[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5ednd.jpg (87 KB, 689x387)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
What do we think of this Fallout TTRPG system?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrPxY8iImE
>>
So instead of posting the actual system you show us a screenshot and a link of what I think is the guy from xp to lv3?
Fuck you sideways, hard.
>>
>>92667511
I am coming in with the angle you either know what it is and can discuss it or you're brand new and need a crash course.
>>
I think you're a fag and your shits all retarded.
>>
>>92667466
>>92667472
The way he described it, it sounds fucking awful. Like one of those cringe "lite RPG's". Completely redditified the setting. It's supposed to be a dour, grim, depressing, post apocalyptic travesty in game form where all actions have consequences, not le heckin wacky dunkacino desert game. Fuck zoomers.
>>
>>92667524
No, you show us a document so we can go over it and talk about its merits.
You’re the one who brought a tuber into this and tried to get us to watch the video.
Post the link to the doc/pdf if you want to salvage the thread
>>
>>92667524
You know what would be a good crash course? A book. I'm not going to waste 30+ minutes of my time watching some inbred hamplanet try to shill a product to me.
>>
>>92667544
You're such a sour piece of shit, and you misremember Fallout 1 and 2 if you don't think they had whimsical and humorous elements.
The system seems very much like it has consequences for actions, and that is much the responsibility of the GM. Just because you suck as a GM and can't hold your players responsible for their actions, doesn't mean the system is bad. You seem like you suck ass to play with.

I, for one, am greatly interested in the AP aspect of it. Makes it seem like a much more in depth warhammer quest or similar dungeon crawl game.
>>
Alright so OP doesn’t actually want to talk about the System and would rather bitch about people disliking his taste in YouTubers
You can tell he wants to fight you on this, which is why he choose xp to lv3
He is Fat, a Tuber, and left leaning in his politics
You just posted this guy so you can argue with some pol guy losing his shit
>>
>>92667466
It's okay but not great.

The real way to do it is with the GURPS fan supplement, since Fallout was designed based on GURPS in the first place.
>>
>>92667466
what fallout system? you just posted a picture of a fat guy
>>
>>92667662
The humor was in the form of sardonic mocking of 50's motifs, it was not deliberately wacky. You are the one misremembering the games. Tell me, what "wacky whimsical humor" comes to your mind while this music is always going on in the background?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaRiY7WkMhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6So4k5UqHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3SSZ86syrk

>Just because you suck as a GM and can't hold your players responsible for their actions, doesn't mean the system is bad. You seem like you suck ass to play with.
Coping retarded strawman that doesn't make sense because you have nothing to criticize my objectively correct take with? Thank you. You sound like a shitty player who probably gets upset when I say his character gets domed in the face from 400 yards away because he stupidly tried to assault a brotherhood of steel outpost, who then gets kicked from said game and nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: [Laughter Stops].png (200 KB, 356x256)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
Just use GURPS as it was based off that.
>>
>>92667466
So far it's okay, it really does try to stay close to the fallout game. Personally I would have just made a different system with a fallout paint since I don't think the game RPG mechanics carry as well into pen and paper. Also I don't like how you can play as a robot or super mutant but I get it, it would be boring if everyone was a human and adds roleplay options like racism. Overall it's good. If I had any nerd friends I would play it.
>>
File: Fallout.gif (310 KB, 350x262)
310 KB
310 KB GIF
>>92667769
barely
they lost the license early in development
what actually came out was closer to BRP
>>
>>92667701
>>92667769
It was supposed to be based on GURPS, but in the end it didn't use it, so to say that fallout uses GURPS is disingenuous. If anything, it uses a percentile system like BRP that adds perks
>>
>>92667544
The way he describes it sounds like the game. You get action points you spend on actions. Just like the video game.
>>
>>92667832
I never said it used GURPS, I said it was based on GURPS. And you can see the ancestry clearly, even if it uses percentiles.

I once ran a game using reverse-engineered rules from Arcanum. The rules are very similar to Fallout; if you wanted, you could reverse-engineer them too.
>>
>>92667801
The robot and super mutant strike me as the old school idea of being able to play as a monster (but you probably wouldn't, but you can)
>>
>>92667851
it's a fallout tactics thing
>>
>>92667466
>Fallout TTRPG system?
Which one?
>>
>>92667851
Don't get me wrong it's always a neat idea to play as a "monster" but I think it should noted as a optional rule and not in the base game so the GM can run a standard setting and choose to make it a bit weirder.

After reading it through I don't like it. It's mostly long list after long list. It really bodges it down. I can't imagine people playing it and read through all of this shit. I don't want 50 different types of hand guns with 50 different caliber of ammo or 30 different types of wooden clubs that deal slightly different damage.
>>
File: gayout.png (250 KB, 452x604)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
Fallout is gay lmao.
>>
No. There's a fucking normieflix show of it out now so I'm staying a million miles away from any Fallout shit until it's back out of vogue.

Last thing I need is to see the gormless drooling faces of my colleagues as I enthuse about awesome emergent story telling in early Fallout combat and they're just thinking in 12 second clips about looter shooter 76 and the hot new TV show and absolutely NEVER would I let slip that I have ran "Fallout D&D", a combination of words their fad chasing asses would leap on ravenously to be hip.
>>
>>92668121
seething contrarian
>>
>>92668127
Pappy always said
>If you're not mad about it you're one of the complicit idiots that make it easy or just too stupid to notice
>>
>>92667466
The official one is worse
But that’s not much as this is a 5e derivative of the setting. It also has too much power creep
>>
>>92668137
your pappy never said that, I was fuckin' im on the side
>>
I found a Fallout adaption for the first edition of Savage Worlds
So I decided to make my own version for the latest edition on first principles.
Then I discovered someone on the Discord already working on one and we had most of the same ideas.
>>
>>92667466
I think you should buy an AD.
>>
>>92667466
I’m really more of a JE Sawyer’s Fallout PnP kind of guy.
>>
>>92668121
>my le heckin setting was leaked to normies and now I'm sad and cant wipe their faces with how it's more than netshills vomit coctail
Boo hoo, afraid of hurting your colleagues feefees much?
>>
>>92667466
I'm not watching your yt you tubby fuck.
>>
>>92667466

That youtuber sucks but Fallout is aight.
>>
File: Crashedwhale[1].png (54 KB, 423x354)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>92668524
>>92667736
I agree it shouldn't be something you crowbar into a campaign, but you could encounter le heckin epic references.
>>
>>92667524

What book are you basing your understanding of the system on?
>>
>>92668570
I know it was never finished/his final design is under lock and key somewhere. But is the one floating around the final version published online?
>>
>>92668121
This, but not specifically for normalfags but for the fucking trend chasers in this hobby. Ever since the Game of Thrones series got momentum i saw tides of retards running games straight set in westeros or in fantasyland but with the brown filter on, after that every time another series got delivered i saw hordes of mongoloids descending on them to raid any spark of potential investment: Black Sails got out? Quick! Here's my deendee naval campaign! The rings of power is here! What did you know? I have ready a game in middle-earth! Etc...
Then 2 weeks top thereafter and the game dies as usual.
>>
>>92668671
He posted a nearly complete version on his tumblr one time, but I’m pretty sure that’s gone now
>>
>>92667472
Sounds terrible, just like you. If you want to discuss youtubers go to >>>/soc/
>>
>>92667466
>>92667472
It's already been done a bunch of times and the wheel didn't need to be reinvented yet again.
>>
>>92667472
>this post is advertising or begging
>>
>>92667466
>we
OK reddit
>>
>>92667662
>a few easter eggs like a philosophical debate with a rat or talking cows = LE HECKIN WACKERINO ALL LE TIME!!!!
Lemme guess, you also think Star Wars was nothing but quirky, yuck-it-up slapstick with zero serious moments because a stormtrooper bonked his head that one time.
>>
>>92667769
Not soo easy as it seems.
The roots are there (bases stats, derived stats, skills, traits) but

- gurps rolls 3d6 for attribute ine the 0-20 range, where special attributes are 0-10 and skills 0-100 (fuck f1,f2 200% skills system)

what kind of roll to choose ? d10 under ? against a fixed difficulty ? other ?

the first video games dis not explain well how calculated (in %) is the attteck, etc.. etc..

