[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Baldios walked so Ideon could run.
>>
>>22624732
Ideon aired first.
>>
>>22624733
No, they aired at around the same time and Baldios wrapped up and had its compilation movie first. But I agree, I'd say that Baldios is even sadder than Ideon because each episode is so blatantly tragedy-of-the-week, plus you could ultimately say Ideon is hopeful but Baldios makes sure all hope is stamped out. I'd say it would be more "Zambot walked so Baldios could run".
>>
>>22624744
>Zambot walked so Baldios could run
I think the similarities between Baldios and Ideon are stronger than Baldios and Zambot, it's more than just "these two shows deal with hopelessness" but I guess you could make an argument that all three of them have a lot of similar DNA, a sort of Combining Robots of Despair Trinity.
Now I wonder what a Zambot movie would be like.
>>
>>22624779
>Now I wonder what a Zambot movie would be like.
You know bizarre as it sounds I can't help but shake the feeling that a Zambot movie might have been less soul crushing.
>>
>>22624732
Read Grendizer Ota manga and get surprised at how it's extremely similar to Baldios.

Spoilers ahead:
Both had the Earth gets flooded, killing everyone, and it turned out the Earthlings, Freed/Vega people are all related
>>
>>22624779
Baldios & Zambot look related
>>
>>22624732
Baldios aired around the same time.
The true inspiration to Baldios? Planet of the Apes, especialy the first three movies.
>Timeloop story
>Scientist vs Military
>the reveal it was Earth all along
>Tragic ending
>The nuke fucking up the earth
>>
>>22625117
Original unmade television ending even implied the villain escaping to ancient Rome through time travel again not unlike escape from planet of the apes.
>>
File: speedball-planet-apes.gif (868 KB, 220x149)
868 KB
868 KB GIF
Just finished the movie.
>mfw the ending is the same as EoE
>>
>>22624989
Maybe Earth built Baldios after the Gaizok invasion in case it was needed?
>>
>>22627665
Zambot is stronger than Baldios.
>>
>>22624779
>>22624830
>ywn get a Zambot compilation movie animated by Kanada.

it's not fucking fair
>>
>>22631352
>compilation movie
Nigga I want a Zambot 3: Be Invoked.
>>
>>22631323
Earth technology doesn't have to be as advanced as Beal technology.
>>
File: 1671354172818.gif (3.53 MB, 371x278)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB GIF
>>22631352
>>22631373
What the hell was sunrise thinking by NOT doing any of this? I like birth but i really wish we got a high budget movie for zambot 3 with kaneda as the head animator or director. What a missed opportunity.
>>
>>22631395
I'm guessing Zambot wasn't popular?
>>
>>22632722
>I'm guessing Zambot wasn't popular?
It was one of the best selling 70's anime on home video.
>>
>>22632722
There is no need for a movie, I suppose they wanted to make different shows with different shit.
>>
>>22632730
>It was one of the best selling 70's anime on home video.

Which probably isn't as impressive feat as it sounds given the time and the fact that TV shows were made primarily to sell add space. Not that it's NOTHING but it's like how CULT MOVIE basically means it bombed in theaters first.
>>
>>22632739
>Which probably isn't as impressive feat as it sounds given the time
That's probably true, but any anime selling high enough numbers to rank next to or around future boy conan has to be some impressive feat. Tho, i've never the actual numbers, only that zambot 3 was among the top 5 best selling anime of that decade.
>>
>>22632722
Kids didn't like it, Otaku adored it, and hence bought it when it came out on video. By that time Gundam was in full swing though - no way Sunrise would bother trying to reboot an old show from the same director when Gundam was such a huge hit. Sunrise stopped doing old school super robots after Daiouja in 81 anyways, anything not child oriented was going to be real robot from then on. So the window of possibility was likely very small.
>>
Bump
>>
>>22632768
Which one's Daiouja again?
>>
>>22642423
The one that comes up under Daiouja when you google it.
>>
>>22642435
>not using Ecosia

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.