[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tent.png (1.52 MB, 2862x1343)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
I looked for a tent thread to post this in, but search didn't bring up a general thread.

Anyway, The Cloud Up 2 is a solid tent from what I've read and it's way cheaper on Aliexpress than Amazon (£104 instead of £155!) so naturally I want to get it from there. But is it real, or am I buying fakes or factory seconds?

Recently i bought some Vans shoes in their "sale" but what I actually received were clearly cast-offs that they couldn't sell as standard quality due to bad stitching -- this has never been the case paying full price in 20 years of buying them. I don't want to get a shit tent for 60% of the price of a good one so please advise me /out/.
>>
>>2730790
>chinkshit
just use craigslist retard
>>
>>2730794
Not to unseat you from your grasp of the world around you, but we do not have that here. And I don't want a second-hand tent because then I would have to consider the possibility of it being fucked with before I got it -- I just need 1 decent tent to last the next 5-10 years, so I am buying it right (and at the best price).
>>
>>2730790
Genuine knock offs. Send anything to manufacture in China and they'll copy it and sell it cheaper.
>>
>>2730797
most people selling camping equipment online have only used it once and probably got it from some local outdoors store. it'll be 10x better than whatever you can find on aliexpress.
>>
there's a chinkshit thread with more info on Chinese gear, and I think one more in the archive as well
>>
>>2730790
naturekike is a chink company and you're buying it from china, of course it's gonna be cheaper duh
>>
>>2730790
>I looked for a tent thread to post this in, but search didn't bring up a general thread.
>
>Anyway, The Cloud Up 2 is a solid tent from what I've read and it's way cheaper on Aliexpress than Amazon (£104 instead of £155!) so naturally I want to get it from there. But is it real, or am I buying fakes or factory seconds?
It's real, I got my cloud up 2 from AliExpress. Make sure you are comparing the right tents though, some in that listing use 20D fabric while others use 210T fabric and that changes the price. You also don't get factory seconds, with Amazon you are just paying for a reseller, which means arbitrage, storage, advertising and the greed of the reseller are included in the price.

>I don't want to get a shit tent for 60% of the price of a good one so please advise me /out/.

If I were you I'd buy it. If you want to be safe, use a listing with more sales rather than one with 3 sales.
Also there's a AliExpress thread that this would fit in better but I get that you wouldn't find that unless you were looking for it specifically.
>>
The naturehike 1P is listed for AU$165 on Amzon AU. I bought one and used it on an overnight bike packing trip. Good tent, did the job. Wasn't raining though, we'll see how it goes in the coming winter. Pretty versatile tent. You can set it up as mesh only or fly only or mesh+fly. Would buy again out of ten.
>>
>>2730794
Absolute shit advice. The selection is basically zero and there’s no kind of buyer protection. eBay and Gear Trade are better options.
>>
>>2730790
>Recently i bought some Vans shoes in their "sale" but what I actually received were clearly cast-offs that they couldn't sell as standard quality due to bad stitching
That's what you get for being a cheap cunt.
>>
>>2730961
I used cloudup 1 with the footprint during a night of rain and if held up fine.
>>
>>2730790
>real deal?
No, they're cheap imitations of MSR tents. Everything Naturehike makes is a cheap copy of something someone else made better. They're not 60% off the price. The price of a real MSR tent is $300+ Buy knock offs and you'll get knock off quality. Everything on Aliexpress and >75% of Amazon is a knock off.
>>
>>2730798
>Send anything to manufacture in China and they'll copy it and sell it cheaper.
With cheaper materials and negative quality control because there isn't a company inspector whipping the kids in the factory.
>>
>>2730810
>If I were you I'd buy it.
>>2730961
>Would buy again out of ten.

I will buy it.

>>2731055
>That's what you get for being a cheap cunt.
Come on. If they are having their own sale, they shouldn't be shifting shit stock onto 20+ year customers. Simple as.

>>2731077
Since I'll be in the UK, rain input is useful.

>>2731081
>No, they're cheap imitations of MSR tents.
Ah, ya stuck me with this comment so late into the thread. The thing is, you're probably correct in a lot of ways but I can see the law of diminishing returns in action here -- a $3000 guitar is generally better than a $750 guitar, but it doesn't necessarily hold tune better, it is more in the finer detail such as the fit and finish, and aesthetics where the higher price is created. I think this will be the same: 90% of the functionality for 30% of the price.

