[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5877.jpg (973 KB, 1039x1046)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
Hello American friends. In june I will be coming to Miami for 10 days.It will be my first time to america, I like walking so will not be using many Uber. What is the best way to found out areas or streets which should be avoided.
Usually I am not troubled when travelling I don’t look like a victim but in america my fear is someone coming to me with a gun to rob me. Thanks :)
>>
>go to miami
>don't go looking for trouble or the 'sketchy places' or for drugs or "the miami vice moments"
>don't be those fucking retarded 'urban explorers' aka every german ever it seems
>keep your bag on you
>use google maps so you know which way to go
Wow that was so hard.
>>
>>2660047
Not really what I asked but thank you for responding friend
>>
>>2660051
>What is the best way to found out areas or streets which should be avoided.
Google maps... It was answered in the post
>>
>>2660052
I mean avoid for safety and criminal issues
>>
>>2660054
>don't go looking for trouble or the 'sketchy places' or for drugs or "the miami vice moments"
>don't be those fucking retarded 'urban explorers' aka every german ever it seems

Done, this isn't hard. Stick to the tourist places and you are fine.
>>
>>2660056
I do not want to stick to tourist places though , not all the time anyway.
>>
>>2660060
You're in Miami a place built on tourism and iconic land marks so... not sure what else you are asking.

1. Don't go to random ass neighborhoods at night looking for 'something to do'
2. Don't go looking for gangsta's or gangs
3. Don't go looking to buy drugs
4. If you have a bad feeling about something walk away

Do you even dress yourself in the morning?
>>
>>2660064
Why are you being so hostile I am only asking questions
>>
>>2660045
Good morning Sars?
>>
When you start to see more black people, you’re approaching a bad neighborhood. When you start to see more white people, you’re approaching a nice neighborhood.

It really is that simple.
>>
>>2660075
No one's being hostile it's just answering a stupid question, if you consider that 'hostile' you're going to have a REAL bad time in Miami.
>>
>>2660116
Why would I have a REAL bad time in Miami
>>
>>2660045
Avoid I-95, it is not safe to walk on.
>>
>>2660457
Because you're going to assume or take it as everyone being extremely rude or hostile.
>>
>>2660105
Can confirm that this is the truth. I never get sucker punched in over 95% white building. Root math here is for every black person your risk of violence doubles, so if you see 4 of them thats 800%.
Brittish whites arent a threat, they just bitch at the bar and then die by overdose at some strip club. Just treat them as nuisance that doesnt exist walking distance away. Theyre all pussies so youre gonna have safe but emotionally abusive trip if theres britbongs nearby.
Math with UK people is more UK = less enjoyment, if theres over 3 brittish people you avoid the place and go somewhere else to not get annoyed. Theyre like apes in a zoo.
>>
File: u1f30a_u1f914.png (15 KB, 534x534)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
What is it with foreign tourists and Miami in particular
>>
>>2660045
>will not be using an Uber
Dude, you will need an Uber if want to go to places. Miami is a sprawling wasteland and in most places the locals and the police will harass you for simply walking outside. Floridians are notoriously bad drivers and will run over you. Also, it is super humid in June so stay hydrated if you are planning to walk a lot.
>>
>>2660045
>will not be using many Uber
That's idiotic, you need a vehicle to get around Miami for anything especially in the summer where you'll just melt into the pavement if you insist on walking.
Anyway, just avoid Overtown. That's it. Go to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, the Everglades, Brickell, and Key Biscayne. If you're into hipster shit go to Design District and Wynwood (once again, making sure you don't wander into Overtown or Little Haiti for that matter). I never cared for Miami Beach outside of Lincoln Road but you're a foreigner and they all love that street anyway so I assume you'll stroll down there as well. God I wish I could burn down that Adidas store and every European/South American that bought a pink Messi shirt from there.
>>
>>2660045

Anons >>2660792 and >>2661584 covered it pretty well. Also I'd like to ask OP if you like rain? I'm talking tropical storm tier, cuz that's what June in Miami is.

>wake up
>sunny with rising humidity
>by midday the humidity is unbearable. >Drenched in sweat within minutes of standing outside
>3 pm: thunderstorm that can last anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours (expect flooding)
>evening/sunset: back to our regularly scheduled humidity
>night time: mosquitoes

It's why we drive everywhere, our public transit is complete shit, and the AC stays on 24/7

t. Miaminativefag
>>
>>2660060

No where else in Miami is walkable. Only the tourist area so you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>2660045
Do they offer Scarface tours in Miami? i'd like to relive a few parts of teh movie. Idk, something like arrive on a boat, do an escape room in a cage, see the motel with the chainsaw scene and maybe cut up some meat, do a bit of coke in a club, and then finish off in a shooting gallery or sth.
>>
>>2662429
Great /biz/ idea but no
Half the movie was filmed in LA cuz Cubans were seething
The chainsaw scene motel building is still there, but it's a CVS now (7th & Ocean)
Fountainebleu hotel (first you get the money, then you get Da Powah!) is still a VIP resort (43rd & Collins)
plenty of coke at any club
>>
File: file.png (5.82 MB, 2500x1667)
5.82 MB
5.82 MB PNG
>>2662424

Wrong.

