[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Acts of Basedness.png (159 KB, 264x444)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Terrorism Deterrence edition

Previous: >>61464388

Lying about criminal history = BAD
Lying about medical history = GOOD
Marine Corps = BASED
Intel/Cyber = POZZED

>Resources:
>Free ASVAB Practice Tests
https://www.asvabpracticetests.com/

>Fort Jackson Army Basic Training Guide (Nov. 2020)
https://pastebin.com/yg972vRE (embed) (Short version)
https://pastebin.com/53tsDj90 (embed) (40 page version)

>Special Forces Fitness Guide
http://specialforcesrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/THOR3-10-Week-Program.pdf
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/sfart.htm#:~:text=PT%3A%20Every%20other%20day.,of%2040%20to%2050%20reps).

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>https://mega.nz/folder/ZQhQDLQA#SrCZyqNQiomnG4DsTzcNMg
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS, as well study guides for ASTB-E

>https://bogidope.com/civilian-to-guard-or-reserve/the-ultimate-military-pilot-career-path-part-1/
Airforce Pilot guide - just do AFROTC, political science major, 4.0 with athletics is auto-acceptance

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No, you'll get cancer and a prolapsed asshole. http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Two year long school with suicidal furries, you never get to leave your boat, zero job prospects.

>BEFORE ASKING ABOUT CLEARANCES READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

>How to get way overqualified physically for BMT/BCT when starting from nothing
https://pastebin.com/yGzadpNZ (embed)

>Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)
>>
>>61540162
What specific question about job selection did you have left? CG OCS gives assignments based on what open billets exist in the fleet that cycle, how you ranked them by preference, and what your class rank was (PT/test scores/etc). There is no secret sauce besides weird edge cases like co-locating married servicemembers.
What are you looking for career wise that the Navy doesn't offer?
>>
Wtf are these post bin fucking threads? They all have a title and a fuck ton of links? The only sticky thread like this that I like is for the /fit/ board. Like wtf is this?
>>
File: Reddit Tumor.png (53 KB, 571x618)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>61540333
This general came into existence due to Reddit encroachment.
>>
>>61540333
How fucking new are you? /meg/ has been around for like 10 years.
>>
>>61540472
Whats the fucking point? OP just copy pastes this crap and the thread blows up? That shits retarded as fuck nigga.
>>
>>61540472
YOU HEAR ME?
>>
>>61540487
You are so new it hurts, jesus christ learn how to act you fucking moron.
>>
>>61540597
>learn how to act you fucking moron.
Oh im so sorry for not respecting your fucking online club house bitch. I hope you never serve a day in ur life cunt. i hope u dont fucking report me on 4chan.
>>
>>61540319
Hey it's me.
>What are you looking for career wise that the Navy doesn't offer?
The Navy offered me intel, but in the reserves. I want full time, but it's damn near impossible to get intel active duty right now.
So, you get your job based on your performance in OCS...that's interesting. I spoke with the Navy recruiter, and she said that after I get through MEPs next week, I can always just switch branches. I went to college for intelligence - Cyber is good too. That's what I want. If the CG can't guarantee that, then I may shop around once medically cleared.

There's always interservice transfer
>>
>>61540487
>filtered by the concept of pastebin links
Damn. Maybe a board like /b/ or /vt/ is more your speed.
>>
>>61540740
>>filtered by the concept of pastebin links
more like why would i contribute to a thread copy pasted by someone who just wants yous
>>
File: 1713950178372818.jpg (24 KB, 800x450)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>61540746
Can you read? Do the words in the OP post make sense to you? Or did you see a bunch of links and instantly make a reply to seethe about them without understanding their purpose?
>>
>>61540813
Yes it means how to recruit for the army. I thought we hate the army and its recruiters
>>
>>61540827
>I thought we hate the army and its recruiters
People who belong on this site do. Not the invaders from Reddit.
>>
>>61540746
this nigga just found out what a general thread is. POINT AND LAUGH AT THE TOURIST GENTLEMEN
>>
Hol up, what's the point of a thread where everyone just calls themselves Anonymous?
>>
OP, you realize that we all knew the "camaraderie" spam threads were you from the first time you made one, right?

Who else would be so angry and inflexible that they would copypaste the same thread, verbatim, about how they took an enemy power's domestic propaganda bait hook line and sinker because it appealed to wish fulfillment fantasies about revenge heroics and going against The Man?

What you can't get through your skull is that the majority of this board ALSO thinks the regulars of /meg/ are huge fuckin dorks. We just think you're far, far below bottom of the barrel, and the military made the right call in booting your ass. People who can't even hack it in one of the only institutions that will take almost anyone are exceptionally low quality, unfit for anything but suicide.
>>
>>61541261
Newfags get out!
>>
>>61540252
These threads are just vatnik posting now
>>
>>61542930
It's just one obsessed retard who got booted from basic training.
>>
File: 93EUCOO.png (1012 KB, 1920x1040)
1012 KB
1012 KB PNG
>>61543028

Why can't mods just rangeban all of this nigger's IPs and be done with it? He's obviously ban-evading.
>>
File: 1688600358039803.gif (449 KB, 220x177)
449 KB
449 KB GIF
>>61542602
Are you persecuting his basedness right now?

>>61540827
> I thought we
You don't have to think, just shut the fuck up and stop pretending to be a janitor.
>>
Wow this thread is really fucking shitty
>>
>>61544238
OP is a faggot
>>
>>61542602
>OP, you realize that we all knew the "camaraderie" spam threads were you from the first time you made one, right?
When did I ever pretend otherwise?
>Who else would be so angry and inflexible that they would copypaste the same thread, verbatim, about how they took an enemy power's domestic propaganda bait hook line and sinker because it appealed to wish fulfillment fantasies about revenge heroics and going against The Man?
Otto von Bismarck once said "I have spent the whole night hating". One would be hardpressed to find a rural conservative white who couldn't respond to that with a "bitch please". Hate is the emotion of the will to power and the will to power is the main drive of people as Nietzsche said, in contrast to that degenerate kike Freud. In fact, I question if hate should even be considered an emotion, considering how no one who has held onto hate has ever suffered for it.
>>
>>61544435
You're posting on an anonymous imageboard, settle down, kiddo.
>>
>>61542602
Does the retard have a name? Is there some qrd on him in the archive or can you quickly drop one for me?
>>
>>61544762
Don't remember his name, but >>61542602 is correct. He posted his discharge papers one day which showed that he had an entry level discharge, meaning he didn't even make it through boot camp. Pretty sure he posted a pic of himself in an Army shirt one day and he looked like the textbook definition of an autist. Ever since then he's been making these threads, fucking up the sticky, using demoralizing OP pics and titles (for example, one thread had a still of the D-Day scene from Saving Private Ryan showing the Americans getting mowed down by an MG-42 and the title of the thread was "/meg/: This Is You Edition" or some shit like that) and posting in them, rambling incoherently about "basedness". He's salty that he got kicked out so now he's trying to demoralize people into not joining.
He is pretty easy to spot when he posts. If you hang out here long enough, you'll see what I mean. I don't want to explicitly say what it is about his posts that makes him easy to identify so he doesn't try to hide it (implying he would even have the wisdom to do so). But trust me, you'll figure it out.
I really wish I saved the images of his face/discharge papers. I'm sure someone here has them.
>>
Got PT today with other corps entryists, first time showing up. Wonder how long the waivers will take to clear. Got 3 of them
>>
Is it a bad idea to join at 25 strictly for idealistic reasons?
>>
>>61540333
/pol/troons think all of 4chan works like there.
>>
Anything else I should pack besides what is listed on the packing list my recruiter gave me? I'm going to Ft Sill.
>>
>>61545805
Also, if (for example) the packing list says to bring one pair of socks, will I get in trouble for bringing more than 1? Is this recommended?
>>
>>61542602
I thought it was some kind of in-thread joke to put demoralizing shit in the OP didn't know you guys had a resident faggot too
>>
>>61545350
Wtf is a corps entryist you mouthbreathing retard
>>
>>61545805
>>61545830
it doesn't matter, its all going to get locked up as soon as you get to reception. you will be given a bunch of uniform crap and brought to the shoppette to buy everything else you need while you're at 95th AG in vessey hall. you won't see your civilian clothes again until you graduate.
I recommend bringing as little as possible because you're going to have to drag it with you along with all your army crap when you move to AIT.
>>
>>61540252
any of you vets got regrets on gwot?
also hows my life as a 11x gonna look like -_-
>>
>>61540252
Good afternoon gentlemen,

