[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have you ever bought a lens only to return it to the store later because you needed it for a particular event?

I hesitate to do so because I don't need such lenses in the long term, just for special occasions, for example trying to photograph the stars with a lens that costs $2,000 and then returning it afterwards.

Have you ever done this? Because rentals are expensive and too restrictive
>>
I have all the things I need because I'm not poor
>>
>>4313672
>Have you ever done this?
no, because this is jew behavior. which makes it ok only if the store is jew-owned.
I just buy the lens or accessory I need outright. they always come in handy more than once.
also, if renting what you need is too expensive then whatever you're shooting isn't paying you right and as such, isn't worth the effort.
>>
>>4313672
Happens all the time, which is why most stores will charge a restocking fee. Some may also deny the return entirely (and then you're stuck selling the lens used yourself), or block you from future purchases (and returns).
If you can't afford rental prices, you should focus less on stealing and more on raising your income.
>>
>>4313672
Why would you do this? You clearly do need it, so just keep it for next time. It's okay to have lenses that only see infrequent use

>>4313692
>you should focus less on stealing and more on raising your income.
Stealing from corporations is morally righteous and the correct thing to do. Everyone should steal from corporations at every opportunity they get
>>
>>4313684
claiming jews purchase things and then later return to use for free is an old antisemitic trope, nice try.

The behavior is scummy all around though
>>
>>4313710
>an old antisemitic trope
It's stood the test of time for a reason.
>>
You should keep it out of guilt and then sell it later to some Hasids in Brooklyn for 60% of what they will flip it for.
>>
>>4313684
You can't do this as far as I'm concerned at the online based jew marketplaces like B&H or Adorama as they don't take returns if used/opened the box after purchase. I have bought a camera before and returned them due to disappointment, which is why I usually buy bodies/lenses I don't know about from original manufacturer, or best buy maybe. This is a place where returns are expected. Photography is picky.
>>
>>4313710
SHUT
IT
DOWN
>>
>>4313822
>You can't do this as far as I'm concerned at the online based jew marketplaces like B&H or Adorama as they don't take returns if used/opened the box after purchase
I'm pretty sure I've returned things to b&h before after using them. iirc they charged me a restocking fee, but other than that it was fine
>>
it's doable if you're good at not leaving any traces, and I mean ANY traces.
don't use it for too long before returning it. less than 5 days is ideal.
don't do it too much, else they'll catch on.

t. done this before
>>
>>4313740
Well the jews at B&H are on to your little scheme, and wont be having any of your jewish tricks. …i guess.

You and your jew fetish seem pretty fucking sad desu
>>
>>4313882
Jew fetish?
>>
File: 850_0197-1.jpg (2.14 MB, 4128x2752)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>4313882
Whatcha doin, rabbi?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D850
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern21178
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4128
Image Height2752
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2023:10:13 00:00:11
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width8256
Image Height5504
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO0
Focus ModeAF-S
Flash SettingNORMAL
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Lens TypeUnknown
Lens Range50.0 mm; f/1.4
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations38225
>>
They rent lenses you know.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.