[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • [sjis] tags are available. Install the Mona font to view SJIS art properly.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715592535457120.jpg (147 KB, 716x1024)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Can we have an honest to god discussion about Koishifags and their inability to reconcile that Koishi is a true sociopath that can’t form any sort of relationships whatsoever? She can’t sympathize nor empathize with anyone, and she can’t even deal with normal emotions properly due to her not being able to feel them like other people can. Why do Koishifags always deny this part of her characteristics? It’s plain to see she’s not “normal”.
>>
>Source: my doujins
>>
No one is saying that she's "normal". It's just that her kkhta portrayal as a murderous psycho is wrong.
>>
>>46820097
I don’t get what’s happening? Does she not know how to grief?
>>
>>46820818
Well Koishi is only has an ID, but she probably would be able to grieve as animals feel sadness, and depending on the type of animal.
But for the sake of drama she doesn't feel grief here.
>>
>>46820990
To my understanding, she knows what she's feeling, she just wouldn't have the emotional capability to process it.
Like grieving for example; where regular people will be depressed for a while, Koishi will go "oh I'm feeling sad" then immediately try to remedy that. Basically she just skipped every stages of grief to acceptance.
In the case of OP's doujin, she probably wouldn't ponder over the issue of death as long as she did. It's not like her memory got wiped when she closes her third eye, since she still remembers how depressing it is to read people's mind.
>>
>>46820097
bait or retard?
>>
>>46820127
The doujins do portray Koishi correctly.
>>
>>46820097
Because Koishi is an inconsistent fuck, SA Koishi, fighting games Koishi and more recently CDS Koishi are different characters, of course Koishifags have no fucking clue how she is, ZUN doesnt either.
>>
>>46826071
She is still the cutest hu in my heart, tho.
>>
>>46820990
What happens when you bonk her over the head with a book about the flaws of Freudian psychology?
>>
>>46826071
I think the problem is that ZUN doesn't really understand how to make an id-driven character an actual character and not an animal (because that is what a creature without an ego or superego would be, incapable of communicating, acting entirety on needs, fighting, fucking, feasting on a whim, acting without any real conscious ideas beyond having a want and immediately filling it)
>>
>>46826299
Thing is, some animals do have a sense of "self", like Dolphins, Crows, and some monkeys, so I dont know what the fuck Koishis deal should be.
I for one dont mind, fighting games Koishi behaves like a fucking animal, doing things just because and not feeling anything about it, but I dont like the whole "murder hobo" phase that she was memed on, same way with Flandre.
I have seen some Koishifags say that CDS resembles her SA version more than the fighting games, lets see what happens with that.
>>
>>46820097
>>46820127
>>46826071
>>46826299
>>46826381
You people need to read the official manga. Koishi is just as violent and murderhobo as in the doujins. If anything, koishifags are the most honest about their 2hu.
>>
Happy Koishi day!
>>
>>46826563
I think you need to read Freud if you think the last two posts were about that.
>>
>>46826563
Does this mean if Koishi gets angry, she will kill those she find annoying? What happens if she falls in love with a human?
>>
>>46826563
I think you need to get tested for autism if you think CDS Koishi is even close to the flanderised doujin Koishi
>>
File: 81550632_p0_master1200.jpg (1.76 MB, 1200x1000)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>46820097
>Koishifags and their inability to reconcile that Koishi is a true sociopath that can’t form any sort of relationships whatsoever?
you're ignoring that the majority of people who like koishi like her because she's insane, and atleast a third of her fans are also grimsokyo fags
i got hooked on her while i was pretty depressed last year
>>
>>46827609
GimsokyoGODS my petite chou fleur
>>
File: 1707785414279536.gif (64 KB, 132x132)
64 KB
64 KB GIF
>>46827692
>petite chou fleur
lmao thats the gayest thing i've heard all week
i prefer plain fried cauliflower myself
but you're right, grimsokyo is very based
i think the guy who made grotesque land story and black souls should make an rpgmaker fangame involving grimsokyo
>>
>>46826563
CDS is shit because it's letting fanon influence canon wayyy too much.
