[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: overgrown_city.jpg (307 KB, 1600x897)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Tags: cybernetic, high fantasy, post-apocalyptic, adventuring, improvisation, trains, civ
Oneshot probably.
>>
I just don't like the term "kitchen sink"

You are the newly elected immortally augmented human leader of a settlement of 100 sapient beings belonging to various races. Ever since the Catastrophic Event about the nature of which only legends remain, you have survived in the wilderness in small groups, most of the technology lost, until finally banding together in an abandoned city of rusted metal and broken glass ruined by forces of nature and reclaimed by both its children and other groups. You must now rise and revive the civilization that has departed from this land.

You lay claim to merely a single district in the greater city. You have a train station available to you with a single magitek train in no condition to travel the railways, but available for repair, provided sufficient parts are collected. The hydroponics farms keep you fed, and the water from the river keeps your thirst at bay. You possess a modest cache of tools, both simple and advanced, and primitive, pre-modern weaponry with a couple machine guns and limited ammunition for them in case of especially strong enemies. In one of the border streets between you and the other powers in the area there is a derelict mech the size of a tank in similar condition to the train, but nobody has laid claim to it yet.

Speaking about other powers, there is an armed trading outpost in the river port downriver, to the southeast, from which you get most of the materials and tools for your construction and manufacturing. You exchange part of the food for them. The locals you encountered in your scouting operations call them simply the "Port Traders".

To the northeast, there is a group of people that occupy the labs. They are few in number, around your size, but they control some high tech weaponry like napalm and railguns (your scouts have seen these used against the orcs to the north) and are vehemently against sharing it with anyone else. They have some elaborate name they thought up for themselves, but the locals call them simply the "Labrats".
>>
To the north, a moderate distance from both the border of the city and your own position, an orc warcamp is set up, raiding the neighbouring area for loot and slaves once in a few years. According to info from the Port Traders, they sit on a manufacturing zone, but they seem to squander these resources, instead partaking in idle revelry and honing their war skills in equal parts. They are ruled by strength and could probably be subjugated or convinced to cooperate with a show of force, but you should be careful when dealing with them lest a retaliation takes place. Either way, preventing their raids is one of the many things on your agenda.

To the west, a large district of the city is occupied by religious fanatics of some sort. They've sent missionaries to you in hopes of converting you to their faith, and ever since they've tried using hypnosis to brainwash the negotiators that met them you've only greeted them with the tips of your spears. They seem to scout you out in increasingly larger armed groups. Something has to be done about them soon. They are called "The Fanatics" by the locals.

To the southwest, across the river, is a group of survivors much like your own. You send traders with food to them in exchange for some rare expendable magical items. They don't say where they get them. The locals call them the "Artificers".

To the south, across the river again, is a zone where a single necromancer lives with his army of corpses. He's offered to outsource some of the manual labour to his undead in exchange for future favours but your group has, so far, carefully declined his deals.

To the south-southeast, along the river on the other side, is a dangerous zone where various titanic beasts reside in the ruins of the city. Hunters from the Port Traders and other groups beyond the zone sometimes venture inside to hunt them and bring back valuable materials, but success of these operations is uncertain.

Your people are skilled and surely capable of ascending to power over the area. The mood in your group is good, with hope in the new leader (you) high. Your harem of a slimegirl and a succubus also cheers you on.

What is your first decree? And what is your name?
>Write-in name

First action:
>Write-in
Some ideas:
>focus on growing food and trading it for materials and tools with the Port Traders in the coming year to repair and claim the mech
>team up with the necromancer to beat the orcs
>trade more food with the Artificers to deepen your relations
etc.

There will be random events in the future.
>>
>>5993283
Immortal Cyborg first decree is "Fuck Taxes"

Those who work must eat expand the hydroponics. Consult with the tech savvy peoples what would be better to restore the train or the mech. If the train is fixed what routes would be open before further investment into the rails is required? Send scouts to inspect the rails.
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (33 KB, 680x763)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>mfw my quest caused the 4chan front page to go down for several hours
Absolute win. They couldn't handle the slimegirl-succubus harem.
Either way,
>>5993415
Seems like you're the only one, my friend. Update pending...
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5993415
>expand hydroponics
>consult tech people for repairs
>scout rails
>fuck taxes
You ask your group's tech masters, Barmat the dwarf and Shimon the human, what you should repair first: the mech or the train.

"Ah, depends on what we want first: firepower or travel." Barmat says. "The mech's weapons are preserved - they were build to last - but the topological programming system and other electronics are busted. One leg's bad too. If we want to repair it, we'd need the Traders to ask their friends for parts, and some ammunition and fuel too. For all this trouble, we'd get a jumbo-sized firing hulk that'd protect us no problem against both the Orcs and the Fanatics - for now, at least. The Labrats may have the upper hand still."

"The train is a bigger project." Shimon continues for his colleague. "We don't really know if the Traders would even be able to procure the parts for it - thing is, the main engine is in disrepair, and would need a lot of parts, including some fairly specialized ones. Perhaps we'd have more luck manufacturing them ourselves if we had access to some industrial powers. We'd need to get some deals from the Artificers too. I don't know the travelling distance for after we repair it, you'd have to ask the Traders for that - their info reach is far greater than ours. If it's decent, we'd have a powerful travelling and transportation tool, not to mention the possibility of arming it..."

Regarding the state of the rails, your scouts report they were built to last, and remain in fairly good condition from your settlement up until the territories of the Fanatics and the Orcs. Your scouts didn't dare investigate further than these due to danger from these groups. Asking the Traders for info, you receive the response that according to them, the rails run along the river in decent state for a hundred or so kilometers - they usually don't go any further and only have rumours after that. They also express interest in the idea of a train at mutual disposal should it be restored, but you didn't inquire what they meant at the time, departing with the info they gave you.

There are, unfortunately, no taxes to fuck, your group existing on a small commune-like basis for now. In the future though... minimal taxation is, perhaps, indeed the way to go.

Over the next few months, you purchase construction materials from the Traders to expand the hydroponics. They are both the source of your food and the main trading resource - as such, it seems reasonable to capitalize on it as much as possible.

Time passes...
Rolling for random event
1 - Fanatics attack
2 - Orc raid
3 - There's chemicals in the water
4 - Nuclear magic rift opens
5 - Travelling superhuman appears
6 - Necromancer asks for help
7 - River monster dies on your territory
8 - Special deal with the Artificers
9 - Special deal with the Port Traders
10 - Magical user trains
>>
>>5993933
Forgot quick sketch of the MECH. It is low-quality but I hope you like it and it is informative regarding its construction.

Also writing the event now...
>>
>>5993933
The patrols report sighting a group of several dozen people approaching from the Fanatics' territory. Immediately, you mobilize everyone that is of use in a fight and go to meet them.