All these things are to be reconstructed to have a gurpish fallout TTRPG
>>
>>92669684
>point buy for SPECIAL stats
>skills start at 5x the associated SPECIAL stat (eg: Charisma 5 character would start with 25 in Speech)
>d10 roll under for SPECIAL checks
>d100 roll under for skill checks
>every level/every other level gain a perk that apply +/- based on circumstances

The only hard part to adapt to ttrpg would be combat where it'd probably be easier to just rip the system right out of a similar d100 game like WFRP or BRP.
Assigning the starting values of skills might need some work too. The actual formula used in the games seems a bit low which works in the video games since you progress a lot faster than in most ttrpgs, I just put 5x as a placeholder that seemed more fitting
>>
>>92667472
>d20
>5e D&D as a base
>"5e is super modular"
He fucking knows this was a retarded thing to do and that everyone will look down on him for it, but he did it anyways.
>>
>>92669684
>- gurps rolls 3d6 for attribute
>rolls for attribute
okay just shut up about GURPS if you don't know anything about it
>>
>>92667472
I guess I can steal some elements of this for my Fallout Equestria RPG system.
>>
>>92670310
gurps rolls 3d6, for attributes are in the 0-20 range

one coma missing and you can't understand anything dumbass ?
>>
>>92667466
Trash. Garbage.
Why is it some garbage d20 system instead of rolling a d10 when testing SPECIAL characteristics and d100 when testing Skills?
Why is it so absolutely stupid?

>Captcha: AHAH4
>>
>>92668701
Surely someone on 4chan saved it. Surely.
>>
>>92670232
Their critical role series where they've played this Fallout system for two years shows them all having a lot of fun. I think /tg/ is just senile at this point.
>>
>>92667466
Any nuanced discussion about this topic is basically impossible here because Fallout is the spergiest of spergy fandoms. The tangenting that Fallout fans do to use it as a soapbox to talk into identity politics or other unrelated culture war stuff is on the level of actual schizophrenia.

I actually watched the video, read his pdf, know Fallout, and know basically every Fallout homebrew system that has come before.

This system has flaws. But it's probably the best take on Fallout I've seen. Dunno if that means it's good enough for my standard- there's a real lack of GM tools here, but I'd rather wrestle with this than Modi, or Gen dice, or ancient systems, or some other nonsense.
>>
>>92673172
1) It is always possible to have fun with friends.
2) a good group with a good mentality will elevate a bad system
3) Performing in front of a camera fundamentally alters the nature of the play experience.
4) The dumb fuck didn't take that much from 5e so he should have just not said anything about it and he definitely should not have called 5e "modular"
>>
Since it’s free there should be no problem with posting it so people can actually see the rules before making opinions (there’s also a monster manual but you can get it yourself)
>>
>>92667662
In the first game especially, the humour is really out of the way, largely confined to the random encounters where they're also mixed in with regular old combat encounters, traders, etc. so in a given playthrough you don't actually end up finding all that many. Outside of that, it's the odd bit of wry dialogue and the odd reference that you can miss completely and not even realise it
Fallout 2's definitely a lot more up-front with it, doesn't take very much wandering around to find some of the more joke-y side content in the major locales, but then even that fairly moderate shift's been a point of contention and shitflinging since the game released
>>
>>92667524
Kill yourself then buy an ad.
>>
>>92675120
5e is pretty modular, I plug in additional mechanics from 4e, and some homebrew for wounds & hunger/temperature
>>
File: fallout_pnp_2_0.pdf (5.51 MB, PDF)
5.51 MB
5.51 MB PDF
>>
>>
Josh Sawyer's SIMPLE RPG:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/J.E._Sawyer%27s_Fallout_Role-Playing_Game
>>
File: karl-marx-1.jpg (232 KB, 850x600)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>92667466
It's classless, so it's already better than 99% of d20 systems.
What would make it perfect is if it got rid of Armor Class.
>>
>>92676504
most accurate adaptation of a fallout game to pnp
>>
>>
>>
>>92676620
but Fallout vidya has AC
>>
>>92667466
Dropped his channel the instant I noticed he uses fucking pronouns in his recorded games. Too bad he sucks tranny cocks
>>
>>92675297
>v1.6
it's on v2.0 why are you posting an out of date version
>>
>>92676933
>his
>he
>he

REEE YOU USED PROOOONOOOOUNNNNNS!
>>
>>92676933
anon thats absurd trannies dont have them
>>
File: 114109697_p0.png (1.81 MB, 900x1000)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>92667544
>>92667736
It's true that Fallout shouldn't constantly be wacky and funny, but even in 1 there's a notable current of humour and silliness running through it. Don't be so bitter that you distort Fallout.
>>
>>92677946
Laura a cute
>>
>>92675297
> 100 types of ammo
> tracking effects in hours and minutes
> no skills beyond CRPG logic
> 6 in INT and AGI is an obvious must
It is all so tiresome.
>>
>>92679491
So it's a perfect recreation of Fallout in TTRPG form? Excellent!
>>
>>92677706
>deliberately missing the point
it's quite clear from context that anon is specifically referring to the practice of announcing the pronouns by which he is to be addressed
if you're stupid on purpose all the time, anon, it's no different than being born stupid. i wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>92667769
Based.
>>92668543
Cringe.
>>
>>92667861
I just encountered a town of Super Mutants in Fallout 2
>>
>>92667466
>>92667472
I like this channel generally speaking, but the man is too much of a 5e creature. You know what I'm talking about. The kind of person who considers 5e to be the ultimate game system and, when wanting to explore another setting, would rather make some homebrew abomination instead of ever trying something different.
Fallout for example was literally inspired by GURPS. I've never even played GURPS, but if you wanted to play a Fallout setting game it's so obvious you should be using GURPS. If you wanted to get spicy and you think GURPS is gay, I would also suggest Gamma World as a legitimate alternative for more prepackaged whackiness, it all really depends on the tone.
Homebrewing 5e just sucks for reasons that hard to even articulate. It's just so fucking... Drone-like. Soulless. Sucking WotC cock when they do not deserve to get their cock sucked, just because of abject laziness and the inability to consider playing other shit. It just disappoints me on a bone deep level.
I really believe that if you're going to try playing a game in a specific kind of setting, you need to pick a system that supports the mood and function of that setting as closely as possible or else you're going to end up with dogshit.
Using 5e to make a Fallout game is like trying to make a vegan pizza. It's going to be fucked up no matter what because the ingredients are just wrong.
>>
>>92667466
>A d6 and d20-based system
>For Fallout
Yeah no thanks, shove that diarrhea back up the asshole it dribbled out of.
>>
>>92667466
newfag here, I think it's interesting
shit that I have to translate the entire rulebook for my retard monolinguistic players
>>
>>92667544
its spelled duncakino
>>
>>92684916
>I like this channel generally speaking,
See, this shows you're not a person with a soul so the rest of your post can just be ignored.
>>
File: 1714687484204.png (367 KB, 545x724)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>92667466
I hate fat
>people
so much. The mere sight of a fat
>person
pisses me off to no end. Look at the
>man
in the OP. That disgusting, badly kempt mongrel upsets me so much i don't even want to read OPs post anymore. That
>man
That...
Anger-inducing apple pie annihilator
Boorish butter beast
Crass chocolate chomper
Detestable double dipper
Evil everything eater
Frightening Filet-O-Fish feeder
Ghastly grease gourmand
Hellish hamburger huffer
Irritating IHOP ingester
Jarring jello juicer
Kakophonous Kinder Kombatant
Loathsome lard licker
Mangy McDonald's Monster
Niggardly Noid nuisance
Odious oreo orifice
Pathetic pastry puffer
Quaint Quaker quitter
Ravenous Reese's ravager
Smelly shake slurper
Tedious tendie tyrant
Uncanny umami usurper
Vile valomilk vanquisher
Worrisome Whopper wanter
Xtravagant xenofood xlporer
Yapping Yorkie Yankee
Zoned-out Zinger zoomer