My friend (not me, I'm already a doorkicker in CAG) is interested in joining the military (any branch), but is a military child with pages of military medical records of everything being wrong with him, thus disqualifying him from joining. How does he get around this?
Surely he'd try to enlist and the recruiter wouldn't even have to request his medical records, they'd already have access to them, no?
>>
>>61545037
Thanks, anon. I dunno if i actually expected something else, but thing do be like that sometimes.
>>
File: s-stop.png (710 KB, 1080x1056)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>61546866
here's a flashy image to get your attention to my important question
>>
>>61540252
If I just wanna be a supply marine reservist they dont do helicopter dunker school or whatever right?
>>
>>61546053
I learned the term was poolie today, forgot it when the recruiter talked to me a month ago. I'm a nosebreather, but I am a bit of a retard.
Had a good time, kicked my ass but I liked that.
>>
File: wtf.png (559 KB, 894x642)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>recruitment?
>>
>>61548768
milk truck has arrived
>>
>>61548768
ArOOmy
>>
Can a reservist go full time? or can one volunteer constantly to be "full time"?
>>
How soon do they shave your head at Naval OCS? I have pretty long hair and don't want it in my face, but I can't be fucked to get a haircut right before they shave it all off.
>>
>>61549097
Guard has AGR, I think the reserves has an equivalent. You can also just apply to switch to active duty but it's not a guaranteed thing.
>>
File: channels4_profile.jpg (141 KB, 900x900)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>61540252
I'm trying to join the USCG, I talked to a recruiter and they said I'm all good except that I went to therapist and I told him I wanted to kms one time. Is that something that a therapist would write down? If it is will MEPS go through therapy notes? If they see that what should I do? All my recruiter said is if I say I was suicidal at MEPS I will be DQd. He didn't say I should lie, just what would happen if I admitted to it.
>>
>>61551859
Deny everything. If something comes up at MEPS, take care of it via a waiver. But don't pre-emptively cause them to have to process a waiver.
>>
File: 1706626694384143.jpg (149 KB, 634x738)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>61548768
>>
File: 1706624791526141m.jpg (122 KB, 1024x766)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>61549097
Are you a reservists now?
>>
>>61549493
I think it was Day 2, the first day is just a checkin day. Feel free to ask me any Navy OCS questions or questions about flight school.
>>
>>61540252
When re-enlisting, can I change my mos and also use an option? I want to change from combat arms to 42a when i resign and use option 4.
>>
>>61554601
No, as far as I'm aware. You can choose one option only, meaning either duty station of choice, school of choice, or reclass, but not multiple. Drug deals for joocy contracts exist but idk how to get one.
Also why 42A? Seems like a shit MOS, not gonna lie.
>>
>>61554601
Why 42A? I would not wish that on my worst enemy.
>>
>>61545457
no
>>
>>61549090
Lol
>>61548931
the ICE cream ship
>>
>>61551859
I go to MEPs next week. Keep your mouth shut and deny everything. Unless you have an actual medical history like a surgery, keep quiet.
>>
In the process of enlisting into the Air Force. Was anybody on here required to list an aptitude? I scored a fucking 96 on the asvab and am forced to list an open contract on MY dream sheet that is actually half theirs because they also require you to pick half of your jobs from an in demand list. What the fuck is this
>>
>>61555414
Air Force leans heavily into "Needs of the Air Force" then any other branch. You WILL get a shitty in demand job. Should have joined the Navy, anon--at least their shitty jobs (nuke) give you a $50,000 sign on bonus.
>>
>>61555474
I haven’t signed anything and haven’t sworn into dep yet. Calling recruiter tomorrow and confirming if I have to list one. If I do, I’m walking next door. The paper I got this info from is 4 months old though so I’m praying to god he says that it’s outdated or something. Apparently these things change often
>>
>>61555603
Air Force cope, enjoy a maintenance flavor--unless you're okay with waiting for a necessary tech school to open (good luck figuring that out). Though QOL in the Air Force is much higher so even a bad job may serve you well.
>>
>>61555414
Yeah dude 6 years ago I tried air force got a 96 asvab and a 116 dlab, was promised a linguist job but signed an open contract, week into basic training was reclassified into a plane electrician.
>>
0317 in the marines here, i'll answer questions if anyone is interested in the infantry pipeline
>>
>>61555844
Did you intend on 0317 going in or did they put you there? What's the best 03 job in your opinion?
>>
File: IMG_3184.jpg (16 KB, 255x306)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>61555651
Yeah I’m coping hard lol
>>
>>61555930
I am originally an 0311, but a little before my first deployment, the scout sniper platoon ran a screener for any grunts interested in joining the STA platoon. I was put in and after the deployment the battalion selected me and a few others to go to scout sniper school. To answer your, question, no, I did not originally intend to be an 0317 when I joined but I went for it when presented with the opportunity. I may be biased, but I truly think that 0317s and marines in scout sniper platoons are the best infantrymen the DoD has to offer, obviously excluding SOCOM cats. You really go deep into what it is to be an 03; snipers are definitely some of the most adaptable and competent grunts out there.
>>
>>61555603
You are too stupid for the air farce if you think a recruiter won’t just lie to you to make mission
>>
>>61555844
Whats the criteria for doing helicopter dunker training? Say if you are a supply reservist then they don’t do it cuz its more of a high-speed mos thing right?
>>
>>61556168
>Whats the criteria for doing helicopter dunker training?
