[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: millenia.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>2024... I am forgotten
>>
>>1756240
I've only ever seen videos and that ui is so fucking hideous whatever slimy subclan of parajews designed it should be publicly hanged
>>
>>1756240
Wait, it even came out? I was sure they've simply cancel it during dev.
>>
>>1756240
There was a thread that just died from lack of posts today that you could have posted in. If you didn't have anything to say over the last week of its life, why bother to shitpost now?
>>
>>1756340
Not op, but that's kind of the point of the thead
>Game gets hyped for half a year
>Eventually has a release
>Nobody even notices
>The handful of people that does notice find it terrible
>>
>>1756340
>Implying the OP of that thread isn't the OP of this thread and is just trying to bait engagement through negativity
>>
>>1756367
I am forgotten... until schizos bring it up again.
>>1756345
Honestly, a lot people say this was hyped, but was it? I go search for Paradox sometimes, but I genuinely don't remember this shit being advertised. In fact only heard about it in this place.
>>
>>1756371
>but I genuinely don't remember this shit being advertised
That's just your dementia. The main problem this had was right at the announcement. It had a huge marketing campaign and build up from paradox where each of paradox's studios would publish a tweet about it and some cryptic image and everyone was discussion what it could possibly be. Eventually it got leaked that it was a civ competitor and that made people more hyped. Then it got announced and everyone had a very negative reaction because it's a very very low budget and very ugly indie title that Paradox picked up and tried to market as a big title. The game itself is fine and has some great ideas, but that negative initial reaction has stopped so many people trying it so it's dead in the water.
>>
>>1756376
>tweet
Okay I don't go there as much, but it was literally just a half-a-year before release? Devs must of been rushed.
>>
>>1756381
It's not that it was a rush I don't think, but possible. I think it's more a game PDX picked up while the devs were late in development. Happens all the time with publishers. See something promising, throw a bit of money their way and publish the game with the hope that it makes a great return.
>>
>>1756384
Yeah, that's why the hype actually died, people saw it wasn't a new game but a game that was known to be in development already when people thought it was going to be a brand new game.
>>
>>1756240
I feel this could've been a good game if it had like six to twelve months more in development. Their "roadmap" promises future updates for features that every respectable 4x game should have on release. The core gameplay is solid, the "ages" are an interesting concept at least, and it manages to strike a good balance between classic Civ-style 4X gameplay and new/unique features. It just misses too many points for basic shit.
>>
>>1756457
I think it's just a shame that they saw how identityless nations worked for Humankind and still went ahead with it. It really did need a cash injection and another year to give it some personality.
>>
>>1756240
game is decent but i already explored and replayed it multiple times and there's really no point to do it again until more content being released
>>
>>1756457
>every respectable 4x game
was dogshit upon release and is only well remembered like two expansions later.
>>
>>1756748
People used to actually make complete games. You don't know this because you weren't born yet at the time, but it's true.
>>
>>1756751
No, people used to accept broken games as complete because it was more of a pain to get patches.
>>
File: 1309675085400.png (244 KB, 342x334)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>https://www.reddit.com/r/millennia/comments/1bvjjrk/what_is_the_true_ending_and_how_to_achieve_it/
>>
>>1756240
Next time, think more about the art style and maybe put some effort into it. Who TF wants to play mobile game looking ass game on a PC? The art style is everything
>>
>>1756240
I'll play it again when an expansion or 2 come out
>>
>>1760549
>muh artstyle
please nigga
>>
>>1756376
>The game itself is fine
It really isn't. The balance is non-existing, the gameplay loop is a joke and it's so hyper-aggressive, it makes even regular PDX stuff look like peaceful building games.
And then there is the quality of the AI and the performance of the game written in spaghetti, as if any of the issues weren't bad enough
>>
>>1756748
>>1756787
>t. zoomershit that started with Civ 5
>>
>>1760513
Holy reddit tier writing
>>
>>1761314
>Reddit post
>In reddit writing
Shocking!
>>
>>1761557
He might just mean that whole hidden plotline within a 4x game told through mysterious notes thing's writing.
>>
File: image5.png (75 KB, 1678x933)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/update-3-public-beta.1680372/
next update on monday
>>
>>1760738
Yes, in order to immerse yourself in the game it absolutely MUST look good
>>
>>1756345
I stole it on release.
It certainly was more fun than Civ6 and even vanilla V.
But absolutely not worth the release price because
>graphics are just too shit compared to TBS from 15 years ago
>for the amount of copying done from Call to Power, they cut the most important part - wonders and their absolute best cinematics.
>>
>>1765558
same... Game is a good alternative to the tired civ games but the price is too steep and they already have dlcs planned.
>>
>cool feature to go into alternate ages if you're ahead
>but you have to go back to a normal one afterwards
if anything you should have been able to push things even further off the rails, I understand that's not realistic for budget reasons but they still shouldn't have shot the appeal in the foot by forcing you back to normality
>>
>>1765683
yeah i really hate this. I avoid age of alchemy just to avoid the awful age of revolution random spam of revolutionaries.
>>
>>1765558
>The only thing zoomer can focus on is muh graphics and muh presentation
>While being chickenshit about pirating
Said all that, the game is bad - due to how bad its actual mechanics are (rather than cool ideas behind them), how bugged it is and how it's effectively an indie dev Civ-clone with fitting level of competence and budget put into making it, except it got picked by PDX and hyped into a Civ killer in a campaign that cost more than making the game
>>
>>1766342
doesn't help they wanted to make a spiritual sucessor to call to powers and zoomers have no idea wtf it is... God, i miss the OG call to power. Janky as fuck but so fresh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6487s8SdWqk
they are now advertising with tiktok songs
>>
>>1756340
Thread originality police are more annoying, go bump all the threads in page 10 if you are that worried about them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.