If every single atom in the observable universe shouted out in hate every attosecond, the time that passes between the big bang and the inevitable heat death of the universe would still not approach how much I detest fat
>people

OP, you absolute donkey, you committing one of the classic blunders. You don't wage a land war in Asia, you don't invade Russia in winter and you don't post an image that distracts from your post.
>>
>>92667662
Listen to the OST for 1&2 then try and claim that the game isn't going for a grim, depressing or eerie vibe.
>>
>>92684916
>gurps gurps gurps
Fallout uses SPECIAL, and you could literally just play the game on tabletop as is..
if guy wants to use 5e as a familiar base, it's whatever.
>>
>>92686459
the games are somber and reflective, it makes total sense for there to be humor to slice through it whenever it gets comedic.
ever heard "atmosphere so thick you could cut it with a knife"
>>
File: canadians.png (262 KB, 523x379)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>92667736
ah jeez dood yeah i remember the 50s had tom cruise and scientology
>>
>>92685036
What would you use instead?
>>
>>92684916
Basically this. I actually like his skits but they're all 5e and I don't even play 5e.
>>
Bethesda fallout is better than interplay fallout, you fucking incels.
>>
>>92685715
>Xtravagant xenofood xlporer
kek
>>
File: 1647583401467.jpg (76 KB, 472x1024)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>92687678
no
>>
File: FALLOUT RPG 1.4.pdf (3.57 MB, PDF)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PDF
Still the best.
>>
>>92686459
Now listen to the dialogue of the game and tell me there isn’t a black comedy aspect to it with the BOS almost snickering as they send you on a suicide mission, the mutants being very dumb or British (yuck) and the wastelanders responses to a dumb vault dweller
>>
>>92667466
Seems fine to me. Wouldn’t necessarily use it over any other though.
>>
>>92667466
I'll be using its inventory lists for my fallout game but lmao at those enemy stat blocks. 5e brained motherfucker.
>>
>>92685715
Best post ITT tbqhwyl
>>
File: 1685502081886531.png (674 KB, 716x757)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>92670628
Keep me posted, just avoid getting banned for discussing it
>>
>>92667466
>>92667466
It seems fun! It seems like it gives Charisma a reason to exist in a TTRPG setting in a way other than simply speech checks. My friend is interested in running a campaign with this setting, so I'll probably have a more fully formed opinion then, but I like how clear and accessible the rules are, and it feels more like what I would want out of a fallout ttrpg than other systems out there. I'm sure other systems are great as well, but he did a really good job selling it in the video-- good enough to get me curious, at least!
>>
>>92667544
You can find the tardis and a shuttle from star trek in the wasteland. You can find at sex robot in most entries.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (10 KB, 226x223)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>92687678
>>
>>92677946
I think Bethesda over plays the humor. Specially since they still live in trash.
>>92679491
>> 6 in INT and AGI is an obvious mus
I mean... game accurate desu
>>92682456
He means that in Fallout Tactics you can recruit ghouls, robots and mutants to the Brotherhood and so they come with character sheets so you know what to arm them ith.
H
I remember that Obsidian was actually thinking of letting you play as ghoul or mutant in New Vegas but Bethesda told them it would take too long to implemant so they shelved that.
>>
Alright, since none of you fags can move your fat autistic ass, I went to great lengths reading this entire 2.0 PDF. So take my review and hopefully let's have some sort of discussion over a fairly talented obese individual that will likely have a heart attack before going to an open market with his craft.
>Leveling up explained before you choose a race
Failure is sometimes the best teacher
Me likey. Generally this whole section
>robot rules
Wacky and frankly boring. Vaults & death-claws did it better
>Background
Another set of traits that lead to perks, that are not regular perks... WHY
>SPECIAL gives modifier
I'm not sure about this, I mean it's
>Task difficulty
Jacob forgor to give examples
>Skills are in full numbers instead of percentage where you use decimals
Absolutely barbaric.
>Party nerve
Dislike, although it's a preference.
>Crafting is a separate skill
Barbaric.
>Guns is a single skill.
Bitch please.
>Stamina points mechanic
Dislike, although it seems fun.
>Karma Cap
Me likey.
>Traits
Really creative but reek of 5e
>Perks
Neat. I've stolen some to my campaign already - it's the greatest honor I could bestow on (You), Jacob.

Wait, is this Action Points mechanic done properly? Holy fuck! I mean, several other systems did it also, and values are wack, but shit, man - for a first time ever? It's really good.

>Items
Why every motherfucker is hellbent on importing ENTIRE FUCKING NEW VEGAS INTO THEIR FUCKING HOMEBREW
>Armors
Strength requirement seems fine, upgrades are neat.
>PA section
Rather nice

Sorry if this rambling is incomprehensible. I'm drunk as fuck.
Also did /tg removed 2000 signs limit?
>>
>>92667466
Crappy, the fatass is funny sometimes but for tips and this kind of stuff... NOPE. He is a idiot
>>
>>92686459
>all the jokes and pop culture references don't count because the soundtrack is atmospheric
legitimate autism
would it only count if they got weird al to make the ST?
>>
>>92667544
>the bad thing about nufallout is the presence of humour
retards who say this immediately out themselves as larping zoomers who want to pretend to be grognards
the worst parts of bethesda fallouts aren't to do with wackiness, they're to do with inconsistency and poor writing, the worst parts of bethesda fallout are the serious plots because that's where they put their shittiest writing.
the wasteland survival guide quest doesn't highlight fallout 3's issues because Moira is le quirky girl (though that is annoying very quickly), it's because people are still scavenging from convenience stores centuries after the bombs fell when they would've actually been picked clean in weeks.
The absolute worst thing about nufallout is that it refuses to move on from the extremely basic post apocalypse setting aesthetics because it would disrupt the brand identity and hyper specific redditor fantasy that the newer games appeal to
>>92667736
Such a shame that Bethesda went back in time to add le epic sarcastic british man to the first game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBUV8QJFHcM
Well at least the soundtrack being cool means that the humour isn't actually there
>>
>>92667466
Man this dude has gotten incredibly fat over the last few years. He was always pretty big but now he has entered the slob threshold. I’ll never understand how a man can get to that point and not correct the issue.
>>
>>92703592
Neat review.
>>
>>92691970
>Barely edited Retrocalypse clone
>"the best"
Bruh.
>>
>>92705481
>is the new fallout series woke as fuck?
Not particularly, it's just poorly written as fuck and trying to hide it behind bethesda fallout's aesthetic.
>>
>>92705481
Nah, apart from one (of 3) main protags being a black guy (who gets shit on a lot) and a bit of "strong womyn" syndrome, there's very little wokery. I hate leftoid crap but Fallout was a great watch.
>>
Thanks for the motivation to work out.

