[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>hello, future-man who's wearing cloths I've never seen before in my life, I have an indian accent for some reason despite living in the bombed out hellscape of the United States over a century after the apocalypse!

Behold, a game that many gamers hold to be the best RPG of all time.
>>
>>3475515
Epic troll my man, you are a legion
>>
File: 64364.gif (55 KB, 638x498)
55 KB
55 KB GIF
>Bombed-out irradiated ruin of a pre-war big city infested with shambling walking and talking corpses known as 'ghouls' is called...
>Necropolis.
>>
>>3475550
thats some old school Mad Max vibe
>>
>>3475550
Why don't you come up with a better name, then.
>>
Lets be real, after you wouldn't even understand the "English" they spoke. One guy starts saying his vowels differently, another person adds their own cultural spin to their words, soon enough every region of the wasteland starts having their own regional flavors carry that on for 100 years and those flavors stop being mutually intelligible. Without mass media or a government to formalize an official language every town or hamlet would develop their own way of speaking.
>>
>>3475620
I saw this thread on v 2 days ago, its just cheap bait
>>
>>3475616
Ghoul Town
>>
>>3475626
Ghoulton
Goulton
Goultn
Gultn

Call it Gultn
>>
>>3475626
Starvington
>>
>>3475628
Mutown
>>
>>3475628
Guilotine
Might work actually
>>
>>3475629
Skeletown
>>
>>3475515
The point of the accent was to communicate his role as the chief of a small village, giving him an Indian accent also makes him feel somewhat unexpected, which makes sense because the Vault Dweller is in an unexpected and bizarre situation, and the whole of Shady Sands works as a good intro to put the Player in the Vault Dweller's shoes and also as an introduction to Post-Apocalyptic life
>>3475550
This is retarded though
>>
>>3475638
>The point of the accent was to communicate his role as the chief of a small village
how does it do that?
>>
>>3475624
Nah, makes sense.
>>
>>3475515
>wearing cloths I've never seen before in my life
It has been couple decades since I've played this game but wasn't Shady Sands populated by descendants of people coming from Vault 15? As such they should have known what vault jumpsuit is.
>>
>>3475515
Copying my post but dumber, anon?
>>3470587
>>
>>3475635
Skellingtown
>>
>>3475661
Nice

Bone City
>>
The true way to play is to pick one of the pre-gens and play them as accurately to thier written profile as possible.
>>
>>3475515
He loses affinity towards you if you try to be vague about where you came from instead of flat out saying you're from a vault
>>
>>3475663
Boneyard
>>
>>3475656
I think you guys overinterpretate things. Its supposed to be mad max rpg, savage tribes, dead cities, raiders like hells angels - its like complaining mad max one doesnt make sense. Kts more about aestetics
>>
>>3475670
Dang it