"...AND IF YOU REFUSE THE HOLY WORD OF THE PATRIARCHS THEN WE WILL BE FORCED TO CONVERT YOU WITH FORCE!" you arrive as the fanatic warband leader finishes his speech. They are not advancing with lethal intent yet; the initiative is on your side.

"They've been babbling about their god and how we would be happier if we accepted their faith for the past ten minutes." one of the border guards reports.

The fanatics are armed with simple weaponry and some armour, but they're numerous. You consider using the machine guns to repel them. This would, however, deplete the precious ammunition... if a single burst of fire won't be able to scare them away outright.
>Use the machine guns
>Use conventional weaponry

The fanatics are approaching through a medium-sized street. You have barricades which can inconvenience their advancement. However, it is evening, and the sun is blasting your eyes - the fanatics chose an advantageous time to attack and your sharpshooters have trouble detecting their targets. If you have any tactics you wish to use, feel free to mention them. By default, you will pepper their mass with some arrows or bullets, depending on if you use the machine guns, and if they break through to you, you will use melee weapons to push them back as they climb the barricades.
>Default tactics
>Write-in
>>
>So many words
>For such shitty quest
I wasn't expecting anything, and still got disappointed. Genuinely surprised
>>
>>5993966
>>5993942
Good sketch.

>Use the machine guns
>Use conventional weaponry

Use conventional weapons unless a group 3 or more gets close to the barricades open fire with machine guns.
>>
>>5994066
Supporting

>>5994026
Maybe find a different hobby.
>>
>>5994026
Fag, kitchen sink is kino.

>>5994066
I'll agree with this, pending a better idea.
>>
>>5994472
Kitchen sink IS kino
This quest is just scheisse
>>
>>5994026
>>5994503
Well, anon, don't leave me hanging, tell me what's shit about this quest so I can improve.
>>5994066
>Good sketch.
Thanks.
>>5994463
>>5994472
>Use conventional weapons unless a group 3 or more gets close to the barricades open fire with machine guns.

Roll 1d100 Bo3, higher is better.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>5994951
>>
Rolled 29, 9 = 38 (2d100)

>>5994951
>>5994966
I'll roll the rest.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>5994951
Not those anons, but as a general rule it's better to focus on what's important than to infodump. Brevity is the soul of wit and all that jazz. If people need more information to make their decision, they usually know to ask. Also making things too detailed will lock those details down, limiting where the story can go for no apparent gain.
>>
>>5995063
Mmm, I understand that much, but I tried giving only essential info in past quests and anons complained about lack of information for decision-making. Perhaps I'm just giving the wrong details or going into extremes...

Also I think in the initial post at least, I gave important information: what's the basic premise, what resources are at your disposal and who's around you. You think it could be cut down? If you wish to explain, we could probably continue this talk in the /qtg/ so as not to clutter the thread. Or not. Your choice.
>>
>>5995080
Complaining is good, it means they are involved. All the non-essential info is flavour text, and flavour text should have, well, flavour. Telling about orcs in the distant north seems silly when we don't know so little about the group we call our own. Imho something along the lines of "there are other groups around the city, some more hostile than others" would have been enough info about them for now until it becomes a pressing matter.
>>
>>5995080
At some point you have to blame the players. I think a huge part of the problem is anonymous trolls that ghost after 2-3 posts. An example of this a civ quest that is still up 3 players voted for different races/locations. QM rolled for the 3-way tie Big Mama Bugmen won. The person who voted bugmen didn't last 3 posts.

I've seen civ threads last with one dedicated player for a whole page. Democracy only works with an informed population. If you make your players have custom IDs to vote you can track the players that stick around and care about your efforts. You could give those players more weight in the votes and ask them to critics.
>>
Sorry for the late post, got distracted by some stuff.
>>5994966
>>5995053
>42 but bonus from machine gun usage
The fanatics start their charge once the first volley of your arrows is fired, shrill warcries resounding through the street, with some staying back to use bows and crossbows of their own. The machine gunners hold off from firing, letting the enemy get close. While this does allow them to take better aim and the effects of the sun are partly negated, it also forces them to rotate their guns more to hit their targets. The blades and speartips make the sun rays dance all around, almost as if the battle is done not with steel, but with lightsabers.

Not many fanatics make it to the barricades, and in spite of your poor performance with both ranged and melee weaponry, you manage to push them back and take some wounded captives. You take 5 casualties from some lucky arrows, but these pale in comparison with the number of cultists' corpses littering the battlefield.

One of the machine gunners manages to make a particularly large number of kills, his short bursts landing with extreme precision.
"Good work, Atun." you tell him after the battle is over.
"Bloody work is never good." the minotaur replies. "If only teaching a replacement was easy..."
You smile understandingly.

Taking count of the ammo expended by the machine guns, you find that only one has enough remaining for any significant use in battle.

The non-combatants greet your return with relief. The captured fanatics, 10 in number, are interrogated quickly for details regarding their positions and power, and the results are fairly concerning. The cultists are spread thin, but growing in power every week. While their common folk appear brainwashed and loyal to their faction, they are, at least, susceptible to fear, as signified by their response to torture during your interrogation and escape of some in the battle. They don't miss the chance to curse you all and lapse into chants at any opportune moment, however - nothing a punch in the gut can't fix.

The fanatics capture their new recruits through subterfuge and magic. They number in the thousands, follow a monotheistic faith of The Light, and are headed by a council of elders called the Patriarchs which hold absolute authority over the masses. Some aspects of their religion are strange, like sacrifices in boiling water...

Tiredness washing over you after a tough few days, you welcome the soothing company of your wives.

(1/2)
>>
>>5995274
You've still not received the new harvest since the past hydroponics expansion effort, so trade options remain limited. Since that time, 15 more people have found their way to your settlement, joining the survivors you command, bringing the total to 110. With the attack over, you once again have time for projects of your own.
>As always, write-in
>Sell the captive fanatics as slaves to [write-in]
>Infiltrate the Labrats to steal tech
>Train your warriors to be more effective
>Trade for some less powerful/useful items [what kind?] with the Artificers/Port Traders
>>
>>5995275
>gag and tie up the cultists hands, tattoo FUCK TAXES into their foreheads with permanent ink and send them off into neighboring colonies as a warning. This should instill fear into them, preventing further attacks.
>Grand library opening: Declare new initiative: All knowledge, old and new, should be deposited into your halls and studied by your scholars. Offer bounty for books and other nerd shit. Knowledge is power, all knowledge is all power.
>>
>>5995275
Sell the captives off to the Port Traders for welders.

Weld together caltrops we could deploy them when the enemy reaches the barricades. Make more than enough to cover the barriers.

