[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.45 MB, 1448x900)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
anyone else playing the update

i haven't played in years and trading coins for recipes is a lot better than the fucking paper rng grind was
but I must be missing something because the tiering is kinda fucked
I have to beat a 53 guy at 47 to get thick leather recipe
unless i'm missing somewhere I can farm it

also why the fuck do crafting stations not take things from chests
like 90% of the time spent in base is sorting items and moving items from place to place

i also wish the skill gems were more impactful, like getting a skill jewel should make me want to use a skill I normally don't use because it makes it that much better
>>
I wish they had kept updating Battlerite, intead of making this.
>>
I'm playing. Enjoying it a ton. Taking my time. Brutal mode, no wipe, no raid is great for me. Even better would be merciless, but people dont have the balls for it consistently.
>>
>>1284983
same
brutal is nice because they actually get new patterns
when it started in EA someone here hosted a server on hard, and then further nerfed all player stat bonuses by half
we weren't even sure it was possible to clear, but I think 2-3 of us beat all of the bosses
most fights were hard, but fair.. just had to not get hit and survive for long enough to kill them
only things that felt really bad were add based fights like Styx and Gorecrusher
>>
>>1285207
sounds cool. would love a server with a handful of like minded people to fuck around and do overpowered bosses together. it's what I love about the boss fights, they're like wow raids, without the shitty wow stuff.
I've been kinda nolifing the game since launch and my clanmate is already getting a little tired, I feel. I wonder if the rapid player count die off is going to repeat exactly how it has in the past updates. It probably will, hopefully a little slower perhaps.
>>
I'm playing this with friends on a pve server and I kind of like it. I wish everything had like 1/3 less hp because a lot of these fights really drag on - especially the ones with lots of mechanics that prevent you from doing damage to the them. The game is very tightly tuned and I think it would be more fun if it wasn't. I really like the game when I'm fighting the patrolling type bosses a little over geared and I pull other patrols or other bosses and it gets messy more than doing the arena bosses that are very scripted. I think I'd like it more if you had a bit more player power but also more chaos in the world to keep you on your toes.
>>
File: download (7) (9).jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
>>1285207
bitch, shut the fuck up with your bullshit, it isn't fuckin fun playing the game that way you autistic loser. so DON'T FUCKIN ENCOURAGE IT ON THE GOD DAMN BOARD.
>>
>>1291955
t. zoomie that hates challenge
I bet you play pve
>>
>hunting General Cassius
>find the bastard walking about some vampire ruins
>it just so happens vampires patrol the area and interfere with our 1v1
>just kidding Cassius is a giant pussy and starts summoning skeletons with halberds too
>I’m getting overwhelmed so I retreated outside the castle right into another pack of vampires
>oh fuck
>so I dodge and weave, kill, and run behind a rock to heal and think about calling it quits
>nah Cassius still wants to fight and followed me outside
>after a few minutes of killing mobs and his adds and attacking him in between I get him 50% health
>I’m so sick of all the random mobs and his adds
>then suddenly I see a red skull and the name Paladin on the side of my screen
>I book it
>the Paladins switch targets and start fucking Cassius up
>it takes them maybe 3 seconds to get Cassius from 50-0% hp
>I run over and absorb that pussy ass bitch, laughing so hard
Here I though mobs patrolling the fighting area was stupid, and now they hand me a free win. Thanks Paladin Chads.
>>
I was having fun but most players left the server (pvp) before I could catch up and fight on a more equal level.
>>
>>1292833
Never underestimate the power of getting someone else to kill a V Blood for you
>>
>>1293149
thats sadly how every "pvp" rpg works
there is a burst of activity at the start where everyone races to gear up and then bully people lower than them on the totem pole
no one is interested in pvp on an equal footing
a server that is 50/50 day 1 will be 20/50 day 2 and 2/50 day 3
>>
>>1295050
>want to play with frens
>autistic FRESHfag insists on hopping on a FRESH pvp server before they fall behind
>tell them that's retarded
>they all follow him "so we can all play together"
>the next day he wants to hop on another FRESH server because the one they are on is no longer FRESH
>within a week they are on their 5th server
>all stop playing because they hate resetting their progress every day
>never made it to quincey
>meanwhile i solo the game on our own private server and none of them ever join me
The weirder part is this already happened twice before for the original early access and the gloomrot update.
>>
File: V Rising.png (814 KB, 1075x827)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
>>1282902
Got perm banned from all official servers for saying "faggot" over voicechat. (Group of 4 players in a duo server killed me, and i called them faggots)

>100% serious
>>
>>1301338
Gaming is dead
>>
>>1301338
nice blog
no one cares faggot
>>
>>1301338
Sorry, anon. That's pretty gay.
>>
>>1301338
Officials suck anyway
>>
File: 81065015915.jpg (158 KB, 677x887)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Overall it's a solid game. Pretty much all the changes/additions from Beta are good. Brutal boss mechanics are pretty much all extremely well balanced and fun to fight.
I almost wish it was a single player game or something. I think the major draw for most people is the Vampire aesthetic. The worldbuilding and design of everything are top tier, but ruined by the fact it's a shitty survival game. Meaning you have to deal with a ton of other annoying cunts constantly who couldn't hack it in Rust.

>>1295050 is still accurate, which is unfortunate because most of the people I've played with in various PvP and PvE servers are cool and chill but there's always like one or two clans who act like fags and ruin it for everyone else.
The game still suffers from the fact that there's no endgame. Besides grinding Rifts hoping for a 2% drop chance Legendary which gets boring as shit after like two days. Once you hit max gear and spend a few days building out your big ol' castle, there's pretty much nothing to do.

Also here's my story
>join RP server
>two literal trannies are the only admins
>act exactly how you would expect, just begging for attention
>spamming gchat with the orange Server Alert text so everyone has to read their takes
>Never actually doing their jobs, just following people around invisibly like weird ass stalkers
>Constantly getting into arguments with the players
I left after beating Drac. Didn't even get to Solarus or Adam lol.
>>
>>1282902
I was playing it in single player, only have a couple bosses left but just can't work up the motivation to continue.
>>
>>1304461
>was having fun with a solo brutal run
>reach 80+
>bosses are more frustrating than fun now
Oh well.
>>
>>1304072
>Once you hit max gear and spend a few days building out your big ol' castle, there's pretty much nothing to do.
Allegedly - you're supposed to join a clan and strangle the server you're on.
>>
>>1282902
It's just another one of those soulless bronze pickaxe to farm gold -> gold pickaxe to farm diamond waste of time cookie clicker progression systems

Also it has shit tier boss mechanics where you have to use the spinning axe and run around the whole time poking with spells because getting near the boss is death

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.