[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple fishing kit for a reasonable price i dont want random bullshit i wont use
>>
Where are you going?
What kind of fish?
Shore, boat, wading?
Are you looking for all-around or specifics?

A stick, 4lb line, and a worm on a hook?
>>
>>2728513
buy fishing line, a few hooks, cork from wine, and get a long stick from the woods, shouldn't cost more than $2
>>
Op here I'm looking for something i can go bass fishing in lakes with no boat unfortunately
>>
>>2728901
6’-7’ medium or medium light spinning combo, whatever Lew’s or Abu Garcia or Shimano or Okuma oe Daiwa is within your budget. Look at the rod above the handle and it will say something like “Medium Weight, Fast Actuon, 6’6”, 6lb-12lb line” IMO, for $60-$75 at Bass Pro or Dick’s or even Walmart, you can get a spinning combo from one of those brands that isn’t bad at all. Under $50 and it will work, but you will want to upgrade it real soon if you don’t give up the hobby within a week.

Then get yourself a spool of 6lb or 8lb monofilament line or like 15lb braided line if you want to upgrade, a 150yd-200yd spool should be good enough, put that on the reel.

As for baits, you can get basic ass assorted hooks and split shots and bobbers and use nightcrawlers. Or you can get lures, but that’s sort of a rabbit hole because it changes depending on water temps and seasons and where you’re fishing. Easy beginner bass fishing lures I always recommend are inline spinners like Mepps #2-#4 or Rooster Tails in the 1/4oz size. Rapala Originals or Husky Jerks as well, you want like the 2”-3” long size unless you have a bunch of big bass that are hungry. The soft bait paddle tail minnows with hooks already in them like the Power Bait or Storm branded 5pks are straight too. Then there’s all the soft baits, pic related is a Texas Rig, something like Zoom Finesse Worms with a ~3/16oz bullet weight and 2/0 or 3/0 EWG worm hook, but these take a little more skill to fish as you’re bouncing them along the bottom.

Go to the fishin and tackle thread, lots of autism and advice over there
>>
>>2728901
220/322-Piece Fishing Lures Kit, Upgraded Fishing Tackle Box with Tackle Included, Hard Soft Bait, Hooks, Weights, Other Accessories, Fishing Lure Gear Equipment Kit Gift for Men Freshwater Bass Trout https://a.co/d/7UGPnF6

Honestly for $30, that’s straight. It won’t be the best quality stuff, but eventually you’re going to get most of it snagged, so it’s not a bad idea to get a kit like that and learn what works in your area.

There’s an Abu Garcia STX spinning combo on Amazon, $59 for the 30-Medium size, that’s a decent little freshwater rod. Get some 8lb mono line from a decent company like Trilene XL or Seaguar, or get some braided line if you want an upgrade, 15lb-20lb PowerPro, SpiderWire, or the J-Braid. Braid is stronger for a given size and lasts longer than mono, I really like it for freshwater bass fishing from shore since you have a better shot of yanking bass out of weeds.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.