[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

French fries may be the king of fast food sides, but potatoes au gratin is the king of home cooked sides.
>>
>bacon
>side dish
bastardized american version of a french classic
>>
File: images (11) (24).jpg (51 KB, 394x778)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>20503963
Would be better with small daps of cream cheese inside and bits of jalepenos, maybe ham if not bacon. Bit more toasted on top.

Add some "rooster sauce", whatever its called.
>>
that looks really good anon, hope you enjoy
>>
>>20503940
ok
>>
>>20503940
>French fries may be the king of fast food sides
Baked potato with brocolli. About as much effort as potatoes au gratin.

Cheap meal.
>>
>>20503963
It was never a main dish. I don’t understand your complaint.
>>
>>20503940
>potatoes au gratin
Is that what it's called? My brother just calls it cheesy potatoes and it's my autistic nephew's favorite food
>>
>>20504011
>daps
Are you going to give the au gratin an elaborate urban handshake?
>>
>>20506699
checked
>>
>>20506687
>Is that what it's called?
I have always seen it called au gratin, but also
on menus as potatoes dauphinoise.
>>
>>20506704
>What is the difference between potato dauphinoise and gratin?
>Potato dauphinoise is made with uncooked, thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a cream sauce, whereas potato au gratin is made with pre-cooked, thinly sliced potatoes in a cream sauce. The only real difference is one is pre-cooked, and the other isn't.
>>
File: 1709041588759.png (178 KB, 486x486)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>20503940
>>
I've never liked it. A good mash is better than the average oh grah tan. And since most mashes not made with instant flakes are good, that really tells you something. Also, where's the gratin part? You just topped it with cheese.
>>
>>20507330
Upon a simple Google, it's kinda weird but looks like despite the name, potato gratin aren't typically topped with breadcrumbs. How odd. I've always had it with a crunchy topping of breadcrumb on top of the cheese
>>
>>20506713
I'm >>20507330/>>20507337
I thought dauphinoise, besides being uncooked, want topped with breadcrumbs and gratin was both par-cooked potato and topped with breadcrumbs.
>>
>>20503940
Where I live we just call those cheezy potatoes.
>>
>>20503940
that's a sandwich
>>
>>20504149
Broccoli is a shit tier vegetable and you can't convince me that it doesn't taste like farts disguised as a tiny tree
>>
ITT American cooklets
>>
>>20503940
You must put the patatoe's slices verticaly in the pot because it is the liquid who cooks the slices.
>>
>>20503940
>au gratin

>either shred up some potatoes, or buy frozen shredded up hasbrowns
>small can of cream of potato soup
>cup of shredded cheddar
>1/4 cup of butter
>1/4 cup of sour cream
>dice up an onion
>add whatever else you want
>mix in a casserole dish, spread it out, place into an oven and cook.
>crunchy top? Cover with corn flakes un-sweetened cereal before baking.
>350F for 45 minutes.
bone apple Pete.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.