Invite the Artificers over to have a look at the mag train. Propose we could co-own the train if they help us fix it. Or maybe they would like to buy.
>>
>>5995336
Supporting

>>5995330
Ay yo my nigga chill man wes need cold hard goods for dem niggas in the pens. Dheys just let go we look soft likes a calf.
>>
>>5995422
NO TAXES
NO COMPROMISES
ALL KNOWLEDGE
>>
File: bad_at_math.jpg (61 KB, 800x450)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Only writing now due to reasons, update should be out soon.

>>5995106
I see... though I'm not sure I agree. With no specific info about the location, number or power of the groups, there's no telling how much you, the players, should prepare for them. No info about their nature - and you can't think of the more subtle ways of handling them. I guess I didn't provide much of either though... I'll see how I can cut down on the clutter in the future. However, as you see in the previous post, it is kinda hard lol. ARGH, m-must... infodump...
>>5995192
No no, I think back then the player complaints were justified. If anything, it is now that I may disagree with the other anon. Also the custom ID (trip) thing discourages newcomers I think. What's the point of participating for people joining later in the quest if you're probably going to be outvoted by the big names that have been there since the beginning? It only really works for popular quests with like 7+ voters. Though I'm not against the use of trips as a whole: they could be used voluntarily to identify regulars whose presence may encourage the QM even if no additional power is given or counter the changing IDs without backlinking. Either way, I'm running a oneshot here, so all of these don't really matter.

Honestly, my thoughts are chaotic on the manner, I will now get to actually writing the update lol.
>>
File: futuristic_library.jpg (510 KB, 2560x1694)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Rolled 4 (1d13)

>>5995330
>>5995336
>>5995422
>Grand library opening: Declare new initiative: All knowledge, old and new, should be deposited into your halls and studied by your scholars. Offer bounty for books and other nerd shit. Knowledge is power, all knowledge is all power.
>Sell the captives off to the Port Traders for welders.
>Weld together caltrops we could deploy them when the enemy reaches the barricades. Make more than enough to cover the barriers.
>Invite the Artificers over to have a look at the mag train. Propose we could co-own the train if they help us fix it. Or maybe they would like to buy.

You decree that a building be dedicated to a library. It isn't grand by any means, the foundation being the books your people themselves have gathered since you banded together, but the collection is quite useful for teaching basic skills to all survivors. The oddity of seeing electronic storage devices neighbouring paper tomes doesn't quite leave you yet. You begin buying up books from Port Traders and Artificers as well. They don't cost much, unless it's some powerful magic tome, and yet they slowly build up your repository of knowledge.

The captives net you quite a bit of coin which you use to hire welders for your project. A couple weeks of scrap collection and welding later you've got yourselves a stockpile of caltrops to impede the advancement of your enemies.

The Artificers express mild interest in the train. While it is far-reaching, the Artificers themselves don't have direct access to rails, so it is of limited use to them. You bring up the possibility of co-owning it and you being the link to the northeast for them, a proposal they greet with interest. Their delegation and technical experts say they mostly deal in rare items, so they may provide the great steam elemental core for the train, but the rest of the mostly industrial parts you'll have to obtain yourselves. For the core, they ask to give them a month or two until they find it.

Perhaps this partnership will open the door for future deals and eventual unification under one flag.

(Reminder: choose a name for the faction and its leader please, it is important. Immortal Cyborg isn't really a name.)

Time passes...
Rolling for random event:
1 - Fanatic Crusaders attack
2 - Orc raid
3 - There's chemicals in the water
4 - Nuclear magic rift opens
5 - Travelling superhuman appears
6 - Necromancer asks for help
7 - River monster dies on your territory
8, 9 - Special deal with the Port Traders
10, 11 - Special deal with the Artificers
12 - Legendary book obtained
13 - Magical user trains
>>
>>5996204
WE SHALL BE KNOWN... IMMORTAN SYBROG
>>
>>5996204
>Nuclear magic rift opens

One day, you receive reports of a magical explosion in the territory you control. Heading out to investigate, you find a rift in reality the size of a medium truck. Lightning crackling in the air, it emits an unseen, but nevertheless harmful force - you feel a bit sick just being near it, and this sickness does not go away when you return to the main settlement. On the other side of the rift you remember glimpsing a strange realm with irradiated, twisted nature, the eyes of a couple wild beasts lurking in the shadows, observing, but not invading your land yet.

The Port Traders and the Artificers send their men to investigate and check up on you as well - their sensors picked up disturbances in the area. When you share the details with them, they offer contrasting solutions: The Traders wish to close the rift as soon as possible, arguing that horrible mutations may take place if it is left unchecked. The Aritificers are more greedy and offer to help harvest its energies in a lengthier operation - in exchange for half of the harvested mana-fuel.

Still yet, there are a couple daredevils of your own that wish to mount an expedition to venture inside, regardless of the dangers involved... The other factions did say the rift will maintain itself for a month or so unless closed, but who knows what waits on the other side...
>Close the rift quickly to prevent further harm
>Harvest the rift's energies at risk of some men's deaths or mutations
>Mount an expedition into the rift to investigate what lay on the other side
>>
>>5996286
Kek, yeah, let's call ourselves Immortan Sybrog.

>>5996298
>Harvest the rift's energies at risk of some men's deaths or mutations
Getting better relations with the Artificers will only help us in the long run.
>>
>>5996298

Health is wealth and we are very underequipped to deal with radiation. Guarding the rift 24/7 would take a lot of manpower.

Fraction name The Free Conductors
Leader name Ramza the Unplugged
>>
>>5996351
+1 to both. Immortan Sybrog.

Also, op, I like the heavy detail. It's really given me a vivid image of the world.
>>
>>5996298
>>Close the rift quickly to prevent further harm
I'd side with the Artificers if they can help us deal with the radiation.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5996286
>>5996351
>>5996397
>>5996550
>>5996580
I actually like this name. Henceforth, you shall be known as IMMORTAN SYBROG. And since no other suggestions came in, your people will be The Free Conductors (basically train operators).

Rolling to break the tie.
1 - Close the rift quickly to prevent further harm
2 - Harvest the rift's energies at risk of some men's deaths or mutations
>>
>>5997030

The mages the Traders offered arrive within the day. The Artificers help out too, grudgingly accepting your decision to close the rift as soon as possible and providing materials for the ritual. The sorcerors chant incantations and direct power to catalysts which transform it into magic healing the reality, and gradually, the rift is closed. Your technicians wind down the magitek mechanisms and exhale with relief as the operation finishes.

As a gift of goodwill and sign of cooperation, the Traders offer you a book on the creation of stable rifts to far-away lands. With this, and 5 people left moderately ill for some time even with such resolution speed, the incident ends.

You find your slimegirl wife in her room, watering the vines falling from her windows.