The helo dunker is unit and MOS dependent. In my unit, it's a deployment requirement or everyone and we have to do it once every two years. You get a little card certifying you've done it. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think a supply reservist will ever have to do it unless he deploys.
>>
>>61555414
>>61555474
Wat? They can just change your job on you after you sign the contract? What's the point then?
>>
>>61540252
Easy and chill MOS in the army that will get you stationed in Germany?
>>
Will any mercenary groups accept oldfags? I'm 41 years old and by every metric, I've "made it" but I am finding it to be...unfulfilling. Call it a mid life crisis, the last chance to slake a lifelong thirst for adventure, the need to conquer an obstacle for the joy of the struggle, or a homeric wish for a beautiful death. Whatever.
I'm in outstanding physical shape, athletic, and excellent shooter, but I have no military training.
Will any PMC give me a second look?
Where do I go to get training, and will I need to lie about my age? Nobody has ever guessed my age fwiw, they all say early 30's.
Serious question, not a passing fancy.
>>
>>61557603
Ukraine foreign legion, guaranteed to fight if you seriosuly want to and you'll go to heaven for slaying russian orcs
>>
>>61553674
Is there anything special I should be doing to prepare for either OCS or flight school? I'm Air Force enlisted and have gone through some physically demanding schools, and I got a 7/7/8 on the ASTB, but I don't know what weaknesses I might have that I'd be able to work on.
>>
imagine dying for Israel lmao
>>
>>61555844
I'm enlisting as 03, hopefully 11 but what are the chances of getting switched to some other position?
>>
>>61557992
Age limit is 60 and no experience required, this the quickest and most legit way for you
>>
>>61558360
more than half of people in my platoon became an 11, but the MOS split in IMC is based on the needs of the corps. They review your training outcomes and pick an MOS for you based on that.
>>
>>61558265
Don't underestimate the physical stuff. You should be able to do HIIT (burpees/jump lunges/push ups etc) for 10 minutes without rest before you show up or you'll likely roll on first friday, the first rollable event. None of the individual events are that difficult (RLP on week 3 fucking sucks though) however tons of dudes roll just because they aren't in good enough shape. If you do roll, it's not the end of the world although your 3 weeks in H company will suck. Your goal should be to get through without rolling so you can actually graduate in 13 weeks instead of being stuck there for 6 months like some people who just keep rolling.
>>
>>61558265
>>61558810
To add on to this for the flight school portion, do you have a PPL yet? I recommend getting some civilian flight experience first, at least up to your first solo. If you've solo'd a shitbox 172 before, NIFE will be a breeze as long as you know how to study.
>>
>>61557603
You can literally join the Ukrainian Foreign Legion. And please do. Send back pics.
>>
File: 348s.jpg (34 KB, 348x348)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>61540252
Im going to Im going to MEPS pretty soon, i have had a red throat for a long time with no pain. Is that gonna be a problem at MEPS? Im trying to get rid of it. I have also thought about telling them that its because of second hand smoke exposure. I work at a prison and we have a big contraband problem and the inmates smoke a lot of different drugs. is that a bad idea?
>>
>>61559242
do not tell them anything, ever
>>
>>61559242
Step 1: Don't bring anything up
Step 2: If they bring something up, deny, deny, deny
Step 3: If they press on something, claim ignorance
I hope that helps.
>>
File: IMG_3212.jpg (247 KB, 1080x1920)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>61555414
>>61555474
>>61555603
>>61555651
>>61555817
>>61555946
MY NIGGAS I AM BACK AND MY RECRUITER ACCEPTED MY JOB LIST WITH NO APTITUDE AND A TON OF AIRCREW. HE SAID IGNORE THE PAPER. RATE MY LIST.
1: 1A1X2 Mobile Force Aviator
2: 1A1X3 Special Force Aviator
3: 1A3X1 Airborne Mission Systems Operator
4: 1A8X2 ISR Operator
5: 1C1X1 Air Traffic Controller
6: 1C8X3 RAWS
7: 1D7X1A Network Systems Operations
8: 1C5X1 Command & Control Battle Management Operations
9: 1N0X1 Operations Intel
10: 1C7X1 Airfield Management
>>
File: 171424502430287841.jpg (122 KB, 938x477)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
how important is rotc if i want to go jag?
im entering my sophomore year on track to double major econ / polisci. i have a 3.67 blah blah
i did rotc last year and it was just completely worthless, even ftx and if i continue to do it i wont be able to take some classed due to lab and class timing
does it matter to keep doing it if i dont intend to contract until im in law school?
>>
>>61560634
Finish law school then go Navy JAG. Best quality of life and spiffy uniform. I assume you went Army ROTC. You just experienced what 80% of the Army is like. The officer requirements are fairly pro forma once you have a JD.
>>
>>61557992
>>61558879
>>61558577
Should have been more specific. Not interested in a pointless meat grinder war, there's a reason I posted Mike Hoare. I'm interested in modern piracy, not being cannon fodder for the cause of global faggotry, either for NATO, or Russia for that matter. I've been around too long to be that fucking stupid.
>>
>>61540252
Hi guys I could really appreciate your help. I’m 29, in great shape, and want to join as a Marine Officer. I have 3 semesters left in or so in undergrad (classics major, with a 3.5 ish GPA). Pretty sure I can raise it to a 3.7ish before I graduate. I hear there’s a way to start the process by going to Officer Candiate Course over the summer, do you think it’s too late, and are there other programs in different seasons? I want to turn my life around as I’m living with mt Father and Brother and it’s taking it’s toll. I wanted to join as a JAG officer, but till due to the time constraint I probably won’t be able to take the LSAT before leaving the house.