I don't want to end up looking like a fat bitch like this dude.
>>
>>92703592
>Why every motherfucker is hellbent on importing ENTIRE FUCKING NEW VEGAS INTO THEIR FUCKING HOMEBREW
Is that more or less reasonable than Modiphius chucking the entire Fallout 4 crafting/power armour/weapon mods lineup from that game directly into their TRPG?
>>
>>92667472
>>92667466

God those vault suits always make everyone look embarrassing.
>>
>>92705481
It was an alright show. Nothing too woke. You have a strong female lead which is alright and the black guy didn’t seem shoe horned. The dialogue was pretty bad, at one point the main character asked if the black guy wants to fuck and he reacts like a toddler. They wrote it like
He has no idea what sex is or only a slight idea what it is or for. Also power armour can be totally shut down by pulling out the battery from behind, totally trapping the person inside with no fail safe to get out. That was also pretty retarded

Fun show though, Walton Goggins did a fantastic job and was by far the best character and actor. Also hat has been Michael Rapaport was worshiping Israel so hard the last few months so the council decided to give him a cameo.
>>
>>92705905
Doesn’t help the guy is 5’7 and 280lbs. Combine that with his Jeffery Dahmer glasses and stringy long hair and you get a really gross looking human.
>>
>>92705481
There’s some woke garbage, the other anons mentioned a bit of the strong womyn stuff that multiple characters experience at times but I would say the tranny in the brotherhood of steel who has a minor role which is probably the greatest offence and sticks out like a sore thumb. There’s a few other things but that’s probably the most “woke” part of it. And that’s without mentioning some poor writing/dialogue at times, and lore hiccups of that stuff concerns you. Overall the series was mid, problems listed above drag it down and I didn’t like how it supports moral degeneracy and sexual deviancy
>>
>>92704192
>british guy with a slightly exaggerated accent is your idea of "wacky and silly humor"
Yea, you're definitely the retarded zoomer larper here.
>>
>>92667472
>>92667466
This guy is an idiot who doesn't understand the tomb of horrors.
He made a video dissing it, he didn't even go back to the original version, just the 5e one.
>>
>>92705970
>I didn’t like how it supports moral degeneracy and sexual deviancy
Did you play Fallout 1 and 2?
>>
>>92705481
I have watched a bit and it has:

- a strong independent macho woman main character that needs no man
- a black masculine good guy love interest
- every single white male is a spineless rat rapist creep
- other stronk womyn that need no man
- blacks everywhere
- a tranny in bos
- probably missing some more stuff

Don't waste your time.
>>
>>92667466
Just look at that disgusting gunt and thin, lank hair. He looks like he's transitioning
>>
>>92706383
My favorite part is when the Independent woman lead is enslaved and drinks radioactive animal piss.
Fucking brainrot I swear.
>>
File: entropy is convenient.png (124 KB, 397x296)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>92704192
>the wasteland survival guide quest doesn't highlight fallout 3's issues because Moira is le quirky girl (though that is annoying very quickly), it's because people are still scavenging from convenience stores centuries after the bombs fell when they would've actually been picked clean in weeks.
This autism complaint always bugged me. I have pre-war shit in ruins because otherwise there would be no reason to go into pre-war ruins.
>>
>>92706444
so is it too progressive or not progressive enough? or is it just badly written.
>>
>>92706383
>a black masculine good guy love interest
He's portrayed as a pathetic, cowardly power-hungry loser. Your politics are polluting your ability to actually perceive reality.
>>
>>92706511
nta, but it definitely has the prog boxes its contractually obligated to check for Amazon but overall its p good. First two episodes and the last episode are firmly mid though
.>>92706383
>black masculine good guy love interest
bro, he's got like 3 int. I'd be surprised if any chicks watching want a piece of that.
>>
>>92667466
I dunno. I kinna like it. After years of stuff dealing with existential horror and deep settings, it actually feels kind of cute.
>>
>>92706609
Its like, yeah, why not? Go nuts. Its just a straight up loot grind, easy to build, easy to play. It looks fun.
>>
>>92706620
It feels a lot more like a game, less like an ethics simulator.
>>
>>92706491
>Autism complaint.
>Would be cool if your shitty setting was at least somewhat believable.
>Autism

No thats just not gulping up the biggest slop as long as it has some brand name and funko pops.
The world being partly frozen in a state of a few weeks after the apocalypse for hundreds of years is just shitty worldbuildung.
>>
>>92706383
>a strong independent macho woman main character that needs no man
Lucy isn't like that at all, though. She's also getting scammed, beaten, and used as bait- like the first time camping outside if it wasn't for Wilzig and Dogmeat she'd have been radroach food
>a black masculine good guy love interest
after that ending, you could say it is a long-distance relationship and technically he's with the BoS- so his dream of living in vault slowly slips away
>every single white male is a spineless rat rapist creep
Norm, Chet, the Ghoul/Howard, Benjamin? Wilzig? Could add more, but were we watching the same show?
the only real bad guy in the show Is Hank McLean Bud doesn't count Brain-on-a-Roomba
>other stronk womyn that need no man
Is this about Dogmeat? Or about the Moldaver who dies at the end or is it about Barb
who is portrayed as the villain

>blacks everywhere
it's like it plays in America or something
>a tranny in bos
side character who barely shows up and is only there at the end and the beginning and is the reason Maximus can stay in the BoS
>>
>>92706631
You know what I think would be fun? Running a gun store franchise in Fallout.

Imagine playing a strategy game as the Gun Runners trying to build and sell firearms.
>>
File: realism in post apoc.png (485 KB, 810x433)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>>92706642
>takes issue with dumb realism complaint being called autism
>continues to autistically screech about realism when its pointed out that realism takes a backseat to gameplay in post apocalyptic settings.
Pottery.
>>
>>92667544
>>92667662
Fallout 1 really isn't that funny at all. It's jokes are really weak and toned up by the setting itself. Even le heckin ayyliums aren't even that funny. Just an off-hand ha-ha and there we go killing super mutants again.

Fallout 2 was already becoming reddit-tier trove of jokes. And that's discounting le funny parts that didn't make into the game, like gay gangs.
That's because Obsidian's always been gay.
>>
>>92706663
I think this argument would have more weight if there hadn't already been established areas in the first two games that are clearly moving on, even if prewar salvage still exists. With very very few exceptions, the Bethesda games feel like the apocalypse happened 20 minutes ago, and this feeling pervades every aspect of their games. Which would be fine if it was their own original setting instead of an inherited one, but it's not. The genie is already out of the bottle on in-universe time and progress. They didn't even make an attempt to explain the plentiful salvage, either, like in HZD where people are (rightfully) superstitious about old-world ruins and either totally avoid them or delve cautiously.
>>
>>92706699
>the Bethesda games feel like the apocalypse happened 20 minutes ago,
While I agree this is an issue with bethesda's fallouts (4 a little less so than 3), I do stand by the fact that entropy should be fluid in a game for the same reason its fluid in a fantasy game. Its just not fun going into prewar ruins and all the robots rusted into dust 200 years ago, and all the meds are just useless goo, and all the guns are just rust stained pieces of dried out wood furniture.
Even in new vegas, where you DO have established post apoc nations going at it, theres still the repconn headquarters over there that is unlooted and has active robot security.
>>
>>92706719
It's all about suspending disbelief in the idea, like that Gamma World image above points out. The reason why Beth games are so successful is because there's merit to the idea of scrounging through the ruins of civilisation and finding loot. New Vegas is no different in that regard; the difference for me is that it ALSO wants to tell interesting stories about the growth of civilisations, and the different pressures which would affect a repairing state in the post-apocalypse. A world with nothing but post-apocalyptic scavenging seems like a static, momentum-less facade by comparison to one that has human beings who have achieved significant goals, and now come into conflict with one another over the details.
>>
File: OIG3.ygr6UNnfqAKNRN.jpg (208 KB, 1024x1024)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>92667544
>>92667736
>>92669492
>>92706698
You can tell immediately the people who never played a low INT run. Or who never really played 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPijQ_LLGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NLHtVk9gg
>>
>>92707006
I confess I never played low iq runs, and I've only really played Fallout 1. Couldn't get into 2 for some reason.
Thanks for the links by the way, grand wizard.
>>
This is a weird question, but I'm trying to add some flavor to the Children of Atom and I'm hoping to come up with a word with a similar vibe to "antediluvian" (prior to the flood) that means pre-apocalypse or "prior to the fire/end." Can somebody help me out?
>>
>>92667544
>redditified
I'm going to beat you with a fucking hammer
>>
>>92708873
anteschatonian?
>>
>>92710025
or perhaps anteterminian or antepyrian?
>>
>>92710049
I really like "antepyrian" or "antepyrean." Thanks, anon!
>>
>>92706324
>This guy is an idiot who doesn't understand the tomb of horrors.
how did he not understand it?
Tomb of Horrors is a shitty one shot that consistently TPKs. If I'm not mistaken, Gary made it for a convention in which he wanted to punish the players 99% of the time. To call it unplayable wouldn't be a lie.
>>
>>92703592
>Skills are in full numbers instead of percentage where you use decimals
>Absolutely barbaric.
you're autistic
>>
>>92667466
Why would I care about a system made by someone whose experience consists of nothing but D&D 5e?
>>
File: ATOMPUNK_rpg.pdf (608 KB, PDF)
608 KB
608 KB PDF
>>
>>92710288
he researched a dozen different relevant systems before he committed to making this new one.
>>
>>92710313
fuck off with this reddit shit
>>
>>92703592
I've done similar things, but am gonna present it in less autistic wall of bullshit.