"Latatta." you call her name.
"Hello, Syb." she doesn't turn from the plants, carefully pouring the water into the pots. "Did the ritual go well?"
"Yes." you say hesitantly. "Though some have fallen ill anyway."
Latatta finishes her work and puts down the watering can. Her wet skin glistens with secreted water as well. It always struck you odd how she secretes so much of it and still uses the clean kind to water the plants.
"What bothers you, love?" she approaches you and takes your face in her hands, directing your gaze at herself. The cool, wet touch of her palms against augmented metal is refreshing.
"...The fanatics. Ever since the attack, I worry they may strike again at any moment. They're powerful, and we're weak. Not to mention the brainwashing of their populace."
"Perhaps the brainwashing could be reverted?" Latatta asks. "Magic and magitek are wondrous tools not only for the body, but for the mind as well."
"Perhaps. Either way, I don't really want to discuss it now. I've had enough of admin problems for the day." You say, pulling her close and kissing the slimegirl.

You make passionate love to her that night.

(I don't think it's too hot for this board but just to be safe I put a part of the update in the file lol it is not necessary for understanding the update, just some lore and eroticism)
https://files.catbox.moe/hn2ep3.txt

Over time, more people hear of your resistance to the fanatics and library. Some flock to your banner. 20 more people of various races join your group, bringing the total number to 130.

With some months passing, the greater harvest from the expanded hydroponics farms is obtained. New trade deals open up, new projects becoming available. And the first snow this year is soon to fall...
What do you focus on in the nearest time?
>Write-in
>Purchase parts and repair the mech
>Train warriors
>Hire specialists from the Port Traders and/or Artificers to train your mages
>Trade for [write-in] with Port Traders/Artificers
>>
>>5997087
>>
>>5997087

Focus on restoring the mobility. We could use it to tow a trailer making scavenging less backbreaking. The missile system is expensive to maintain, and missiles purchased could have duds.

>Train warriors
Have Atun scout volunteers for the militia. Practice our arrow volleys over the barricades and deploying the caltrops quickly.

Trade for some medicine to help purge those sick with radiation with the Port Traders.

Next time we capture enemy combatants don't ruff em up. Some cultists are sane enough to surrender then die for their cause. Some could be redeemable.
>>
>>5997176
+1 to these suggestions.
We need armaments. Peace with the friendly groups is only so long as they feel it's not in their interested to dominate us, and we already have a fantatic problem.
>>
>>5997176
Supporting
>>
Sorry for the late post, chaotic thoughts and distractions throughout the day
>>5997097
>>5997176
>>5997385
>>5997649
>Focus on restoring mech mobility
>Train warriors (involve Atun)
>Trade for radiation medicine
>Future directive: careful treatment of captives

Agreements are reached, hands are shaken, and a couple of months after your request, the Port Traders deliver the necessary parts for mech repair. Its leg is attached back, the electronics are brought back into operation, the fuel tanks are refilled. Finally, after a few days of work, Barmat reports the machine is "in tip-top shape now".

It takes a bit of experimentation to figure out the full controls, but it is moving now, piloted by Venice, a dark elf girl who is the only one with prior experience in mech driving.

Shimon, the human engineer, proposes an interesting idea.
"The mech's main leg attachment points are wide enough for some more construction. With some creative engineering, we could probably attach movable arms to it... I talked it over with Barmat and the junior techs, they don't mind, but it'll cost us."
You promise to consider this proposal.

With the rest of the food surplus, you buy some radiation medication. It won't cure the affected completely, but at least they'll be on their feet and ready to work some jobs in a few months.

Atun reluctantly abides by your request.
"I am no sharpshooter with the bow - my speciality is more with guns... but I'll try my best with training recruits."

The training is carried out over a couple winter months. The biting cold discourages the militia somewhat, but it is necessary to always be ready for an attack. The drills yield results, with your forces becoming more disciplined and precise.

And not a moment too soon, for on a cold, dark winter morning a stranger arrives from distant lands and requests an emergency meeting with you.
>>
>>5998432
He is a haggard man frequently narrowing his eyes, as if he doesn't see well. The heavy coat draped around him is rugged and well-worn.

"My name is Sybar. I bear ill news." he says. "I come from a few hundred kilometers to the east, not far from the southern sea. My people lived peacefully, but a great threat came about in recent years. Hordes of ravagers - thousands, if not tens of thousands of rampaging owlmen have swept across the land. I travel west in the hopes I can outrun them and they lose their steam before they reach me - I would advise you to do the same, their hosts leave nothing but ruins in their wake. If you stay and fight, you better build your walls so high they'll think it's more trouble than worth to attack you. The refugees should be coming soon as well - perhaps they'll be of some use to you. Their technology varies from host to host from what I've heard - some are cybernetic elites few in number, others rely on numbers and brute strength to storm strongholds. Either way, this warning is all I wanted to deliver."
You nod.
"Thank you. If you wish to go west, better go through the river." you say, warning him in turn. "There are brainwashing fanatics to the west and raiding orcs to the north."
"My thanks."

The news is certainly disturbing. You do not know precisely how much time you have before the arrival of the horde, but if it is true, it is best to forge alliances and prepare. Checking with your contacts in the Port Traders and Artificers, you find out they know the news and are currently discussing what to do.

The great steam elemental core for the train finally arrives from the Artificers, but the advanced magimechanical parts need to be manufactured still.
>Write-in
>Request a meeting with the orc chieftain to discuss the threat
>Discuss cooperation against the new threat with the necromancer
>Coordinate an attack on the orc warcamp with [write-in] to take over the industrial area and begin producing parts for the train
>Build walls
>>
>>5998433

>Write-in
The Necromancer is, well, kinda friendly. Go and ask him for some help and some spare disposable guys.

With those spare zombies, walk up to the Orc stronghold in the mech, with our most intimidating soldiers - destroy a ruin nearby and mow down the disposable zombies: Make a show of strength. Then DEMAND a meeting with the Orc cheiftan.

If they're as powerful as the travller says, with such varied tech - walls are a gamble at best, a waste of time at worst.
>>
>>5998433
Trade with the Port Traders for some warm clothes for those who operate outside. Building walls makes our settlement harder to raid and could serve as advertisement for refugees. Making ourselves siege-resistant is important and our hydroponics already give us a big boost. Slap a hitch on that mech and scavenge/build a trailer to help with the walls. Discuss with the Artificers if we could potentially use the steam core for building a weapon for anti-air. We could buy a second steam core from them and give them an IOU, for tweaking our deal. They don't have to accept.

My guess is the owlmen will be a problem by spring hopefully they mess with the Labrats. Protecting ourselves from falling rocks is gonna be fun.
>>
>>5998658
The necromancer could come to us giving us more bargaining power to make an agreement. I support looking strong when requesting a meeting with chieftain.