City of the Dead
>>
>>3475676
Dead City is too cheap. Were getting back to the beggining - Nekropolis
>>
>>3475676
Another idea: lost city or dead fog(would be good for Glow but Glow is good enough)
>>
>>3475515
He comes from Vault 15. Or at least, his ancestor did. Vault 15 was filled with people from radically diverse ideologies.
Aradesh' people went on and funded Shady Sands, some others funded the Vipers/Khans/Jackals instead.
>>
>>3475680
I liked ones from Sonora with Mad Bitch as a leader
>>
>>3475671
>Its supposed to be mad max rpg
no it isn't cringelord, road warrior is cited as one among like a dozen influences. it's just supposed to be a post-apocalyptic role-playing game, stop promoting anti-intellectualism
>>
>>3475683
Me too. I made sure to come back when I had a flamer for them.
>>
>>3475688
Yeah i killed them too but mostly because it wss pain in the ass to finish the quest
>>
>>3475680
This is an after the fact explanation written by Chris Avellone as part of the whole "vaults are social experiments" nonsense that never should have been created. It doesn't explain the accent at all, since if it's so diverse and overcrowded, then the children would have their accents blend. Aradesh is just a dumb character for flavour that really makes no sense.
>>
>>3475695
Vault 15 being diverse was absolutely the intent even if it wasn't necessarily meant to be a social experiment. They call their two-headed cows Brahmin, Aradesh likes to go on about Dharma. There was a group of people within the vault who decided to stick to that way of speaking English all those years.
In contrast you have Loxley in The Hub who tries his best to keep up an English accent that was passed down to him through generations in his Robin Hood LARP.
>>
>>3475698
It sounds tribal, that's it
>>
>>3475695
>This is an after the fact explanation written by Chris Avellone as part of the whole "vaults are social experiments" nonsense that never should have been created.
Regardless, Vault 15 did end its isolation rather early and it was most definitely filled with some kind of inner turmoil. This is already obvious when you have your first conversation in the game with the girl at the gate without postmortem additions.
>It doesn't explain the accent at all, since if it's so diverse and overcrowded, then the children would have their accents blend.
They kept themselves separate from the others, forming smaller communities within the Vault.
It happened in Vault 13 too, or do you think that the Russian voices in the soundtrack background are just for show?
>>
>>3475698
Like i said it was clusterfuck of someones cool ideas, making your own lore about it well its creative but silly
>>
>>3475700
Indian Indian is not "tribal."
>>
>>3475698
Yeah, it doesn't work that way, children learn their speech from their peers, not their parents You don't create affectations of speech in dire straits where getting along with your fellows is a priority. It was just the braindead developers mimicking the people and situations they see everyday in diverse metropolitan setting they live in. Retarded Hollywood shit from hacks who can't into fiction.
>>
>>3475704
>children learn their speech from their peers
Thats not that simple, its more like both things really.
>>
>>3475704
Tandi doesn't have the accent which shows that the children have begun co-mingling.
>>
>>3475704
>who can't into fiction.
Well thats not fair, would like to see you being mastermind behind it all
>>
>>3475700
No it doesn't. There's nothing tribal about Aradesh, he's Gandhish, an educated and well-spoken Indian.
>>3475701
>This is already obvious when you have your first conversation in the game with the girl at the gate
Yeah, Katarina, not much of an Indian name there.
>They kept themselves separate from the others, forming smaller communities within the Vault.
Yeah, that's retarded.
>Russian voices in the soundtrack background
Probably just something they sampled and threw in without thinking.
>>
>>3475707
Aradesh would've been a child in the Vault, even if his parents were first generation immigrants or something. It's just dumb.
>>
>>3475709
>Gandhish
What the fuck is that, some fantasy race?
>>
>>3475709
>Yeah, Katarina, not much of an Indian name there.
And?
>Yeah, that's retarded.
Smaller insular groups forming in an already small community? Impossible! Never happened before or ever!
>Probably just something they sampled and threw in without thinking.
So you ignore the description of one of the pre-made characters too?
>>
File: getnuked.jpg (275 KB, 1365x915)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>3475712
>>
>>3475713
>Smaller insular groups forming in an already small community? Impossible! Never happened before or ever!
Yep, wouldn't be functional in a Vault.
>So you ignore the description of one of the pre-made characters too?
Also dumb. See, the thing is that I realize that they weren't putting any thought into these things, they just threw shit together at will.
>>
>>3475714
Oh. Never knew thats a word
>>
>>3475716
Fallout was made by midwits but there's a world of difference in their world building compared to Bethesda's.
>>
>>3475718
Putting -ish on something means like that thing. English protip.
>>
>>3475716
>Yep, wouldn't be functional in a Vault.
Good thing most vaults are outright dysfunctional, then. Even ignoring the social experiments part.
Besides, it's not like you can prevent people to form inner group preferences.
>Also dumb.
No u
>>
>>3475720
Sounds like some indian caste or some shit, its too exotic to me
>>
How would a vault of Indians smell like?
>>
>>3475725
There are no streets in a Vault. They'd have to adapt to toilets.
>>
>>3475725
Pigrats and collapsed rocks.
>>
>>3475515
>Never seen before
Shady Sands was founded by vault dwellers you fucking retard.
>>
>>3475725
Imagine how quickly it would fill up with shit, it would be a bigger threat than the super mutants
>>
>>3475550
>Bombed-out irradiated ruin of a pre-war big city infested with crime groups known as 'gangs' that loot everything is called...
>Negropolis
>>
>>3475786
I thought it was called Baltimore
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (20 KB, 498x405)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>3475726

