a BL explore that.
>>
>>2969283
Honestly we desperately need more BL without anal sex.
>>
Anal is pretty hot and a good fuck is always welcome, but it feels like BL don't ever play around much with the other stuff.
I'd like to see a BL where a dude into his first time gay relationship wants to take it slowers became he's not sure what he likes, with frotting and stuff. Also condoms are hot as fuck
>>
>>2969399
More BL with pussy sex
>>
File: file.png (2.1 MB, 900x1200)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
What's people take on this?
>>
>>2969405
A masterpiece, the most well written manga to ever exist
>>
File: 9781638585671.jpg (78 KB, 400x569)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2969402
But anon I don't like furry
>>
>>2969384
Hell yeah, a “Cum with your life” connoisseur!
https://myreadingmanga.info/re3390-cum-with-your-life-dr-stone-dj-eng/
>>
>>2969321
Rent free. Stop seething over a social media app for 2 secs, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>2969402
What do you think the yaoi hole is anon …
>>
>someone’s finally translating the pomegaverse story
>>
>>2969405
It's an ongoing so that's bad. I like her first work more, I'm not a fan of this whole mother incest thing going on.
>>
>>2969384
>>2969430
I couldn't care less about Dr Stone but fuck, it has some of the hottest doujins I've read in years.
>>
File: enzou-to-senpai.jpg (365 KB, 1280x1808)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>2969301
Enzou to Sempai's an explicit oneshot without anal sex. The dick size difference reminded me of Dainari Shounari. I just noticed rereading that the handsome guy actually did ask about putting it in, but the average guy replied with a definite no on that lol.
>>
Mo ran and Chu Wanning as so overrated.
Mo ran is fucking retarded and dosn't deserve happiness ever, Chu Wanning is dumb as shit and deserves to be unhappy as he was.
Anyways Xue Meng was best boy and Shi Mei was the most interesting character glad they got a happy ending. Wishing nothing but the worst for Mo Ran and Chu Wanning.
>>
>>2969405
I like it when I was reading Boy's Abyss the first thing I thought of was this and what could have been with Gen.
>>
At the risk of sounding like a sick fuck, does anybody have recs for BL that verges into the horror genre? I don't mean supernatural stuff so much as psychological horror, abuse, gore, etc. Mado Fuchiya's work is a good example, but I haven't been able to find much else.
>>
>>2969508
Black Mirror but I didn't find it very scary.
>>
>>2969506
what is up with danmei writers and making everyone except the main couple absolutely miserable
>>
>>2969432
Stop talking like a twitter retard then
>>2969506
The novel itself is overrated, I don't get the appeal
>>
>>2969508
To the Sea
Sleeping Dead
Boys of the Dead
MRM has a few things that I find horror-ish but they’re not labeled as horror, like Mantis Cage and Color Recipe

There’s also this one that’s been getting translated recently, but the MC is the sister of the guy so it’s from her perspective.
>>
Last chance to sign up for Animate’s Toworu Miyata ENG livestream happening tonight
>>
>>2969561
Yeah it is def overrated I consider HOB and MDZS in the same tier as Dumb Husky.
SVSSS>>>>>>>>
>>
>>2969508
I also love her works. I've tried to look for something similar, but nothing I find hits the same.

Asada Nemui has a few with a little gore, some others with supernatural elements.

I tried Killing Stalking but didn't like much. Specialy because I read it after Feeding Lamb I couldn't stop comparing them. Also tried Sadistic Beauty but liked only a few things.

Idk, Fuchiya's works kind of spoiled me.
>>
>>2969561
Seethe and cope
>>
>>2969508
Try Hashihime maybe?
>>
>>2969508
Not supernatural, but I really loved The Perfect Relationship.
>>
>>2969464
God, that silly fucking meme. I love it, please link
>>
https://comic.pixiv.net/works/5306

Does anyone read this? It's apparently 6 volumes long
>>
>>2969603
I feel the same way. Killing Stalking came off too much as "baby's first dark BL" to me, desu. Feeding Lamb felt so much more... I dunno, real? Like the kind of story you might come across on some sleazy true crime news site.
>>
>>2969638
Yeah, too bad that author hasn't done anything (art related) in a few years. There's also Harada, but what I like about Fuchiya is that her plots are horror first, yaoi second.

Iirc shed had a blog or a pivix account or something where she uploaded stuff. But I assume those accounts are abandoned by now.
>>
>>2969638
Killing Stalking becomes kino when you consider it a dark comedy cause that scene were hes helping him call for help was the funniest shit I've read. Same with the mom, the fucking his ashes, and the poker game.
>>
>>2969607
https://myreadingmanga.info/hakase-inu-mo-arukeba-koi-ga-hajimaru-eng/
>>
>>2969631
I've read the first three volumes so far. It's basically a typical shojo manga with boys as protagonists. It's cute, wholesome and the romantic development is ridiculously slow. Imo it fills the niche for a very young audience, like 12-13yo, who usually don't have much family friendly BL content to pick from.
>>
>>2969508
Not exactly a BL manga but have you read Litchi Hikaru Club? It’s got gay elements to it, at least .
>>
>>2969529
its popular
>>
How tf is it 8/01 and no announcements are happening
>>
Do Canis the speaker raws even exist?
>>
Haruta NTR Raw