>Coconut grove and coral gables are beautiful and walkable
>Miami beach is full of drunk niggers now but southpoint park is worth visiting
>Downtown and Brickell are cool at night for the blade runner vibe but full of instagram roasties and simps.
>>
>>2660045
June is the absolute worst month to come to South Florida, it is extremely hot with nearly daily thunderstorms in the afternoons. You can still enjoy it though. Miami has both incredibly bougie and rundown areas and it is not exactly hard to tell which is which so just follow your instincts and you will be fine.
>>
File: file.png (922 KB, 500x667)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
Check out Fairchild Tropical Gardens and Pinecrest Gardens to get the rainforest vibe.

>>2662411

I lived in Miami for years without a car. Sounds like a skill issue.
>>
>>2662855
>let me tell you about the city you were born and raised in

Downtown/Brickell where everything is within walkable distance (publix/whole foods/banks/mall/bars/clubs/restaurants/parks/museums/arena/CVS) not to mention the (free) MetroMover and MetroRail doesn't count as "Miami for years without a car" dipshit.

Once you leave your le transplant Brickell condobox and venture west of 95, to places like Little Havana, Allapattah, Westchester, Kendall, Tamiami, Doral, Hialeah, Miami Lakes, NMB, Aventura...places where actual people live you'll notice you can't do jack shit without a car
>>
>>2662909
Hialeah is walkable, I live here.
>>
>>2662909
He said its walkable unironically.

Florida heat, lol.....lmao....
>>
>>2663256
kek it is walkable
once you park at the strip mall and walk to the store and then walk back to your car
>>
>>2663256
The sidewalk is right there are you blind?
>florida heat
grow up and learn to dress to the climate you are in. So tired of Europoors showing up in dark thick non breathable clothing only to complain non stop and someone eventually get heat stroke.
>>
Why are there so many miserable people on this board? Just answer OP's question without projecting your shortcomings onto him.
>>
>>2662909

I went to Palmetto High and lived in Pinecrest and Spring Garden. I took the bus to Lennar in Westchester to work. Keep seething.
>>
Where's the best place to meet nice, friendly women?
If not Americans, then the hispanics and where they hang out.
>>
>>2665164
You can try Doral City Place, suburban restaurant/bar/club heaven packed with Venezuelans, Colombians, and others. Lots of BBL/fake tits though.
Also Town and Country in Kendall, lots of hispanic cougars at Blue Martini
Brickell and Wynwood are hit/miss. She can be cool (lock her down immediately) or a OF whore (Brickell), transplant (zomg I'm in Miami bitch!), or pretentious insufferable hipster (Wynwood)
For (white) Americans go to Broward (Las Olas in Ft. Ladi-dadi for example)
>>
>>2660045
No need to use an uber in Miami; take the metro from the airport. Unless you are staying in the downtown areas, take the city buses. They go along most of the major roads. The metro and buses were completely free when I visited in March 2021, but I think that has changed.
No, nobody in Miami is going to jump out of their car to rob some poor sweaty slob trudging down the sidewalk. However, you are likely to encounter rude and disdainful behavior indicating your low social status in a city very much obsessed with status symbols. Don't be friendly to sketchy locals on the street; bluntly refuse any overtures and walk away.
>>2660105
>white people in Miami
topkek
>>2660116
This
Miami is rude as fuck, makes NYC seem like a city of kind & caring souls
>>
>>2667137
Like any city there's different scenes. Miami's something else though:

Largest group:

>New arrivals daily from LatAm/Caribbean
>To get with them, Spanish is a must. They no espiki Ingles
>Also they're used to machismo/dominant male
>Introverts/dweebs/incels/insecure/beta/white knight need not apply (in fact this applies to every group)
>they expect and WANT the man to take the lead.

In second place are the Americanized hispanic Miami natives:

>1st/2nd gen came here as little kids or born here
>Americanized, prefer English (but Spanish fluent because they spoke it at home growing up)
>Still culturally hispanic, still want dominant male
>small percentage feminist/prog/etc

Next are the transplants:

>New Yorkers, the worst cancer. Won't STFU about pizza and bagels and other NY bullshit. Universally hated.
>COVID refugees
>WFH look at me I make 200k doing nothing all day email job Starbucks basic bitch
>Never leave their Brickell/downtown/Wynwood bubble. Clueless about Miami in general.

And finally, whores:

>tattoos, BBL, life raft lips, fake tits
>OF is mandatory
>Sugar daddy with a boat
>into roid rage dudes who can supply endless coke/pills

Get in where you fit in

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.