[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.43 MB, 854x1000)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
Other than Crossfire and Zeonic Front, what other Gundam games focus more on the simulation aspect? Non-answers like Bonds of the Battlefield doesn't count, as that will never leave the arcades.
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam Version 1.0 and Version 2.0 are cockpit simulators.

>There are two versions of the PSX game: the vanilla release and Version 2.0. I actually prefer the latter, but it plays different to an extent and it's admittedly (I hate using this term) jankier than the original. The original is a straight arcade cockpit shooter, you have a number of targets per stage but sometimes you will have re-spawning enemies. You have a total shoot down count the game keeps track of and after a certain threshold you level up, so your attack power and HP gets better. Completing stages quickly also contributes toward this. You have a lock-on, manual aiming, locked in strafing, a vernier jump that only works on ground stages and as I previously mentioned you must pay attention to your speed when accelerating or reversing (you can also brake suddenly which you will need to do). The beam rifle, beam sabre, vulcan and bazooka all have specific strengths and juggling them will earn you a great score, but I recommend starting out with just the beam rifle (the beam sabre is only effective when an enemy is directly in front of you, but it's powerful). Space stages take place in a giant 3D 'spherical' field, and you do have to pay attention to your altimeter in order to know where you're looking. Similarly, understanding the radar is key because it switches between long range and short range distances, and uses colours to indicate if an enemy is above or below you (blue for enemies blue, red for lock-on, yellow/orange for enemies above IIRC). The music is cool too.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (251 KB, 871x1500)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>22613585
>Non-answers like Bonds of the Battlefield doesn't count, as that will never leave the arcades.

are you dumb
>>
File: file.png (247 KB, 578x417)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>22613597
>are you dumb
since that's JP only, I actually had no idea this port even existed
>>22613592
I think I've played these but they lean quite heavily towards just being arcade games. Guess that's just a simple fault of older consoles. The lack of mobile suit selection (you can only use the grandpa) hurts too.
>>
>>22613606
There is a mode in which you play as Char's Zaku II, Gelgoog and Ziong in 2.0.
>>
>>22613618
Saw a video of it. Impressed that they all have different cockpits.
>>
Lost War Chronicles has a first person mode and uses the Journey to Jaburo engine so it feels more sim style.
>>
>>22613585
The Dreamcast one and the Saturn shooter trilogy.
>>
>>22613585
Play some GBO2 so you can get over wanting "real" mecha action.
RTS is the only way to go for that shit to not make it feel tedious and aggravating. Unless you really like Mechwarrior combat.
>>
>>22613878
>play this bad game so you can get over wanting to play good games!
are you a nigger or a retard?
>>
>>22613878
>play rock-paper-scissors with I-Frames and gacha
How is this relevant
>>
>>22613878
Simulation is when mech have invincibility phase
>>
File: img0011.jpg (440 KB, 1280x1851)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>22613793
The Blue Destiny games are still pretty much twitch action shooters. The most simulation like they get is if you forced yourself to use the Twin Sticks with them for a little extra flavor.
>>
>>22615208
They really need the Twin Sticks, I played them using a controller and it's just not quite right.
>>
>>22615368
GunGriffon is the exact same, both for 1 and 2, but no emulator I know (that isn't a pain in the ass to setup) seems to support the twin sticks.
>>
>>22613585
The F91 game for SNES is quite good, if you are liberal on what you mean by a 'simulation'. Likewise EiS and Climax U.C already are simulating the Space elements. Federation vs Zeon is something you should play too... Not sure we will see new games like that for a while.
>>
>>22616932
Formula Wars is a game I stuck with to the last mission then left because I finally got bored with it. The premise is strong but it's not very good, basically it's an RTS but you only have control over the F90, and the Jegan units representing your side (that you can't control) will either be destroyed completely or sometimes reduce the enemy's overall power. You have to refuel at points, so you can't really be far from your ship at anytime, and the idea is you're supposed to put one unit in reserve and one in action, but as soon as you touch the ship you're fully refuelled, so you don't have to employ much strategy at all in terms of what machine you operate. The combat looks impressive, and there is a bit of a technique to it (you have to make the enemy dots on the radar be within your front radius), but it comes down to hitting a button as fast as possible, selecting a weapon, and hoping it hits. The RNG becomes ridiculous so a lot of the time the enemy will just evade, or effortlessly end up behind you, in which case you have to hope you evade or defend. Also, the plot sucks, as far as I'm aware, the "Zeon resurgence" plotlines start here (or at least the manga tie-in). F91 is cool but the other media released alongside it aren't very good. Music is great at least.
>>
File: GGYmBc9bwAEkQX6.png (688 KB, 680x573)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
the gundam side stories PS3 game was fun
shame it has no EN patch
>>
>>22615379
I think the US release of the first game may have removed twin stick support as well.
>>
>>22613878
how would that make me get over it? I have like 500 hours and can't get enough, wish they made gbo3 and fixed a bunch of studf
>>
File: 1714874327100330.gif (3.26 MB, 988x972)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB GIF
hijacking this thread by changing it
outside of the usual like Mechwarrior, what are some fun sim-style mech games? had a lot of fun with Steel Battalion after getting a controller, but there was also ExaSkeleton, which was janky as all fuck
the Vital Suits from LP2 were also super fucking fun, wish there was a way to only play as them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.