>adapt to toilets

They'd have designated shitting halls.
>>
>>3475725
Sand rocks like inngreece
>>
>>3475550
Sounds cool
>>
>>3475725
>>3475753
>nordicist cucks projecting their scat fetish out of nowhere
>>
Razlo the doctor is also Indian according to concept art. It can be assumed that even before the experiment retcon, vault 15 had a decent number of Indian residents
>>
>>3475722
if those in group preferences were so strong, how come they didn't persist in the groups they made after dissolution? both shady sands and the khans are multicultural.
>>
>in this game where you fight giant rats in post-apocalyptic LA, the most unbelievable thing is that you meet an indian
>>
>>3476543
verisimilitude exists. don't hire a lebanese to voice an indian in your post-apoc cali setting.
>>
>>3475628
Nope, a better name woulda been glowingdeadradiationman-town.
>>
>future-man
didn't Aradesh also come out of a vault?
>>
>>3476543
why not make everyone have blue colored skin too while were making shit happen that has no logical bearing even within the universes rules
>>
>>3476596
honestly the random british robin hood guy is more out of place
>>
>>3476564
Shalhoub can talk like any other American, they directed him to speak with an accent.
>>
>>3476610
which makes it even funnier and more retarded
>>
I started Fallout 1 today and fucked my save by accidentally quicksaving after aggroing the raiders (meant to hit the quickload button) so I'm just gonna restart.

My build was

With Small Guns, Steal and Speech tagged with Gifted and Fast Shot

I'm considering restarting with a similar build but with Finesse instead of Fast shot. Is that viable?
I know there is a hunting rifle in Vault 15 since I cleared it on my dead save.
>>
>>3476641
>accidentally quicksaving
Try to overwrite your saves the least amount possible in order to avoid potential corruption.
>I'm considering restarting with a similar build but with Finesse instead of Fast shot. Is that viable?
Personally I'd avoid Finesse. The -30% damage is kinda huge and not worth the suffering it brings you in the early levels, and even after that I'd call it a very bad tradeoff.
Fast Shot is nice but having the flexibility of aimed shots is better for a first timer imo. You can target legs/arms and most enemies will flee once their limbs are crippled. Or target eyes with high skill for free crits and massive damage multiplier. Your call, however.
I also dislike Gifted and prefer Skilled over it, but they're both perfectly good options.
>>
>>3475725
>Vault 525
>All Indian people
>many toilets available, but they never get used. People just poop in the kitchens, bedrooms, hallways etc
>Actually ends up being a highly succesful stable society, except for the shitty odor