https://mega.nz/file/n5AA2QIQ#T9nUBBJY86FBi6iOXHg4_QSLbgxeixOBHK-9dWFPJyE
>>
>>2969775
I got an email from futekiya, they added a 12-month subscription and it’s half off. That’s it so far
>>
>>2969775
SuBLime announced Old Fashioned Cupcake
Irodori Sakura announced a few new doujinka who I don’t know
DLsite has some great discounts right now
ShuCream released three new titles today, but they do that on the first of every month regardless
>>
>>2969780
This is the first time I’ve seen anybody directly reply to the initial OP question.
>>
>>2969741
I've seen it rec'd as a decent horror manga, but I'm an oyajicon with zero interest in anything that involves teenagers or is set in a school. As you might imagine, this narrows down my options considerably when it comes to BL (and manga in general).
>>
>>2969863
>I'm an oyajicon with zero interest in anything that involves teenagers or is set in a school.
Fuck, thank god I'm not the only one. Sometimes I feel I'M the degenerate for not liking teens.
>>
File: 136.png (723 KB, 800x1138)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
>>2969779
This was amazing
>Character has a NTR fetish, explains he's super greedy but also gets off to his own jealousy
>Set up scenarios where his boyfriend gets fucked by other guys and comes back home
>Once he's home, he fucks him repeating what the other guys did
>Boyfriend isn't into it, but goes along with it because it's the other fetish
>At one point, he gets to fuck one guy who treated him kindly and he chose himself, and felt different
>Noticed the seme acted more possessive and wanting to pay him back for having him passed around, he actually starts to fuck the other guy behind his back "cheating for real"
>Eventually can't take it anymore and decide to try to break it and make so the seme doesn't know
>Seme reveals he knew all along and getting cheated on for real was the best feeling

Too bad they went back home and decide to stop the NTR play. It would have made more sense to break off since they were clearly incompatible sexually on that front.
>>
>>2969896
sounds like that one hentai netoraserare where the guy’s NTR is so severe he convinces his dad to fuck his wife while he watches
>>
stay cool
>>
>>2969428
I like the one-shot version of this a lot, hot as fuck. The serialized version toned the story down to a dumb wholesome romance with all the BL cliches you could think of.
>>
>>2969882
We're all degenerates here
>>
>>2969775
It’s Bunny Day for another 30 minutes or so
>>
>>2969863
I’m also an oyajicon and unfortunately our options are very few for horror with no teens because Japan has a boner making the teenagers the predators in horror BL.

Maybe try MADK if you haven’t already?
>>
>>2969776
Only raws of first two volumes
>>
>>2969781
Bi king, now if only black hair was also a verse.
>>
>>2969947
I want to read more bisexual BL
>>
>>2969950
100% but more where the uke is the bisexual one.
>>
lips. im super attracted to lips. i have no explanation

lips, dude.
>>
>>2969953
I get it. Who draws your favorite lips anon?
>>
Does anyone have that chart showing the evolution of your average fujo?
>>
File: 21.jpg (561 KB, 1300x916)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
https://gofile.io/d/mvq1ia

Hello anons. I've translated this thing in English. I know typesetting and whatever are shitty, so I'm sorry for that. I thought it was a good pixiv comic, so I wanted to give a little exposure. I hope the translation isn't too bad.
>>
>>2969963
I liked that oneshot too! The translation's pretty good, but the typesetting really could be better. Do you still have the psd files? If you'd agree to share them, I could edit the text to look more presentable.
>>
>>2969968
> Do you still have the psd files?
I don't think I do. But feel free to steal the translation and re-edit into the JP text or whatever if you feel like it. Or I could write into a word file for you or something. Honestly I have zero experience with any of these stuff.
>>
>>2969963
>used goods
>cf who had is back and liked him back is cucked
What the fuck? It would have been so cute without that. Hoping the hotel thing with the guy was a lie.
>>
File: 010.jpg (301 KB, 1440x2048)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>2969974
Author loves her non virgin ukes
>>
>>2969975
Not sure about that story but the other one he had been fucking some random for a long time before any type of confession while the guy who liked him back was probably jerking off to him alone. Literally worse than the netorase guy earlier in the thread. Its sickening.
>>
>>2969976
Are you the mafuyu anon?
>>
File: 1473025107090.jpg (79 KB, 862x626)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2969974
>>2969976
>Purityfag for BL
No one cares
>>
>>2969978
H-how did you know?
>>
>>2969980
Your posting style is very distinctive as well the only person on the planet obsessed with men's purity
>>
>>2969978
I wish Mafuyu was actually a slut. Instead he's a boring fag who doesn't put out
>>
>>2969981
It's only important to me when there is a purity imbalance surrounding the couple, they should either both be pure or both used by the time they start their romance story.
>>2969982
>Instead he's a boring fag who doesn't put out
That's cause he doesn't truly love Ue like a romantic partner or even see him as a real boyfriend. He's the free therapy he sunk his claws into and manipulated into thinking they're in a relationship while he can't get over his dead bf.
>>
>>2969983
You need to get over Given.
>>
>>2969983
"Purity imbalance"
/y/ fujos and antis aren't that much different huh
>>
>>2969987
it's literally one anon
>>
>>2969983
Eh, I kinda like when someone experienced teaches a virgin new things.