>>
What if "CDS Koishi" is actually Mizuchi though? She acted kinda creepy behind Okuu as she spoke to her.
>>
>>46829633
Koishi is literally unconscious, how can she be possessed if she has no consciousness?
>>
>>46829794
She got controlled by Perfect Possession in AoCF. In fact, she was an easy test subject because of her condition.
She'd just be filled with Mizuchi's consciousness.
>>
>>46829633
That'd be amusing. I love my wife Mizuchi.
>>46829827
>filled with Mizuchi's consciousness
Imagine....
>>
>>46829633
mizuchi's down in the hot springs town with yuugi already though, she's got absolutely no reason to go after koishi
>>
>>46829836
Yuugi offers her help in taking revenge on the Hakurei. Wants Mizuchi to disperse the protesting spirits in return. It'd be an easy excuse.
>>
>>46829836
There's a timeskip between the previous and the current chapter in which she goes to possess Koishi, I guess?
The detective's sister would be a good target.
>>46829835
Having Koishi being filled with somebody's else consciousness would almost be like in a certain webseries...jk, I don't think it would need a reference to anything. I don't see any issue with the possibility of Koishi getting possessed.
In fact, a scene like this is what I've been expecting since the very start of the manga: the culprit is going to target Koishi so that she can get closer to the detective (and then possess her and aim for Reimu, I suppose).
It could also be a pretty cool set up for having Satori find about it by realizing her powers suddenly work on Koishi, which normally shouldn't happen.
Assuming she decides to use her powers on her and this brings me to a topic I don't think I've seen discussed much or at all since CDS was released...
>>46826071
I'm in the "ZUN flip flops whenever he brings up Koishi" camp, but speaking of the two sisters in general now:
we all agree that ZUN completely changed how their mindreading ability works, right?
Before CDS, the implication was that it was a permanently active ability. This would result in Satori constantly reading the protagonist and interrupting her every time because she already knew her next line, which really made an impression of a youkai that was hard to deal with as you couldn't converse with her "normally". It would also fit Koishi's tragic backstory, because it meant Koishi was in no condition to avoid reading all the hateful thoughts towards her.
Furthermore, the ability showed no costs: Satori read your mind, then challenged you to a danmaku match and even used this ability for her danmaku.

Then CDS comes out and suddenly Satori needs to manually activate her ability, which now takes a huge toll that has her pass out even long after she's used that ability.
>>
>>46820097
Koishifags like her BECAUSE she isn't normal. How do you not realize that?
>>
If you like Koishi, you are Reddit.
Simple as.
>>
If you like Koishi, you are 4chan.
Simple as.
>>
>>46830055
>Then CDS comes out and suddenly Satori needs to manually activate her ability, which now takes a huge toll that has her pass out even long after she's used that ability.
I fucking love retcons so much bros.
>>
>>46830055
Wait, was it ever stated that she manually turned it on/off or was it just "implied"?
Anyways, her passing out doesn't necessarily need to be a retcon. Her ability can be on permanently BUUUT if she reads the minds of too many people simultaneously it ends up being too much. Your brain is running permanently but it can be overwhelmed with too much information, right? That doesn't mean it turned off.
>>
File: koish.gif (808 KB, 138x140)
808 KB
808 KB GIF
shut the fuck up niggers it's her day today
>>
>>46834108
faster
>>
>>46826563
This, turns out KKHTA was canon all along.
>>
>>46826563
>You people need to read the official manga.
Why? It sucks.
>>
File: file.png (387 KB, 758x414)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>46832036
there's a moment in chapter 8 where yuyuko directs satori to read her mind and satori seems to manually do so
>>
>>46835599
Weird, I thought the biggest reason she was a loner was because she literally couldn't stop reading minds and that's why people didn't want anything to do with her. Now she has to hold her eye and point it at the person? Dumb.
Because now I can be sitting in front of Satori, and know when she is and isn't reading my mind just from a hand gesture. So why would I be wary of her?
I swear to fuck, CDS has made way too many retarded decisions. Only reason I'm sticking around reading it is sunk cost and "muh Hakurei shrine lore".