>Vault 526
>80% White people, 13% Black people, 7% Asian people
>Vault Tech installed no toilets and provided no toilet paper
>In less than 2 years, all vault residents went insane and murdered each other because they could not cope with the smell
I imagine Indians would probably do alright in the wasteland because they don't seem to mind living in filth and squalor like most civilized races do, Hindus wouldn't be driven to madness complaining about the foul smell of the wasteland for example, to them it just smells normal
>>
>>3476641
Here's a tip, stop putting your quicksave button right next to your fucking quickload button.
>>
Fallout 1 is so 90’s it depicts Indians as just quirky brown foreigners instead of the way they are now
>>
>>3475626
Fuck!
>>
>>3475661
based, stealing this for my game title.
>>
Why does power armor give you +3 STR instead of setting your STR to a specific level? Wouldn't it make more sense if Power Armor just set your STR to 10.
>>
>>3477141
that would make power armour even more broken
>>
>>3475550
>bombed out ruin called Necropolis
This is peak 90s writing. Cool and straight to the point.
What should it have been called in your opinion, if not this?
>>3475515
>I have an Indian accent
And why is that strange? It's pretty clearly implied they are descendants of Indian Vault Dwellers. The whole 'separate culturally homogenous societies develop after apocalypse' is a huge theme in the game
>>
>>3477160
>And why is that strange?
What's the point of not reading a thread or responding to anyone who already pointed out why that's dumb. We get it, you like the game and can't accept any criticism of it and headcanon any flaw into some kind of purposeful design.
>>
>>3475701
>Vault 13 Russian voices in the soundtrack background
Literally sampled from a Depeche Mode song, there's also a section where you can hear words reversed - that's taken from the same song.
It's a song about nuclear war so makes sense the composer threw that in. Needed a "pre-war ominious garbled voice, almost like a colonel ordering a nuclear strike over an intercom".

You're reading into shit that isn't there.
>>
>>3477173
Reminds me when DS2 lorefags tried to read into the unclear dialogue of a boss, later turned out to be a sample of some irrelevant song
>>
>>3477138
good good, is it RPG? post it here if it does
>>
>>3477169
You never explained why it's dumb beyond "yeah it's dumb".

A lot of post-apocalyptic fiction involves groups of survivors who adapt certain pre-war items/slang words/traditions. Often this is done humorously, whereby their original meaning is twisted, to showcase that there's been a huge cultural shift after the war.

In this case it was to show that a vault dwelling community would have formed their own homogenous culture as they're pretty much separated from the rest of the world.

You claim this is dumb but this is simply a trope of the genre, and is very believable. A group of Indians resided in Vault 15 and Shady Sands are their descendants. Why Indians? Probably because 90s and all that New Age/Eastern Philosophy is 'le cool' (TM). Does it offend you?
>>
>>3477200
no, you never engaged with any posts about it
>A lot of post-apocalyptic fiction involves groups of survivors who adapt certain pre-war items/slang words/traditions
this is dumb
> would have formed their own homogenous culture
but they didn't
>a trope of the genre, and is very believable
lol
>A group of Indians resided in Vault 15 and Shady Sands are their descendants.
they wouldn't have accents after living together with other people for over a century. people don't stay immigrants.
>Does it offend you?
stupidity offends me
>>
>>3477159
It should be, its endgame armor.
>>
>>3477375
>>A lot of post-apocalyptic fiction involves groups of survivors who adapt certain pre-war items/slang words/traditions
>this is dumb
Real compelling counter argument there chud.
>>a trope of the genre, and is very believable
>lol
Real compelling counter argument there chud.
>they wouldn't have accents after living together with other people for over a century
They left the Vault in 2097 and formed their own community.
Entirely reasonable Aradesh would have picked up the same accent as the pajeet diaspora he grew up in. That's a typical trope of an isolated community after an apocalyptic event, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>3477551
>pajeet diaspora he grew up in
he grew up in a diverse vault from what we actually know from the games. again, this is dumb, you are just making excuses for it, filling in the blanks because you want to think that the developers put some kind of thought into it.
>>
>>3477173
There are are descendants of Russians in Vault 13, like the premade character Natalia, as in Fallout lore the USSR became a puppet state of the US
>>
>anons are unironically and angrily debating the realism of a poojeet accent in a game that’s pushing 30
Yup that’s enough /vrpg/ for the day I think
>>
>>3477670
yep, you should go back, this is a high iq zone. within this quality fallout thread, as we see potentially the first time this particular linguistic discussion has happened in the last 26.5 years.
>>
>>3477621
>he grew up in a vault
Now I know you're not only a social reject, but also a retard because Aradesh lived in and grew up in Shady Sands.
The game literally tells you that it was formed by his ancestor
>>
>>3475515
are you retarded? he has an accent that mixes many accents cuz his vault was an experiment where they put multiple ethnicities together
>>
>>3477670
why can't you stop whining like faggot??? nobody cares
>>
>>3478206
>experiment where they put multiple ethnicities together
USA in a vault
>>
>>3477141
So what happens if you have 8 or more STR and put on power armor? Does it just cap at 10 or does it go up to 11? Never did a high STR run.
>>
>>3478294
Caps at 10.
>>
>>3478294
F1 and 2 caps at 10, Tactics lets you go over 10 with drugs, gear, and some perks
>>
op you do know where the word "brahmin" comes from right?
>>
>>3476543
>>
>>3478465
Yet you didn't complain about the thieves guild guy with the british accent. How curious.
>>
>>3478553
The game itself actually has him explain his accent for you. His ancestors were Brits and they kept learning it in the family.
>>
>>3478574
So why is that an acceptable explanation for his accent but not Aradesh's?
>>
>>3478181
my bad, haven't played it in many years. but, lol, that's even worse. he grew up in shady sands which is diverse.
>>3478206
this was written by chris avellone years later. he was probably fixing their retardation.
>>
>>3478576
there is no explanation for aradesh's accent.
>>
>>3478592
You could rationalize him having that accent in many different ways, you really need every little thing spelled out for you? Also why does it even bother you in the first place that someone has an accent, do you ever go outside or talk to anyone?
>>
>>3478613
it's poor world building that stands out to me because i go outside and meet people and understand that they aren't tv characters who are assigned an accent by the script, like aradesh. now, why does my criticism of this game bother you? is it because you are a mindless fanboy that is driven to defend any misstep with some kind of rationalization?
>>
>>3478576
There are possibilities for his accent, but none are given in the game. Tandi not having one also complicates things.
>>
>>3477180
Zanzibart.. forgive me..