I don’t really mind any dynamics as long as the bottom is physically my type (oyaji or buff uke).
>>
>>2969987
>/y/ fujos
Kek, it's literally one anon which is famous on both /a/ and /y/ at this point
>>
>>2969995
Nah, aside the purity anon I've seen multiple opinions here regarding disliking "yaoibait", bad endings and incest. The people here aren't as wild as they could have been in theory.
>>
>>2970003
Anons having varied preferences instead of uniformly liking absolutely every kink and narrative is to be expected. The theory you have is basically an anti-anti hivemind.
>>
>>2970003
damn can you believe people in an anonymous board arent a hivemind that share the same likes and dislikes?
>>
>>2970003
>>2969987
You need to take that "anti" bullshit back to twitter where it belongs. Nobody on this board cares about retarded fandom wars; we're just here to fap.
>>
>>2970003
>Nah, aside the purity anon I've seen multiple opinions here regarding disliking "yaoibait", bad endings and incest.
Is that a problem, how?
Oh wow, people have opinions and don't like every fetish on the planet. Incredible!
>>
>>2969882
Yeah, I don't understand it. I get that BL is just fantasy, but anyone who has to talk teenagers on a semi-regular basis would know that 90% of them are both dumb and annoying as fuck. Imo, most guys don't become interesting or attractive until they get a bit of life experience under their belts.
>>
File: 21.jpg (38 KB, 344x253)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2969983
>they should either both be pure or both used by the time they start their romance story
Slut uke seducing and experiencing love for the first time with a virgin seme is literally the best though.
>>
>>2970020
Yeah I like those stories, only when the uke falls in love first. It remediates the purity imbalance with relationship power balance.
>>
>>2970021
You are fascinating.
>>
>>2970021
I disagree with your ideas but I do find yourself methodology funny/interesting.
>>
File: sadistic beauty bl.jpg (403 KB, 972x5908)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>new chapter is so shocking it finally makes the translator insert her opinions again
Truly the Evangelion of BL manhwa.
>>
>>2970028
He deserves better, he deserves me.
>>
>>2970021
uh, got any examples
>>
>>2970028
It sure escalated.
>>
>>2970028
It's going to end with a sudoku
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 221x273)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Tbh this shit is so weird, it's like gay as fuck but also not really and I can't imagine how straight guys reading it even care.
>>
File: mentaiko.jpg (220 KB, 759x967)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
(1/2)
Hello all,

I am new here and I need help.
I am not interested in masturbating so much, I would like something hopeful as far as gay relationships.

My main desires are:
>men that feel / look / act like men
>a long term monogamous relationship is involved (could be a side focus to greater plot, like MDZS)
>does not end tragically/bitterly
>is not just porn

*The specific amount of porn doesn't matter to me - as long as there is LTR happiness in the end. But if there is porn, I really hope that the 2 are both adults. At the least, that the 2 are the same age. (Hamu and the Boy Who Cried Wolf is a good example of something that passes despite it's right on the line. I would be sad if I hadn't given that one a chance.)
*Men looking more manly is a plus, or "average" is also a plus. Or bigger / not skeletal. Think Mentaiko-esque instead of Doukyuusei. It's fine if they are pudgy as opposed to toned.
*Dark shit and toxicity are acceptable if they are presented as challenges, and the main characters solve them. For example a not-aliving prior to the start of the story is ok, or maybe even at the beginning. But one of the MC's digging directly down in minecraft at the end is not acceptable to me.
*VN's are interesting, I'll research any suggestions if you think one'd be good, although it's not my focus. By the way, I think I'd almost be ok with edgy VN's, since I have some control but also care less about them somehow. Like I read the description of Ore No Shita De Agake, and laughed even though I'd hate to see a manga or anime of it.
(Continued...)
>>
File: mentaiko2.jpg (127 KB, 1048x775)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>2970157
...(2/2)
I have looked at the Rec chart,
Ones I liked that I have already seen/read are:
>MDZS anime
>Yes, No, or Half anime
>Stranger on the Beach movie
>Given anime and movie
>My Dearest Cop manga
and most of all
>Hamu and the Boy Who Cried Wolf

These are ones that look like they could be right for me:
>Our Dining Table
>Itoshi no Nekokke

Please let me know if it is true that the ones I've picked out will be good for my requirements, and if you have more recommendations that I missed, or if you have recommendations that aren't on the Rec List. Thank you for reading :)
>>
>>2970159
Here are a couple authors whose manga might be to your liking:
>Oshima Kamome
>CTK
>Kasai Uka
>Tobidase Kevin
>Jnnkleeche
>Tobi Washio
>Sumiya Zeniko
>Usui Iroha
All draw regular adult men and focus more on relationships than porn. Feel free to pick whatever appeals to you, and don't forget to check various sources (some of their manga are licensed but leaked on mangaho etc).
>>
>>2970046
Off the top of my head viewfinder (its korean), to dear my sorrow (in my headcanon), and Ore no Kirai na Senpai.
>>
>>2970157
>>2970159
Try Hashihime, you may like the main route
>>
>>2970028
If this degenerates into the main guy suddenly loving the psycho for "saving" him I swear to God...

At this rate the only ending I that would satisfy me it's if the two main guys end up dead.
>>
>>2970191
Wtf leave Minho alone.
>>
>>2970028
Author made it clear a long time ago that this whole comic is revenge porn and people still get mad nonstop like bro, this is aimed at readers with humiliation kink or just have fun with the trainwreck. Don't submit yourself to it if that's gonna be your reaction
>>
>>2970157
>For example a not-aliving prior to the start of the story is ok, or maybe even at the beginning. But one of the MC's digging directly down in minecraft at the end is not acceptable to me.
Where the fuck did you come from
>>
>>2970129
I stopped reading this shit like 8 years ago because it was going nowhere, and from what I've seen it seems it's still the same. What a fucking joke of a series, I don't get how can there be people who are still baited by it.
>>
>>2970159
Stuff that might seem perfect for you
>manga
Canis the speaker (has great plot and the characters act manly but it's behind on updates)
Vassalord (also has a really good ova) amazing manga about vampires with causal gay romance
Any work by Ogeretsu Tanaka
>VNS
hashihime of the old booktown (unique experience with interesting plot involving mystery and the bizarre)
No, thank you!!! (starts off slow, can be a hit or miss but hey the charas are manly)
Luckydog1 (not localized yet but there's translation which I personally follow. Not sure but I found its depiction of the mafia and male bonds well-done so maybe be on the lookout for if it's ever localized in the future, who knows)
>>
>>2970159
Midnight rain is good
>>
>>2970159
Based on what you've been recommended here I would strongly suggest Rumspringa no Joukei and it's prequel Dear Gene, as both are currently two of our most acclaimed BL.
I woul also recommended Bad Boys Happy Home (Akamatsu Seven), Yuki to Matsu and Go For it, Nakamura! and Kagakubu no Megane.
SAYE and Can Ci Pin are probably the best danmei (Chinese novels) for you.
>>
>>2970159
Also, maybe give this >>2969010
a quick read too.

