[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 25W0411_22__91372__13055.jpg (506 KB, 1280x1280)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
I am looking for the best quality garden nozzle that fits the following criteria:
>fireman style trigger
or
>thumb style trigger
>no pistol grip
>no internal plastic parts
>usable spray settings (mist, jet, shower, flat. no other bs like flood, down angle, or cone)
been using Orbit brand but these cant take a drop, and start leaking.
Best I found so far is pic related. Unfortunately they dont have the style of trigger I want, and they dont have multiple spray settings. https://garrettwade.com/product/pistol-grip-nozzle
Been looking at FANHAO, and DRAMM but I see too much plastic, and useless spray patterns.
other HD sprayers like Tri-Con are all pistol grip with an adjustable nozzle. I do not like or want this style.
What can anon recommend?
>>
>>2797971
There's a singer cymbal video about this on YouTube
>>
>>2797979
Silver cymbal*
>>
>>2797979
>>2797980
i hate that cunt so much its unreal
>>
>>2797979
that was a really informative video. he has lots of very nice videos packed with tips and info that you can't find anywhere else. thanks for the recommendation anon.
>>
>>2798006
are you for real? all that cunt does is recommend stupid, overpriced garbage like that retarded garage door opener that doesnt work for half the people.
>>
>>2797971
the answer is 100 bucks for eley one, or stick to 20 dollar fireman hose that also very good at the price,but get the og amazing fireman hose. Eley stuff is quality, full port 1/2 brass valve in L shape, you can add any "tip" you want, or use theirs which are very good.

Their quick disconnects has thick ass brass walls and of nice weight they put all other ones to shame also unlike most they are 3/4 instead reduced for shitty connection. you will think most quick connect even those of brass are made of aluminum with how much brass they put in theirs.
btw a garden hose may be 5/8 or 3/4 but the actual id of where the water comes out is actually 1/2 , on the 3/4 hose you might get lucky and it's bigger but usually the actual fitting hole is 1/2. Sad part is they are heavy brass and machined but it's made in china, only the fucking hoses are made in the USA.
>>
File: jose.jpg (30 KB, 842x484)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2798037
>eley
dude, you're the man! almost exactly what I'm looking for.
Does anyone make a rotating spray pattern head i can attach to that?
their ground stake is sweet too, was looking for something like that.
im contempt with the quick connects i have now. they dont leak.
>>
>>2798053
just so you know guide doesn't include a tube to make it rotate.
i don't know what you mean by rotating spray pattern.
>>
>>2798059
>doesn't include a tube
are you sure? its shown in the picture, and description says buy extra and relocate easy
>>
File: tjd.jpg (26 KB, 301x260)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2798059
>rotating spray pattern.
this thing
>>
yes, if you want the best
80 100 dollars
for rubber hoses that are used in pressure washers

they can take high pressure
wont pop
and they can take high tempatures

you need at least a 80 100 for a ok one
>>
File: _shop.jpg (36 KB, 367x384)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2797971
>>
>2798905

OP did research and started a lively discussion. Stop pearl clutching and take a joke, closet fag.
>>
Hold your thumb over the hose like I do when I spray cum all over your wife’s gaping maw
>>
>>2797971
just use your thumb
>>
File: projecting.jpg (58 KB, 870x729)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2798910
>closet fag
>>
>>2798037
Thanks the recommendation bro, this thing is sick
>>
>>2798981
>sticking you finger into wet holes

fucking gay.
>>
>>2798981
With my groundwater temperature I can do that for about 20 seconds before I can't feel my thumb anymore
>>
File: hardwater.jpg (17 KB, 640x427)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2797971
They all suck because hard water ruins them and almost all municipal water supplies use hard water to save money. You can't ameliorate the problem by using higher quality fixtures.
>>
>>2801538
that's entirely based on your geographic area
some places naturally have hard water and some don't
>>
>>2801539
The vast majority have extremely hard water. Talking like 85 to 90 percent. Almost all domestic water sources have high concentrations of dissolved minerals and it's simply too expensive to remove especially in the volume levels municipalities are dealing with.
>>
>>2801538
just drop it in citric acid solution you geriatric woman.
>>
>>2801538
what are you complaining about
>LE HARD WATER
i got natural hard water cause of open aqueducts from Colorado river to give me water.
Never had a problem with fucking hose bib hose connection, I more worried about dissimilar metals and salt in the coastal air.
>>
>>2801538
op here,
i have well water full of iron chunks.
originally my water hose came out straight from the well, and all those chunks would clog my equipment and wear out all the plastic parts.
ive since had a whole house filter installed and then an iron filter and finally a water softener.
now my outside taps are filtered, so clogging is no longer an issue.
the eley metal screens are fantastic and wont wear out from some particles that still get through.
>>
>>2797971
I got a brass nozzle and zinc pistol grip from ace Miller. They screw into each other and you can get a precise jet all the way down to a mist. You won't have stupid stuff like a flat spray or whatever but it'll cost $20 and probably last for a decade if not more.
>>
File: file.png (241 KB, 1024x1024)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
I just use a Dramm adjustable nozzle
>>
>>2803870
I also use this. Not that particular brand, but that style.MYXDYM
>>
File: 1685643259948568.png (279 KB, 500x500)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>>2797971
>>
I've got 20+ nozzles and they all work so I'm not sure what OPs issue is.

The classic screw end ones are indestructible even in plastic, all things being equal I'd use them.

The trigger style ones have an internal rubber seal that wears out quickly, but can usually be replaced. If you oil the mechanical parts and replace the seals this goes a long way to stop leaking.
>>
>>2804497
>I've got 20+ nozzles and they all work
If they all worked, then why the hell would you have 20+ of them? Like who the hell needs that many working hose nozzles?
>>
>>2804913
i have severe and debilitating autism
>>
>>2804913
I AM OBESSED GARAGE GUY LEVEL AUTISM ALSO I AM NOT HELPFUL FINDING THE BEST ONE EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT LIKE 20.
>>
>>2798037
fwiw, their hose reels are top quality also.
>>
>>2805466
everything eley makes is over engineered and overpriced and fucking worth every damn cent
>>
>>2806040
reel isn't really, they arn't cox reel expensive but they are probably better.
>>
>>2797971
>Best Garden Hose Nozzle
is the one you never need to use
>from a place you'll never see
>comes a squirt you'll never hear
>>
File: yotsuba gun.jpg (28 KB, 400x216)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2806371
>>
>>2797971
>>2803870
What the hell is wrong with this? They are like $20, last forever, are indestructible, and let you have the spray you want.

Why do you want some chinese gizmo?
>>
>>2806380
tbf eley aren't chinese gizmos
they're nebraskan gizmos

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.