Could really use some guidance with my MOS selection, because I’m thinking about Infantry Officer, but am worried about my job prospects when I get out. Because of this, what do you think about Intel? I know I’ll have to get an age waiver and retake my asvab (took it like 5 years ago when I wanted to join as enlisted and scored high enough).

Does anyone know the process of going to OCC and any advice about my MOS choice wild be sincerely appreciated. Thanks /k/.

>>pic not related
>>
>>61560848
>Piracy.
Well, look at a global shipping map. The Houthis sort of put a crimp in the piracy gig. You could be a cop in a high crime city in the US? You will probably get more gunplay.
>>
>>61560919
If you really want to do the thing, go USMC Infantry Officer. Pretty sure you just go OCS then go to the Infantry Officer school. Keep in mind, it is very physically and mentally demanding. Go talk to a USMC recruiter and tell him what you want.
>>
>>61560053
>1: 1A1X2 Mobile Force Aviator
Never heard of it
>2: 1A1X3 Special Force Aviator
Potentially cool, potentially Cannon Air Force Base
>3: 1A3X1 Airborne Mission Systems Operator
Based
>4: 1A8X2 ISR Operator
Cool
>5: 1C1X1 Air Traffic Controller
Big money on the outside
>6: 1C8X3 RAWS
Okay
>7: 1D7X1A Network Systems Operations
Based
>8: 1C5X1 Command & Control Battle Management Operations
I don't know, I was going to say chill but then I realized I was getting it mixed up with 1C3
>9: 1N0X1 Operations Intel
Based
>10: 1C7X1 Airfield Management
Shit
>>
>>61561265
Thanks for your response. What do you think about my thoughts about my MOS effecting my vocation when I get out?
>>
>>61561680
I assume you plan to finish school and become a Marine Infantry Officer. You should at least have a Secret clearance. You have a number of options getting a GS job or government contracting. The regular private sector really dgaf. Except Amazon where you could be in management and work drivers like boot Marines.
>>
>>61551859
If you actually filled out paperwork at some point and that paperwork was digitized and put into a nationally accessible system, I'm not guaranteeing but giving you some probability that it will be found and because of gov incompetency won't be found until you've started actual training, at which point you will be turned into a smelly holdover who cleans all day until they can kick your ass out. IF it's a plain simple DQ as your crooter says. IDK if it is.
>>
>>61558810
What criteria do they use for rollbacks? I mainly just lift these days, but I was planning on switching to calisthenics and running with the occasional swim a few months before I leave. I'm no stranger to it, I'm just not trained up on it these days.
>>61558821
I've got 11.7 flight hours, haven't done my first solo yet. I'm stationed in Okinawa, and that makes it hard because my flights get canceled constantly for the weather, and you have to fly to Tokyo to knock out stuff like your flight physical and written exam. I also make E-4 pay.
>>
Went in for my interview for 5j0x1 interview the other day, they ended up passing on me due to job history. Trying to put together a list of not shit jobs i could do given my MAGE is 81/84/81/82, considering 3E1X1 since it looks like civilian transferring might be easier but i do have a little some loose college credits related to IT security. what are some recommended AFSC's that i should look into? Going Air Guard Colorado specifically
>>
>>61560848
Fr kill yourself if not trolling. You can go to Ukraine or stfu army reject old guy past his prime.
>>
>>61557603
>>61560848
Embarrassing posts to make. Hard to believe you're 40+
>>
I have to run a PFT tomorrow :(
>>
>>61563307
>>61563433
>Aaaaahhhh you must choose from the menu how dare you look beyond our pathetic prefab horizons of war for corrupt oligarchs and dream of adventure and personal gain
>>
when i was sixteen i had the bright idea of telling a school counselor i had le heckin suicidal thoughts
is that going to come back and bite me in my ass? will anyone know? can they check?
>>
>>61564658
Nah that should be covered by confidentiality. You can lie about almost anything medical, as long as there was no police report involved you're good.
>>
>>61564658
Kill yourself in front of your commander
>>
>>61540333
A zigger started making them with zigger tier images for a short while now but they have been around a while.
I do think the OP is full of faggotry though.
>>
vatniks are still pretending this general is a symptom of Reddit newfags? do they not know how transparent this demoralization campaign is
>>
File: recroot.png (249 KB, 1191x700)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
I just want to inform my friends in /meg/ that white enlistment has dropped by 30% to 50% in EVERY branch of the military over just the last five years, even as black and latino enlistment has slightly ticked up!

I hope you have a nice day!
>>
How do I go about joining Hamas?
>>
>>61565667
and that's good thing, chuddie
>>
>>61565667
Why fight for a government that actively hates you?
Hope this helps
>>
>>61565691
>>61565667
>t. Jack from Wisconsin Oblast
>>
>>61565698
Here's that notorious vatnigger website, Military.com, quoting Pentagon workers (including an Undersecretary of Defense) who I presume are Russian spies!

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/01/10/army-sees-sharp-decline-white-recruits.html
>>
>>61565717
oh no I am so demoralised!
>>
>>61565691
That's a hateful a racist conspiracy theory so that can't be it.
So what's going on?
Is it video games? Do we need to crack down on anti-American rhetoric?
At some point all this political grumpiness from people hurts our national security. You have the responsibility to defend the nation you've benefitted from your whole life, regardless about your personal flawed opinion.
It's crazy, I've never seen so many angry hateful people spit on their own country. How did things get this bad?
>>
>>61565728
This. In order to save democracy and freedom, we need to curtail civil rights and suspend elections until things get under control. Trump cannot be allowed to have access to the nuclear codes, and I say that as a former Trump supporter.
>>
>>61565737
Your sarcastic shitpost doesn't prove me wrong Ivan
>>
>>61565744
I wasn't being sarcastic.
>>
>>61565728
>regardless about
ESL
>>
Can’t wait to get out this fall. USCG reserves is a joke.
>>
>>61565755
At least the coast guard sometimes helps people.
>>
>>61565760
Active duty yes. I worked multiple SAR cases while active duty but the reserves are filled with a bunch of fat bodies and order whores.
>>
>>61540252
I'm going to MEPS next week. I'm trying to join the coast guard. I took anxiety meds when I was like 14 - 15. My recruiter said I wouldn't need a waiver but I just need to explain to the MEPS doctor that I took the medicine because of like a traumatic event, instead of like needing all the time for no reason. He said there was this other girl that had a broken leg and couldn't be athlete anymore or something and she took Prozac and that was good enough for the MEPS doctor. Is that really what I should do? I'm afraid I will get nervous and say to much or the wrong thing.
>>
>>61565723
Not him, but I retired after 20+ years. The memes are real.
>>
File: 1699419315127438m.jpg (113 KB, 1024x1024)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>61565728
Bro. There is nothing worth "defending". People should join the military knowing what they are up against. Take advantage of all of the programs and benefits, but don't drink the Kool aid.
>>
>>61565779
So tell them about the traumatic event and leave it at that. They aren’t your therapist and aren’t there to help you, their only job is to see if you’ll end up shooting someone else on the firing line at range day. What rate do you want to go?
>>
>>61565779
no, you shouldn't say a single word about it retard
>>
>>61564553
If you stay ready year round then you will never be caught by surprise.

>>61565773
How about some juicy OVS or southwest border TDY, shipmate?
>>
File: Ari McGuire fentanyl.jpg (136 KB, 621x825)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Military veteran heroes, how many of your peers are currently using fent or other opiods now?