>>5998889
Support.

Using the steam core for a weapon sounds cool but I don't think we have the equipment to make a combat stable steam gun. Still can brainstorm ideas for the core.
>>
(Should've probably extended the update with this)
>>5998658
>>5998889
>>5999342
>woofhound's plan to impress the orcs (delayed)
>build walls (delayed)
>implement anti-air system with another steam core

"How much time do you think we have until the owlmen arrive?" you ask Sybar.
"They should be here in summer." he says.
"Can they fly, being birdmen and all?"
"Not that I'm aware. I've seen a few squads of them back when they attacked my city, and they stayed on the ground. Their wing-arms didn't look powerful enough to lift them up."

You begin negotiating with the Artificers to purchase another steam core and consulting with them for anti-air weaponry, but they come forth to you with another idea.

With you having promised to co-own the train, they request that your factions unite, repair the train and head west along the rails. There is the risk of stumbling upon railways in disrepair, but if the Port Traders' words are true, then the rails are still fine for a long way forward. If you refuse, they propose to buy the train outright for a collection of magical artifacts, including weaponry. You promise to consider their proposal.

The same day, the Port Traders send a delegation. They are planning to call a council of other factions from all around the city, including those from the outskirts that you don't interact with often: The Stronghold-Builders of the northeast, the Amazons of the north and the Monster Hunters of the southeast, beyond the zone where dangerous beasts dwell. Invitation of the Fanatics and Orcs is discussed as well. The Traders want to coordinate their efforts in the construction of a single walled city core where they may weather the storm and resist the attacks of the owlmen together.

It seems you have a choice to make. You'll carry out the plan of impressing the orcs either way, in which you are pretty confident, but for what purpose you'll use the manufacturing capacity is to be decided.
>Go with the Artificers' proposal and manufacture parts for the train.
>Go with the Port Traders and begin forging alliances to coordinate defence.
>Write-in
>>
>>5999352
>>Go with the Port Traders and begin forging alliances to coordinate defense.

Accept the Artificers deal to purchase the train. "Hermes' blessings my friends. We'll slow them down for you."
>>
>>5999424
+1. If the rails are fine, we can always improvise a train down the line. Making allies is our best shot, but we need to ensure we're always self-reliant and can defend ourselves capably.
>>
>>5999424
Supporting
>>
No update today anons, not ded.
>>
Sorry for the late update, delayed it until night for retarded reasons.
>>5999424
>>5999880
>>6000035
>Go with the Port Traders and begin forging alliances to coordinate defense.
>Sell the train
>woofhound's plan to impress the orcs
>Implement anti-air system with another steam core

You agree to the Artificers' offer of purchasing the train.
"It's not repaired yet though, and would need manufactured parts." you warn their leaders before setting the deal in stone. "And since we're staying we'll need all the manufacturing power from the northern sector for our preparation."
"..." the leaders of the Artificers glance between themselves for a while, troubled. "We'll figure something out. Our trade network is far-reaching, and our witch-engineers can certainly invent some creative solutions."
"Then it is settled."

The Artificers become a common sight in your settlement after this. Preparing for departure, they tweak and tinker with the train, slowly, but surely getting it in working order. The collection of magical goods they promised you is good. There's potions enhancing drinker's physical abilities, granting them night vision, invisibility, toxic resistance and whatnot - a decent stockpile for each purpose. The other expendable items are scrolls containing spells, some quite devastating, like fire wall. There's a set of rare materials like phoenix feathers, dragon scales, basilisk venom, unicorn tears and others that may be used in the crafting of magical artifacts and rituals. The artifacts themselves are an assortment of both more technical stuff like spiritual focuses and conduits and regular weaponry like wands enhancing spellcasting ability, enchanted blades and ammunition causing various effects upon hits and of course MAGIC GUNS, there's two dozen rifles which shoot magic missiles if charged with mana.

You inform the Traders' leader, Arthur, of your pledge to the cause of resistance. The old warrior smiles as he hears that.
"That's good. The Fanatics promised to attend the council - now to make the Orcs join as well..."
"I think I may know a way."
>>
File: orc_leader.jpg (684 KB, 3536x1992)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>6001624
>since woofhound's write-in is good, no roll required for this one

You finish preparing the orc plan - the necromancer agreed to give you 30 living dead - and put it into action. Your squad marches up to the orc territory and stops. The orcs soon congregate on the other side of the street, yelling war chants and preparing to attack. That's when you mow down the dead in a matter of seconds with the rest of the machine gun ammunition. The orcs calm down a little, yet still remain agitated. That mood is put to an end as your mech, stocked with ammo provided by the Port Traders, lets loose a barrage of missiles at a nearby ruin. After the explosion, silence reigns.
"We will meet your leader now." you declare. "Lead the way."

They follow your command, no questions asked.

The orc leader is a mountain of an orc, sitting in a hall surrounded by beauties of many races and loot from the raids. His burning gaze rests on you as he relaxes on the throne.
"So you bold enough to go into our warcamp." he breaks the silence. "I respect that. My name is Mordur. Speak your name and what you want."
"I am Immortan Sybrog." you say. "We have received bad news in the past month. A horde of ravaging owlmen is approaching from the east, and the city is banding together to defeat them. My offer is an alliance to counter this threat."
"Hmm... Orcs can beat owlmen ourselves. No need help from you."
"Is that so? The messengers reported them burning down hundreds of villages and their hordes numbering in tens of thousands." you decide to embellish the numbers a little. The orc chieftain considers this information for a solid minute.
"If it true... then we help you. But if you lie and there no owlmen... you know what happens." Mordur frowns.
You shake hands. The orcs will show up to the council.

The cohesion of the council itself, however... leaves a lot to be desired. The Patriarch that attends it continues to push his agenda of "enlightening" the other factions' members, the Amazon leader seems reluctant to let her people come into contact with men and The Labrats are paranoid about others stealing their tech. That's all not mentioning the differences between the people of the factions themselves, and everyone being suspicious of the necromancer's hordes...

Perhaps there is something that can be done to assuage the fears of the faction leaders?
>Promise Amazons separate housing if the fortress is to be constructed, even if it will take more space.
>Promise the Labrats that no one but them will operate their machines and weaponry.
>Allow proselytizing for Fanatic missionaries.
>write-in
>>
>>6001626
<3 Glad my plan went well. I'll also say that I'm loving this thread so far.

>Allow proselytizing for Fanatic missionaries.
>Write-in.

I think verbally agreeing to allow it is probably a bad idea, as is outright banning them from doing it. Giving them any form of permission or allowance will make us look sympathetic to their cause (or cowardly). But outright disallowing it will cause them to split off, because they're almost certainly only here as missionaries, rather than any legitimate reason.

