[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are the "types" of people you always see traveling?
>>
>>2651894
>travel to some remote African jungle, hidden Lao Village or some Latin American drug smuggling hamlet in the middle of nowhere
>theres a fucking Korean tourist there
I see these guys everywhere but I NEVER encounter Japanese. Why is this?
>>
>>2651898
There used to be a LOT more Japanese tourists when the Japanese economy was stronger, back in the 80's and 90''s. It's been rough for Japan over the past few decades. The Korean economy, on the other hand, is stronger, so there are more Korean tourists.
Also, Japan is a much larger and more varied country than Korea. There's more opportunities for travel within Japan than within Korea.
I would also say that, on a cultural level, Koreans are a bit more outgoing than Japanese people.

Anyways if you want to see a lot of Japanese tourists, take a trip to Honolulu.
>>
>>2651898
Yep not only that but word has gotten back to Japan that most of the places they romanticized are now full of unsavory economic migrants from Africa and the Middle East. So these days the Japanese just go to Okinawa, Hawaii, or Hokkaido on holiday.

There is even a syndrome for Japanese who travel to Europe and become traumatized at seeing how bad things have become in Europe.
>>
>the loud obnoxious alcoholic overweight british girl
>the asian kid that just sits in the hostel all day playing phone games
>the skinny, overly tanned/sunburnt hiker couple
>>
That guy who gets wasted all the time to hide the pain of being total loser and somehow alcohol makes him forget that.
>>
>>2651894
German tourists of all ages who complain. Either at each other or at the locals. Angery complaining, "jokingly" complaining, it's always some sort of complaint.
>>2651915
>syndrome for Japanese who travel to Europe and b
it's only Paris, not the whole continent.
>>
>>2651894
Literally every single fucking Anglo person in SEA is a loud, uncouth, obnoxious piece of dogshit who, regardless of age, acts like a surly school child when they get drunk. Touchy pride, quick to violence, and all have this blanket early 2000s alpha male faggot personality.

They’re basically white basketball people. I fucking hate them all. Every single other European is either enjoyable to be around or, at worst, easily tolerated.

fuck British people
Fuck Irish people
Fuck Australian people
Fuck welsh people
Fuck whoever else has a dumb faggot Anglo accent

Fuck you all
>>
>>2651894
>The LBH ESL teacher in Asia with a 6/10 girl with him
>American or Canadian roastie who thinks she's exceptional because she boarded a plane to Bali or Thailand by herself
>Dutch guy too well dressed to be staying in a dorm who makes it a point to only talk about US politics
>Manlet in his 30's with no real job (or a seasonal worker) that still stays in dorms trying to cling to his youth
>Israelis who travel only in packs and are rude to every person they meet, doesn't matter if other tourist or local
>Remote worker who thinks a common room is a great place for their Zoom meeting
>Chinks who can't stop making throat noises anywhere they go
>Old dirty sandals guy
>Person who is way too old (18+) to be hitting their snooze button for a couple hours straight
>Polish guy who finishes a pint of vodka in the airport bathroom at 7am before going through security
>>
>>2651951
Every loud faggot in SEA in my experience is an Australian. It's the same when you go to Mexico, every loud faggot is an American. It's because proximity and price to the town they grew up in makes it an 'exotic and budget friendly' destination to the redneck white trash
>>
>>2651958
How do they not realize it’s basically audible rape? Whenever I’m in a public place, I speak with enough volume for whoever is in my proximity in my group to hear me.

These fucking faggots BELLOW and SHOUT and usually flail around far beyond what is required to communicate with their friend group. It makes me want to fucking kill them
>>
>>2651959
This dorker cunt can't handle the banter
>>
File: 1709895402726349.jpg (1.2 MB, 1280x1600)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>2651894
Good people, in general the people you find traveling are richer and happier than the average. Everyone I meet is cool as fuck,
>>2652209
Also filter the word "dork" here if you want your board experience to improve, this guy is a salty pajeet who hates the fact that a white guy fucked his gf and shits up /trv/ threads all the time
>>2651951
>Fuck Australian people
You wish mate
Taking all your women and driving up the prices for private rooms in hostels and there's not a single fucking thing you are going to do about it, are ya?
>>
The dutch being experts on the local drug scene.
>>
In the Philippines we have the nasty, crusty ass old boomer expats in the cities with sex tourism, normal looking old white guys with age appropriate wives away from those cities.
>>
>>2651951
Lighten up bud, we're only havin a laugh
>>
>>2651958
In Marbella every loud faggot was British. They all sound like they have marbles in their mouth when they talk. Bunch of Lobsterback fuckers.
>>
People whose lives revolve around travel are low quality human beings, almost always hedonists
>>
>>2652597
Nice slave mentality, peasant. Let me guess, you think a "hard day's work" is an admirable thing?
>>
>>2651898
>theres a fucking Korean tourist there
Every time lmao. At least they're usually pretty chill and tend to have better English skills than Japanese people do. But if you'd like to see Japanese tourists, go to Bangkok and hang out in that one area that caters to Japanese tourists (the name of which eludes me now but it's not hard to find). I've never seen so many people dressed like anime characters outside of a convention and I don't even go to those since they actually tend to smell even fucking worse than Bangkok does with its open air sewers.
>>
>>2651951

scotch claws typed this
>>
File: rob70-1074749674.jpg (25 KB, 268x200)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2652616
No he's right. Travel as a lifestyle necessarily attracts shallow and hedonist people
>>
>>2652618
Korean backpackers are the coolest. They always are down to share ramyeon with you and are down for a hike.
>>
>>2652616
It's true. I've become burned out on travel, as soon as you realize being "that traveling guy" is kind of a faggot existence and pathetic in your 30's to have nothing to really show for it in terms of skills and no one really gives a fuck that you got on a plane and went somewhere. There's also a reason every perpetual traveler digital nomad I've met is an insufferable cunt it's because they project their ability to live in a hostel as having 'broken le matrix xd'
>>
File: Telling bad joke.jpg (115 KB, 850x601)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2651915
What, did you only just learn about Paris Syndrome? