[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715165738445459.png (681 KB, 1080x1203)
681 KB
681 KB PNG
Democrat in hot water for invoking 'racist' Asian stereotype by saying Kristi Noem 'wanted to eat dog' with Kim Jong Un

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13392221/florida-democrat-kristi-noem-kim-jong-dog-joke.html

A Democrat lawmaker is getting skewered for making a 'racist' joke about South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Recently, the South Dakota Governor - and former congresswoman - has caught flak after excerpts from her new book detailed how she shot and killed her own dog and incorrectly claiming that she met with Kim Jong Un.

Rep. Jared Moskowitz, D-Fla., circulated a video of Noem on Monday writing, 'Why am I getting the feeling that she wanted to eat dog with Kim Jong Un,' before later deleting the post from X and apologizing.

But Moskowitz's attempt at humor infuriated some, including Korean-American Rep. Michelle Steel, R-Calif., who called the post 'racist.'

'There is no excuse for racist stereotyping – especially by a Member of Congress,' she posted in response to Moskowitz.

'I’ve experienced this kind of discrimination firsthand. So have many of my constituents. It must not be tolerated.'

Moskowitz has made several jabs at Noem for the apparent tall tales released in her book titled 'No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward.'

Noem, 52, confessed in her book to killing her family farm dog while her kids were at school.

The excerpt was immediately picked up and and shared widespread online – potentially complicating the Republican's chances of being selected as Donald Trump's vice president.

According to the story, she had to shoot the family dog named Cricket because he was repeatedly misbehaving and she thought he could pose a threat to her kids.

Another portion of the book mentioned her meeting the the North Korean leader.
>>
'I remember when I met with the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un,' she wrote. 'I'm sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I'd been a children's pastor after all).'

Her claim to have met the leader has drawn lots of speculation as to the validity of the story, but despite being pressed on the dubious meeting, she said she will not retract anything.

'It was a joke about Kristi Noem and the dictator of North Korea — 2 people, no one else,' the Florida Democrat told DailyMail.com about his poorly received attempt at humor.

'I took the post down as I didn’t want it to be misconstrued and offend the broader community.'

'I condemn those stereotypes and would never want to feed into them,' he continued.

Some of his fellow Democrats, who are Korean, also condemned the post.

'While we appreciate our colleague standing up to GOP extremism, we cannot perpetuate harmful stereotypes in the process,' Reps. Andy Kim, D-N.J., and Marilyn Strickland, D-Wash., said in a statement.

'We thank Rep. Moskowitz for apologizing and taking down his tweet.'

Moskowitz also made a post joking about how Noem would likely want to kill President Joe Biden's dog on May 6.

The Florida Democrat, however, has a history of deleting posts that do not resonate well with his audience.

A previous post of his showed actress Sydney Sweeney in a plunging top next to a wide-eyed Joe Biden at his State of the Union address in March.

He later wrote on the X, where he posted the images, 'I took it down, it was inappropriate.'

Also, asians actually do eat dogs. It's not a stereotype.
>>
The party that lost their slaves in the civil war is crying about racism?
>>
In the land of politics, where words can be deceiving
A tale of a meeting, with a dictator conceiving
Kim Jong Un, a name that strikes fear
But Rep. Moskowitz claims they had a drink, or so it appears

Oh, the power of words, how they can twist and turn
A joke gone wrong, leaving the world to burn
Rep. Moskowitz stands by his claim, refusing to retract
But others say it's just a wild exaggeration, a fact

She says she was a children's pastor, staring down little tyrants too
But did she really meet with the North Korean leader? The truth is hard to prove
The post was taken down, but not before causing quite a stir
And now some are calling her out, saying her words are hurtful and unfair

While some may have found humor in the post, many were left confused
And those who are Korean-American, felt their culture was being used
As a punchline, without any thought to the impact it would bring
A lesson learned, perhaps, about the importance of cultural sensitivity and understanding

Oh, the power of words, how they can twist and turn
A joke gone wrong, leaving the world to burn
Rep. Moskowitz stands by his claim, refusing to retract
But others say it's just a wild exaggeration, a fact

We appreciate our colleague standing up to GOP extremism
But we cannot perpetuate harmful stereotypes in the process
We thank Rep. Moskowitz for apologizing and taking down her tweet
A step in the right direction, towards healing and respect

So let this be a lesson, to all who seek to use humor as a tool
To never forget the impact, your words can cause and rule out
Cultural sensitivity, empathy, and compassion are key
Let us strive to do better, and make the world a more harmonious place for you and me.

*respectfully honors those who have undergone gender affirming surgery*
*shucks and jives*
*struts*
>>
>>1293622
The Republicans didn't lose any slaves in the civil war.
Well, probably some, but it was surely very minor compared to what the democrats lost
>>
Speaking from the perspective of someone visiting china right now from America (no, I'm not chinese, my family is Finnish and moved to the us in the 19th century) it's literally better eating real Chinese food every day than having to be around piss soaked hobos overdosing on fentanyl like what happens in the so-called beautiful democrat utopia I normally live in
>>
>>1293626
why do the republicans want to george floyd me?
pigs are GOP controlled hired racist thugs.
>>
>>1293619
Demon-KKK-rats literally can't not be racist

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.