The maymaylands writer was 100% fucking right, Dark souls and it's consequences have been a disaster for videogame storytelling
>>
>>3478576
>>3478592
>>3478613
>>3478637
....Have none of you niggers actually played the game?
Vault 15 was literally full of people with radically different cultural backgrounds.
It was literally the DEI-Vault.
Which is why it became a shithole real quick.
The only white people became so mad about the constant smell that they became Raiders.

Its beyond me why this smelly curryfaggots accent bothers you.
>>
>>3478732
>Vault 15 was literally full of people with radically different cultural backgrounds.
I know. But 2nd genners usually speak typical American English as Tandi does. But Aradesh is far from a 2nd genner, so one would think he would sound like an American. It's unknown whether they put any thought into why he sounds the way he does or if it was a decision they made thoughtlessly. I don't believe anyone's ever asked Cain or any of the other devs about it.
>>
>>3478732
>Vault 15 was literally full of people with radically different cultural backgrounds.
by the way, where does it say this in game?
>>
>>3478613
Because people don't inherit an accent from their parents, they learn it from their peers. Either there is a community where everyone speaks like Apu or no one would have that accent.
>>
>>3478772
You don't need it spelled it out in the game, it's obvious how Shady Sands has all those Indians who talk about Dharma and named their cows Brahmin and then you have the Khans who model themselves after Mongolians and Alya confirms they came from the very same vault.
>>
>>3478772
By the way, why are you moving the goalpost?
>>
>>3478805
yet Katrina, a blonde woman, is at the gate and a former resident of vault 15, though they also say aradesh's ancestors founded shady sands. also why do people in other towns call them brahmin as well? obviously they didn't put much thought into this stuff, which is why chris avellone wrote the fallout bible to try and fix things, though the social experiment stuff is just awful.
>>
>>3478806
>have none of you played the game
>where in game
>g-g-g-goal p-p-p-posts
lol, hear that guys? the cry of the loser in any argument
>>
>>3478811
>yet Katrina, a blonde woman, is at the gate and a former resident of vault 15
Diversity also includes Euro-Americans.
>though they also say aradesh's ancestors founded shady sands
She talks about this, there was a schism. The Indians and Monolians left the vault, the white people stayed inside until they were attacked by raiders, so they left for Shady Sands and embraced the Indians and their ways.
>also why do people in other towns call them brahmin as well?
The power of memes. Shady Sands isn't isolated.
>>
>>3478826
>Diversity also includes Euro-Americans.
No it doesn't. White people loose their Aryan phenotype just by being born too close to untermenshen. That's why I was born with brown eyes instead of blue I should had.
>>
>>3478826
>he Indians and Monolians left the vault, the white people stayed inside until they were attacked by raiders
again, there is no indication of this in game. this is headcanon.
>the power of memes
i accept your concession.
>>
File: Brahman_(Bos_indicus).jpg (295 KB, 1280x960)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
okay, i did a little research because i'm wondering why Indians would name cows brahmin in the first place, as i actually know something about hinduism. turns out they censor that in the Indian version of fallout 3 because it's offensive to hindus. brahmin actually comes from American Brahman, a breed of cattle orginally from India.
>>
>>3478859
It could also make sense if there weren't actually that many hindus in the vault itself. Hindu theme could be more about californians fascinated by gurus and all that new age bullshit than actual people from the subcontinent. Aradesh is most likely just a hispanic who's great grandpa was really into hippy shit.
>>
>>3478811
>Katrina
You mean the women that tells you that she was from Vault 15?
>Yes, I can tell you are from a Vault. You have that look about you. I came from Vault-15, to the east.
>>3478843
See above.
>>
>>3478859
we found the answer, Aradesh came with the cows
>>
>>3478843
Also this
