[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4864.jpg (282 KB, 1080x1349)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
Annon how do I draw like the great Kim Jung gi

Yes I know practice but like HOW do I practice
>>
trace, draw from reference, draw from memory
every single one of his drawings, twice or more
>>
You’re one of “those”….

How much supreme do you own?
>>
File: IMG_4866.jpg (1.06 MB, 930x1398)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>7169038
Tbh this is all you need to do.

That’s how anyone can copy a style. Granted it becomes your own style at that point because it isn’t one for one anymore.
Gi focused alot on anatomy and drawing that a lot. He didn’t draw those drawings he’s known for most of the time. He drew body parts from different angles.

So just draw from different angles.
>>
File: 1702772213390.jpg (607 KB, 1440x1800)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
Can you already be drawing on this level, at 16 years old?
No?
Well tough luck pal, guess you don't have Gi's talent.
Same way in there being no point trying to start tennis now hoping you'll catch up to Federer.
>>
>>7169036
post your attempts at copying that drawing and I'll try to judge which fundamentals you are lacking
>>
File: IMG_4496.jpg (728 KB, 1290x1205)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>7169048
Tell that to all the older art artists drawing like this for first year or two of drawing.

Very brain rot way of thinking.
>>
File: IMG_4867.jpg (290 KB, 1290x1156)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>7169050
This is the last thing I drew

Tbh completely fair in horrible at drawing real people or body parts

And I usually draw monsters lol
>>
>>7169048
>talent

Talent is only talent because you practice. Everyone is shit at first.
>>
>>7169070
those drips on the bottom look nice anon
>>
>>7169083
Thanks pookie

Trying to transition into drawing more things and expand but I’m kinda hardheaded in the struggle of progressing into drawing people and stuff
>>
>>7169070
Sounds like you answered your own question annon

Also cool monster thing
>>
>>7169036
>Yes I know practice but like HOW do I practice
All of your time for the rest of your life. What exactly are you expecting here? KJG had drawn for thousands and thousands of hours before he had even stopped being a teen. Have you done that? Then you're fooling yourself by thinking you can draw like KJG. How about you succeed at drawing like yourself.
>>
>>7169036
I can't even imagine how to draw all the random shit KJG draws. Its easy to draw anything if everything you draw looks good. If I tried this, what are the chances I come up with "ok I'm going to draw 4 people, an old man, a pregnant woman in a green dress, an old lady with a gun, a kid, and then I'm going to draw a dog over here". It takes days to come up with one idea.

If you just draw random things in the moment without planning, then you literally have NO COMPOSITION, yet his stuff clearly has composition. He's drawing randomly but it looks good? So its not random??? Then you are relying on your natural creativity which is genetic.

Did KJG construct everything in this drawing? Did he use a separate reference for every single person, every single piece of clothing, the chainsaw, the dogs? Is there a reference out there of a pregnant woman holding a gun? I have never seen him erase something, so he just draws everything the first time like he memorized it before hand. How can you learn to do that? That's like walking down the street remembering details like a time traveller and stepping out of the way when a car would have splashed water on you. I would spend an hour on one person in this drawing looking at references learning how to draw it for the first time because if you want to draw something original and dynamic then it has to be new.
>>
>>7169036
Draw from life for decades.
>>
>>7169036
Chinchun gi?
That's not the president of north Korea?
>>
>>7169048
Kim said he was doing memory drawings since Kindergarten.

He would try to draw playground slides from imagination, realize he couldn't do it, then at school he'd study how to do it. Then he'd go home and continue drawing full-fledged perspective scenes.

Probably 0 people on /ic/ had that level of devotion back in kindergarten, much less keeping it up for their whole lives
>>
>>7169475
>Probably 0 people on /ic/ had that level of devotion back in kindergarten
I did, but towards lego...
>>
File: IMG_3111.png (48 KB, 159x224)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>7169036
You probably came to the worst place to ask for advice because as you can see

People are relatively really annoying and sheltered to the point where asking for help or advice leads to just crucifying someone for not doing “enough” or having enough “talent”

I mean this not to be a dick but maybe you should ask reddit.

Plus most people on this board can’t draw for shit let alone anything that isn’t anime pussy or furry shit.
>>
File: IMG_9291.jpg (38 KB, 567x552)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7169423
Touch grass, it isn’t that serious.
>>
KJG said he would see something on his way to work, draw it when he got to work, the next day he'd see that thing again and notice what he got wrong and draw it again to correct it, repeat
So do lots of master studies and memory drawings. Oh and I think he said he would sit on the second floor of coffee shops and draw people looking down at them to help with perspective.
>>
>>7169036
Understand fisheye perspective and you'll begin to get it. You can only learn this by drawing from life as this is how your eyes perceive things, focus on your peripheral and view a scene from one angle only when drawing. Drawing boxes helps but you need to perceive the space itself, this is why exercises where you rotate a box are so important. Peter Han and Krenz Cushart have some exercises that help with this. It should be intuitive.
>>
File: IMG_8301.jpg (251 KB, 1200x872)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>7169036
Like >>7169038 said. Train, train, train!
>>
File: IMG_8303.jpg (235 KB, 1200x872)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>7173417
>>
File: IMG_8304.jpg (266 KB, 1200x872)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>7173419
>>
File: IMG_8302.jpg (495 KB, 2048x1639)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>7173421
>>
>>7169036
Pick a pen or a brush pen and draw without any thought or general idea.
>>
>>7169036
Memorize things.

Kim said he memorizes every single parts in a car. Thats how he draws without reference.

Also dont care about being super anatomically correct. Real people arent anatomically correct anyways.

Also watch everything in your life with attention to detail. Think that you will draw it later from memory. Do this on literally everything you see.

Learn perspective and practice until you are able to make accurate perspective without guided lines
>>
>>7169038
How did he draw from memory that girl shitting in the toilet?
Serious question no cap fr fr

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.