Vets go on to do great things.
>>
>>61566724
How long is a piece of string?
>>
I want to be Marine 0311. Is it possible?
>>
>>61565779
you are already fucked and will never enlist. better go to rotc or something else
>>
>>61566724
just booze you salacious faggot
>>
>>61565728
reddit guy
>>
>>61567778
I don't think it's ever been done.
>>
I haven't been to college since 2021 when it was forced online. My GPA is 2.1 currently, 15 credits. Is it possible that I can apply to an ROTC program? Haven't been back to college cause it's so expensive, and my GPA before corona was 3.8. Would I need to boost my GPA first?
>>
>>61568179
>My GPA is 2.1 currently, 15 credits. Is it possible that I can apply to an ROTC program? Haven't been back to college cause it's so expensive, and my GPA before corona was 3.8. Would I need to boost my GPA first?
Do you think they would want someone who is clearly becoming dumber to be an officer?
>>
File: 1700362403992423.jpg (32 KB, 416x340)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>61564553
I ran my first one recently. Everyone was sucking my dick because I got high 90's I was upset I didn't hit 100.
>>
>>61568196
It was synchronous online classes that were forced. It was more laziness than retardation. As I said, my GPA when it was in person was 3.8.
>>
>>61568485
>in person 3.8
>current 2.1
>laziness
Yeah how about you dont? We don't need more lazy retards commissioning. Go try and enlist.
>>
>>61568505
>Yeah how about you dont? We don't need more lazy retards commissioning. Go try and enlist.
Not that anon, but I suggest you think about the whole concept of "fragging"
You see, enlisted people don't really like it when their "superiors" are actually inferior to them...
>>
>>61567778
Perhaps
>>
>>61568179
You should enlist before wasting more money in college. Try a branch that actually gives you a good job/more money (Navy/Air Force). If you are truly smart (as the nuke program requires some of the highest ASVAB scores in the branches), the Navy's nuke program, while intensive, gives you a massive monetary bonus.
>>
I am a bodybuilder. Am I going to get soft when I start doing calisthenics and running only for OCS?
>>
>>61570961
Why would improving your overall fitness level be a bad thing?
>>
>>61568505
Listen if you know that Officers regularly use zoom/skype/teams I will never consider commissioning ever again. I'm not lazy like I was then, I work 60+ hours a week now. Just don't like synchronous online learning
>>61568935
Already on the path to enlisting, was just thinking other options, asvab is a 97. Already have years of EMT experience so I was trying to get a medical slot. From what you tell me nuke sounds good, any further information?
>>
>>61565946
I want to do GM
>>
>>61570961
No. You will actually get hard. Don't let off the grind until you can do 50 strict to the deck pushups (most bodybuilders can't), 15 dead hang pull ups (no kipping), and run 5 miles in 35 minutes. Now, the Army takes females so you should probably be ok either way, but you will get a gay job in logistics.
>>
File: IMG_20230804_091859.jpg (341 KB, 1170x2532)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>61568505
>Commissioning
You have no idea how many diversity hires are officers.
>>
I’m not cut out for ATEC. What’s the coziest job I can get in the actual Army itself with an MSEE? Also, I am helplessly retarded and don’t like talking to people. I’m still not sure how I got a master’s degree in engineering, honestly
>>
>>61560053
Pretty much what my job list looks like. I'm only interested in SMA or MFA and if I don't get it I'm going to try for a commission.
Enlisting in the AF seems retarded as fuck, I got a 98, but it seems like you're at a disadvantage when you have MORE jobs to choose from.
>>
>>61573304
Uhh army corps of engineers?
If you have a master's you should already be looking at career professional jobs, army is a stepping stone to get started so you'd be going backwards
>>
I go to MEPs on Wednesday for Coast Guard OCS. The Navy is also sniping me for ODS for intelligence. The latter is my dream job, but not Reserves. They both said that after MEPs the fun of "shopping around" for the best offer is what I should do. Does that sound right? The CG and their jack of all trades way of job placement makes me nervous, whereas the Navy is job specific. So would going reverse to secure my dream job the best way, then go active later, or just go CG and IST over to the Navy?
>>
>>61575809
If you get into navy intel as a reservist couldn't you just apply to an agency or some shit off clearancejobs?
>>
>>61575894
I don't know, but getting TS clearance would open doors to the world. I would think that I could work at an alphabet soup or contractor while in the reserves. I need you anons to get me some info
>>
File: Confused Nick Young.jpg (26 KB, 600x512)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>Met an O-3 who thinks BRS got rid of the pension and would not believe me when I told him otherwise
How did this misinformation spread so far? Why don't people look up their own retirement benefits?
>>
>>61575954
People are retarded and don't think about the future.
>>
>>61575809
You can transition from active to reserve easily but i don't think reserve->active is a thing. Unless you get lucky and string together activations/ADOS/EAD orders.
>>61575936
This could work but what are the experience requirements in an example usajobs posting you're looking at?
>>
>>61540252
Is going nuke as bad as they say it is?
>>
>>61573257
>We don't need more lazy retards
Lrn2read
>>
>>61576525
It's pretty rough. You have to work a lot more than anyone else. Sailors will complain about 8 section duty while you are on 3 section.
You'll have times where you go 5 hours on watch, 10 hours off, and you still have to do cleaning stations, GQ, sleep at some point, and find time for food. For weeks.
The plant is always hot and loud. You'll probably be hazed a bit for being new, and therefore a NUB (non-useful body). You can't really help your division with anything important until you qualify your Senior-in-Rate watchstation. You can't lead maintenance, sign others' qualifications, or stand the most important watch.
I can answer more specific questions.
I met some awesome people, and had some fun. It was pretty bad most of the time, though. The worst part was inept leadership. You're expected to correct others when wrong, since normal military subordination is inappropriate when dealing with a nuclear reactor. I got lit up for refusing to break procedures, and operating principles.
I've heard other ships were better, but there is a manning issue throughout the nuclear fleet. A lot of the issues would be helped by having more qualified personnel.
>>
>>61572329
What was you degree program?
>>
>>61576701
I dont mind the hard work, is the nuke screencap in the OP really true about the premature aging and the job market after service?
>>
>>61576720
I look older than I am, and I'm underemployed. That second one is probably my fault, and I'm working on changing it.
>>
>>61576763
well that's a bitch guess not doing that shit.
All the best to you anon hope it gets better.
>>
What happens if I refuse to answer phone calls while I'm not drilling?
>t. Had to do 3 completely different bullshit tasks today and not get paid for any of it
>Self-combustion is starting to sound real good right now
>>
>>61577274
>Officer hands typed this post
>>
>>61577332
It would be hilarious if grunts started fragging their faggy officers left and right.
>>
>>61578039
Is this meant to be a thinly veiled /pol/ post or some shit? We're clowning on (presumably) 2LT Anon drowning in Microsoft Office bullshit, not planning a fucking mutiny.
>>
>>61578235
>2024
>not planning a mutiny
obsequious and pathetic
>>
File: 1648850560478.jpg (219 KB, 700x627)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>61576720
>premature aging
I'm in my early 20's and everybody at work thought I was 30 because of my temperment and apperance. I didn't really take care of myself that well though, I was a severe alcoholic from 19-21
>>
>>61578235
He just has a very childish perspective of the world, shaped by the internet rather than life experience. You can ignore him, he'll keep shitposting whether he gets attention or not.
>>
>>61576720
I will probably have to walk with a cane in the next few years. I'm 24.
>>
File: 1651709545214.jpg (85 KB, 687x700)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I was medically retired last year with an MDD diagnosis. The re-entry code on my DD214 is "2Q"