>My life was very boring. I was raised in a Vault. I lived there for many years. Unfortunately, we were crowded and life was very bad. There was a schism, and many people left, taking with them the best equipment. Still, some of us tried to stay in the Vault. But then we were attacked. I was hurt, and I ended up here.
>>
>>3478865
no, Brahman are an American breed of cattle. notice the hump. nothing to do with hinduism.
>>3478872
no indication that it was a racial or cultural schism. gwen is a khan, doesn't sound mongolian to me.
>>
>>3478867
i see, aradesh was born in 1885. he's actually a vampire and bethesda including them in fallout 3 was an inspired and insightful reference.
>>
>>3478875
Dharma was most likely inspired by hinduism. Most likely half-remembered incorrect view of it in the first place.
>>
>>3478888
sure, they threw a bunch of concepts together with no real thought.
>>
>>3478875
Gwen is young, the schism was started by Death-Hand, Garl's father.
>>
>>3478988
so mongolians who isolated and kept their accents for decades named one their children gwen and alya and petrox and diana? it's not just random people banding together? for that matter, is garl a common mongolian name?
>>
>>3475550
>Bombed-out irradiated ruin of a pre-war big city infested with shambling walking and talking corpses known as 'ghouls' is called...
>Skellington
>>
>>3475515
It's really weird that in a game that involves zombies, superhuman mutations, plasma weapons, gigantic scorpions, power armor, aliens and Dr Who you draw the line at WHY BROWN PERSON TALK FUNNY.
>>
>>3479036
There are no brown people in Hyberborelifornia. Every californian is blonde and blue eyed. Hitler particles cause this.
>>
>>3479036
it's just a mental exercise to mess with fallout fanboys and see the lengths they will go to in order to defend poor worldbuilding with canned responses like yours.
>>
>>3479081
"Poor worldbuilding" is such an empty criticism made by people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, if you want to start talking about canned responses.
>>
>>3479081
>funny brown man talk funny
>global south is fallen billions must get AIDS
>>
>>3479093
i've went into specifics already, which you refuse to address because of laziness. how exactly would an indian accent be found in someone raised in the post-apocalyptic setting of california? people should be speaking some mix of spanish and english if you want to get real. it's just things thrown together without thought, which is poor worldbuilding.
>>
>>3479098
i love how you keep awkwardly trying to make this racial. is that the only reason you defend it, because it's "racist" to criticize nonsensical linguistic depictions? you tards can't even talk about nationality and human speech without seeing bogeymen.
>>
>>3479100
Oh, I'm not calling you racist. I'm calling you a nigger.
>>
>>3479104
of course, that's how poorly your brain operates. about the same level as the developers of fallout. :)
>>
>>3479109
>fallout was made by nigger-haters
I guess that does explain Arcanum.
>>
File: Tramell_Ray_Isaac.png (321 KB, 450x450)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>3479112
did you know a black guy drew the vault boy art?
>>
>>3479099
You've spent all thread bitching about how an Indian guy living in California speaks with an Indian accent and how that doesn't meet your realism standards but you never mention how so much of the thing is a Mad Max ripoff that uses specific Australian references when that makes even less sense to your precious worldbuilding. Trying to think of why one would bother you and the other doesn't, truly a mystery.
>>
>>3479148
>specific Australian references
tell me more about them, i'm happy to add to the list.
>Trying to think
you probably shouldn't, seems like it's not your forte.
>>
>>3479120
Good for him!
>>
>>3475515
Now I can't get out if my head the mental image of him screaming at Khans to not redeem Tandi.
>>
>>3479009
We have no idea what the Khans sound like because they have no talking heads. They're not race-exclusive, but the gang was started predominantly by Mongolians, because Americans of other ethnicities would not get the idea of "We need to name ourselves after Genghis and be like him" that's a Mongolian pride "I can trace my ancestry back to Genghis Khan" thing.
>>
>>3479541
there's a large california outlaw biker gang called the "Mongols" and they aren't predominately mongolian lol