ME LIKEY
>AP system works
Probably done based on tactics, I'd simplify it but as sperg before me said - it's a preference
>Perks
Lot's and lot's of them. Some show Jacobs creativity, some show hes still rooted in 5e. You can easily distinguish which were made by him, and which were added as campaign progressed as they figured out new tactics and opportunities.
>Weapon/Armour/Whatever mods
Good, not F4 levels of textwall, and not F2 levels of why bother.
>Karma Caps
Nicely done, when we played our campaign, we used luck to add to rolls (1 point if before, 2 points if after) but you do you.
>Auto turret is a weapon upgrade
Top kek, but nicely done. Finally someone figured this one out.
>Food section
Expected a fatass like him to have extensive knowledge on nutrition and I'm not disapointed.
>Crafting
The basic idea is good, but the formatting, dear God, the formatting.
>Targeted attacks
Deal 1d6 less damage, but impose a daunting effect. Interesting.

ME NO LIKEY
>Perks
Based on SPECIAL, but not skills, also don't have a level requirement. How is that a homage to F1 and F2?
>FNV rippoff
Seriously, why every homebrew ever?
>Gear fatigue/deacay
Why - can't you just roll a negative effect if you hit natural 1 (or conditions present itself, such as extreme weather)? Anyway, this is probably due to his 5e thing. I dislike this much of bookkeeping.
>Gauss is energy weapon
That's one way to honour the so called "Classic Fallout" games.
>Items
About half of weapons could be gone and it wouldn't impact the game.
>Crafting
Why would you ever need about 60+ crafting materials?
>Statblocks
Nigga seriously? WHY copypaste the mooks into the TTRPG, WHY go through the trouble of adapting them to the game? You could make them general statblocks and slap modifiers, but no - fandom is persistent in doing the work that's already been done countless times - it's an imperative.
>>
>>92706719
It is fun and you're wrong. Pre-War ruins should be looted for their unqiue pre-War technology, not fucking food you worthless zoomer dispshit. You'll say anything to apologize on behalf of Bethesda, who are all moronic and unbelievably greedy and self-destructive. You're a fucking lemming.
>>
>>92711514
https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/autism/conditioninfo/treatments
Here you go anon, once you're done screaming at imagined arguments you can get help here.
>>
>>92706370
no, they didn't. 99% of people who even know of the series LARP as Fallout 1 and 2 enjoyers
>>
>>92706491
>otherwise there would be no reason to go into pre-war ruins.
Sounds more like a lack of creativity or more of an issue of why you need people to go into said ruins if the only reason is supplies.
>>
>>92711616
No, anon its called games. People tend to like being rewarded for exploration instead of "Theres nothing here because its been 200 years."
but I'll bite. If everything in pre war ruins has been degraded to useless junk, why go into pre-war ruins anon?
>>
>>92696536
>in a way other than simply speech checks
If we want to be accurate to the games Charisma shouldn't effect speech checks at all outside of the base speech stat. Fallout's 1&2 used Intelligence.
>>
>>92711122
>he researched
Reading a pdf doesn't mean shit. Without actually playing games, you'd have no idea how any particular rule works in practice.
>>
>>92711646
That is the point anon, why are you mentioning the ruins at all? Why would your players have a reason to go into them? The only reason would be because you mentioned it, but you would only do so if they served a purpose, but you have already said that you never had a purpose for them thus would fill them will supplies to give them purpose. So the key issue is, why are the ruins being brought up at all? It's the equivalent of "I fill every single cave with treasure since if I didn't my players would have no reason to go into the caves" but you need to ask why you want the players to go into the caves, and why you mentioned the caves at all to them.
>>
>>92711646
Why do you think everything in pre-War ruins would be junk? Guns and armor would almost always be completely fine, like-new condition, ammo too if it's stored anywhere normal. High technology should be very well preserved as it was already well-protected before the war and power has been offline in most places for centuries. Buildings that have fallen due to the elements should be largely worthless but most of the things you'd want to loot from pre-War are in facilities designed to stay at least somewhat functional after the bombs dropped. You're such a vapid moron, honestly, clearly not white.
>>
>>92711646
The original isometric games don't have this whole scavenging ruins thing because as you said they serve no point unless there is something there. The solution isn't to fill every random ruin with stuff, it's to only point out ruins that would have interesting things to it. No reason to mention the super duper mart at all when you can mention the pre-war military base. The excuse of "i need to fill these ruins with stuff or else there is no reason to go in" just tells me you don't have the creativity to create places the players would want to go in and providing them with proper rewards for it.
>>
>>92711465
>>
>>92711700
he iterates his own system, learn your shit dude. it's embarrassing.
>>
>>92704192
>retards who say this immediately out themselves as larping zoomers who want to pretend to be grognards
I also don't really get it, I'd argue one issue with the Bethesda Fallouts is that they seem to actually lack humor. Play 3 and NV back to back and you'll understand what I mean. Even more so when you compare them to the classics, there's a vary defined since of humor to the originals that I don't think Bethesda fully grasped. For example I can't see them ever making one of the first things you read in the series be clicking on a skeleton and getting "This is Ed. Ed is dead".
>>
I fucking hate the Modi system god fucking damnit. It was the one chance to get a good official one but they ruined it with a faggot roll-under 2d20 system and even faggier proprietary damage dice. We will never have a good solution for Fallout just pack it in.
>>
>>92713898
The resolution and damage dice aren't the problem with FO2D20. You don't even need the special dice, they are just d6s.
>>
>>92713898
Using a special symbol in the text to represent die sizes don't mean you need to use those dice.
>>
>>92711722
because anon, by doing what the original anon suggested, which is to have pre war buildings be completed looted and/or have everything rotted to uselessness, I will be completely cutting myself from a possible dungeon location. Its not that I need to fill it with loot because it exists, its more that I have a good idea for a pre-war ruin, but I also want to fill it with goodies to reward exploration.
Plus, I like to do hexcrawls so its nice to have more types of locations to fill the world anyways.
>>92711732
bro, what are you even arguing. The original anon was like "There shouldn't be anything in pre war ruins because they would have all been looted" and now you are saying "you can fill pre war ruins with tons of valuable things"
It is so ironic you call anyone a moron when apparently you can not read.
>>92711777
this seems like a wierd projection. I never said that the ruins would serve no purpose but supplies. I just feel that its a wierd autism to make them otherwise devoid of useful loot because its been so long when that as an idea is ignored by basically every post apoc ttrp released.
>>
So far the great idea I’ve seen from the Savage World discord is to use the Deadlands El Cheapo gear rule for crappy raider stuff like pipe weapons. Also reduces the amount of corpse looting since their poorly maintained gear isn’t worth much. Though corpse looting is in the spirit of every Fallout game.
>>
>>92667466
>What do we think of this Fallout TTRPG system?
We don't.
>>
>>92714227
>because anon, by doing what the original anon suggested, which is to have pre war buildings be completed looted and/or have everything rotted to uselessness, I will be completely cutting myself from a possible dungeon location
I'm not sure how anon, it doesn't take much work to justify these items existing within a ruin. But they should have a reason for being there compared to just sitting in the same place for centuries, which is the issue. As an example the super duper mart in fallout 3. It is actually a raider base so having supplies there would make perfect sense, what doesn't is that apparently no one in 200 years including the raiders living there touched any of the food in the back rooms or drank the rare nuka-cola that is still in the original boxes. Logically the food should be there because the raiders have it, not because it's a grocery store ruin. It seems like you don't understand what the main complaint is, the issue with that quest isn't that there is food there, it's the idea that someone would assume a grocery store would have food, and that it still does have supplies that haven't been touched in that time, when simply just moving around stuff that was there to make it look like the raiders brought the food in would not have this issue.
>>
File: anon right now.png (217 KB, 480x360)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>92685715
>>
>>92715102
You're talking to a brown IQ right now, you should save the energy.
>>
>>92667466
Nothing made by this soulless fatass can be good.
>>
>>92706511
You can visibly see them ticking off the diversity boxes but mostly it's just badly written/written by people who only barely grasp the setting. Maximus is 21 or something by the time of the show and thinks that having sex would cause his dick to explode and fall off. Keep in mind the BoS practiced internal replacement up until ~15 years ago in the show and not having kids was grounds for internal friction.
>>
>>92706646
Lucy feels suitably witless for a Vault dweller. Plays the whole naivete angle well and requires the most leveling up to become a true badass. Maximus, on the other hand, seems like a badass but is definitely being carried by his power armor. A great example of why you do NOT give high tier shit to level one characters. He also clearly maxed his Luck stat by dumping his Int. He's not exactly at Idiot Savant levels but it's obvious from the number of horrible decisions he makes and how he basically stumbles into whatever passes for victory. Still didn't get anyone to explode his penis. About the most I can say for him is given his name is Maximus, and the BOS was founded by a guy named Maxson and traditionally run by Maxsons, there's a fair chance that ol' Maximus Pad will end up overcoming the corruption in the ranks and redeem this Brotherhood chapter by the end of the series.

