[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have two of these that are rather old. Anyone have tips on how I could turn them into a skate board or where I could find another wheel to make a three wheeled board? I dont wanna spend any money just use junk I find. Also what are other things you can build out of found junk?
>>
File: IMG_20240505_001036457.jpg (1.8 MB, 2448x3264)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
>>2795728
Those type of rollers are found under old beds. If you have three of them I'd make a tri-board-bump. You'd be able to do some nifty tricks with it! I'm sure you know this part but here goes! Take/Make a sturdy triangular fitting wooden board then screw those wheels in the respected areas. Preferably cut off the corners to the triangle board and add protective plastic better yet rubber to it's ends. Fit the bump beneath at it's center. Painting it for personal design and optional. Be sure to make it small enough for you to peddle with your feet. Other things you can create with common junk is for example take bed springs tin foil and an old fan to make a television satellite.

"Ponyboy was never found in the book." - ???

Fun thread! If you have a pic of the object you created would you mind posting it?
>>
>>2795728
They would not hold up to that and you would end up feeling the concrete with your chin.
>>
>>2795728
I can tell you why it won’t work well

1/ those are meant for minimal rolling adjustments on a carpeted surface. Plastic is hard and inflexible, unlike wheels designed for skateboards. Board wheels have ball bearings, this has a crappy axle that was never designed to handle 500 RPM or whatever.

2/ mounting is fucked. These are designed to be mounted vertically into the bottom of a leg of a bed. They are design to support vertical stress. You will be applying horizontal stress as well. Whatever you mount it in will tear the fuck out

I don’t know why I m replying to this bait thread, but it pissed me off enough to
>>
I was moving offices at work a few years ago and instead of unloading all of the crap from the little three-drawer cabinets we have that fit under the desks, I decided to roll mine over and just swap the whole cabinet. I only had to go halfway across the building, maybe 1000 feet, carpeted.

About 3/4 of the way there the axle on one of these style casters gave way and the wheel blew out. I went to go pick up the wheel+axle to fix or toss it and it was hot enough from friction to burn my hand.

You should totally make a skateboard, it would be really entertaining
>>
>>2795785
>You should totally make a skateboard, it would be really entertaining
yreah i think ill make a youtube video of it
>>
>>2795728
I work at a resale shop and we have a whole bin of these wheels in every size you can imagine and they're stupid cheap
go to a resale shop and spend a little pocket change to get more wheels
or just trash them because honestly this idea will end up in you losing your teeth on the pavement
>>
>>2795728
That would be the worst worst skateboard.
Like even a skateboard that's been snapped in half is worth more.
>>
>>2795785
Ironically, even with all of the various purpose designed furniture dollies and similar rolling aids avaliable for moving bulky stuff, a skateboard is one of the most useful and adaptable devices you could have on hand for this kind of work.

I have a longboard that I optimized for getting towed by my dog, that has 4" scooter wheels instead of skateboard wheels for minimal rolling resistance and to minimize locking up on gravel and other debris...thar means it has plenty of ground clearance to go over thresholds and not high center on bumps and at the top of ramps like a typical board. It also has a large kick tail that lets me use it to pry the corners of large items off the ground just like a hand truck.

I always bring it with me when moving anything and people always comment on how glad they are that I did when we can just roll a 6' wide French door unit or machine tools with little more than the effort needed to balance them, on far rougher surfaces than casters can negotiate.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.