What is living with autism like?
>>
>>3479558
Those guys aren't white either.
https://www.grunge.com/773286/rules-that-members-of-the-mongols-bike-gang-have-to-follow/
>The possible origin for this comes from the fact that the Mongols were founded by Hispanic bikers as an alternative to the Hells Angels motorcycle club, which was founded in 1948. In the late 1960s Hells Angels didn't allow non-white bikers to join as members.
Indigenous Americans originally come from East Asia so it does make sense for them to identify with Asians.
>>
doing a not my problem play soon where I am a caravan guard that doesn´t do any help quests
>>
>>3479541
>the gang was started predominantly by Mongolians
headcanon
>because Americans of other ethnicities would not get the idea of "We need to name ourselves after Genghis and be like him"
>that's a Mongolian pride "I can trace my ancestry back to Genghis Khan" thing
complete nonsense. it's just random people using a name for fun, there is no indication that they are mongolian in any way.
>Indigenous Americans originally come from East Asia so it does make sense for them to identify with Asians
holy shit, identity politics has ruined you. confronted with the actual origin of the khan's a hispanic biker gang, you still fantasize. fanboy reaching combined with twitter politics is pathological.
>>
>>3479813
Gangs in reality segregate among racial lines. Fallout is a work of fiction so they can do multiracial gangs like The Warriors so as to not offend, but their world isn't rooted in such fantasy nonsense that they'd have a white guy start a gang called the Khans.
>>
>>3479816
>a white guy start a gang called the Khans
doesn't have to be a white guy, there's just no indication that they are actually mongolian and none of them have mongolian names. why this seesaw between white and non-white, anyway?
>their world isn't rooted in such fantasy nonsense
absolutely it is. it's based on a hollywood perception of reality. that's why tony shaloub does a voice for aradesh. what you are doing is attempting to justify poor world building. poorly.
>>
>>3478814
You lost the argument tho.

