[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any other trading games liek Patrician 3 or Port Royale 2, where you lead a trading company? Doesn't have to be ships only. Or this it?
>>
>>1758519
freelancer does trading in space but you pilot the ship and defend against pirates
>>
This is it
>>
There are quite a few, like The Guild series. For me it's Trade Empires. It's a little different from Patrician and Port Royale, but it's pretty nice and fun.
>>
>>1758519
The Merchant Prince games.
They're trading games mixed with more Machiavellian vying for power.
>>
>>1758948
How do you even play this? I tried installing it from abandonware and it bugs out.
>>1759045
I'll take a look.
>>
>>1758948
Came to post this game

>>1759112
There are two copies in circulation, one with bugged patch, nad one that works. If you are willing to wait, I can offer the working one on Sunday evening, when I will be back from a weekend trek.
Keep in mind that Trade Empires is a very straighforward game in design, but it's intentional - it was designed to teach kids and teens how monopolies and various other market structures work and how prices rarely represent value of various commodities
>>
>>1759158
> it was designed to teach kids and teens how monopolies and various other market structures work and how prices rarely represent value of various commodities
In fact I loved it as a kid back in the days.
>>
this game is very text heavy but its also very good
>>
>>1760125
Too bad it relies on dice rolls for literally everything.
>>
>>1759045
Thanks for the recommendation

My /lit/, /his/ and /vst/ interests might be satiated.
>>
>>1760125
It's knockoff sunless seas.

Travel in the wrong place (no indication of which dangerous sounding places are the actually dangerous places) and you face dice rolls that are straight up "save or die"

it's so bad.
>>
>>1758519
There's NOTHING as good as patrician 2/3
>>
>>1766172
Grim
>>
>>1760125
Excessively punishing. The game despises the idea of you making a profit and will do everything it can to fuck you in the ass.
It's a real shame because there are lots of nice little stories in it and plenty to explore and discover.
>>
>>1758948
>>1759045
I love how these old games always have soulful reviews by some dedicated player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqvGaWSMmgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsJMXQQyHG4
>>
I'm playing Port Royale 2, I like it but the combat is being 1 ship only is kinda lame.
>>
>>1758948
This. Play Guild when you get tired of boat.
>>
I remember playing this one when it came out and really liked the concept but the game was not that good. Have been looking for something similar but done well ever since - growing a global naval trading empire
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (757 KB, 1280x1024)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
Back from the pirate's nest, My tower destroyers failed, so I had to brute-force it. A zero sum endeavour
>>
>>1758519
Uncharted Waters franchise
>>
>>1758524
endless sky is better
>>
>>1769065
Did you use the cheat where you unlock every townfrom the start?
>>
>>1769287
There is a 40 towns map out there, I didn't use cheats.
>>
>>1769300
as far as I remember the original game didn't let you load these maps
>>
>>1769321
Works on my machine since 15 years, just pirate nests can be annoying to catch because they overlap with Edinburgh and you have to try like 20 times and you get no mission to found you own city.
>>
Sea dogs series and its medieval brother Mount and blade lets you be a trader but thats more of a passive/supplmentary income

Sea dogs you could have up to 3 extra ships following you for trading purposes. A Russian 1.3 for Sea Dogs 2 patch even added slaves as goods commodity.

Mount&Blade lets you out right create merchant caravans and be a merchant caravaneer yourself. Also has batshit dynamic economy which changes prices according to supply and demand.
>>
>>1769421
Did they also fix the problem with the distribution of the produced goods? As far as I remember when you clicked all towns at once every single one had only like 2-3 effecicely produced goods
>>
>>1769599
The have on average 6 efficient goods.
>>
>>1758519
Caravaneer 1&2
Dust to the End
>>
bumping good thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.