>>
File: cds flan.jpg (643 KB, 1097x1111)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>46836105
For me it's cute Flanand Mima hopium
>>
>>46836298
cunnilingus_gesture
>>
>>46832036
>>46835599
>>46836105
I thought Satori just read minds of everyone in the room without knowing who is who, but can focus on a specific individual if they want to
>>
>>46836298
Glad she's a battle goblin that doesn't give a fuck, and is not a basement dwelling murder goblin like fanon loves portraying her as.

>>46836390
Then why would she need to 'focus' on Yuyuko (>>46835599) if she's the only one in the room with her?
It's a retarded retcon and completely shits on the already shit character Koishi. Koishi, to escape the fear and hatred others feel towards her species felt she had no choice but to close her third eye.
Now since it apparently has an on/off I find myself asking the question, "bro, if you didn't want people to hate you for reading their minds... Then why not simply have the button switched to off?"
Seriously, your mind reading ability has an on/off switch and you're trying to tell me you couldn't find ONE person other than your sister willing to be your friend? Fuck right off.
>>
>>46836509
>if she's the only one in the room with her?
She's not, Reimu was there with them. And given the context, it's more that Yuyuko asked to talk via mind-reading instead of it being an involuntary thing.

If you ask me, I think the issue boils down to the artistic portrayal of her ability, which might be ZUN's own directing fault considering Akimaki did the same thing in chapter 22. Basically he tried to make it obvious she's reading people's mind but it comes off like she has to do it voluntarily, which as you've said kind of break a big part of the sister's backstory.
>>
>>46838393
Honestly they need to give her an item like Miko has that lets her focus on one person, but still doesn't give her the ability to "turn it off". Save confusion.
>>
>>46836509
While extremely unknown and not on the English Touhou wiki, on the website of AoCF, Koishi is titled "The Satori who Unintentionally Closed her Heart"
Although it is promotional materiel so dubious, it is also the some of the only information we have on the event, other than Byakuren and Miko talking about how she unintentionally approached emptiness.
>>
>>46839016
Unless it has a massive drawback, it would probably left people wondering why Koishi didn't just do the same.
>>
File: hee~.png (254 KB, 675x453)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>46838393
>I think the issue boils down to the artistic portrayal of her ability
Yeah that's what I've been thinking. I guess they're trying to make her ability impactful by giving it a clear notice of when it's being used instead of just letting the audience assume she's doing it all the time passively, and since the story is told in all third person we don't really get satori's internal monologue to react over what she read. Take the page >>46838393 posted, a significant portion is just being flashy about her ability and leading the reader on with the assumed importance of what Satori read.
It could also be that either ZUN or the artist doesn't think the audience is clever enough to understand Satori's ability without being explicitly told when it's being used. Like everytime it is used there's a big red flag saying "Satori is doing her thing now!"
A bit unrelated, but there's a bit in chapter 14 where Satori collapses and says that reading human minds too much makes her feel ill.
>>
>>46840803
>reading human minds too much makes her feel ill.
Satori_thread.jpg was canon all along?
>>
>>46840803
Youmu is such a fucking retard holy shit
>>
>>46840803
Anybody would be ill if they were subjected to Youmu.
>>
>>46828632
Say that to Hina who wants Nitori to stay dead
>>
>>46840816
>>46841848
Hoping Reimu wins first place in the internet popularity poll this year, fellas!
>>
File: 1711088286692796.jpg (56 KB, 600x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Lmao.
>>
>>46820097
Can Koishi be saved? Or is she forever condemn to be an edgy 2hu character now that ZUN gave her a canon knife?
>>
File: Th145KoishiSCLW.png (1.23 MB, 1279x721)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>46844944
She's had a canon knife for about 10 years.
>>
>>46845020
The fighting games were something else that were allowed to do their own thing.
>>
>>46844944
>Can Koishi be saved?
Honestly? No, not at the current rate. I joked here (>>46830451) that she's the quintessential Reddit character. However the more I've read this thread and the more I've reread of the last CDS chapter, I'm convinced she's now the "safe choice" for normies to have as their favourite character.