next time play the game you bitch about first.
>>
OP keeps coming back to this thread just so he can get cooked lmao
>>
>>3479907
no, i actually know way more about fallout than you. i know it isn't in game and that this nonsense was written in 2002 by chris avellone for the fallout bible because he was trying to codify the gibberish they threw together. owned.
>>
>>3479972
no, OP is probably just watching me school all you wannabe fallout fans and laughing.
>>
>>3480008
>You guys are the mindless fallout fanboys even though I'm the only one constantly coming back to this thread to not shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>3480144
yes, i find arguing fun. i even like the game and can still be critical of it. problem?
>>
>>3480150
You must be lonely.
>>
>>3475515
Well duh it's a new world and you can be whatever you wanna be so this guy chose to be an idiot it's kino you retard
>>
>>3480150
Yeah, we sort of got that OP/you are a social reject.
Like the other guy said, you keep coming back here just to get owned. That’s sad.
>>
>>3480556
sorry, i'm here for an actual argument, not this make shit up garbage you do.
>>
>>3480609
Are you still here?
>>
>>3481407
this isn't physical space, anon. none of us are here.
>>
>>3475707
>Tandi took the BWC
Based
>>
>>3475710
>child in the vault
Which is why he had a mix of various accents.
>dumb
Not really.
>>
>>3476641
Finesse sucks
A called shot to the eye has 60% crit bonus, with 5 luck that's 65%
Going from 65 to 75% crit is in no way worth a 30% damage penalty

Almost every trait sucks honestly.
>>
>>3483919
Its not actually that bad because armor penetration crits penetrate the finesse penalty itself. 4/5 of eye crits bypass armor before better criticals, and non bypass crits wouldn't kill with or without finesse on anything dangerous

So effectively it makes you get dud eye shots that don't do megadamage slightly less for a slightly more annoying early game
>>
>>3475620
>retard implies human survivors wouldn't immediately start aggregating into larger mutually dependent systems of trade and economic migration that demand a formal and shared language
modern cultureslop with 5 different types of shitskin living near you speaking 5 different languages is what is forced upon us, not unity. you're dumb and so is your headcanon
>>
>>3476665 (off by one)
>Try to overwrite your saves the least amount possible in order to avoid potential corruption
I had multiple playthroughs corrupt on me until I started using every single slot. When every slot was filled, I'd start back at the top and make my way down again. What the fuck is the deal with save corruption in this game?
>>
I don't remember Fallout ever having a quicksave/quickload feature. Is this added by some mod, or something? Granted it's been many years since I played it, but.
>>3484061
I had multiple playthroughs corrupt on me until I started using every single slot. When every slot was filled, I'd start back at the top and make my way down again. What the fuck is the deal with save corruption in this game?
I always used all ten slots in repeating order like that, just as a save hygiene thing to prevent fucking up and getting stuck.
Also I don't think I ever ran into save corruption once in either game. Is this a mod thing?
>>
>>3479120
Did you know that a black guy invented the first Cyberpunk RPG?
>>
>>3484131
Cyberpunk (the game) was just cyberpunk (the genre): greatest hits edition. It's thoroughly derivative. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it's hardly an "invention".
>>
>>3484131
i know who mike pondsmith is, yes. i owned cyberpunk 2020 books in 1994. that cdpr game was a real disappointment.
>>
>>3476725
Ironic given the fact that plumbing was (I shit you not) invented in India.
>>
>>3484110
>Also I don't think I ever ran into save corruption once in either game. Is this a mod thing?
Well I was only using the community bug fix and utility mods that people recommended, so I can't imagine it would have been. Although now that I think about it, my dumbass may have been playing it off a USB back then so that may have something to do with it.
>>
I wonder if making aradesh think dharma was a person was just his writer not knowing shit or if it was supposed to mean aradesh had learned a garbled fortune cookie version of hinduism from like two sheets of paper
>>
Is this really what Fallout 1 is like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3lbxMfFTb4

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.