Thanks to all who posted. I'll order it and hopefully with sensible use it will hold up for me like it has for other posters.
>>
>>2731121
Be sure to report back in a future thread anon...
>>
>>2730794
>don't buy chink shit from a chunk website
>instead use an American website to buy chink shit
The logic is palpable
>>
>>2730797
What do you have? Chinkshit is not going to be good.
>>2731151
The logic is to not buy chinkshit
>>
>>2730790
I worked in 2 different outdoor gear retailers and besides my alpine climbing tents I only use these chinesium backpacking tents for everything else. You pay up the ass for namebrand tents that have only slightly better quality control. be all end all is whether you like the design and purpose. seamseal all your tents, namebrand or not. And in really shit weather, consider bringing a tarp as well as every single tent will leak at some point from somewhere. 3FUL has an official site, I would check that out. Naturehike has good cheap tents, Aliexpress is best prices but if you wait for a sale on amazon, then at least you have some buyers protections. If you really want namebrand work in the retail industry and get some prodeals
>>
>>2730790
>buying from shitty slop retailers
You get what you deserve.
>>
>>2730790
tarp
>>
File: 1714497413955270.jpg (58 KB, 477x599)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2730790
Having one vestibule and its on the short side of the rectangle

Top kek
>>
>>2731216
>What do you have? Chinkshit is not going to be good.
Your entire house is full of chinkshit, including the electrical device you wrote that on -- it was made in Shenzhen, a city on the south coast of China. Check if you like, I am correct.

I'm not American so I don't have "made in muh USA"" mindset about things, if something is decent then I have no politics stopping me from buying it.

>>2731347
It's a 2 person tent, I will just keep my shoes in the vestebule, everything else will fit nicely inside with me.
>>
>>2731291
>You pay up the ass for namebrand tents that have only slightly better quality control. be all end all is whether you like the design and purpose.
Thanks for the input.
>>2731291
>seamseal all your tents, namebrand or not.
Yes, this seems like a good idea, I will do.
>>
>>2731516
>if something is decent then I have no politics stopping me from buying it.
sounds like a kike or anglo mindset to me
>>
>>2730790
Naturehike is a chinese brand. On amazon you are just donating the difference to a dropshipper.
>>
>>2731533
Your extended family is full of kikes and anglos then isn't it? Come on lad.
>>
>>2730790
I promise you that tent is hot as fuck

I bought an amazon backpacking tent and it was cheap but it is also heavy and hot. I really can't even use it in Florida where I live. I have to wait until a couple hours after the sun has gone down to sleep in it.

So for me, it's a tarp.
>>
>>2731740
the reason the tent is hot is because the mesh doesn't go all the way to the bottom btw so check on that
>>
>>2731740
>I promise you that tent is hot as fuck
This is actually a good thing for me, it sounds well insulated. Holt sunny weather is a luxury for us, we get maybe 3 scorchers per year, so the fact that it holds warmth is exactly what I want. Cheers.
>>
>>2731744
>tent
>insulated
anon.....
>>
>>2730790
You never know what you're going to get from Ali, but give it a go by all means.
Last month I rolled the dice on "Genuine NEW" Garmin Instinct Solar for a fraction of one from the shop, and a high spec tablet on sale.
The watch is definitely genuine and new.
The tablet was trash, but with a couple of clicks I got my money back.
This is in line with what I've come to expect - quality is a bit of a gamble, but it's not difficult to resolve any issues. I've never had a refund declined.

Tent specific, I got one a while back and it was fucking great - seam sealed, snow flaps, a ton of alloy snow pegs etc.
Right up until the zip broke.
I actually got it with zero expectations for the kids to garden camp, but ended up using it in the hills because it was lighter than my $$$ tent. Never quite trusted it for winter in the mountains though - it's Ali after all : )
>>
Naturehike and Lanshan are pretty good. Know a couple of people with them and they have no problems with them. You can find people who have taken them on through hikes and they have held up alright. Just got to make sure to seam seal as some are not from the factory.
>>
>>2732957
decathlon makes these
>>
>>2731533
Not buying "made in USA" is anti-semitic.
Assuming two products of equal quality and price, one made in China the other in USA, I'd buy the chinkshit.
>>
>>2730790
In this day and age saving 100 dollars isn't worth ordering Chinese garbage to me. Rei is having their anniversary sale all week.
>>
AliExpress and Alibaba is a mixture of the two following;

Genuine shit that comes off the same assembly line as name brand stuff and is sold black market from the same factory

And

Total knock off garbage with deceiving or outright lying specs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.