[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lasermsx2a.png (763 KB, 1076x486)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
Is there anything interesting and worth playing on the MSX/MSX2 computers? Other than the first Metal Gear games.
>>
Fray, Knightmare games and Tales of Popolon (not retro) the first parodius maybe
Also SD snatcher but I guess that counts as metal gear
>>
>>10939849
I prefer the MSX2 version of Snatcher to the other versions. It's just more soulful with the MSX graphics, and there's an English translation for it.

Aleste 2 is worth checking out too, though it's hard as hell.
>>
>>10939883
>>10939890
These look fun, thanks.
>>
>>10939849
Konami has a lot of cool stuff on the MSX, and if you happen to be a HAL Labs fan, all their weird early shit is on MSX.
>>
>bought an MSX 2+ with a couple flashcarts from some nerdy boomer
>have yet to even plug it in
>>
I thought Antarctic Adventure was pretty fun. I didn't care for the sequel too much and thought the boss battles ruined it.
>>
File: IMG_20190801_053629.jpg (1.1 MB, 1483x2048)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>10939849
Yes, most of the Konami exclusives are worth looking into, especially Space Manbow.
>>
>>10939890
>I prefer the MSX2 version of Snatcher to the other versions
why? it ends on a cliff-hanger
>>10939849
konami, falcom and compile were the main devs. not much outside of those 3 except all the modern day homebrew
>>
Yeah MSX is mostly a Konami machine.
Hi no tori aka Firebird for MSX2 is pretty good. Like a more advanced take on Knightmare.
>>
stuff that Yuzo Koshiro composed for
>>
>>10939849
Treasure of Usas is the best MSX2 exclusive nobody talks about.

Aleste , Aleste 2, and Aleste Gaiden

Laydock, Laydock 2 and Super Laydock

Famicle Parodic 1 & 2

Knightmare & Knightmare II: Maze of Galious
>>
>>10939849
Knightlore, Gunfright, Kings's Valley 1 & 2, Dustin, Starquake
>>
>>10939849
MSX castlevania 1
>>
Athletic Land/Cabbage Patch Kids are fun examples of very early platformers.
Was Smurf ever ported to the MSX?
>>
>>10939849
ultima 1-4

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.