[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Hotline Miami Jacket.jpg (116 KB, 600x1000)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
why licensing video game characters into action figure is rare as finding a diamond in a pond
just like pic related, its almost 10 years ago that this came out as a Kickstarter and it has not aged fine as a figure, especially with the chinese bodies you can find on aliexpress and customs that you can make for much cheaper, since the figure costed a whopping 150 $ and if you missed it then bye bye
why no toy company ever touch something smaller like Hotline Miami or Furi since the license cost much cheaper
>>
File: file.jpg (95 KB, 600x1067)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>10978432
>>
>>10978432
>>10978438
I want these now
>>
>>10978432
>>10978438
>>10983056
Because gamers don't buy toys. They want escapist realty in a faraway universe, not a fuckin doll
>>
File: 1695069677297285.jpg (59 KB, 347x360)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>10978432
>costed
>150 $
>why no toy company
>>
>>10978432
Always thought this was ridiculous for the price and quality, I think they marketed it as more of an art doll thing. Yet here we are now with 150 dollar figures people don’t seem to bat an eye at. On the bright side this has to be one of the easiest customs you could make
>>
>>10983786
It’s a 1/6 figure? Hot Toys go for almost $300.
>>
File: 1713126453231493.png (949 KB, 1701x2278)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
>>10978432
because most of these video game series don't have a wide variety of characters that would sell well.
take for example gta, a series that hasn't had a action figure line not including third party figures or that one 1/6 claude figure.
If a company decided to get the license from rockstar (it wouldn't be cheap) and made a line for something like gta 5, they could only really make the 3 main protags and maybe lamar?
That's 4 figures, why waste all that time money and resources only to release 4 figures.
That's why nowadays we only really series with a MASSIVE list of characters get lines because they can always make more characters that will actually sell.
(Sonic the hedgehog, pokemon, mario, Street fighter, etc)
>>
>>10985157
this is bullshit because starcraft has like 100 figures and vehicles and playsets you could make and they've only ever fucked it up and made like 3 figures before cancelling 5 different lines that were all too fucking big to start out with.
>>
>>10983794
Back then, Hot Toys could be had for as cheap as $120 and even then this was no where near the quality.
>>
>>10985531
I would buy every figure from a line of Final Fantasy Tactics figures. I mean hell, I kind of already have with the three Bringarts they put out. But if they started pumping out Generic units....well I'd certainly be filling up my roster.

That said, Blizzard is notorious for tanking any attempts at toylines for their IPs. Just like they're notorious for tanking their IPs to begin with.
>>
Why won't they just make a Travis Touchdown already
>>
jakks is carrying the torch, every walmart now has streets of rage and altered beast figures. the ideal situation is a toy company getting access to a publisher's range of IP instead of just one series.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.