[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rp.png (278 KB, 956x598)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
anybody preordered this?
I always blamed myself not buying that old PS4 edition that came with a slot you had to put your Phone in (but now im glad because the app was removed from store)

this diecast one with built in working programs and radio sounds so cool

However if you didnt preorder before April 2017 - it will be shipped in 2025...what the fuck
>>
>>10969137
Reminder that Commander Keen did it first.
>>
>>10969137
>diecast
Ah. No, I want to be comfy when I LARP.
>>
>>10969408
you wasn't going to get it at first place.
PipBoys already exist but all of them are plastic.

Die Cast is a fucking 10/10 idea.
>larp
you never go outside let alone playing fallout larp shit
>>
>>10970048
I don't know.
Im very curious to see first reviews.

I tried to find hacked apps from previous PS4 PipBoy releases but had no luck.
i found couple but neither of them work properly, but when they did and connected to your actual Fallout4 game it was so awesome to see, i assume. You could actually use it like pip boy - to look up everything, in-game stats, play in-game games and etc.
>>
Does this belong to toys?
>>
>>10977665
its basically like those kamen rider belts or ben 10 watches
>>
It's Bethesda. Are you really going to roll the 2hundo dice on them not fucking this up? Have we already forgotten the 76 merch debacles of the leather jacket? the canvas bag? the mold ridden helmet? the rum? they couldn't get a beverage fucking right.

Is there any doubt in your mind that it won't be different than what's promised?

I get it, i want a cool pip boy, but i can't trust Bethesda not to drop the ball and pump out some shit thing as a quick cash grab to milk normies as they're exposed to the show.
>>
>>10977998
i agree-this why i didnt buy it yet

the old PS4 pip boy costs the same amount. >>10970348
I'm searching for hacked offline app to have it work. Had no luck so far.
as soon as i knew they making a slide-in-phone pip boy with a downloadable app i knew it will last only so long...until they remove their app off all stores making it useless.
>>
>>10977998
>the mold ridden helmet?
Didn't hear about this one.
>>
>>10977998
Wand Company is handling the actual manufacture of the Pip Boy. They've released 2 different Pip Boys that didn't suck, one a kit, one pre-built

I would be concerned about weight because it's die cast and the prior ones were both plastic to my knowledge. The issues from that could be weight, denting, rusting, but yeah, I'm taking that gamble because Wand's overpriced but does pretty good work in general. The fact this has a legit screen makes me hope the community cracks it open and makes it hackable.
>>
It wouldn't fit on my arm because I weigh 400 pounds. If you see someone actually managing to wear it they aren't a true rpg fan.
>>
>>10978055
The fallout 76 collectors edition came with a power armor helmet that got recalled due to mold in the straps.

this was after the "canvas bag" was made of nylon and they got busted lying claiming a canvas shortage, but a month or two prior at an influencer event they were handing out... you guessed it, canvas bags to the streamers.
>>
>>10977998
>>10978324
That was the Nuka Cola helmet, not the one that came with the collectors edition. It was through GameStop, they canceled all the pre orders for the whole mold thing so they never went out. They then later sold “refurbished” versions of the helmet for like half price. I picked it up at the time, it’s not bad.
>>
the fallout 4 pipboy was garbage.
the "model kit" pipboy that was released with fallout 76 was so much better
>>
>>10978327
Oh, my mistake, but doesn't alter the point: Bethesda is a greedy fuckup of a company that you can't trust not o be short sighted and shitty to it's customers.
>>
>>10978412
I have both. The fallout 4 one, yes, is way worse. But it’s not awful. There’s also the Bluetooth one from fo4 that’s a lot better and actually works.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.