[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is the best body for low-light stills that doesnt have IBIS, ie: the cleanest high-iso photos?

doesnt have to be "compact" but a d850 is too big for sure

So far my only two contenders are the xt3 and the z50
>>
>>4314630
sony a1
turn off ibis
>>
>>4314630
What exactly do you mean 'best low light'? I've found that despite what people say about bigger photosites, more megapixels actually look better, even with more noise you get more detail. The color generally isn't preserved as well, but the images also don't look mushy
>>
Sonys are best for low light, Nikons and Canons for convenience, Panasonics for a workhorse, Pentaxs and Olympuses for a retro feel, and Fujifilms for image quality.
>>
>>4314636
What
>>
>>4314630
>that doesnt have IBIS, ie: the cleanest high-iso photos?
what did he mean by this
>>
>>4314632
ibis still fails after 10 years if its turned off and your camera turns into a useless brick
>>
>>4314641
>ibis still fails after 10 years if its turned off
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>4314630
Literally any FF made in the past 10 years. They're all marginally different at best at high ISO. A crop is going to be noticeably worse, even APS-C. Get a f/1.4 or better lens and you're set but don't expect magic. At the end of the day your best bet might be bounce flash.
>>
>>4314630
Do you even take photos? Why do you care about low light performance?
>>
>>4314630
Leica Monochrome
>>
>>4314630
Stop worrying about IBIS. OIS lenses don't fail after 10 years, neither will IBIS. The first OIS lenses released in the mid 1990s still work today.

The original 20mp Canon R6 is the cleanest FF camera that I'm aware of, outside of specialty/night vision cameras.

>>4314634
>What exactly do you mean 'best low light'? I've found that despite what people say about bigger photosites, more megapixels actually look better, even with more noise you get more detail. The color generally isn't preserved as well, but the images also don't look mushy
I tend to agree until about 12,800 (5Ds) or 25,600 (R5). But in extreme low light some of the lower resolution FF sensors, like the original R6, pull ahead.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Width1152
Image Height1160
>>
>>4314630
m11 monochrom, m10 monochrom (love mine)
ibis can help a ton for low-light, fast lens matters just as much

>>4314641
even if true, which it's not, I'd really hope 10 years is enough to to save for a replacement or upgrade
if op's investing in a camera to use for 10 years, I sure hope they aim for something better than a T3 or Z50
>>
>>4314630
You realize you can just turn IBIS off, right?

If you're worried about the IBIS sled failing, don't. A mirror or shutter assembly is far more likely to fail. Z8 makes a strong case for itself, as does a Z6II or Zf.
>>
>>4314630
Best low light? Pentax 645Z.

Why would you want a new camera without IBIS, though? I think you're crazy.
>>
>>4314641
you know you can repair machines right? Worrying about thinks 10 years in the future isn't worth it. Image you drop the thing into water by accident in 2 years. You're going to feel really stupid for worrying then.
t. worrier
>>
File: 1675186728905418.jpg (2.75 MB, 5600x3728)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>4314630
i have a z50, i like it idk

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Z 50
Camera SoftwareNIKON Z 50 Ver.02.20
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2023:01:31 11:28:36
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating640
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Return Detected
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5600
Image Height3728
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4314630
R8 is a good bet
Same sensor as the R6 Mk2, same processor and autofocus, compact
Downside is you're stuck with RF/EF lenses and no focus joystick. They're on sale right now.
>>
>>4314630

Op just look at each camera brand and if it’s sales are going up or down. This is the true indicator of who is making good cameras today. Therefore you are buying Fuji.
Also do not fall for people saying stuff like canon has 40% market share, that is just an indicator of canon being good in the past, falling sales for canon today shows they are making not as good cameras anymore.
>>
>>4314632
>>4314641
Look for a used A7s if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg
>>
>>4314641
Then save and put aside $15-20 a month, for 10 years. You’ll have enough to buy a new body and when your IBIS breaks in 10 years
>>
>>4315210
You forgot to adjust for inflation. In order to have $2400 in 10 years he would actually need to save more because in 10 years a full frame camera is going to cost $3500. But realistically the dollar is going to be entering hyper inflation soon at which point they will implement a digital currency and revoke the dollar as legal tender. So really he shouldn't worry about it. Just shoot the camera and live your life and if it ever breaks worry about it then.

Why do people act as if their camera fails they could never afford to buy another? They act like $3000 is an insane amount of money they will never have again. If you believe that's true and you can't afford to replace the camera, you're too broke for that camera. Buy something cheaper. Camera bodies are disposable, treat them like it.
>>
>>4315212
Invest that in BTC and he'll be able to afford MF.
>>
>>4315212
>In 10 years a full frame camera is going to cost $3500 because the world will end and jesus will tell us to use bitcoin
How dumb r u

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nikon+D810&_sop=15
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=canon+5ds+r&_sop=15
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Sony+A7III&_sop=15
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+a7riii&_sop=15
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Sony+A7C&_sop=15
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nikon+z6ii&_sop=15

>>4314641
>IBIS fails
Not as a rule. There are model specific flaws like the GH5's failing IBIS, yes, but most cameras with IBIS won't fail unless they sustain an impact strong enough to cause other failures or severe water/dirt intrusion. The sony/minolta cameras that introduced this feature mostly still work. After even 15 years the chances of IBIS failing are slim - possible to become a lone whiny DPreview post concerning a camera that sold millions of units, but not a guarantee.

The chances of a brand new fuji x-t5's weather sealing failing are thousands of times higher than a decent canikony body suffering an IBIS failure within 10 years. And if you do break your camera 10 years from now (it will be your fault), an exact replacement will be budget gear by then.
>>
>>4315212
Camera pricing has only really declined over the last two decades, especially when you account for inflation.
It's more likely the cost of replacement (even getting a better modern equivalent), would be cheaper, not more expensive.

>realistically the dollar is going to be entering hyper inflation soon
Can you make a position on how soon?
>>
>>4315315
>Can you make a position on how soon?
two more weeks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.