[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024-05-11-18-20-44-153.jpg (2.24 MB, 4000x3000)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
These things are just junk, right? I bought this 4 pack thinking it would be sufficient for a small indoor grow of pot(1 panel per plant) but when i actually received it, i saw it was a USB A plug, so its limited to 2.5amps, which means its total wattage would be limited to 12.5watts, right?
(in my defence, when i bought it it didnt specify it was USB A, so i figured it would be USB C and use PD... so more like 100watts in total.)
>>
>>2799208
You won't know until you measure their amp draw, chang could just as well connect 4 10W panels to one USB port and not give a shit.
The same size panels they sell for 220V are supposedly 5W each.
>>
use all 4 on 1 plant
>>
>>2799208
Hook up and measure. Cheng does not follow standards. Maybe just needs s higher powered driver.
>>
File: 2024-05-11-18-22-43-530.jpg (2.14 MB, 4000x3000)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>2799209
>chang could just as well connect 4 10W panels to one USB port and not give a shit.
Thats what they did. All 4 of the barrel connectors meet in the control box thing, which then plugs into a single USB A port.

>>2799214
I guess, but even that prob. isnt sufficient for growing a single plant...
(obviously it looks dim in the pic since the camera light-adjusts, but it still does not seem very bright in person)
>>
File: Snapchat-2094258086.jpg (837 KB, 1512x2688)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>2799208
grow tomatoes with it to test. it'll take like a week for seedlings to start.

i recommend the IKEA grow lightbulb. i use that and it works great
>>
>>2799222
btw this setup cost me like 30$
>>
>>2799222
>i recommend the IKEA grow lightbulb

I hear there are dwarf versions of lots of plants.
>>
These lights greatly improve your ability to see your plant die
>>
>>2799209
>>2799208
USB-A is rarely more than mid-2’s, I’m sure you got chang’d. The USB testers are cheap enough if you want to confirm your suspicions, even this Klein one was like $10-$15 IIRC, and there’s more versatile ones on Amazon/Ebay and such.

I would be curious if one panel draws 2A alone and they dim as you hook up the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Because maybe you could get a bigger USB brick with more outputs and try to wire each one to a rekt USB plug from a dead phone charger.
>>
>>2799236
That messy ass work bench has me triggered
Kevin Van Dumb
>>
>>2799281
that’s what a bench looks like when you’re working on something. I understand it’s uncommon on this board.
>>
>>2799281
I dont mind the mess, but the top surface of it is gross af... Put some cork or vinyl pads over it.
>>
>>2799313
Said the slob
My tools are placed on my bench as if im in surgery. Its called “ Professionalism “
I shudder to think what your finger nails look like
>>
>>2799236
>>2799313
>that’s what a bench looks like when you’re working on something.
>tools look spotless
>>
>>2799313
>I'm a messy nigger.
>t. Kevin Van Faggot
>>
I just got 2 meters of 60W per meter 4800K LED stripes along with some heatsink extrusions and slide on linear lenses. Powered by a 24V meanwell PSU. If plants were my only considerstion I'd get +6000K LEDs, but that light is fucking annoying.

If you are reslly serious get >90 CRI, +6000 Kelvin COB LEDs and build a light with proper reflectors. Use a current limiting PSU and underdrive the LEDs to 80% duty cycle so they will last forever. Hope it helps.
>>
Yeah, OP, just use those ones for supplemental lighting, small seedlings, and clones. You can get a decent Chinese made light on Amazon for between 80-350 dollars depending on wattage. Always look at the true wattage and not the equivalent wattage rating. Expect about 1 gram per true watt with LED and mediocre care, and figure out how much your desired yield is. Whether you're growing tomatoes or cannabis, you don't have to put in a lot of money or effort, just a fair bit of love.

My first grow setup was a two drawer filing cabinet, some reflective mylar bubble wrap, 12 of the 8.5 watt 5000k household A19 base lightbulbs with the globes removed, and a small 5v computer fan for air extraction. Got me a decent three ounces on my first harvest, and then moved on to a bigger setup. Ultimately the hastily rigged up filing cabinet was just to see if I could do it, dedicated grow tent is gardening on easy mode. Good luck and have fun, anon.
>>
>>2799208
What is the spectrum analysis on the diodes? Temperature analysis is fine for CFLs and arc lamps, but diodes are a lot more specific. If the panels don't provide the correct range for your specific plant, actual light intensity won't matter.
I've found that you need a wide blue-band for early vegetative growth, and you shift the profile to more red during fruiting.
>>
>>2799579
this is the listing i bought from(yeah, i deserve to get burned buying from that place...)
>https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099551443283
I can return them with free shipping, which i'm thinking i'll probably do later in the week. Not a lot of cash, but paying ANYTHING for whats essentially garbage isnt a smart move...
(I now realize i was totally ignorant to how much this entire thing would cost.)
>>
>>2799623
>I can return them with free shipping, which i'm thinking i'll probably do later in the week.

god I hate return fags. especially in this case because you say it's not a lot of cash. (I tried the gay assed link but some security garbage wanted me to solve a puzzle or some shit). My stupid assed mom thinks it's normal to order a bunch of clothes and send back the ones that don't fit perfectly or look as nice as she expected. Guess what mom, I'm paying for your silly shopping mode whenever I order something.

If you order something and it's broken or not what they said, by all means return it. But if you, in your stupidity, ordered the wrong thing, keep it and learn how to be an adult. Oh wait, you're a kid trying to grow weed with a crappy little light. Carry on.
>>
>>2799628
Thanks for the life advice, dad.
>>
>>2799628
You know thats already baked into the cost, right? Plus, its temu, so who gives a fuck if it costs them money. The ethical thing for EVERYONE to do at this moment is buy and return as much shit as possible from temu, to cost them even more money. Currently each other ends up costing them(as in net "profit") something like $80. We should try to bump that up to $800 with as much non-fraudulent antics as we can.
>>
>>2799230
Criminally underrated lmao
>>
>>2799313
>>2799236
Are you also bepis? Am I imagining this?
>>
>>2799628
You sound very upset. That must be a wicked yeast infection.
>>
>>2800266
His name is Michael; try to keep up.
>>
>>2799208
You’re going to want more power. You can still use these for cloning/seedlings or use them to light plants from the sides with a stronger light overhead. My last couple grows were hps but that was 4/5 years ago. Can you even still get ballasts? So much easier in my opinion and if you wire the ballast in a remote location from the light, it’s far easier to control heat. Get a “cool tube” if you can still find those and you can get a 600watt less than a foot above the canopy without burning them.
>>
>>2799628
Stay mad goy/chang
>>
File: 1704173874650966.jpg (125 KB, 872x1031)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
on the topic of retards buying LED arrays, I got like 20 of these things a few years back and finally want to grow shit with them. Will these actually be any good? My original plan had 2 arrays with 10 each but I have no idea if i'm better off just blasting shit with all 20 at once

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.