Now that I'm out I wish I had fought it. Is there any possibility, no matter how minor, that I can re-enlist? I am full of so much guilt and shame that I ruminate over it for hours every day
>>
How do I work at the USMC MTU? How do I join the Marine Corps shooting team?
>>
>>61578888
you guys have to reply now I got quads
>>
>>61540252
turns out I've got a nut allergy. how fucked am i bros?
>>
>>61578813
>t. Faggot-ass officer terrified of what's to come
>>
File: 1649476609285.jpg (307 KB, 976x850)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>61579664
Is this nigga serious? Or is he just trying to bait? The world may never know. Either way, the idea of /pol/ types viewing the entire military as a conflict between le based right wing grunts and le cringe evil bluepilled officer corps is as hilarious as the idea of a dude who failed BOOT CAMP, the easiest part of any military career, spending literal years of his life seething about it.
>>
File: 1706844434510437.png (389 KB, 720x770)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>61540252
>no job
>no skills
>27 y/o
What's the ideal branch fellas?
>>
>>61579689
I never once signed up to be a ZOGbot lmao. I've been smoking weed since I was 16, and wasn't going to stop so I could go die in the sand for Israel.
>>
>>61579862
civilian
>>
>>61580029
someone like that could never hack it in the real world, which is why he should just join the Army or Navy and become a janitor
>>
>>61580042
Have you ever seen a budtender's tip jar?
>>
>lie about 90% of medical history, but tell air force recruiter I have shellfish allergy
>he tells me to go get medical records from the allergy doctor
>on those medical records, it also shows I have eczema
What do I do in this situation?
>>
>>61576702
General studies. Second semester in covid hit, lockdown bullshit and I didn't get the option of a refund for my classes so I forced myself to stay. Failed, tried another semester at parents suggestion, failed and decided it was a waste of money until classes were back in person. I've done online shool in 12th grade, asynchronous, easy. Finished 9 months of work in 3, I'm more of a workaholic when I can actually get all the work at once, waiting a week for new work was like edging. Moved to a red state, got an EMT course in 22 that can be transferred as credits but don't count outside colleges afaik, don't know how it affects GPA either. Been working since, love my job but it's hard on the body.
>>
What's the difference between a fusion intelligence analyst, an all-source intelligence analyst, and a normal "intelligence analyst"?
Specifically asking about Air/Space Force, but the question applies to all branches.
>>
>>61580328
fusion = help other glowniggers from different traitor-filled agencies / levels of government to violate human rights
all-source is what it sounds like
every other kind of analyst is going to something specific like sigint or whatever
>>
File: 1618114553746.jpg (39 KB, 500x492)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>61580029
Am I just too old then? Damn it I should just become a LEO.
>>
>>61580351
Which is better?
>>
Will I fuck up my career by going to behavioral health for anxiety?
>>
>>61580402
You should become a Greek Orthodox monk.
>>
>>61579899
Post a timestamped picture of your rig, bong, or even just some papers.
>>
>>61580622
Nigga what?
>>
How is 27D in the reserves?
>>
>>61580620
Probably, but more importantly you'll fuck up your relations with everyone you're working with. Therapy is a trap designed to get you to self-incriminate, as it were.
>>
>>61580867
How would I fuck up my relations with the people I work with? And I'm not doing anything wrong, I just have a hard time focusing and I'm anxious and stressed a lot
>>
>>61580328
I was non-intel in an intel unit and this is my possibly incorrect interpretation:
Fusion analysts put workable products together from other analysts' data points. All-source analysts have a massive range of jobs, but are stereotyped as PowerPoint nerds.
>GEOINT guy catches out of place Ukrainian squad move from point A to point B
>SIGINT guy says the commander of Russian Spetsnaz unit 420 ordered a squad to dress up as Ukrainian military and move to point B
>OSINT (an all-source position) guy says Ukrainian General Shevchenko is visiting the front lines on a path that will cross point B
>Fusion guy puts these data points together into an actionable item like "I assess with high confidence that General Shevchenko is a target of assassination by Spetsnaz unit 420. In addition, I assess with medium confidence that if the assassination were to be successful it will be framed as the Ukrainian military fragging their own leadership."
>All-source guy puts the fusion guy's analysis into a PowerPoint, briefs it to the officers, and disseminates it to anyone relevant

In reference to the Space Force, I believe "intelligence analyst" is the equivalent of how Air Force 1N4 used to be, where you can be shredded into a fusion analyst or a cyber analyst. I don't know why they renamed it.

>>61580620
>Will I fuck up my career by going to behavioral health
No
>Will I fuck up my career by going to mental health
YES
>>
Got issued a g47 by the gubbermint
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 184x119)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
EXPLAIN PCSING OCONUS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!
WHAT THE FUCK IS A HOUSEHOLD GOODS SHIPMENT? WHAT THE FUCK IS A VPC APPOINTMENT? HOW THE FUCK DO I BUY PLANE TICKETS WITH A GPC??
EXPLAIN IT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!
>>
>>61582123
CBPbro?

>>61583049
Somewhere, somehow, a SSgt has failed you.
Talk to your chain
>>
>>61578869
try hopping branches, they might overlook the reentry code
>>
>>61540252
I was at a bar that was playing some mainstream propoganda slop on the tv, must have mentioned israel or Iran when some orclike entity in ill fitted camo grunted out something about "weak men scared to fight for their country"
I out loud said people just aren't stupid enough to go die plinking sand monkeys for israeli interests while bean hordes piledrive our home country anymore. His souless gaze locked on me as he started espouting his service record like the McDonald's menu. I said that's quite impressive for a faggot droning brown kids from the safety of 2 countries over.
This must've set off his programming and fired off what little neurons he still had. Couldn't even tell you what the mystery meat monster was squeeling as he thrashed on that poor barstool's unbreakable will.
I scoffed at the spectacle which had to have activated his kill mode. The forthing mess lurched forward and all it took was mild reactive response of avoidance to sidestep and watch the golem trip on himself and come crashing down.
I sat on this beanbag's back and slapped it on the back of his head. He was already teary eyed and farting profusely in impotent rage. Once the whole bar was splitting their sides in laughter I got off and told him it's ok, no hard feelings. The creature scampered away in fright (I guess having to actually fight for once in it's life was too daunting).
Someone yelled out "Simper Fag!" as it barreled out the doors.
Anyway good luck to the homos and losers set up with recruitment duty. Hope you like the taste of Remington-brand pepper
>>
>>61579175
Just dont join the navy
>>
>>61579862
Space Force
>>
File: 1714156879631617.png (757 KB, 844x1236)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>>61583468
Was thinking about Army NG. I understand there is a 36 month probation period prior to enlisting for any mental health condition but If there were any additional stipulations based on my case being service connected
>>
>>61580252
Ever heard of whiteout
>>
>>61583476
yeah
>>
>>61560848
You will never do shit old man

Go to somalia if you want to be a "modern pirate" sound like such a faggot lol no wonder you never did it while you were young
>>
>>61583476
and then everyone stood up and yelled HOLY FUCKING KINO at the top of their lungs
>>
>>61557603
Get training in tactics instead. We have a lot of work to do here at home, rather than abroad. And then get active in your community and mentor young men. Tactical Response will teach you small unit tactics in the first rifle class, unlike mot schools that don't do tactics unit the second class. You can also take an instructor class. And churches are always a great place to find purpose and build community.
>>
>>61583476
You didn't really write this, right? I really hope you used chatgpt to generate this garbage.
>>
>>61576525
Only if you're a sub guy, surface electrician was dope.
>>
>>61583476
This post is true and I'm the guy he did it to
>>
>>61583476
I clapped throughout this story enjoy your 4chan gold stranger
>>
Why would anyone join a military that would sentence you to life imprisonment if you fight to defend the country that military supposedly serves?
>>
>>61540252
Is SIGINT a good branch for a Marine Officer? About to start TBS tomorrow.