The only consistent badass is The Ghoul, and if anon would claim he's not white anymore once he's a ghoul he gets enough time in flashbacks tracking down the evils of Vault-Tec and all the other wacky corps. Still, while it's clear he took the Bloody Mess perk it's suspicious as fuck that every single shot he makes is a critical hit. Even for min-maxing a combat spec character that's improbable. I suspect the dude is modding or using console commands.
>>
>>92706646
Blacks are a tiny minority in American society, they shouldn't be as common as they're portrayed in the TV series. 1 in 15 characters can be black, desu probably less than that in Fallout given the state's total racial colorblindness and intolerance for criminality, but that would be at least somewhat believable vs this dark mulatto horde that exists in jew-run TVland.
>>
>>92706646
We still don't know how Moldaver survived two hundred years since the Great War. I think the most said about it was the actress mentioned anyone who could invent cold fusion can likely find a way to extend her life. Given it's extremely likely the actress will remain on the show for flashback scenes it's also possible she winds up showing up again in the present if she's survived via cloning or it turns out she did a stint with The Institute helping them with their synth program. Given Hank is showing up in New Vegas I have to wonder which ending they'll canonize. Is House still running the Strip? Did the Courier take him out of suspension and he's somehow still clinging to life? Did he create a true AI out of himself as a backup? Hell, for that matter is the Courier running the Big Empty or did the Toaster finally manage to burn the place down to the ground?

>>92718714
The Ghoul is definitely the definite article. Even when he's captured you know he's going to end up murdering 90% of people around him. As for Maximus odds are low he's a secret Maxson baby, though given the NCR did have a alliance with them early on and even named one of their states Maxson, there's a suspicious thematic connection there. Odds seem high that as he's pulled deeper into the BS of the BoS he'll eventually come out on top and reform them into that idealized view he has of what a Knight should be. The BoS tends to either be shady as fuck (isolationist and fantastic racist, convinced only they should have high tech no matter who they have to fuck over to get it) or closer to King Arthur style protectors of the realm. Fallout 3 was kind of bad about that, which is why I think Fallout 4 tried to bring them back closer in line with the earliest depictions.

That one dude probably said it best when Lucy asked if the BoS were the good guys. They ARE a complicated organization.
>>
File: 1709747275484675m.jpg (88 KB, 791x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>92719285
>BoS
>racist
Ah, you're one of those retards.
>>
>>92667466
Why would someone so fat and ugly do this? He could avoid the deserved criticism of his unsightly appearance if he would have just not put his fucking fat disgusting visage on screen. He has total editorial power, I cannot fathom why he'd publish this.
>>
>>92719285
I think there is a high chance it's going to be House, I think that was what they were implying in the last episode. The ghouls says Hank is going to one of the guys who runs the anarchy out in the waste, and they had House in that flashback no reason not to bring him back(though going to be a major loss that his originial VA is dead). Based on the crashed NCR vertibird in the strip I think the implication is House won but the NCR retaliated possibly after Shady Sands got nuked. There are still fires seen burning in the surrounding area though so it's clear something is going on in the region but obviously with the current state of the NCR the strip isn't going to be as active in general due to no tourists. I just more wonder what became of the other major locaitons that could become regional powers, Arroyo, Vault City, San Fran, and the Hub all should be doing something post Shady Sands being removed.
>>
>>92719363
he meant it like racist against ghouls and supermutants, not like racist racist
>>
>>92719691
The only super mutants worth keeping around are Uncle Leo and that one guy in Fah Habah. All the others are beyond help/deserve what they get (this includes Fawkes).

Bethesda doesn't know how they want to deal with the BoS and ghouls, which is annoying. Danse has lines that play both sides of the fence.
>>
>>92719875
I'd say the new stuff in the show kind of recontextualized ghouls a bit. Seems more and more like they are a ticking time bomb instead of people who suffered from unfortunate circumstances.
>>
>>92719948
>recontextualized
Most of the stuff around ghouls in the show is made up whole-cloth for the show specifically, like that one guy who accidentally takes the ghoul serum and instantly gets regenerative powers.

And ghouls have been characterized as potentially ticking time bombs since 3, at least. No one knows what causes a ghoul to go feral so no one knows whether or not having them around is a risk. The anti-feral drug is also a wholly new invention of the show, along with Goggins being super unique just for being non-feral. There have been functional ghoul communities/cliques in pretty much every Fallout game.
>>
>>92720026
>The anti-feral drug is also a wholly new invention of the show, along with Goggins being super unique just for being non-feral.
That is kind of the point, if this shows up again(this is a big if all things considered) they are going to need to explain if it's a thing that all ghouls need and it seems like a very scarce resource. And if it is it makes anti-ghoul bias a very logical thing to have since even if they aren't gonna go feral they sure as hell would be willing to do terrible things to get that drug.
>>
>>92720026
Actually, about that drug, Hancock from FO4 says he took a drug which turned him into a ghoul, so I don't think it is that far fetched
>>
>>92720080
There are too many ghouls in the older games, even the Bethesda games, that would have 0 access to this stuff. You've got the kid in the fridge and Chinese submarine captain in Fallout 4 as easy examples, and Dean Domino in New Vegas. It just breaks too much shit to even have it in the setting.