Used to be that if anyone said an EoSD character was their favourite, you could tell they were a secondary. Not that I'm saying if an EoSD character is your favourite, you're automatically a faggot. But usually you can tell from how they celebrated their favourite EoSD character that they were a normie with no knowledge of the series outside "le edgy vampire girl".
>>
>>46845079
The fighting games are also where ZUN say we see Reimu's true character in ULiL.
>>
>>46844944
>>46846388
Your tears are delicious, moefags.
>>
>>46845020
And it ruined her character ever since. I want the pure and virginal koishi back.
>>
I think Koishi is tall and has huge boobies
>>
File: 1.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1816)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>46854420
A connoisseur
>>
>>46851434
>moefag
I bet I hate moe more than you.
>>
>>46856024
Don't lewd the koishi.
>>
>>46854420
Wrong! Koishi is a sporty and slim girl who wears boots!
>>
>>46854411
>pure and virginal koishi back.
You might want to replay SA, this time with all the routes.
>>
>>46859110
She was a saint.
>>
>>46860508
She's precious.
>>
>>46860508
Does a saint really say stuff like this?
>>46250309
>>
>>46860620
>Does a saint really say stuff like this?
Yes. At least for me.
>>
File: koishi tomfoolery.webm (1.87 MB, 670x503)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB WEBM
>>46860620
If a saint had no filter and didn't think about what they were saying then yes. Real saints have skeletons in their closet. Koishi doesn't have any ulterior motives and just wants to make her sister happy. If she's happy, everyone is happy.
>>
>>46860654
>>46860659
Then there's no problem with the "new" Koishi. She's always been like that.
>>
>>46860689
Koishi does Koishi things. At least in CDS she gave the vengeful protesters a chance to fuck off before they mobbed her.
>>
>>46845020
It's merely a phase, she's got the angst and thinks the psycho killer bit is cool
>>
>>46861058
>a phase
If anything, she's still carrying the knife even after she's stopped larping as Mary-san. I don't think there are other ULiL/AoCF characters who kept a trait of their urban legend after that incident ended.
>>
>>46861111
>I don't think there are other ULiL/AoCF characters who kept a trait of their urban legend after that incident ended.
Which is a fucking shame, Id love to see Byakuren casually going around gensokyo with a fucking motorbike, I dont really know why she didnt keep with how convenient it would be for her to do so.
>>
>>46860659
My god that girl is cute
Since when was autism so sexy
>>
>>46861142
She realized her jacket was too lewd and retired her bike to storage out of associated shame. She still waxes and maintains it though.
>>
>>46861111
Maybe the knife is a completely separate thing from the urban legend that Koishi nabbed from an unsuspecting villager
Or maybe she had it on her all along
>>
>>46861142
There is a FS chapter with Byakuren toying with her motorbike keys and a cameo of her biker design, but it takes place around ULiL.
Also a cover, iirc, with her motorbike.
>>46861179
Not that I necessarily mean this is a remnant of the power of that specific urban legend, but the use of the same weapon twice can't be a coincidence. There is clearly some character continuity in her as "the girl with the knife".
>>
>>46860620
All banter.
>>
>>46864076
>All banter.
Least deluded koishifag
>>
Could an AI defeat Koishi due to having no subconscious to manipulate?
>>
>>46864468
You're getting the two demographics mixed up, Koishi haters are the ones who think her edgy portrayal solely comes from KKHTA (no explanation is ever given as to why the author picked Koishi as the crazy MC of all 2hus over, say, Flan).
>>
>>46865194
>defeat Koishi
I mean, her specific ability of manipulation of the unconscious wouldn't work on it. That's it.
>>
>>46866224
Maybe not even that, animism is canon to Touhou due to Shintoism so the AI would probably have a soul and might subsequently have sub-conscious.
>>
>>46860779
>At least in CDS she gave the vengeful protesters a chance to fuck off before they mobbed her.
She baited them to attack her so she can have an excuse to kill them. Literally no different than trigger-happy blood knights.
>>
>>46873394
Back to tvtropes with you.
>>
>>46820097
Koishi may not be normal but sher and her sister are my beloved, not normal artists and I will protect them no matter what!
