[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Puppet to Tyson Foods Bans Lab Grown Meat

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4638590-desantis-signs-bill-banning-lab-grown-meat/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill banning lab-grown meat in his state Wednesday, in what he described as an effort to “save our beef.”

“Today, Florida is fighting back against the global elite’s plan to force the world to eat meat grown in a petri dish or bugs to achieve their authoritarian goals,” DeSantis said in a press release Wednesday. “Our administration will continue to focus on investing in our local farmers and ranchers, and we will save our beef.”

The bill, S.B. 1084, makes it “unlawful” for people to “manufacture for sale, sell, hold or offer for sale, or distribute” lab-grown meat in Florida.

“Florida is taking a tremendous step in the right direction by signing first-in-the-nation legislation banning lab-grown meat,” Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Wilton Simpson (R) said in the press release.

“We must protect our incredible farmers and the integrity of American agriculture. Lab-grown meat is a disgraceful attempt to undermine our proud traditions and prosperity, and is in direct opposition to authentic agriculture,” Simpson continued.

Good Meat, which describes itself on its website as “the first company in the world to sell cultivated meat,” said it was “disappointed” that DeSantis “signed into law the criminalization of cultivated meat in” the Sunshine State.

“In a state that purportedly prides itself on being a land of freedom and individual liberty, its government is now telling consumers what meat they can or cannot purchase,” Good Meat said in a post on the social platform X.

“The law is a setback for everyone: Floridians who deserve the right to eat whatever safe and approved meat they want; Florida’s technology sector, innovators and entrepreneurs; and all those working to stop the worst impacts of climate change,” the post continues.
>>
So this luddite is just going to hand this entire industry to China?
>>
>>1292440
>So this luddite is just going to hand this entire industry to China?
China doesn't need fake lab-grown meat, they'll just eat the dogs, bats and dragonflies they can find in the wild. They don't even need convincing to eat the bugs, they're just hungry enough to do it.
>>
>>1292440
Don't eat that chyyNa beef.
Those cows aint vegetarians!
>>
>>1292445
Get a load of the China expert over here
>>
Ron is right, after all there's always Soylent Green to fall back to once we deplete the traditional meat supply.
>>
>>1292458
If they're willing to dig old chili oil out of the trash cans and sewers and serve it to people, there's literally nothing the chinks won't eat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04&ab_channel=RadioFreeAsia
>>
>>1292423
Why do Republicans like picking winners and losers so much?
>>
>>1292470
It's incidental to their endless outrage-bait culture war strategy, a pivotal part of acquiring votes in spite of their track record.
>>
>>1292470
>>1292472
Poorly executed samefaggotry attacking a strawman.
Good job, faggot. Can you sudoku now?
>>
>>1292468
There are people in America who eat roadkill, but that doesn't mean all Americans eat roadkill. The same applies to Chinese people and gutter oil.
>>
>>1292509
Double up on your schizo meds today, you need them.
>>
>>1292510
>The same applies to Chinese people and gutter oil.
I don't think so, bro. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single restaurant in America that serves roadkill, and yet I've seen video after video of Chinese restaurant workers dipping into trash cans to 'recover' their used oil.
>>
>>1292509
> Me? Disagreeing with two people? Impossibru, has to be samefags.
>>
>>1292513
Ahh so you're not American and you've never been to a Chipotle. That figures.
>>
>>1292519
What you do is obvious, cripple.
>>
>>1292528
Right. Imagining insidious plots against you is on brand for culture warriors, isn't it.
>>
>>1292529
Define "culture warriors".
>>
>>1292532
Look in the mirror
>>
>>1292550
>Can't define it
So it means nothing. Got it.
>>
>>1292551
Ok culture warrior
>>
>>1292551
>> Look in the mirror
> So it means nothing. Got it.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You matter.
>>
>>1292458
China has a Stategic Pork Reserve. They don't need lab grown meat, but I'm sure they'll sell it to fat Americans.
>>
>>1292567
>China has a Stategic Pork Reserve
Wow... how do they store it?
>>
>>1292571
Strategically.
>>
>>1292571
Vertically.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/08/business/china-pork-farms.html
>>
>>1292554
>>1292552
Still waiting for that definition, homos.
>>
>>1292666
What made you this retarded? Was it environmental conditions or a congenital defect? If you don't understand what the adults are saying look up the definitions on your own time. We don't exist to educate you.
>>
>>1292674
You don't even know what it is. That's a weird thing to object to something you can't even define.
>>
>>1292675
Your headcanon isn't real.
>>
>>1292730
The fact that you don't know what it is is entirely obvious.
You've just found a cute little buzzword to be mad at.
>>
>>1292774
Everyone else knows what it is except you, which is why you keep asking for common definitions every one else learned a long time ago. The point is no one here has to prove it to you for it to be real.
>>
>>1292828
I don't think anyone does know what your buzzword means. It's simply a buzzword you use to express dissatisfaction.
>Everything I don't like is culture war!!!
But you can't even say what it is you don't like or what constitutes a culture war. Perhaps you should go reconcile your beliefs then come back.
>>
>>1292834
You're just mad because the definition correctly includes you and your ilk.
>>
>>1292835
What's the definition?
>>
>>1292837
>>1292828
>>
>>1292844
So it's some intangible thing. Got it.
>>
>>1292897
> You still haven't defined a common concept I refuse to look up, sir. Your argument is invalid until you chew what I requested, then gently regurgitate it into my own mouth.
>>
>>1292931
It's called sea-lioning and he does it every single time.
>>
>>1292931
That's right, you can't explain it. You're just angry at it. It's nuts.
>>
>>1292934
It's not sealioning, dumbfuck.
>>
>>1292937
>NO U
yawn
>>
>>1292937
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wokescold

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sealion

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gaslight

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.