>>2968998
Can we add this Asada oneshot to the bin?
>>
>>2970216
I don't think anyone left reading it expect anything gout of it, most people do it out of habit since it's a monthly manga
>>
>>2970229
They might like the Lamento VN, a few of the guys are pretty masculine looking
>>
>>2969976
Source?
>>
>>2970250
True, Dramatical murder is a hardcore recommend too.
>>
>>2970251
>>2969896
>>
>>2970253
It's shared in the post the summary is replying to

>>
>>2970245
seconding
>>
>>2970214
I don't understand how the translator is able to misunderstand the thing they're translating so badly. Media literacy needs to be taught in more schools.
>>
>>2970253
>>2970254
Dankes
>>
>>2970162
>>2970189
>>2970229
>>2970230
>>2970244
>>2970245
Thank you all for your suggestions! I will look through them all soon

>>2970215
i came from the roblox server of my friends Kevinora (NB,ace they/them) and Roxas (ftm,gay he/him) at my school. it is a safe space so I am really good at not using trigger words :)

Lol just kidding, I really don't mind saying "death" or whatever. If it occurs in a BL, people will probably want to discuss it here in clear terms anyway. Sometimes I find it funnier to use euphemisms though, especially the Minecraft ones.

There can totally be good stories where people are hypersexual, terrible, or suicidal... it's just now I want something different. And definitely you guys have delivered, I am excited.
>>
File: 1624059476338.jpg (31 KB, 500x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2970266
Oof this post
>>
>>2970277
Well, it said it was kidding.
>>
anons i hate to ask. is sayonara alpha pedoshit?
>>
What do you guys think of omegaverse? Yes or nay?

I have a love-hate relationship with it. Since everyone can create their own canon with this, I can choose my own rules, or ignore the ones I don't like. I usually like the social differences between the 3 "categories" of people, the thing with the pills, and the stupid animalistic heats and ruts.

However, I despise the whole "men get pregnant" part. Which is, ironically, the most popular element of omegaverse. There's just no way to make this work without butchering the male anatomy (I know, magic or whatever, but still don't like it).

I would like a story which circumvents the pregnancy thing without taking out all the other elements.
>>
>>2970300
I like the sex stuff.
The breeding thing is fine but yeah, the actual pregnancy isn't my thing.
The social difference shit gets boring and too melodramatic if they don't fuck around with it.
>>
>>2970300
It's trash. Any good elements of it (breeding kink, power imbalances, etc) are ruined by the fact that they exist in a universe where men can get ass pregnant because fujos can't conceive of two guys having sex without pretending one is basically a woman (or whatever omegas are supposed to be).
>>
>>2970300
Yes for me so long as I like the story. Beta semes with Alpha ukes is kino, buff omega and normal alpha is kino, and sub-top alpha with an dom omega is kino.
Funnily most of my favorite abos are korean.
>>
>>2970300
>What do you guys think of omegaverse? Yes or nay?
Garbage for self inserter women that miss the whole point of yaoi
>>
>>2970300
It's stupid. I'd rather see actual trans/cuntboy stuff than whatever this is.

Hell, similar concepts could work if it was between some species of animals (yeah furry stuff) but just not -full- basic humans y'know.
>>
File: huh what.jpg (453 KB, 1000x1422)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Can someone simplify the english here please? I don't know these idioms.
>>
>>2970317
Jeez they really went creative for this translation
>>
>>2970317
>I was touching you so you could get used to it
>Was it that or because it turns out on?
Basically
>>
File: file.png (206 KB, 680x510)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
https://twitter.com/koike_sadaji/status/1554076305439698944
Do we know what chapter 4 will be about?
>>
>>2970320
>it turns out on?
Did you mean "it turns you on?" ?
Thanks.
>>
How dare futekiya. I was just about to unsubscribe to save $$$ and then they announce an incredible list of titles, as if their taste level reverted back to their 2020 period.
>>
>>2970378
Any examples?
>>
>>2970298
Not really. Dude meets his fated alpha when he's still a child it's presented as like a tragic thing that shouldn't have happened. It's one of my favorite omegaverse stories because it's actually interesting and not just two dudes trying to get pregnant.
>>
File: file.png (3.89 MB, 1440x2048)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
>Still not on CMOA
>>
>>2970317
I’m thankful for their translations but this page almost gives off troll vibes, like those fake anime subs some groups used to do
>>
>>2970401
>manlytears shows off his ipod shuffle to warwick
>>
File: FEXSPAXaMAA-5MS.jpg (209 KB, 640x360)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
I have noticed that none of my fellow Chainsaw Bros are discussing this, so I thought I'd mention here that Denji's VA's biggest previous role is voicing one of the dudes in some baity-looking chatbot thing called Bondage Boyfriend. Not saying it to bash the dude or anything. Just thought it was funny.
>>
>>2970159
Seconding the anon who recced Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven/Bad Boys Happy Home. That was the manga that brought me here and got me to stay. It's at the top of the chart for a reason.
>>
>>2970393
Not the anon you replied to, but I agree. Lots of decent looking stuff.
>new Noda Matsumoto.
>new Ryo Ito (It’s Still Too Early to be Love was underrated as hell, I have high hopes)
>whole lotta tacocasi
>most unfamiliar titles look like they have decent art
Maybe they ran out of libre titles. Thank fucking God.
>>
>>2970300
Meh. I don't seek it out but I've read a few I like. I don't have good taste though, I'm still following Megumi to Tsugumi closely. (It actually got a bit better again recently, I'd say.)
>>
>>2970414
Anon do you read the Hikaru manga?
>>
File: file.png (662 KB, 564x800)
662 KB
662 KB PNG
Anyone hear of this?
>>
>>2970420
I know of the show, though I haven't watched it. I guess this is the manga version?

