[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you wave to other riders?
>>
>>1996838
Mostly the head nod. Gives some plausible deniability for both parties.
Sometimes a low wave after I pass someone, if they moved over for me.
>>
i do if they look chill and are similar to me.
>>
Only other lycra freds, old ladies, and little kids on training wheels being followed by their dads (I don't wave to the dad unless he's a lycra fred). Everyone else sucks and I don't want to see them or acknowledge their existence.
>>
i dont wave at anyone and theyve never waved at me maybe its an american cultural thing
>>
>>1996838
Only if it's before 5:00 in the morning. I wave everyone who is training at that time.
>>
>>1996848
i would not wave to you
>>
>>1996840
I do the nod
>>
>>1996838
I'm a both hands stay deathgripped on the handlebars until i reach a full and complete stop kind of guy.
>>
>>1996838
Only on the trail.
>>
>>1996889
I said only if you're followed by your dad. I don't make a habit of waving at children otherwise since an adult male being friendly to a child alone might be misconstrued.
>>
>>1996838
if we make eye contact I do the head nod. if I notice a driver or ped has been considerate to me w/r/t traffic, I'll wave but usually just the "keep hand on bar and raise fingers while making eye contact" wave. this may be a southern US thing, I don't know. the only time I really wave is not for greeting but to wave-through other traffic when they have ROW or to indicate I wish to cede ROW to them, both of which which I do quite frequently.
>>
I don't and I'm quite sad about it. I don't think it's in my imagination that racers are disgusted by us unracers and don't even consider us worth a nod.
>>
>>1996838
>Brompton
kusoanime
>>
>>1996921
When I wave unracers they never wave back so I stopped. Same with grumpy old men riding rim brake road bikes
>>
>>1996838
No, when I'm on my bike I hate everyone on the road. Probably because I'm either cycling to work or eager to get home.
Also the highest gear I can get to on my poorly adjusted rear gears keeps skipping if I press on the pedals too hard.
>>
>>1996930
>gears keeps skipping if I press on the pedals too hard.
Fix your shit.
>>
>>1996906
I like to lift both hands off the handlebars, like a "woah there, partner" gesture, if I'm stopped and intending to yield to another road user.
A very clear indication I'm not going anywhere until the hands grab the bars again.
>>
I just yell HEY CUNT at couriers.
>>
>>1996901
>worried about waving at children
Just give them a thumbs up, they know what it means.

>>1996906
>to wave-through other traffic when they have ROW
If a cager is doing the wrong thing at an intersection, first they get a 3x "headshake No", then a "thumb out, cutting head off" gesture, then a middle finger.
Don't encourage their regressive, "gracious" behavior.
>>
>>1996901
(You) suck, and i do not want to acknowledge your existence
>>
>>1996929
yea, i don't wave to lycrafags.
>>
>>1996962
hmm, I'll try it
>>
I just nod in a non committal way and assume they saw the quality, rarity and desirability of my custom built fillet brazed 90s mtb decked out with Chris King, Ringle and Gravity Research
>>
File: minivelofamily.png (91 KB, 275x124)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>1996838
>mini velo family
spotted yesterday
meme magic is real
>>
>>1997256
look at all that wasted space between the bikes. a car would be much more efficient
>>
I live in Florida, the only other riders are the homeless. Best not to make eye contact.
>>
>>1996838
I always lift my fingers for others on similar bikes. Exceptions: I'm climbing, I'm on a grandpa bike.
>>
>>1996838
In the countryside I might say moin
In the city no one even looks at each other
>>
>>1996838
Why anime?
>>
>>1998997
Arrested development and/or pedophilia
>>
>>1998997
Why 4chan?
>>
ya but not the ebikers
>>
>wave
>guy fucking sees me
>doesn't wave back
i'll kill you
>>
>>1997275
>a car would be much more efficient
says the car cuck
you post bait, I post counter-bait, simple as
>>
>>1996838
only wave to cute boys and to dogs
>>
>>1997279
Unfortunate, the cooler half of the year is perfect riding weather. Fellow Floridanon from Lakeland here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.