[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is tenchi muyo /m/?
>>
No.
>>
There's a spin-off that's a mecha show. War on Geminar.
>>
File: Mecha_ryo_ohki.jpg (36 KB, 512x384)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>22634535
O
>>
>>22634533
Absolutely not. This franchise is a whole bunch of nonsense on top of nonsense on top of nonsense that you might as well call it doujincraft.
>>
File: Sōja.jpg (129 KB, 500x375)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>22634559
But it has cool space ships
>>
File: sddefault (3).jpg (33 KB, 640x480)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>22634583
Are spaceships /m/
>>
>>22634552
It's funny how Tenchi in Toyko gave Sasami a robot that only gets used twice throughout the whole show.
At least it has the arc where Ryoko returns to space piracy, while Mihoshi and Kiyone try to infiltrate her organization.
>>22634585
Sure.
>>
>>22634533
Meh, the tenchiverse has stuff like Dual! or Geminar that are full on mecha, and mainline itself has different degrees of space opera. If anything, i think people underestimate the autims depth that the tenchiverse has in terms of lore as a fictional universe.
>>
>>22634533
It's a space opera, and space opera is /m/.
>>22634559
>>22634654
That's why I can't get mad at the newer OVAs, even if they're super cheap. It amazes me that 30 years later, Kajishima is still coming up with new lore and characters -- even though they're donutsteels, that just adds to the charm. It also amazes me how Tenchi avoids the usual harem cringe and is genuinely engaging and funny. The franchise peaked with the Universe TV show and the 3 movies (especially movies 1 and 3), however. Hiroshi Negishi truly is an underrated /m/ director (he made the Tenchi TV show and movies as well as Webdiver, Borgman, and NG Knight Ramune).
>>
File: w274bhktsrjc1.png (414 KB, 1079x1076)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>22634786 Tenchi Muyo is generic harem with a spaceopera backdrop (at best) and does absolutely nothing special with either.

It only includes mecha/bunny suit because it's popular in Japanese media and vaguely fit into the setting. Does it count as /m/? sure? But it's not a mecha show by any means, it's hardly even a space-related show.
>>
>>22634794
Maybe you could say that about the newer entries or something like Saber Marionette J, but the novels, movies, and original TV show have lots of sci-fi lore and hijinks. Also the two In Love movies have barely any harem stuff -- even the other entries aren't like the typical harem anime because only two of the girls (Ryoko and Ayeka) are actively interested in Tenchi, and Tenchi isn't really interested in them either.
>>
>>22634812
>even the other entries aren't like the typical harem anime because only two of the girls (Ryoko and Ayeka) are actively interested in Tenchi, and Tenchi isn't really interested in them either.
That's only the Tenchi Universe tv series. Tenchi in Tokyo explicitly had everyone in love with him, and so did the OVAs.
>>
>>22634533
Duel and War on Geminar definitely are.
>>
Is rocky /m/ ?
Paulie has a robot
>>
>>22634533
If you have to ask your thread is shit.
>>
The /m/ parts are /m/. Them existing does not make the work as a whole relevant to this board. Also >>22635173.
>>
>>22634794
>does absolutely nothing special with either.
Y'know, apart from the space ships being living magical trees some of which are the embodiment of the triumvirate of old gods that created reality...
>>
>>22635228
Then go talk about it on /out/
This is the mecha board, not the faggot trees board
>>
>>22635156
Only that one movie
>>
File: bka3qw4d7ja31.jpg (66 KB, 640x491)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>22635232
What about mecha made out of faggot trees?
>>
>>22634533
no
>>
>Tenchi Muyo
lol
what a joke
>>
>>22634786
I think he made Tekkaman Blade as well?
>>
>>22634794
This is Touhou but harem anime. None of its contents make sense, and you have to switch off your brain to enjoy it. That's why I hate Tenchi and Touhou equally because it's nonsense on top of nonsense on top of nonsense.
>>
>>22634533
100% more /m/ than whatever that Symphogear thread is

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.