>>2970419
Yeah, why?
>>
>>2970416
For a moment I thought Noda actually published sth new, but it's nice to see their older work finally getting translated. Tacocasi is good, that Nayuta Nyogo is decent. Avoid Okubyoumono ni Hanataba wo (Inomiya Miya), it's meh.
>>
File: file.png (158 KB, 245x350)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
How was the sequel for this? Did the brothers finally fuck?
>>
>>2970394
Nta, the first pages make me cringe but the idea does seem atleast different.
Theres a sorta similar one where one of a partnership wakes up like 6 years old and theres this sort of background with his brother going "whys hes spending so much time with some random child...alone...in his bedroom". Young version even mentions "heres your chance, im still mentally 25 so..." and it more or less gets blown off because he dosent want to seem like a creep or get caught doing a six year old "kid"
>>
>>2970424
There was a sequel? Muh heart dont spoil me
>>
The number of times I've come to this fucking manga. Junta's face and body are the best.
>>
This was kinda nice. Nothing too special, but I enjoyed it. The poor man's Bakana Inuhodo Itooshi, but with a more satisfying story.
>>
>>2970453
Why hasn't more of Yuitsu's stuff been scanlated?
>>
File: file.png (502 KB, 1039x717)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
Anyone read this one? Can't tell if it's bait or one of those gay seinen. Thought it was BL until I saw the genre.
>>
>>2970485
>2970485
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/78841235#1
Searching around apparently the author does gayshit of them in their pixiv.
Quite curios of what it is.
>>
>>2970485
It's not so much bait as a kind of unique premise. The main characters are in a relationship that straddles the line of romantic and platonic and the whole story explores how even if they can't put a clear label to what they have, it's still a valid life choice to be together. It's a mellow psychological story. The pixiv run was good, the serialisation imo dumbed it down to the point it became too obvious and repetitive, all so that readers don't have to think too much while reading. Boo.
>>
>>2970492
Interesting. I read her pixiv work but I'm not sure I quite got it. They try to have sex at one point but they stop? It was all kind of weird.

I like this kind of stuff but I like when it ends with the characters ultimately get together.

The first chapter on manga-comisol.jp was free so I read it, not sure I liked it enough to buy it. Sadly raws don't appear to exist.
>>
>>2970493
Yeah, the black haired dude finds it hard to accept that their relationship is so hard to define or explain to others, so at some point they try to have sex and make it 'romantic' but they're just not into it and decide not to force themselves. I really doubt it'll end up in them becoming a 'normal couple', given that the main message seems to be that even if the relationship defies all labels and societal rules, it's still worth maintaining if it makes you happy.
>>
File: f0f.jpg (56 KB, 960x542)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2970495
I see. To bad I liked the art and the set-up but I'm meh on the premise I guess, call me a basic bitch if you want. I'd read it if it was in English though, but too much effort for my mediocre JP.
>>
>>2970494
If you've read the pixiv chapters then most of what comes up in the comisol ver was like a watered-down recap (with some minor changes like one of the dudes working as a florist instead of a barber). Maybe the second volume will push the story beyond what was established in the pixiv run.
>>
>>2970498
>e dudes working as a florist instead of a barber).
lol I wonder why
>>
I kinda hate how it seems like the raw scene for BL is completely dead. Shit barely get uploaded anymore, even from famous mangaka
>>
>>2970505
That’s because digital releases are easy to get now in CMOA/EBJ/BW. Poorfags are fucked tho.
>>
>>2970505
Cruciatus who uploaded like 80-90% quit. Occasionally sth still pops up on YO though.
>>
>>2970505
I used to contribute but I don't have a ripping tool that works any more and can't be assed to screenshot.
>>
>>2970453
Art style is familiar. Is it made by the same author where the dude was so fucking stupid he almost whores himself out until his yakuza bff stops him?
>>
>>2970511
Yeah. The art in this one's better, though.
>>
>>2970506
You'd think it would make easier for people to share though. I always upload my shit every time I buy something.

>>2970510
For CMOA and various sites you can just use a script or manga downloader.
>>
>>2970485
I love gay seinen/josei. Legit my favorite genre. I wish we'd get more.
>>
>>2970300
I despise anything that reminds me or makes parallels with periods. Period.
>>
>>2970300
>What do you guys think of omegaverse?
It’s just the 2000s seme/uke with more steps.

And same as back then, I think it’s only interesting when couples are seme/seme or the rarer uke/uke, or if the uke is buff, manly, and/or middle aged.

Betas are the side/mob characters, who sometimes gets a spin-off if their normie-ness is endearing to the audience.
>>
>>2970300
I like it when strong-willed alphas get a good dicking and I wish there was more of it.
>>
File: file.png (448 KB, 633x899)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
Finally decide to check her second work, honestly kinda whatever. They could have not included it and it wouldn't feel any different. Honestly I don't think even the author cared much because their twitter is like 100% the first couple.

Either way, a pretty interesting emergent author. Hopefully they do porn too at one point.
>>
File: 44c910_8888983.jpg (107 KB, 900x558)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2969324
Final game just about to start. We play /c/
>>
>>2970514
reminds me of stuff from the showa era + 90s before BL got mainstream where shojo magazines having gay stuff was allowed
>>
>>2970529
is this the same mangaka who drew this manga? >>2970485
>>
File: 201.jpg (358 KB, 1440x2048)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>2970534
No, Tayutau Kohaku
>>
>>2970453
I don't get how can people actually masturbate to BL.
>>
>>2970531
>/y/'s the group winner
thanks for the reminders btw
>>
>>2970535
As much as you want to shill this author, most of us here don’t speak moon.
>>
>>2970543
Time to do those anki reps aniki
>>
>>2970536
yeah thats kinda weird. i can do it if its a short one-shot, and the premise is ultra simple to the point of not existing ( its Halloween, look at our costumes!....hey lets sneak off ).
but if the story is good, and i want to know what happens next ill find myself almost outright skipping the sex parts and just note in my head "they banged".
>>
>>2970536
You just need to find the right fetish
>>
File: Senza nome.jpg (2.49 MB, 1536x2048)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
Does anyone know wtf is this?
>>
File: file.png (412 KB, 700x700)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
Are you going to buy it?
>>
>>2970553
Probably getting Ue.
>>
>>2970536
Read Drugless Sex
>>
>>2970543
A lot of BL are just porn. Straight up hentai, with heart eyes and X-ray vision of cocks in holes.

Also if you don’t fap to BL what do you fap to? Real people? Disgusting.
>>
>>2969303
this is interesting, post more
always been curious about the economics of bl
>>
>>2970536
Just grab your dick and double click
>>
>>2970561
Meant for
>>2970536
>>
>>2970578
I also bought an interview book written by the same captain tsubasa boom doujin circle where they interview a woman called the mother of doujinshi who works for aka boo boo, huge doujin event organizing company. it’s about how she helped start more doujin events aimed at women. also realizing i forgot to drop the link to the 90s comiket blog https://tarte41.hatenablog.com/entry/20190430/1556551858
>>
of all the books to liscense, why is this going to be our first english edition of an azuma kaya story

https://www.amazon.com/Eiji-Shiro-Zeroes-Kaya-Azuma/dp/1634423836/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=yaoi&qid=1659612475&s=books&sr=1-5
>>
File: 1.png (1.35 MB, 800x1142)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
https://mega.nz/file/thlnERjD#jndxQGCfiUKNEBkrdLmMC8csJI1EyhOH1agekl2VDpc

For the anons who were waiting for it.
>>
File: file.png (324 KB, 526x545)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>2970666
Very good, it had less porn that I expected given the cover and the premise, which is kinda of a shame given the men. Apparently CMOA release didn't include some of the extra pages that went on the various magazines.
The premise is fairly the usual, but I like the rival dynamic, it makes easy to imagine them into a relationship given they like the same things and the uke failed relationships were because the other lovers lacked his drive. I was also surprised it didn't pull a "gay for you card", after sleeping together for the first time, the seme basically goes "Ah, so I guess I'm also into men, I feel like I discovered a new side of myself", paraphrasing.

I was afraid it was going to get rapey at one point (Not my jam), but when the uke initiates it, but it come of as drunk messing around and frustration because of his own infatuation and the other being kinda of a dick at the moment. The scene quickly turns around and turns into a hard, drunken fuck where they both are into it.

I could easily see it get a second volume, the last pane is basically the uke going "After this finishes we aren't team mates or neighborhood anymore, I wonder what's ahead for us?" and the seme telling him when his next vacation days so maybe they can line up them together.

It feels like this author is improving with every work, especially her art. Some pretty good expression especially during sex.
>>
>>2970663
It was probably easier for them to licence from Reijin/Takeshobo than FRag/Shinkousha
>>
>>2970663
Amerifat publishers really don't want to license Rumspringa for whatever reason. They can't be afraid of offending the amish now, can they?
>>
>>2970666
Would anyone like a summary or?
>>
>>2970732
are the amish even like allowed to read mass produced books? would an amish be able to access Rumspringa only on their rumspringa?
>>
>>2970765
Times have changed. There's an entire subgenre of amish romance novels and some amish people have read an talked about them(they don't like them).
>>
>>2970766
Would they like an Amish romance story if it was like extra adherent to their rules (like a pg-13, het married life and bonding over bible reading), or do they frown upon all frivolous fiction of the sort?
>>
File: FWSB4MBVsAAcr8c.jpg (803 KB, 2550x3300)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
Denpa is selling leftover stock from the summer cons Would you wear these shirts, boys? https://twitter.com/denpa_books/status/1556446476045131778
>>
>>2970769
I'd wear the Canis one. It's subtle enough that it could be for some seinen.
>>
>>2970774
It doesn’t look bad. It reminds me of the t l-shirts lad musician made for Atsushi Kamijo a while ago.
>>
>>2970769
If they pick up The Speaker and make a T-shirt with that, I'll pay twice the item price for shipping just to get it
>>
>>2970768
I don't know, I'm not really familiar with the actual contents of these novels. Seems they dislike it mostly because they can't relate to how their lives are represented.
But either way, that's barely the case with Rumspringa kek
>>
>>2970769
id get hatecrimed if i did anon
>>
Goddamn this doujin was the hottest thing I’ve ever read. Why did Nishida leave BL only to get hentaipilled? I’m so fucking pissed.
>>
>>2969508
Play BL games, honestly.
>>
>>2970815
Thanks for sharing anon, this was top quality smut
>>
since i've done nothing but read classic literature that inspired shounen-ai/june i decided to watch some of the anime that 80s yaoi fans liked (clamp, kouga yun, etc). i finally understand why saint seiya was catnip to women. an entire episode of shun monologuing about giving up his life to save hyoga while hugging him
>>
>>2970815
Nishida/Usa is far from being my favorite but I respect her being an all-round artist and adventuring between yaoi, yuri and hentai whenever she feels like It.