Maybe a middle ground is to take one for the team: Let them harass our community on the condition they leave the other groups alone. I have faith in our people to not be led astray, especially considering the fanatics attacked us, and the other leaders may approve as we're doing them a favour.

The other two, re: Amazons and Labrats get a +1 from me. Ensuring everyone works together will allow us to better weather the upcoming storm and recover from damage better once the battle is won.

(Also, have we learnt the name of the Necromancer?)
>>
>>6001626
>Promise Amazons separate housing if the fortress is to be constructed, even if it will take more space.
>Promise the Labrats that no one but them will operate their machines and weaponry.

Reasonable requests we can save space by excluding the cult. A voting block of religious extremists that were trying to destroy us a few months ago. We got refugees that want protection from the fanatics. Hard no letting them proselytize our people.
>>
>>6001809
Supporting
>>
>>6001809
Switching to this. Maybe they aren't completely brainwashed myrmidons.
>>
Shit time management and low access to pc these past few days, gonna try to stabilise the schedule back, writing now.
>>6001809
The Necromancer's name is Virgilius Crossarene.
>>6002291
>>6002638
>Accepting the most faith propagation
>Accepting others' requests
>>
>>6003474
Your diplomatic abilities prove to be the deciding factor on these matters in the council.
"Thank you." the Amazon leader, Io, expresses gratitude for your support of their separate housing. "The warriors will do their best to aid you in exchange for your kindness."
"I can only hope the extension of the walls will be made up for by the skill of the Amazons." the Stronghold Builder delegate grumbles - it has been decided that as they possess the most expertise on this matter, they will oversee the construction of fortifications.
"Fear not. We have more than enough spirit and mastery of the bow to protect you." the Amazon replies.
With this, it is settled.

Pleasing the Labrats seems to irritate the Port Traders somewhat.
"They're few in number." Arthur points out to you privately. "They can't possibly operate all the high-tech guns themselves. We'll be fighting at suboptimal power - and that may prove fatal against such an enemy."
"Let them be." you tell him. "Perhaps once the real danger sets in, they'll come around to sharing their resources."

The Fanatics accept your decision as well.

The preparation begins with the start of spring. It is decided that with your position at the centre of the city and access to hydroponics, your settlement will be the one to become a fortress of these factions. The mech you recovered and all manner of vehicles are being used in the transportation of construction materials from both within and outside the city to the construction site. The walls, first a carcass, begin filling up with iron and concrete.

Warriors and builders swap once in a while to ensure everyone that can fight is in good condition and of high enough skill to prove themselves useful in battle. Ammunition and weaponry is stockpiled from the Port Traders' contacts. An anti-air gun is fashioned out of the steam elemental core with the final guidance of the Artificers.

They soon depart on a roaring train. Some have enmity towards them for abandoning you, but are they really to blame for wanting to save their lives?..
"Hermes' blessings, my friends. We will slow them down for you." you say your parting words.
"Thank you and farewell. Perhaps we will meet again." one of their leaders says, looking out from the window of a car.

You notice some of your people becoming more friendly with the Fanatics, spending an increasing part of their time in the rooms of their adepts, some even attending worship sessions. While most regard them as schizos, they seem to bet on displaying acts of kindness to your people, whether genuine or deceptive, and thus make them more susceptible to their influence. They reject all claims of the so-called "boiling sacrifices" and seem not to conduct them in the time they reside in the settlement...
(1/2)
>>
>>6003521
In the middle of spring, refugees begin arriving in your lands. The first train bears a mass of destitute people intent to go as far as they can in their flight. They request food and water and offer trinkets and common tools and goods for your food. The expanded hydroponics can accommodate their requests, but they don't seem intent on staying.

One of the Fanatics' Patriarchs requests that they are inducted into the faith of The Light. With this, they may be recruited and prove useful in battle. This is probably not the last wave of recruits, however.
>Allow the recruitment of these refugees into the Fanatics
>Wair for others
>Write-in

The refugees report several things about the owlmen horde. Their most powerful forces have a couple tanks which they use to break their enemies' lines. These can be dealt with using the plasma guns that the Labrats have. The other threat are the cyberninjas. Not much is known about them since only a few of the refugees report living to see them, but they seem to be supersoldiers armed with cloaking devices specialized in busting open the fortifications of the enemy from the inside. The decision needs to be made whether a specialized force is to be made with elite weaponry or if you will place trust in mass tactics. The former option would place some more strain on the already thin budget of the Port Traders, who have started to exhaust their favours with their allies already. There is the possibility of training Labrats to oppose them as well.
>Write-in how to handle this problem
(2/2)
>>
File: mickey.png (13 KB, 199x199)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>5996550
>>6001809
>Also, op, I like the heavy detail. It's really given me a vivid image of the world.
>I'll also say that I'm loving this thread so far.
>mfw I'm trying to cut down on the details
Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the quest anon. Hope other anons feel the same way.
>>
>>6003522

Trade with the train people and protect them from the Patriarch. These people are free to leave or stay.

Secretly recruit a group of spies to infiltrate the Fanatics. Magic resist potions, if we have any, could help in case of mind control magic. Start vetting new refuges that to join the settlement checking for bionics. Build a metal detector or trade with the Labrats if they have one. Be on the lookout for large amounts of material that could be used for explosives. The possibility of a train being fill with explosives is a concern.

Give the Port Traders the rare materials and wands we got from the Artificers. Ask the Labrats what they want to try opening up trade and trust. Arrows can be cheap, and we have Amazons ask them to help train archers.
>>
>>6003522
Refugees:
>write-in
I've something of a cynical proposal. We, quite obviously, can't give the fanatics more soldiers. Despite current arrangements, they're an enemy.
We can't, in my opinion, provide any support to them either - resources should be expended on preparation for battle, not making their retreat better.

The refugees, however, are a valuable opportunity - so my proposal is we offer shelter for those who are tired, hungry, injured, weak... those that are a burden on the others, those that won't be missed. The catch being that they're "sheltered" with our friend Virgillius, the Necromancer. The refugees have less dead weight, we have more skeleton warriors.
This will need to be kept quiet - even those not morally opposed to this will leverage it against us.

Re: Cyberninjas.
Write-in:
Spare a small force (maybe the Fanatics or Amazons?) to act as sentinels and
internal guards - patrolling, guarding the likely ingress points like sewers or weak areas of the defenses etc. Their purpose would be entirely to seek out Cyberninjas. Or, at least, act as "coal mine canaries" - if they're found dead or don't respond to comms, it's most likely a sign of infiltrators getting in.
>>
>>6004036
Support, 007 them cultists. Maybe the Labrats have thermal detection. Also supporting woofhound's beefing up patrols.
>>
>>6004036
+1
>>
>>6004036
>>6004041
>>6004396
>>6005567
>protect refugees from the Patriarch
>infiltrate the Fanatics
>institute checkpoints and increase security
>transfer materials you got from the Artificers to Port Traders
>negotiate trade with the Labrats
>train archers with the Amazons
>anti-cyberninja patrols

It irritates the Patriarchs that you prevent them from inducting the refugees, but they do not object, as it was the original agreement that your group would be the only ones under the effect of proselytizing.

