[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51253.jpg (15 KB, 225x336)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
What were they thinking releasing this crap?
The only pleasant thing is the credits music
>>
File: 1713803417301192.jpg (49 KB, 739x415)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Nobody watches Nadesico for the plot.
>>
>>22613105
They were thinking they were going to get two more movies.
>>
Ruri cute.
>>
>>22613152
You sure? Yurika is pretty busty.
>>
>>22613196
>They were thinking they were going to get two more movies.
And yet the staff abandoned the project just because they were bored with it. It didn't bomb or anything.
>>
>>22613346
Is she still as sassy as she was in the show?
>>
>>22613347
Akito would have fucked her a long time ago if that's true
>>
File: evbklhfd.jpg (2.49 MB, 2450x3446)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
Nadesico would have easily been an 8/10 show if they hadn't gone overboard with comedy. Sure, there are some good moments, but making the Jovian Lizards be colonists larping to Getter Robo religion is where they crossed the line. It's not even funny, it's super retarded

By the time they wanted to make it more serious tone, nobody gave a shit anymore
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.69 MB, 1920x1036)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>22613377
For most of the movie, Yurika is petrified. She's only awakened at the very end
>>
File: retroarch_vaSOKVPqPB.png (163 KB, 960x720)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>22613105
i just watched this last night, when i was watching it i was having a blast until the ending struck.
people say the tone is off but that's just a lie, the humor and quips are just as fast paced in the movie as in that original anime. i think the biggest problem with the movie really is the lack of an ending, the base premise for the drama being largely skipped over, and just how much of a wet-fart the movie turned out being. the character redesigns also suck and i really don't like izumi, ruri or ryoko's new look but that's just me.
if this had really been the first part of a trilogy or something it probably would've been fine, assuming the would-be sequels gave a proper conclusion to the story, but its not and what we have instead is something unfinished.
blank of 3 years was a great nadesico sequel and it had everything i wanted from what a sequel should've looked like. but it doesn't really explain anything in the movie since the vn itself is so stand-alone.
>>
>>22613584
Doesn't the Dreamcast game resolve it?
>>
>>22613105
Pretty drawings, good enough for me. Keiji Gotoh really is that good of a sakkan.

https://youtu.be/bjmu0aixO_A?si=rZQu5PsAAOlf5ZfQ
>>
>>22613778
The game was a prequel to the movie iirc
>>
>>22613379
Wasn't Akito also dating this chick for like a couple episodes? Then they broke up, but I can't remember why.
>>22613395
I meant Ruri.
>>22613773
I thought the Dreamcast game also ended on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>22613866
Yeah then she dates main protag who became her manager for her VA career in Blank of 3 Years who then turned out to be a woman in her route and only in her route for whatever mindfuck reason.
>>
>>22613105
And SRW keeps throwing it at us.
>>
>>22614421
I will take Rayearth over Nadesico anyday even though I didn't like the show that much since it was aiming for school girls.
Aestavalis are ugly and useless and emo Akito is cringe.
>>
>>22614414
I'd say it's because of the Black Sarena and Captain Ruri.
>>22614421
It's a good thing you told us you hate Rayearth. Otherwise, we wouldn't have known.
>>
I hope the Gekiganger 3 OVA eventually gets a new scan, it's a really fun little thing and it's a shame it never got a proper scan like the show and film.
>>
File: retroarch_ukH62msFUO.png (113 KB, 960x720)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>22613773
i haven't played it yet but from what I hear its not the case.
>>22613873
you can still marry megumi as a man, i'm not entirely sure what the criteria is but depending on some dialogue decision you're quietly turned into a woman or stay as a man.
i think izumi is the only character that outright rejects you and then goes to play ukulele on an iceberg. for some reason the other two mecha pilots have unavoidable bad endings that are BEYOND meanspirited.
its extra surprising you can even romance that one loli that shows up near the end of the show whose name escapes me.
>>
>>22613866
>I meant Ruri.
>Is she still as sassy as she was in the show?
Absolutely not. She's boring not to mention not cute at all.
>>
>>22613196
That still doesn't explain the radical shift.

>>22613393
filtered
>>
>>22613105
it was some multi-media thing where games would recreate and fill in the gaps from the show and movie and beyond
>>
File: 1693183016010151.jpg (22 KB, 347x343)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>22613105

Retrospectively, Akito getting experimented on and being turned into an edge lord was such a massive mistake.

But they just couldn't let Yurika and him ever get together on-screen and live a happy life together.
>>
>>22616255
Then what's the point in making her the main character if you're gonna remove what made her good?
>>
>>22613105
"We have Ayanami Rei at home"
>>
>>22616974
Nah, she's space Frieren
>>
>>22616974
Didn't this movie actually another loli that isn't Ruri? I always forget that she exists.
>>
File: sternkugel.jpg (355 KB, 978x1500)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
Had some really awesome animation too and mechanical design. I desperately want a model kit of this but it's probably never gonna happen, Bandai or Koto pls.
>>
>>22613393
>making the Jovian Lizards be colonists larping to Getter Robo religion is where they crossed the line. It's not even funny, it's super retarded
It's silly, retarded and obviously played for laughs a lot, but it's also in-line with the themes of the show.