>>92720131
Hancock became a ghoul because he was going on benders with a drug that was highly radioactive, which gave him the required levels of exposure.
>>
>>92715102
Are we specifically talking about super duper mart in fallout 3? I was talking about from a ttrpg perspective. My point is simply that pre war loot should be found in pre war ruins. Super Duper mart is dumb but thats because for fallout 3, it really felt like the area designers thought the apocolypse happened 20 years ago, not 200.
>>92718314
Whiter than you, Muhammad.
>>
>>92720197
>There are too many ghouls in the older games, even the Bethesda games, that would have 0 access to this stuff. You've got the kid in the fridge and Chinese submarine captain in Fallout 4 as easy examples, and Dean Domino in New Vegas. It just breaks too much shit to even have it in the setting.
Personally I'm gonna go with "the serum is only useful to ghouls on their way out, anyways."
As for the drug, its weird that it instantly ghoulifies rather than just being so radioactive that its a chance of ghoulification. As for the miraculous healing properties, maybe its a medicine that gives https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Rad_Child_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
>>
>>92720395
What the fuck kind of insult is that? Do you really believe I'm an Arab? Why, because I pointed out that you aren't white? Fucking idiot kike, and no doubt some inbred mizrahi animal too. Your time is running out fast schlomo.
>>
File: 662b683cefe73.jpg (72 KB, 460x505)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>92675297

It's not bad but I am having trouble finding the nitty gritty. Like what do I roll to attack? Critical basic info is not emphasized loudly so I can understand the basics here.

Like make that part bold, first page, big font: what I need to roll to kill, what I need to roll to not kill, and what I need to roll to skill. I grasp the AP system, I grasp skills adding to to attacks and stat modifiers but what the fuck is the thing I roll.

That said it's very good and a great recreation to how Fallout normally works in turn based mode. Everything costs AP, unused AP supplements your armor, there are specific effects to damage to limbs, etc.
>>
>>92720501
The serum makes no sense. Cooper is nearly as old as ghouls get, being pre-War, and he makes it clear it is only this new serum that the TV show introduced which has kept him sane. If it existed pre-War, or immediately after the bombs fell, it would retroactively nullify all existing ghoul characters, communities, and quests from all existing games, including Bethesda's own FO3, FO4, and FO76, not only the classic West Coast Fallout that Todd hates so much. The serum is by far the worst change to canon as it just makes all existing ghoul stuff noncanon. Raul Tejada voiced by fucking Danny Trejo was made noncanon so Cooper could need drugs to survive (why not just have him search for stimpaks or any one of the several conventional drug addictions he already has?). Wiping out the NCR pales in comparison to the ramifications on existing games from this retarded gimmicky ghoul sanity serum.
>>
>>92720552
lmao, what a newfag.
>>
>>92720570
>read unfinished version
>why can't I find everything?!
fucking retard
>>
File: Lore.jpg (61 KB, 735x472)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>92720625
>MUH CANON!
You say that as if that retarded show even means something.
At this point you should have taken the cue and learn you could selectively ignore shit you don't like and encourage people to do the same. From ghouls on meds to niggers in power armour. It's not like Bethesda will send you Pinkertons if you do.
>>
>>92720570
lol
>>
>>92719363
It's this >>92719691
Fantastic racism is a trait they ironically share with the Enclave, but the Enclave take it a bit further. The BoS doesn't care about radiation damage and genetic purity, their beef with wastelanders is cultural. The BoS have the superior philosophies and training and therefore no others deserve and can be trusted with pre-war tech, at least not without the BoS educating them first (based on now non-canon FO1 endings).
>>
>>92720625
Friendly reminder that Harold got turned into something visually identical to a ghoul, if not an actual ghoul by the more modern definition, basically overnight by exposure to the same vat substance that created the Master.

I'm not defending shit from the show cause I haven't seen it, but what a ghoul is and how they actually work has always been kept intentionally vague. But there's clearly several levels of ghoulification, so it's probably best to be cautious about generalizing things to apply to all ghouls universally.
>>
>>92719436
I may be misremembering but in the last episode I'm pretty sure at one point Cooper's wife looks up at a darkened observation window in the upper room, with the way her pip boy chirped first implying she was getting instructions from someone not in the room. So the Big Boss isn't House/RobCo or West Tek or Big MT or any of the others. Could be the President, I suppose, who was said to be missing from public eye in the first ep. That would suggest it would really be the Enclave, and I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Enclave was really advocating for first strike with contingencies so that they would later emerge to reestablish America proper and thus be the sole surviving nation of the Great War. I mean that's pretty much their history already. As far as I know the only thing we never knew was who dropped the bombs first, which all things being said and done didn't really matter. But now that it's suggested Vault-Tec does it, well, that doesn't really make sense to me. If they're already the biggest corp in the US it makes zero sense destroying their customer base. All their cash will be worthless. It just makes more sense that a different kind of jingoistic supremacist force is behind things, which is the Enclave all the way.

Unless they add yet another super secret shadow organization into the mix. Fuck, I hope not.
>>
>>92723961
It's probably just the Enclave again since it explains why the Enclave had the cold fusion macguffin at the beginning. Presumably the reason why they didn't use it is because the tech was secured pre-war but Moldaver kept the secret on how to activate it.

While on that topic, there's still some problems with the plot to me. Like why the hell did Moldaver have a bunch of psychotic raiders working for her in the beginning as opposed to her remnant NCR troopers? Or if she did, why were her NCR troopers indistinguishable from raiders? Seems like it's just to preserve the fakeout that her faction isn't raider at all but a peaceful community with happy kids and equality with ghouls. Which was kind of a letdown if only because it meant the end of the first season mirrored the shit that went down in Vault 4 where Maximus comes in like the cavalry to save Lucy only to learn, whoops, there wasn't an actual threat and he made everything worse. And why is there even still an active Enclave faction in the west? And how was the NCR completely crippled? Sure the loss of their capital would be a huge blow but they are composed of five states and major population centers such as Vault City, Redding, The Hub, with Big Brahmin Barons to boot. Plenty of big players to try to claim the whole pie. They survived a BoS nuclear strike that took out their gold reserves which was a far bigger issue, I'd warrant, since politicians are easier to replace than the basis for their currency. The water standard didn't do them any favors. Their president can also die in New Vegas and not cause any major changes. And why does Vault 31Team Middle Management have access to a goddamn nuke? If they're working with the Enclave why wouldn't they have used it during FO2? And - oh hell, there's a lot of little things.