Unrelated but one thing that surprised me about Marines OCS was the amount of fucking smart fit people there. Met two kids from Harvard Law, one from Yale, and a dude from MIT studying systems engineering. Wtf I thought this was the retard branch
>>
>>61588027
That's usually a meme that doesn't hold water for the officers. My old platoon LT was an ex NASA engineer black dude. He was like 6'4 and had a deep ass voice his nickname was Xerxes lmao.
In the enlisted, you'll get a bigger mix of retards and smart dudes.
>>
>>61560848
Mike Hoare fought a post-colonial war in Africa. They weren’t pirates. It really wasn’t all that different from the current conflict in Ukraine. If that doesn’t interest you, you’re going to have to find a way to become a Houthi or join the criminal underworld in Southeast Asia or something.
>>
>>61588060
Xerxes lmao my sides
>>
>>61560919
What are you doing pursuing a classics degree at 29 my man? Do you go to Yale? Geez, I hope so. I mean, I’m all for classics. I actually know Latin and Greek, but that’s not a smart choice. Also, why would you choose the Marine Corps over Army or Navy? There is literally no reason.
>>
>>61579689
>/pol/ types viewing the entire military as a conflict between le based right wing grunts and le cringe evil bluepilled officer corps
We view the military that way because that's the truth of it. In the second civil war, one side will have all the grunts and the other will have the officers and no military can exist without boots on the ground, everything else is optional.
>>
File: 1712303266752912.jpg (422 KB, 797x748)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>61588430
It's so widespread that I have been seeing the same 3 images for years now.
>>
>>61588430
>we
You are all by yourself in these threads. The people who think like you are incapable of defending yourselves from any genuine threat. Consider how your statement aligns with the stats that more and more enlisted are non-whites, who I'm sure you know are not conservatives.
>>
>>61588551
and its the same guy reposting them. Dead internet yet even the AIs don't want to imitate this retard
>>
>>61588027
Yes, if you're trying to work at an agency or contract post service there are tons of opportunities in that field.
>>
>>61540731
interservice transfer is a lot harder than you think. recruiters will always tell you good shit like this to just get you into the military faster.
>>
If anyone here is in-process for the Navy, let me know. I'm an Active Duty PO1 of 8 years who can answer your questions and let you know if your recruiters are bullshitting you. Also willing to share general advice for career planning, picking rates, boot camp, etc.
>>
>>61588027
Marines have the largest difference between officer and enlisted of any branch. Marine officers are generally squared away and smart as fuck whereas the enlisted.... not so much.
>>
>>61589733
What is your rating and why are you ashamed of it?
>>
>>61588688
>more and more enlisted are non-whites
>they're more incompetent than ever
hmm
>>
Zognigger thread
>>
>>61588027
Are you sure you went to usmc ocs?
Your lingo says you're an army larper.
>>
what is the best route to join the military at 35 years old, with minimal disruption to the wife and kids?
>>
>>61590707
What are you looking for? A specific mission/job, adventure, or just cheap health insurance?
Any branch's reserves or army NG will let you stay where you are long term.
>>
>>61590707
Go for reserves and do something with a short AIT/A-school so you can benniemaxx.
>>
>>61540252
How can i get free food and do other fun trolls/practical joking to the local military recruiters so they can have even more shit lives?
>>
>>61591124
Free food: grow it yourself.
Pranking recruiters: call their office, introduce yourself as MSgt <mumble>, start grilling them about why they haven't made mission this quarter, etc
>>
File: 1519267292093.png (29 KB, 741x568)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>enlist as an infantryman (had no other options in life besides homelessness)
>believe all the /pol/ memes, unironically think I'm gonna get blown up in a dusty middle eastern country for jews and oil
>only deployments are to friendly countries
>only time I got shot was with sim rounds
>spend 5 years rucking shit tons of weight and jumping off stuff, zero back or knee pain, no disabilities or medical issues whatsoever, not even tinnitus
>mfw
>>
>>61593627
I'll never understand people who say their back and/or knees are destroyed after rucking for one or two infantry contracts. They're on par with people who think your body goes to shit when you turn 30.
>>
>>61590733
What if I was 31 and looking for adventure? I have a bachelor’s degree a 1 year into a 3 year master’s degree.
>>
>>61594460
Your body does go to shit at 30 IF you don’t try to stay fit and mobile. If you just work and sit like a sack and get fat and drunk then your body is fucked within a few years because your hormones are declining.
>>
File: Aryan Ubermensch.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>61588551
>>61588716
What that should be telling you is that a problem has existed for an extremely long time and has not been addressed.
>>61588688
>>61590477
>Consider how your statement aligns with the stats that more and more enlisted are non-whites, who I'm sure you know are not conservatives.
Alright, let me amend my statement. In the second civil war, one side will have all the grunts of any capability and the other will have the rest and no military can exist without capable boots on the ground, everything else being optional. The Russian military has a better system, they don't put any investment into their non-white soldiers more than required to make enemies shoot at them, wasting enemy ammunition and revealing positions so that the units meant for killing, the ones populated entirely by white men can go and do the work that requires more than just existing to be shot at.
>>
>Free national park pass
>No one to go with
:(
>>
>>61596589
Of course the guy that is fixated on shitting on the US military is a digital vatnik JFL ask yourself why the US was able to steamroll Iraq in a matter of weeks while the great and glorious Russian military had to retreat on two fronts and took two years to build up enough momentum to take towns that were on the frontlines for a decade.
>>
>>61596659
I feel you bro. The only time I ever went with anyone was the one time I took my sister to Yosemite, and that was only because I happened to be doing something else in the area while she was there.
>>
File: bag.jpg (2.95 MB, 3000x4000)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>61596659
Go alone. I did arches and zion by myself. Good time to think.
>>
>>61596659
just put in your section group chat:
>anyone wanna go camping next 4 day? im driving
>>
>>61583422
PFPA
>>
why the fuck do women get to keep hair. sexist fuckiung shitheads
>>
>>61540252
New message from recruitment: please add message title.
Thanks recruitment, very cool.
>>
How does one get medically separated from the you ess mil i tary and still retain their benefits?
>>
>>61598474
Dye your hair the color most opposite of your natural hair color that's still in regs and tell mental health you think you're bipolar, have cluster headaches, and also you have constant pain in the part of your back you can't really prove the existence of an injury in.
>>
Yesterday I went to MEPs and today I did the officer panel for Coast Guard OCS. If I pass MEPs, I will shop around for the best deal. Navy wants me for an intel officer. The AF come across as dicks because I have a master in arts

AMA
>>
File: 1623920566022.jpg (51 KB, 600x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>61598580
>I have a master in arts
Lol. Lmao even.
>>
>>61598588
Dammit
*master of arts
>>
>>61578869
Sounds like you're still depressed lol
>>
>>61598588
Do you have the Viper image with the sign that says "Bich Nga", and the image says something like "you'll bustas eat here"?
Captcha: 84888Y
>>
>>61594637
Anyone?
>>
>>61594637
Define adventure. If you want genuine adventure, do SOF, but numbers don't lie and you most likely won't make it. You could become an officer, which isn't that different from any other respectable civilian job, but it would fit most people's idea of "adventure" which is getting to travel every now and then. Enlisting in a regular job at your age would be setting yourself up for suicide.
>>
i am so FUCKING sick of this blue lotus shit. this stuff is turning these idiot fucking joes into narcoleptics. weed would be better than this abysmal alcohol + blue lotus combination going on. my roommate slept for 18 fucking hours 2 days in a row and just lays around hitting the vape every 3 minutes.
>>
>>61560848
>Will any mercenary groups accept oldfags
>Not interested in a pointless meat grinder war
What is it exactly you think mercenaries do anon?

>I'm interested in modern piracy
You're going to a public forum to request information on how you can join a cartel/terrorist org/bandit group?
If you are really interested, here's how:
>Drive to Buffalo, NY
>Enter the Texas Road House that's a block away from town hall
>Order the Angus Beef Burger with extra batter. They'll know what you mean
>When they take you into the back room to interrogate you, tell them Apollion sent you
This is your first test, Anon. If you're worthy be inducted into the shadow war of Pirate Ideological Mercenaries vs Globohomo Illuminati
>>
>>61601363
blue lotus (capsules, not vapes) just make my penis feel slightly different for like 2 hours
>>
File: 1653760665317.jpg (608 KB, 1268x1920)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>61598690
Yeah I'm still depressed. I don't think that my feelings now are unreasonable but maybe that doesn't matter.