>>
File: 1661605198815076.gif (219 KB, 320x320)
219 KB
219 KB GIF
>>46873394
This is assuming she needs an excuse and has the capacity to be cunning.
But sure, Koishi is a master baiter.
>>
>>46873455
You know deep down inside I'm right. Koishi is nothing more than a violent murderhobo.
>>
>>46873668
She is cunning in the games.
>>
>>46820097
if you stop and think about it. This doujin is low-key kind of sad since it implies that canonically Koishi doesn't understand or have any emotions due to closing her third eye. I wonder how that affects her relationship with Satori. Does she still love her or is she just a stranger to her that happens to be related to her. Shit like this is what makes me wish someone made a serious attempt at the relationship between the two of them.
>>
>>46881186
One might say she's a cunning linguist.
>>
I just like how bratty Koishi is in the new canon.
>>
File: 1716097019955423.jpg (222 KB, 1330x980)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
Can I ask a question? You think if Satori ever has a boyfriend or Husband, that Koishi will hate them? I know she can't "hate" them due to her not "feeling" anything. But that's her older sister, surely Koishi has to feel something for Satori, right?
>>
>>46891615
>But that's her older sister, surely Koishi has to feel something for Satori, right?
Someone post that pic
>>
>>46891615
Are they a package deal?
>>
>>46900006
yes
>>
>>46892587
What pic?
>>
>>46820097
The Koi has reached 33k fanarts on danbooru!
>>
>>46907404
People really love this yandere 2hu
>>
>>46912640
Koishi means sex so yes
>>
>>46912846
But you will have mentally challenge kids.
>>
>>46914465
I see no problem here. I will populate Gensokyou with my offspring as much as I can, to the point where Satori will be the most common youkai race there.
>>
>>46914703
It won’t be a satori, it would be a human. The satori species will be extinct since there’s no male satori to keep the species pure and untainted
>>
>>46914726
>It won’t be a satori, it would be a human.
Not if I give up my humanity and become a youkai (or at least half youkai) before i breed her.
> keep the species pure and untainted
Again, I see nothing wrong here. I mean, Sanae exists and was born as a living god. She could be a real god whenever she wants. Even if my descendants become half-satori, I am quite certain that they will inherit all the abilities of the Satori species. In the end, they'll be pure enough to be classified as satori.
>>
>>46914726
That’s a good thing, Youkai are being fucked to death.
>>
>>46920209
Youkai are superior to humans and such, don't deserve to have their pure bloodlines diluted by trash.
>>
>>46920209
>Youkai are being fucked to death.
That's not how genetics works.
>>
>>46886774
What even is she now? I thought Koishi didn’t do long-term planning due to her being unconscious or something. Has that been retcon now?
>>
>>46937380
>What even is she now?
A meme character
>>
>>46938116
A fate worse than death.
>>
>I thought Koishi didn’t do long-term planning due to her being unconscious or something.
She was always able to do that even back in SA, she decides to climb Youkai Mountain and find the gods Okuu received her powers from so that they can give some to her own pets as well.
>>
>>46941842
That seems more of a short-term plan. Also, doesn’t she neglect her animals?
>>
>>46947924
Mid-term at the very least.
>neglect her animals
No?
>Indeed, it seemed that Koishi began to change, ever so slightly, after she began to raise her pets.
>>
>>46860508
She's going to stab you in your sleep by accident
>>
>>46949802
>She's going to stab you in your sleep
I have no problem at all if it was her who did it.
>by accident
Then it will help me achieve nirvana.
>>
>>46951065
But don't you want to start a family? How is having a wife that's mentally ill help with that?
>>
>>46938116
>>46937380
She's Zun's Deadpool/Harley.
>>
>>46955522
>How is having a wife that's mentally ill help with that?
Her "mental illness" is what makes her so special to me.
>>
>>46955749
Then you're braver than me.
>>
>>46820097
I love her because she's just like me.
>>
>>46964131
How is she like you?
>>
>>46856024
>shinori
Thicc 'tist
Best 'tist
>>
I love her so much.

So so much...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.