Most of the refugees leave with the train as they came, but a minority of 50 join your group as recruits. You share your surplus of consumer goods with them and they begin training and assisting in the construction of defences.

Equipped with mind magic resistance amulets, the infiltrators join the cultists' ranks. The pressure upon them is immense, with daily prayers which have to appear genuine, mind control attempts and constant scrutiny from "fellow" fanatics, but they manage to hold on to their sanity, for now.

The Port Traders appreciate the donation. They consult the council on whether they should trade some ingredients for others to get working artifacts or sell them outright for other stuff like advanced weaponry. It is decided that your alliance will wait until other information becomes available about the enemy before making a move.

You attempt negotiation with the Labrats regarding their sharing of technology, but they appear to consider it non-negotiable. Their doctrine states that the world ended due to high technology going out of control, so they made it their mission to gather as many high tech tools, weaponry and materials as they can and prevent other people from using them for ill. Your arguments that technology can be used for good is met with derision and declarations that the bad from its use outweighs the good. You consider arguing that the council may become corrupt in the future and use the tech to their own advantage, but with their cult-like loyalty to their ideals it seems foolish to try to convince them otherwise.

The Labrats seem to have only allied with you due to the existential threat that the owlmen pose to the city factions. They are willing to trade less advanced items but cybernetics and other stuff is only for members of their order, which has quite strict joining conditions and expulsion or voluntary leaving punishable by killing on sight following the departure of the traitor.

The Labrat council says they will consider leasing out some of the technology if hostages are offered for the duration of the lease to guarantee it will be given back after the owlmen invasion is over and not used to assert hegemony over their faction. The hostages will generally remain among Labrats and engage in their share of projects.
>Accept
>Reject
>Write-in
(1/?)
>>
>>6005994
The Amazons are hesitant about training men, whom they regard as unclean and only fit for child conception, but for the greater good of the resistance they agree. Their powerful, fit warrior bodies attract looks from the other factions' men, whose rare advances they softly, but firmly reject. Either way, the training goes on, and a month later, near the end of spring, you have gained a few squads of sharpshooters. Besides raising your fighting ability, these collective exercises raise cohesion in your forces.

Anti-cyberninja patrols are created with Monster Hunters due to the group being adept at dealing with extraordinary enemies.

In the beginning of summer, a new wave of refugees arrives on train, by horse and by car. They seem more well-equipped than the former ones, and one thing about them that makes them interesting is the extent of their modifications. Nearly all of them are cyborgs with superhuman physical capabilities, some even with weaponry modifications installed. They number in about 200, but they are a formidable force in their own right.

When asked whether they are willing to stay and help resist, they say they are seriously considering this proposal due to the power of your fortress, but they'd need to make sure a stable source of rare immunosuppressants that make it possible for them to retain their modifications is available. They have a stockpile for now which they replenish wherever they can, and indeed, they trade some of their goods and weaponry for yours, which you possess through scavenging and whatnot, but to stay in one place they will need a stable source. The Port Traders say they heard of one such source from the south, near the sea, but they are so expensive that it would require them to exhaust the remaining funds and favours to get them, so you wouldn't be able to conduct large-scale trade in preparation unless you sell something significant.
>Accept the cyborgs' proposal and open trade with the Port Traders' southern contacts.
>Reject their alliance.
(2/?)
>>
>>6005996
There will probably be one final wave of refugees arriving just before the start of the invasion.

The cyborgs offer information regardless of your decision to accept them or send them on their way. They report that the owlmen possess some long-range artillery in one of their hosts. This makes things complicated. Four options to deal with it come to mind.

The Labrats have cloaking devices which can be used to conduct deep operations behind enemy lines with special forces, but as always, they refuse to share them. If their faction is made responsible for this field as well, they will be stretched quite thin and operating on suboptimal power.

Some of the cyborgs have cloaking devices as well, but that squad would be few in number and quite underpowered as well.

Invisibility artifacts for deep operations may be made using the materials that the Artificers gave you with some careful trading.

Finally, with the remaining funds of the Port Traders, shielding domes may be purchased that will allow you to protect the fortress from the falling shells.
>Give the Labrats the additional task of piercing the enemy lines with cloaking devices.
>Cyborgs will deal with the artillery. (requires recruiting the cyborgs)
>Make invisibility artifacts.
>Trade for shield domes.
>Write-in

Amid all this hectic preparation, you find solace in the company of your succubus wife.

"Sometimes I wonder why you chose me, Nika." you say after an exhausting day, feeling her arm as she massages your chest, standing behind your chair in a dimly lit room. "I'm always busy and my body is cold and mechanical. My past has made me harsh."
"For power." she says deadpan, hanging down from above to look you in the eyes, her breasts resting on your head.
"What?.." you say.
There is an awkward silence between you as she looks upon your dejected face. Then, she bursts into laughter, pure and clear, and lifts her head up.
"I'm kidding, dummy." Nika says, touching your shoulders. "You should've seen the look on your face... You don't give yourself enough credit. Even with all your work, you find time for me, for Latatta, for your friends. It's just that with how busy you are, you don't notice it." she begins humming a familiar, soothing melody as she plays with your hair - or whatever implants replace it.
"Why did you choose me?" she asks with a hint of worry after a while.
"Because you lift my mood. You're the sun of my life. I've said it a million times."
"This kind of mood?" the succubus says, bending over the back of the chair and gently gripping your crotch.
"This too. Come here." you suddenly grip her by her waist and lift her up on your shoulder with a "heave-ho", almost toppling the chair.
"What are you doing?!" Nika moans playfully as you carry her to the bed...

EMBRACE THE CRINGE
(3/4)
>>
>>6005998
With the invasion approaching, and most of the fortifications being complete, you need to decide whether to focus on the crafting and setting up of additional traps and redoubts or training your forces. If you have any other plans, you may carry them out as well.
>Write-in
(4/4)
>>
>>6005994
Reject.
We have enough tech, and already put our people at risk with the fanatics. It's not fair to do that again.

>>6005996
Re: The Amazons.
Can we have a craftsman make some sort of token of gratitude? Nothing inherently valuable, but some sort of statuette or bust just to show we appreciate them training our sharpshooters.

>Accept the cyborgs' proposal and open trade with the Port Traders' southern contacts.