>>22613584
>people say the tone is off but that's just a lie, the humor and quips are just as fast paced in the movie as in that original anime
Can't say I agree with this at all. The Nadesico TV show is primarily light-hearted and humorous punctuated by dark moments. The movie is the opposite. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it's also that the lead characters for the movie don't work that well. Removing Ruri's sassiness made her very flat, she doesn't have much of a character or arc. Hari is the only real new character and he's almost totally defined through his relationship with Ruri, who is a flatline as mentioned, and the rest of the returning cast from the TV show are still doing their secondary/tertiary roles instead of being expanded upon.

What you're left with is a pretty generic mecha action movie. Well animated, but the plot is pretty throwaway- it's one big roundup of the crew that ends with Ruri just single handedly shutting down the bad guy fortress with her cyber hax. If they had gotten more entries maybe it could've developed into something more, but that just means they didn't think to make the first entry interesting enough on its own to hook you.

>>22616270
>Retrospectively, Akito getting experimented on and being turned into an edge lord was such a massive mistake.
To be fair, it's not unrealistic based on the logic of even the TV show, every time Akito or the crew of the Nadesico tried to force cartoon morality into real life it blew up in their face. Choosing not to destroy the Boson Jump unit was another short-sighted decision on their part and it was only a matter of time before one of the two sides either got their hands on it or one of the jumpers and ruined their life.
>>
>>22617168
>The Nadesico TV show is primarily light-hearted and humorous punctuated by dark moments.
Ruri lost her sass, this is completely true, but have you seen that movie recently? Every scene in it has joke after joke, either tucked away in the background or launched from one into the other. Just to name a few gags on the top of my head...
>The children wrestling over the pop-up display when everything is going haywire at the start of the movie.
>The old extremist couple just sitting down in uniform as their compatriots
>Hikaru forcing everyone to work on her manga before she joins the crew again.
>The entire arcade scene.
>Goto popping up out from hiding in the grave during the graveyard scene, taking the entire block of stone with him.
>The Martian Successors using shoujo manga to unravel the secrets of boson jumping.
>The explanation scene from Inez
>ALL of Jun and that one young high-school girl's shared screen time were presented comically.
>Izumi and Hikaru reenacting old sci-fi anime scenes in their seats while fellow passengers look at them in mild bewilderment.
>The head engineer's "battle-scars"
I do agree that most of the cast didn't grow or change much in the story, and at worst had two lines of dialogue, but to say the tone was off doesn't sit right with me. The movie itself isn't that much different than, say, the episode where Yurika blows up an entire refugee camp and copes about it for maybe an episode or two before being resolved and never brought up again. (With jokes still interrupting the drama).
>>
>>22616270
Retrospectively? It was dumb back then.

>>22617242
You can continue this one man[child] campaign for as long as you like, you're not gonna overcome a quarter-century+ of perception.
>>
>>22617823
His examples are reasonable and clinging to a thing purely because you've thought it for a while is far more [man]childish.
>>
I liked the movie.
Not as much as the show.
But I liked it.
>>
>>22617242
Samefagging from 22617917 since i saw that.
having seen this movie last year with a buddy I can confirm that yeah its pretty tonally consistent with the TV show, the real issues the movie has is that its just kinda too rushed to set up future plot points and Ruri can't carry a show in a lead role. It should've focused on making a good independent movie first and a media empire second, but even in the show you could tell they really wanted to create a media empire.
Nadesico will always be one of my favorite mecha series for what it means to me in both of my relationships i've been apart of, and while I'm happy for SRW existing, I feel like people don't go back and rewatch the series enough, it's an entirely different show on that second watch, likewise with the movie.
>>
>>22617852
>no it's everyone else who is wrong not me
>>
>>22614600
So, any English TL for this?
>>
>>22614600
Mean-spirited like they die?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (140 KB, 960x720)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>22623387
nope, you gotta learn japanese. i don't think its ever going to be translated because of both how obscure and text-heavy it is.
>>22623412
well, in the case of ryoko in her route its found out that you're actually an artificial lifeform created as a countermeasure to the jovian's dwindling population. she gives out a heartfelt confession to you and cries about how much you mean to her not caring that you're not a real human, having fought together and lived alongside each other for a good chunk of the route beforehand. you're also her first relationship, ever, and its not just an unrequited crush so she's extra clingy even before this; sleeping by your side and taking care of you while you were unconscious after piloting gekiganger v and nearly blowing up. the protagonist is forced to enter a pod (alongside his former artificial lover, who he killed a few minutes beforehand in self defense) in order to fulfil his duty in saving his kind. after comforting ryoko one last time and watching her fly away in her mecha, he enters his pod and closes it as all the lights in the facility and its source of power begin to shut down. you get your sad credits montage, and if you stick around to the very end there's a small piece of bonus dialogue in which you see the protagonist muttering ryoko's name over and over again in the darkness.
the actual outcomes of the ending is just as ambiguous as it sounds by the way. i don't know why they did this to her and im not even a big ryoko fan.
>>
Wasn't this chick in the Dreamcast game as a villain?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_uATQPkO0
>>
>>22624079
Yeah. Crimson Group also bankrolled the Successors because that detail was needed but making PoD actually good wasn't.
>>
>>22624068
What's Hikaru's ending?
>>
>>22628516
iirc its basically the exact same thing but with some unique hikaru banter before she gets cucked
>>
It's still one of the most beautiful animated films I've ever seen.
>>
>>22631619
Too bad it's animating >>>/trash/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.