[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bakugan gen 3 is probably completely done at this point.
With the near complete second season of the show still without a green light, and year 2 toys reportedly getting destroyed, I think it’s pretty safe to say it’s over

On the 7th, spin master will publish their investor Q1 sheet. If Bakugan isn’t on it, then I think it’s officially over.

It’s not like we didn’t see this coming, G3 has kinda sucked ass and nobody is buying it.
Do you think we can expect a G4 after this? Is Bakugan no longer an evergreen brand?
>>
>>10978399
Bakugan is a brand that proved it can be succesful if done right. G2 made lots of money, G1 was a juggernaut, it made like 2 billion in sales the first year, thats insane for something new. I am sure they will reboot it again, they need to see what was wrong and make something more akin to G1 but with stronger toys like G2. Perhaps the live acrion film they planned years ago could help the brand. I bought a lot of G3 on sale so I am fine with it going away, I got what I wanted mostly. But I hope they bring it back.

I do wonder where will SM focus, since they have a lot of Playstation brands toylines set to release this year, because they might shift their focus on the videogame action figure market.
>>
I got invested in G2 early on but fell off due to life shit going on, we're on G3 already?? Jesus, did Battle Planet do that badly? That's fucking sad, Jesus.
>>
File: 1686129217.jpg (153 KB, 600x800)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>10978399
I miss when they made real figures of the actual monsters. I feel nothing for these otherwise
>>
>>10978435
No, G2 was a hit but Spin Master rebooted it because they ended the story.

They wanted to do what other brands do, such as Transformers or TMNT or the horse show from Hasbro thst I wont name.
>>
>>10978444
I was under the assumption that a lot of those franchises were rebooted every ten-ish years. Glad to hear G2 did well though, the little of the game that I played was a lot of fun.
>>
>>10978452
Actually, Transformers and tmnt get a reboot every 3-4 years. G2 was released in 2019 and got rebooted in the second half of 2023. Only MLP kept the reboot for around 10 ish years because it was super succesful.
>>
>ditch Ultra Bakugan which were the best engineered, non-mechanical toys I'd ever seen
>even if they hadn't, Ultra Bakugans from Armored Alliance onwards had been gimped with those weird-ass tails they put on everything
>do the same mistake as OG bakugan and start pushing side-toys on everything from geogan to nanogan
>line dies because of course it does

>gen 3 comes out
>best version of the non-TCG game with the 3 power levels
>replace Ultra Bakus with beyblade bakus that you can't use as intended without a 50+ dollar stadium
>new bakus aren't even that exciting visually since they're all just half balls now

I don't want to call the guys at spin master retarded but I kinda have to.
HOW do you go from Ultra Pegatrix from Wave 1 to this gen 3 bollocks?
>>
Today is the day, when does the event start?
>>
>>10980808
I do, and you because you wouldnt reply you fucking faggot. Edgy kid

Kill yourself
>>
So is this just a fan-initiated thing? this redditor got the cartoon VAs for a livestream later this month
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgP8dWDoMfY
>baka gain
hehe.
>>
>>10978399
Event got moved to May 8th
>>
>>10981230

https://assets.ctfassets.net/r3qu44etwf9a/565DlXX28H4V0ZHl1XasI6/4d98a352f5f89359f77bf0078cd7bd44/Q1_2024_Management-s_Discussion___Analysis.pdf
https://www.spinmaster.com/en-US/corporate/investor-relations/

but wot does it mean?????
>>
>>10984112
They didnt announcebakugan cancellation yet. It seems G3 sells well in somr regions and in others it doesnt. Perhaps they will still look at it and proceed with future lines. DC had no new films though.
>>
>>10978399
They dug their own graves when Bakugan was given a second reboot when they saw how successful the first reboot got. It's also an insult to keep Dan's name for the protagonist for the third time. That's why they shouldn't have rebooted the series for a second time just to rake up more money, just silently close the book on it instead without the second reboot. I mean, they also tried (and failed) with Ionix, and even that had its fans but are shocked at how the show's ratings kicked the can on an entire toyline.
>>
>>10984149
Ionix was a good idea, imo if it sold well it shouldve continued
>>
>>10984158
So goddamn underrated. Tenkai Knights, the brand's flagship series, took a hit with the Beast World arc, and it forced the cancellation of ALL lines in the brand, meaning we couldn't get other cool designs like Venetta and the Tenkai Wolf.
>>
Is it impossible for Bakugan to disconnect from the TCG aspect? Like how Turning Mecard has completely dropped that battle hobby aspect, gone full combining mecha and aren't even using cards this season.
>>
>>10984137
So it's a nothingburger that OP blew out of proportion?
>>
>>10986016
that happened twice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.