Too bad it's been two years since her last update and apparently no more works after It. If you look up her name on twitter, you can see people worried and wondering if she's doing okay.
>>
>>2970825
Sometimes I wonder if mangaka are repressed fag or whatever
>>
>>2970825
>i finally understand why saint seiya was catnip to women
I forget that not every child in the world has grown up with Saint Seiya
>>
File: sexy robot.jpg (98 KB, 560x800)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>2970834
in the manga all shun did was hold hyoga in his lap, the anime extended it to full on dry humping. however, kurumada saying sorayama hajime's sexy robot series inspired the saints' cloths is pretty gay. theres also the fact he agreed to do an interview with june magazine and said that more and more women were applying to work as his assistants
>>
>>2970837
>kurumada saying sorayama hajime's sexy robot series inspired the saints' cloths
Wow, I had no idea. Shame I’ve never been able to get into Saint Seiya though
>>
I read a full colour (I think) webcomic style yaoi on MRM but I don't remember what it was called. It was about a twink demon(?) who was getting non-con fucked by bara demons who were mocking him for having lost his powers. There was also a werewolf guy or at least dog-like. If anyone knows what it's called please help me out
>>
>>2970531
>picrel
>>>/d/
>>
File: 1659996246969170.jpg (2.51 MB, 3440x4320)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
Femboysisters... I don't feel very good
>>
>>2970969
>language de la luna
>>
File: shota.png (136 KB, 1000x711)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
Okay, which one of you all wrote this?
>>
>>2970999
Now that's what I call a compelling abstract
>>
>>2970999
ask /a/
>>
>>2970999
>using masturbation as an ethonographic method
The reviewers are either shotacons or chronic coomers. No other reason how this article gets to publication stage in the first place.
>>
File: 1660002293917945.png (49 KB, 360x106)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>2970970
Surely you at least know the rune in the middle
>>
>>2971028
I know the spiral-ish one is no, and that also works as my response.
>>
>manwha
>ukes name is jooin
every time
>>
File: FZk8h9gXgAIu889.jpg (97 KB, 1027x2048)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
How do you feel about the new danmei webtoon censorship rules?
>>
>>2970969
Wrong topic, fuck off to whatever you come from
>>
>>2971031
If this is the censorship in question, the glare hurts to look at.
>>
Sleeping Dead vol 2 is (tentatively) coming out on September 30th

The ebook for vol 1 is $3 and change on Honto until August 19th
>>
>>2971068
With Canis 4, Gene 2, SD 2 and Maiden Rose 3, September is looking good already
>>
>>2971031
i hate china
>>
>>2970553
Gonna vomit.
>>
>>2971030
Hate that bitch everytime.
>>
File: Romantic Lament.png (2.35 MB, 1351x1920)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
I loved the way they did this fated pair shit. But they really missed out on some regret kino from the other twin that gave into his instincts. It was a bit gut wrenching at first but not as bad as that one with the beta that went full schizo for his omega lover.
>>
>>2971031
Piece of shits want to censor Archive of Our Own now. One glowie managed to get onto the board elections of Open Transformative Works (parent org of AO3) and wants to sanitize the whole site for "a better public image". As if that's gonna unring that bell of banning any gay content publicly available.
If anyone donated to them and are eligible to vote, please don't cast one for T*ffany G.
Even if you don't read fics, lots of artists park their NSFW art there.
>>
>>2970969
Japanese fans still all treat him like an otokonoko. I feel western fans are probably jumping the gun on this one since as of now it just feels like a random one-liner from a specific ending and not how his character will be permanently.
>>
>>2970553
No, I would buy akihiko
>>
>>2971170
They won't, it's official even in JP version. Otokonoko don't use tranny symbols and always make sure they are boys.
Sorry anon, in 2022 crossdressers have no right to exist anymore
>>
File: file.png (1.1 MB, 1221x875)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
That's it? To be honest the last chapter was quite lame.

next couple looks cute but more standard
>>
>>2971187
I know the phrase "I'm a girl" happens in both languages but I haven't felt it as an indisputable evidence since alternate endings are a thing in fighting games. Hell, a femboy suddenly identifying as a girl in a what-if situation only for him to go back to identifying as a cis boy is quite common in crossdressing/otokonoko media.

If they go deeper and provide an actual backstory to explain this change that's when I'll accept it's definitive. Call it denial or whatever, I'm just speaking as someone far too used to Twitter hyping woke bait OR dogpiling something "problematic" only to end up being a whole bunch of nothing.
>>
>>2971191
Did they kiss or confess at least
>>
>>2971252
Both
>>
>>2971251
/y/ thread isn't the kind of place for this shit, it's not even a BL pairing. Go back to /v/ or fujochan or whatever
>>
>>2970300
Despise it, truly the lowest form of literally any smut let alone BL
>>
File: cb4a49_9789083.jpg (288 KB, 1200x1806)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>2969324
Round of 16 finals, we start in about 10 minutes
>>
>>2971168
>T*ffany G
This isn't twitter anony, you can write her name.
>>
>>2971299
Can you stop posting shotacon you God damn degenerate
>>
>>2971320
sisbro, relax, it's not even that bad leave cupanon alone.
>>
>>2971302
Gotcha. Puriteen and/or obvious Chinese glowie plants in an American site's board elections are terrifying.
>>
>>2971335
GTFO or talk about BL. Nobody here cares about fanfiction unless it’s a doujin by a popular doujinka.
>>
This wasn’t groundbreaking but I really liked it, and the main couple had a lot of chemistry. It felt like a shounen series was BL, which I like and want to see more of.
>>
>>2970300
>I would like a story which circumvents the pregnancy thing without taking out all the other elements.
I think the best BL that’s tackled something like this is Enzou’s Dragless Sex. Instead of gender, some people have potent pheromones that make them or their partners extremely horny, so they need medication to control it. What I like about it is how people aren’t assigned bottoms or tops at birth and dudes don’t get pregnant. It’s just pure horniness, and Enzou’s oneshots in this verse even had a switch couple. I wish most BL mangaka would have adopted the pheromones thing instead.

Aside from that, there also a sub-genre right now that’s the same as omegaverse but with BDSM doms/subs. It’s just as stupid though, in my opinion, but at least there’s no bullshit pregnancy involved.
>>
https://twitter.com/asadanemui/status/1558896011241672704
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>2971436
Mamiya's supposed to be the seme?! I was utterly convinced it would be the other way around
>>
>>2971439
I think Sada said that to be an asshole to him, knowing it would gross him out.

