[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How would you have felt at the end of your hike if your pack were under 15lbs?
>my pack is a lot heavier than that

Yeah, but how would you have felt if it were that light?
>But it’s not that light. I don’t understand the question.
>>
>>2727959
If my pack weighed 15 lbs, it would contain water and nothing else.
>>
>>2728176
It’s a question about base weight.
>yeah but I have water in my pack
Yes, everyone does. But we’re discussing base weight.
>but if I don’t have water I’ll die. I don’t understand the question.
>>
>>2727959
This question is so stupid, nobody packs only 15lbs
>>
>>2727959
Pack weight doesn't make much difference unless you're a pussy or to stupid to get a solid frame.

I usually hike with just a 1L canteen and a water filter (and some stuff in my pant pockets that I won't bother listing). About 1.5kg total. Hiking with my Alice pack and 20-25kg of gear in it doesn't make me feel any different in the evening. During a hike, carrying a heavy pack actually feels a lot more comfy than a light pack, since a light pack bounces much more unless you tighten the straps all the way, which cuts of bloodflow.
>inb4 X magic pack doesn't bounce, doesn't cut of bloodflow and has negative weight
Good for you, but I'm not gonna bother testing hundreds of packs to find one that's marginally better. Out of the dozen or so I've tried so far, the only ones that were comfy to carry and lasted more than a few hikes were heavy exoframes, so that's what I'm sticking with.
>>
>>2727959
Depends on the length of the hike, the conditions, the season, availability of permanent shelter/resources and how many other people there are.
This isn't really a "How would you feel if you didn't eat breakfast this morning" kind of question.
I guess I'd be glad to have brought a Pulka, since most of my packweight would be off my back.
>>
>>2727959
>how would you feel if you went to the bathroom before you went hiking and vacated 2 pounds of body waste?
>but my stove is 14grams lighter than your stove. i don't understand the question
>>
1-1.5 lbs/day food, max. Since I dehydrate and vacuum seal, there would be some packaging remaining in my fumo garbage bag. Water I just empty. My packweight is sub-15 lbs in the summer. Total carried /out/ is under 30 lbs for 10-12 days.
>>
>>2727959
I would feel like I forgot to pack something

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.