Makes me nervous they're moving in on New Vegas territory. What else can the writers with?
>>
>>92723939
This plot point seems familiar. Oh yeah, didn't an asshole mobster in Fallout 4 buy the means to turn himself into a ghoul to live out hundreds of years in his own bunker? It's part of the Valentine personal request quest to get into his bunker for a showdown.
>>
File: Fo4eddiewinter.png (1.16 MB, 1266x904)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>92724426
>You know those idiot brothers at Wicked Shipping? The ones smuggling the radioactive material? I put the screws to 'em. Got some of the stuff. I've been working with this doctor in East Boston. Guy's a fucking genius. Listen, I know it sounds crazy... but he had this theory... The right kind of radiation exposure, at the right amounts... it can change human cells. Mutate them. Baby... I can live forever. Yeah, I know... It could kill me. I'm willing to chance it. But I can't risk losing you. So I'm the guinea pig. And I've been getting... treatments.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/To_Claire

Not specified how the treatments work but potentially the right kind of radiation exposure can cure anything. It's the kind of pre-war miracle drug an idiot like that doc might stumble across, sell as a wonder cure, but then get chased out of every community as people are pissed when they turn into ghouls. Not entirely impossible, anyway, and not (extended) lore breaking.
>>
>>92723961
The vault tek staring it thing also falls apart as soon as you look at the opening. Coopers wife was working really hard to get her family into a vault and yet day of she lets her daughter not be in a vault and instead is out with her ex husband. Doesn't seem in character, not to mention we already know House and Sinclair didn't know when the wart would happen. Most I think they might have just fucked peace talks but them actually pulling the trigger doesn't seem to hold up.
>>
The Brotherhood's hatred of ghouls makes sense as an extension of their general distrust and hatred of outsiders, not to mention going feral. But big picture it's kind of silly. Ghouls can walk into areas of high radiation without armor or drugs to acquire pre-war tech. Also some ghouls are pre-war so represent living history. This represents useful potential intel, if not technical expertise.

Not that the Brotherhood harming themselves through their isolationist tendencies isn't consistent.

>>92723850
Per Fallout 2 the good Brotherhood ending is canon where they become an R&D hub, but it's really been ignored hard. New Vegas straight up almost rendered them extinct after their pissing contest with the NCR. They clearly rebuilt now the shoe is on the other foot.
>>
>>92724508
>New Vegas straight up almost rendered them extinct after their pissing contest with the NCR.
A lot of where things are at in NV is kind of a consequence of the west coast plot having a big Van Buren sized hole in it. Where things are at in NV make a lot more sense if you look at the skeleton of Van Buren's plot which the writers had in mind. Sure a lot changed or didn't make it in but stuff like the state of the NCR-Brotherhood war seems fully in tact, as well as the Maxson Bunker in Colorado. I do kind of wonder if the writers had some skeleton of Van Buren's plot in mind when thinking of the state of things, IE the stuff with the new plague and the PC spreading it to a good chunk of the area. Can't have everything be 100% 1 to 1 but with everything of it that gets referenced I do wonder what all happened.
>>
>>92724547
>the courier could have been typhoid mary
I mean given the amount of STDs my gigolo courier was probably carrying not much was different.
>>
>>92724560
Yeah that was the big twist of Van Buren, you're in some robot controlled prison that your break out of and get hunted by for most of the game, then you learn you have been carrying the new plague and were in there because the AI warden was quarantining carrier and you've basically been spreading it everywhere you've been and now you need to fix that fuck up. Would have had some other fun stuff like having Joshua Graham right after his attempted killing as a companion who's just a spiteful asshole who antagonized folks and you can try to fix or make worse, and a femenazi parallel of the legion. Oddest thing to be referenced is that one location was a crashed orbital station and that exact design was used for a crashed space station in Fallout 76.
>>
>>92724547
The plague component seems to have manifested in the Lonesome Road dlc and not really anywhere else, they just refluffed it to be that you accidentally delivered a nuke remote control to the Divide and some idjit sat on it. This makes Ulysses really mad at you for... some reason. But him being mad at you for bringing a plague that wiped out everybody or ghoulified them makes Ulysses moderately less retarded.
>>
>>92724594
I mean he's not the only one who went revenge happy. Remember Dean Domino? Bit redundant with that, "let go," theme, but then I don't care because I escaped legitimately with all the gold. I ain't letting go of jack shit.
>>
>>92724587
You know I wonder if it would be possible to make a theoretical NV prequel using the Van Buren framework. Would need a lot of tweaking to things since a lot of locations and factions changed in the time between those design docs getting made and NV being made but I feel the skeleton could work. Some have attempted to make full fledged versions of Van Buren but I think it would be an interesting project to do it but making it fit into the canon of NV. Though considering how difficult those projects to actually make Van Buren are coming along I don't expect those to be finished anytime soon. Place your bets on which will finish first, the NV mod, the Unity project, or the one trying to do it in the Fallout 2 engine without much idea on how to use the engine.
>>
>>92724634
Lomsome Road does make mention of Fot Abadon. Which unless they moved it, indicates NCR exploration into the South-West.
Some things did change, Acarde went from being an Enclave deserter to a child of deserters. But is still associated with the Hoover Dam.
>>
File: file.png (5.33 MB, 1920x1080)
5.33 MB
5.33 MB PNG
>>92725330
>>
>>92667736
>>92667544
I haven't played Fallout 1, but in Fallout 2 you could play a game of chess (and lose) against a rad-scorpion. Or play a card game against a ghoul who turns out to be That guy. Or lose a power armour suit on Navarro base and get verbally demolished by the infamous Drill sergeant. Or play the game with low Int stat and turn it into a clowncar. I could go on.

Fallout 2 was not all about grimderp. I'd say it was about 75% grim and 25% whacky. Also fuck Bethesda and its approach to Fallout.
>>
>>92667466
I have tried to use 5th ed modern for this and it worked out fine.
>>
>>92667466
Buy an ad, faggot
>>
My personal headcanon is that the serum is something ghouls only take when they start showing signs of going feral
>>
>>92728186
you're headcanon is semi-right. It's just Radaway
>>
>>92667466
Should get some more love soon.
>>
>>92728321
So are we going with the idea that Ghouls are immune to radiation but not really because it can eventually drive them feral?
>>
>>92667466
Given all the ways you could choose to present yourself, why this?
>>
File: hqdefault-2507176206.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>92728186
>"So wait, this miracle cure serum is just-"
>"Right! Ghoul spooge!"
And you do NOT want to know how he learned about it.
>>
>>92667466
FFS I bought the rulebook and wanted to get the digital download that came with it so I wouldn't have to wait for the hardcopy and the fucking website makes you jump through so many fucking hoops that I just gave up and was like, Yo, forget it.
>>
>>92730984
they want you to enter a fucking 7 digit key that they fail to give you and when you enter your license key it shits the bed.
>>
>>92728321
>t. retard's personal headcanon which he has absolutely zero proof for
>>
>>92731585
He would have some implied implications at least. Radaway was hooked up to the grave where he was buried alive. If someone wanted to keep him going feral then... Also the similar coloration to the stuff in his inhaler vials. Also past games have suggested that radiation hastens a Ghouls decent into a feral state.

So hardly confirmed but less evidence than zero.
>>
>>92728186
I thought the little vials resembled that vault-tec banana flavoured suicide-juice
it must have been the mandela-effect because I decided to rewatch and they looked nothing alike
must be because I saw they were both yellow
the only thing keeping ghouls from going banana is the awesome flavour of liquid suicide banana
>>
>>92728186
>>92730982
>>92732149
So the canon is that ghoulification is basically triggering a specific mutation in your spine that causes your body to repair itself constantly but it doesn't extend all the way to your skin, prior to the great war this was discovered and experimented with either to create a weapon or to allow important people to survive, we've seen bits of evidence of this pre-war research and the implication that the gangster guy from 4 was turned by one of the people involved in some of that research.

This has been explained to involve a tiny dose of a drug (possibly containing FEV) or an innate "X-factor" followed by a near-deadly level of radiation over an extended period that allows a human to ghoulify, but why some people do when hit by actual nuclear weapon exposure we have no idea.

Depending on which game you go buy there's a suggestions that ghouls go feral if they get too much radiation exposure before the spine healing fully kicks in; if the don't stay social, long periods alone or isolated in a small group; or over time if they are "Chosen" by Ug-Qualtoth in some way.
>>
>>92676504
i remember reading trough this one forever ago, really seems like the best experience to me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.