Apparently Asada has more rejected stuff to post so this won’t be it. I’m kind of glad this one didn’t make it compared to how their romance scenes progressed in the manga
>>
Ever read something you enjoyed until the last chapter shat all over everything that came before?
>>
>>2971500
Yep
>>
>>2971504
which chapter did it, the one where rita came in with J’s kid?
>>
>>2971510
Sorta, I don’t mind the plot of the kid existing but the ending is just the weirdest brady bunch shit compared to the rest of the manga. I haven’t read it in years but if I remember right, Rita was raped by J, J’s parents are one of his greatest sources of trauma through the entire manga, and then…it just ends with everyone having a party, totally fine with J being a cross-dressing deadbeat “mommy” and J now gets along fine with his (I’d assume demential-addled for putting up with him) mom?
>>
>>2971438
>Sada willingly wanting the guy that is incapable of doing anything sex related to try sticking his benis in
Maybe he really was a masochist.
>>
>>2971513
Rita was only hesitant for a bit but accepted having sex, it wasn't rape (although you could say it was a sort of hatesex from J's part).

Also, there wasn't a "party", just a family reunion with J's mother and J's daughter alongside her spouse. None of the bigoted relatives were there.

And J's mother herself was never explicitly stated to necessarily share the same hate they had of J, a big point of the story is that after the rape followed by the murder J never contacted her and had no way of knowing what she was thinking. Paul went over and beyond to try making them reunite and having a proper talk for this reason.

The mother being mentally impaired or not, J was able to forgive and have a peaceful relationship with her. If you wanted J to be stranded of everyone and be solely dependable on Paul is one thing but Paul giving J a chance to reconcile ties since he also had similar struggles with his blood relatives fitted the themes of the story and overall was as an acceptable ending in my opinion.
>>
>>2970300
Omegaverse itself doesn’t interest me but I’m fascinated by how many western fujoshis I know who say they hate heteronormativity and women being stereotypical caretakers in fiction blah blah blah but eat up BL manga were omegas become domesticated housewives and baby makers to their alphas. It’s interesting to see them be pro-choice irl but turn into devout conservatives when it’s a dude getting mpreggers instead of a woman. I can’t decide if it’s hypocrisy or if they just want men to go through the societal shit they put up with, but with a porny twist.
>>
>>2971655
its almost like fiction isnt reality
>>
>>2971656
I know it’s not real but I just think it’s hilarious that these so called anti-establishment chuds to get off on nuclear family white-picket fenced fantasies (the ones I know, at least, because I can see the appeal of omegaverse as purely a breeding kink, it’s just that a lot of the BL I’ve seen them eat up are about how the couples settle down to have a family). It’s like otaku that swear that fapping to traps isn’t gay.
>>
I hate ABO because it takes out all the appeal of BL. It's fucking BOY LOVES, that's why I read it.
>>
>>2971657
People also get off on rape porn, doesn't mean they want to get raped. The whole thing with omegaverse is that it's an idealised version of a trad society where conforming to the system doesn't result in any horrendous consequences that sometimes happen irl. No matter the inital hardships, in a fictional world the alpha will love the housewife mate forever and will never subject him to stuff like unemployment following a divorce or leave him if the child gets born severely disabled. The sex will never get stale because of heats and cheating is impossible bc of bonding. Given that most of us grow up hearing a lot about trad family ideals, it's not very surprising there are people willing to experiment with a scenario where they don't have their irl drawbacks.
>>
>>2971729
See putting omegaverse like that is annoying because fujos also shit on tradwifey fictional girls in shounen, but shlick off when the tradwife is a boy that gets horny every month instead of bleeding. I’d rather have the kink be about uncontrollable week of horniness instead of “what if it’s the idealized 50s marriage but tradwife is a assbirthing femboy”.
>>
Is there any dark/edgy omegaverse if its generally sweet and saccharine? The one where he discovers his fated pair is the little oblivious shota was neat just because of it shaking it up. "One sided" fated pairs, or just awkward angles like "uh oh my fated pair is my mom/dad/this trashed 90s motorbike"
>>
>>2971780
Theres a TON out there like that. This board has a very narrow view of what omegaverse can be. They heard 'mpreg' and said 'this genre is not for me' and I don't blame them for it but there's actually a lot of really intersting stuff out there that plays with the 'fated pair' trope or with the 'uncontrollable horniness' or the gender hierarchy aspects of the genre.

Couple of darker ones I enjoyed that involve fated pairs are:
Shounen No Kyoukai by Akabeko
Altruist by Ayahira Satoru
Ai to Makoto by Moriyo
>>
>>2971773
Probably because tradwifey fictional girls in shonen are made as a dude's fantasy about a similar thing, but with none of the 'improvements' listed above. Not saying it means it's rational to hate on them, but I get why they don't appeal to girl target.
>>2971780
Kami-sama Nanka Shiranai Bokura no Eden is quite good in terms of analyzing omegaverse a bit more, and if you want an edgy take then Curtain Call ni wa Mada Hayai by Omaru is nice.
>>
>>2971780
I don't like most omegaverse and don't seek it out, but I agree with this >>2971781 anon. I'd even say I've seen more edgy stuff around than saccharine.
>>
>>2971781
And a good amount of omegaverse content is just funny. Like it's aware of it's own absurdity. Like There's No Way this is Fate by Chifuyu or Teijo Academy. Thematically ABO is as diverse as the wider genre of BL is. There's just a lot of garbage to sift through before you find the good stuff.
>>
>>2971789
Yeah, I think same as any BL sub-genre, there’s stuff that’s actually interesting because they’re non-conventional.

I’m shallow so I look for whatever has my type of characters (buff ukes, oyajis, masc men) and while most of omegaverse doesn’t cater to the body type I like, I’ve seen it be done from time to time and I’ve found them interesting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.