I was sexually abused by another man in training. I didn't report it out of fear until the perpetrator had already victimized multiple other people in a worse fashion than myself. Had I done something none of those people would've been hurt. I tried to keep it together but It was too much for my 18 year old brain to handle and after I got to my unit I spiraled until being medically retired at 21 after 2 years of therapy.

Maybe I shouldn't have let something like that traumatize me or maybe I should've been resilient enough to power through it. I can't tell if there is something fundamentally inferior about me or if my actions were reasonable given the context.

Wanting to reenlist is probably selfish or some form of cope but I don't know what else to do. I keep running myself through the timeline of events again and again and again. I can't stop thinking about it
>>
>>61590150
I'm an ET and I love it. Only rates I would have taken over ET were IT or CTN, but my recruiter was an idiot.
>>
current stance on the coast guard and GEDs? been told they only accept diplomas, but every other source online says otherwise. to my understanding there is a higher bar for the ASVAB for GED holders compared to those with high school diplomas, but nothing that outright denies someone with only a GED. have things changed very recently?
>>
>>61601186
I concur
>>61594637
Self-fund adventures with friends and family using resources from your main career and social circle.

Or, find an enlisted MOS/rating/AFSC that exists in the guard/reserves and has 'fun' or interesting training or deployment opportunities.
>>
i really want to join the fucking military i dont even know why but im a 5'6" twink who likes it up the ass my point bein
>>
>>61602651
You'll fit right in with the assorted degenerates being favored: >>61588430
>>
>>61597344
what if there is a spider or something on the ground and u dont have a tent?
>>
>>61602934
You zip the whole thing up when you go mimis, it has a mesh window.
>>
>>61602651
you can be my gay spouse
>>
>>61603635
im from england
>>
Does getting discharged from the military for depression/suicidal thoughts affect your ability to own firearms once separated?
>>
>>61567778
They'll split you between 11s and weapons at ITB or whatever they call it now.
It's just a real kick in the nuts, especially early on. If hitting the fleet now is like hitting the fleet a decade ago, you'll have a bunch of 20-23 year olds with imposter syndrome and varying levels of competence playing fuck fuck games with you. Horno was a fucking zoo, 2/1 was tame compared to 3/1.
03XX attracts some of the smartest, and, some of the dumbest Marines. Seems like there's little in between.
If you're gonna do it, do it. Become a sponge. Don't count the days, enjoy the ride instead.
Study your shit.
Falling out is a cardinal sin.
Bitch with your peers. Never around your seniors, and certainly never around your juniors.
Take notes, wear the right shit at the right place at the right time, and you'll be fine.
Also, go to fucking medical any time something hurts ever. Being "hard" in the fleet won't help your grinding knees when you're thirty. Study injury prevention and practice it.
Also, take pics with the boys. It seems boot or cringe at the time, but, you'll be glad you did later on.
Grunt life the best and worst life in the Marine Corps.
And don't ever bang any wooks.
>>
>>61604359
It's peacetime, WTF are they doing that's so intense it requires not 'falling out' and taking pics for later? Do you just mean field exercises or is this advice for in case ww3 happens?
>>
>>61604359
>And don't ever bang any wooks.
Not him but I matched with an 18-year old 4'11" tomboy Marine Reservist on Tinder a few months ago and she didn't reply. My heart still hasn't recovered from that.
>>
Why can't you fags pay your bills?
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/05/10/hyundai-wing-took-26-cars-from-troops-now-it-has-to-pay-them-back/

Also what MOS is gud
>>
>>61604843
>the payout will include $10,000 plus “any lost equity” to each service member whose vehicle was repossessed
>tfw I bought a Toyota instead of a Hyundai
>>
>>61604123
Bump
>>
File: Viper Cafe Bich Nga.jpg (232 KB, 640x480)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>61599378
Yep, I made it a few years ago.
>>
i wanna grow my hair out
this shit is so fuckin gay
>>
>>61602651
Try the navy.
>>
>>61606518
holy based
>>
File: image.png (306 KB, 1020x714)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
is TS clearance worth considering an AFSC? thinking about 2a6x2 or 3e1x1 but concerned im gonna get mega fucked after my contract. AGE has a signing bonus but ignoring that I want to be able to use education assistance to get a bachelors. Would part-time AGE blow harder than a tranny?
>>
>>61604123
Pls help
>>
>>61540597
Do you always whinge like a faggot pussy, or just on here?
>>
>>61540252
why are the upper echelons of the military gay?
>>
>>61610465
Damn bro you had TEN WHOLE DAYS to come up with a comeback and this is the best you could do?
>>
>>61604824
Too busy getting filled by the boys at her barracks instead of nasty civvies like you
>>
>>61604123
>>61605385
>>61610396
https://www.cuddiganlaw.com/library/mental-illness-and-gun-ownership.cfm/
here you go fren.
it should not affect your ability to own a gun unless youre so fucked a court has ruled you criminally deficient.
just going to inpatient mental health care should not affect your second amendment rights.
and military discharge for mental health is a really low bar so unless you were found criminally ineligible for trial due to being a complete crazy fuck you should be okay.
worst case go try to buy a gun when youre feeling better mentally and fill out the paperwork.
unless a court has barred you from owning guns your 2nd amendment right should be intact fren.
just dont kys thanks
>>
>>61610627
Yeahhh she's kinda short, her dong quota was overfilled
>>
>>61608778
TS shouldn't be your primary deciding factor
Stay away from anything that sets foot on the flightline. Maintenance fucking sucks, especially aircraft maintenance
>>
>>61610815
Thank you.
>>
Any vetbros collecting VA disability and Social Security? Was wondering how it works.
>>
>>61540252
I want to join the marines but dont wanna go in the helo dunker :(
>>
Anyone have and advice?

I got accepted into Navy OCS for Intel and am now getting really bad cold feet. I have a decent life at home and friends but I still want to serve. The commitment for JOs in the Navy is usually around 5 years. I don't know if im ready to make such a large change in my life. I know ultimately my life will be better but its still a hard decision.
>>
>>61613545
"at home" like spouse/kids?
If so why active instead of reserves?
>>
>>61613549
Im 22, unmarried male
>>
>>61613545
You've said here before that you want to work at an agency or something eventually. This is your chance to do that. If you back out it's unlikely that they'll give you another chance. And what are you gonna do instead? Keep workong whatever job you have now despite putting all that time and effort into this?
As a general rule, be as coldly pragmatic as possible concerning military career decisions, with the exception of those that would fuck subordinates over.
>>
File: chicc.jpg (25 KB, 480x346)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>61613571
Lol
>>
>>61613673
>>61613694
Eat shit you memelord fucking faggot.
>>
>>61602651
Putin needs you!
>>
>>61613693
>>61613693
>>61613693
>>
>>61613545
OCS sucks but while you're there just remember that that the Navy is very different outside of OCS vs in. Rather than thinking about how much everything sucks while you're there, constantly remind yourself that you're literally getting paid to work out and learn stuff. 13 weeks feels like forever when you're there, but 13 weeks in hindsight is nothing. Try not to get rolled for anything. Memorize appendix Bravo before you get there.
>>
>>61540333
How new are you that you don't know what a fucking general is??
>>
>>61614350
>>61614350
>>61614350
Non-schizo thread. Migrate when this one dies.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.