I think a Cyborg army is a pretty versatile and valuable, and with the horde this close...

>>6005998
>Give the Labrats the additional task of piercing the enemy lines with cloaking devices.

There's not that many cyborgs with cloak, so they can be supported by labrats - reducing the burden on both groups. Win-win.
Plus, it's likely a suicide mission and we weaken the labrats' offensive capabilities, a long-term benefit for us.

>>6006000
Can we double-check with the Necromancer? I have some questions for him.
Is he helping? How powerful is he? Do we have many dead to send to him?
>>
>>6006000
Accept the deal with the Labrats it will give them more manpower and us more equipment. We don't plan to betray them, I hope.

Train a squad to accompany the cyborg force equipping them with MAGIC guns and enchanted blades. Scout possible routes we could use to maneuver stealthily like sewers or service tunnels. Give the militia some basic melee training in case the walls are breached but focus on archery. Stop spying on the Fanatics tell our people they use magic to control us.

Are the orcs planning on going offensive? My loins!
>>
>>6006032
>Can we have a craftsman make some sort of token of gratitude?
Yes.
>Can we double-check with the Necromancer? I have some questions for him.
>Is he helping? How powerful is he? Do we have many dead to send to him?
He is helping out with manual labour using his undead. Their number is around 300. Not sure what you mean "dead to send to him", I decided not to include your plan for conversion of refugees into undead because the other anons didn't support it.
>>6006433
>Are the orcs planning on going offensive?
Quick recap of orcs behind the scenes: initially, they were rowdy and sometimes even violent with the other factions, but after you complained to Mordur (the orc chieftain) he reined them in and they have even grown to be friendly with some other people. They are quite lazy workers but excellent warriors. More to the point, they won't go on the offensive unless you tell them to.

Probably no update today since I've answered these questions late, and to perhaps let the other anons cast their votes.
>>
>>6006682
>dead to send to him"
I'm assuming people are dying of natural causes, and if nobody's strongly opposed it's worthwhile to send them to him rather than burying them.

I'm probably over-assuming the utility of the zombies/skeletons.
>>
>>6006000
>Accept

Ask the cyborgs if they recruited anyone recently. A ninja could be among them.

Scavenge the orc's zone they seem to prefer reproduction (don't we all?) than industrial capacity. Could find some gems they overlooked.
>>
>>6006032
>>6006433
>>6006793
The skeletons and zombies are fit for some dumb, non-precise labour. They obviously cannot be used for anything requiring cleanliness and anything precise or professional is out of their grasp as well. They can operate some basic tools though, like hitting something with a hammer or pulling on a rope to lift something up using pulleys. Also yes, you send the corpses to the Virgilius, even though people grumble somewhat at the disrespect to the dead.
>>6006908
I should probably clarify that the cyberninjas are not an undercover force in that they plant spies but rather they're kinda like a black ops shock troops combo that breaches the defence and sabotages the insides of the attacked base.

>Gift of gratitude to the Amazons
>Accept the deal with the Labrats
>Recruit cyborgs
>Combine the Labrat tech with the cloaking cyborgs
>Remind people the Fanatics use magic to mind control
>Check cyborgs for ninjas
>Scavenge in the orc part of the city

The Amazon leader, Io, rejects the gift.
"I appreciate the thought, but save this for when this is all over." she says firmly.

You accept the Labrat deal. The hostages seem nervous at first, but besides the tech schizos' dedication to their cause they seem quite alright as guards. With this, the problem of technology sharing solves itself.

The cyborgs are recruited. Immediately, their training begins, with both you and their leader, Godelmi, playing the leading role due to the special regimen that is required for superhumans that need more skill than muscle which is already implanted in them.

A special covert squad is formed of the hand-picked recruits and the cloaking cyborgs. They will be the ones to pierce the enemy lines and disable the long-range artillery. You pray that they come back alive when the time comes.

The archery training continues in general for everyone under the guidance of the Amazons. Even when the more advanced ammunition runs out, you'll have backup firepower in this form.

You privately talk with your people and remind them that you found out the Fanatics use mind magic back when they attempted to brainwash your negotiators. For most, this is a sobering reminder, but some still remain friendly with them, perhaps thinking they won't be affected. Lost souls...

There are no ninjas among cyborgs. No masking modifications are found, and none of them look like owlmen either way.

The orc part of the city is explored already and quite intensively used for the manufacture of machine parts and various weaponry. Still, you decide to check the storehouses for anything of note...
>Roll 1d100 Bo3 for what you find

Time passes. Owlmen scouting groups start to appear and first engagements happen on the outer edges of the city. Some were loud in battle, shouting warcries in their cruel, hooting tongue as they charged your outpost, but most are simple and silent, like Death's scythe that reaps the living.
(1/2)
>>
File: disregard the snow.jpg (81 KB, 650x700)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>6008227
The final group of the refugees arrives in your settlement by foot and by horse. They number in about 100 and are sharpshooters with guns, hitting moving targets 1cm wide across the shooting range. Good engineers as well. Thing about them is: they carry a disease within them that makes their bodies rot unless proper treatment is applied. They have the inexpensive supplies with them, but taking care of themselves renders them incapable of training for half of the day. The disease is not highly contagious, but prolonged exposure will lead to infection nevertheless. They call themselves the Lepers, a disgraceful moniker that some of the people called them before and they eventually accepted upon themselves.
>Recruit the Lepers and give them a separate dwelling lest the disease spreads
>Recruit the Lepers (but plan to expel them after the battle)
>Send the Lepers on their way

The Lepers tell of one final danger among the owlmen. They only saw it from afar, but there was a colossal object on the horizon when they fled the city they were in. It made great blasts of fire that roared for many kilometers across the land. You would need something to deal with a big moving fortress or whatever it was that they saw back then.

There are two options that come to mind. Training of more special ops squads to disable the thing from the inside is on the table. The other way is to simply pack enough firepower to blast it apart. The Port Traders could use up their remaining favours to get you either, but the weaponry or devices likely wouldn't arrive in full with this little time.
>Train more spec ops
>Purchase heavy artillery
>Write-in

One day, an owlman bearing a white flag approaches one of your outer forces, requesting a meeting with the leaders. You call the council quickly, and soon enough, he delivers his request. The messenger says that the Ravaging Hosts are merciful in their conquests, and if 1/3 of the populace of the city is given to them as slaves and 1/3 of the riches as loot, they will leave you alone and move on with their pillaging. He also declares that anyone joining the Hosts as warriors will be spared the fate of the slave. The council obviously refuses the deal, but you notice some hesitation in the words of the Patriarchs and the Necromancer... You wonder if you should remind them of their pledge in some way, or convince them somehow.
>Write-in
(2/2)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.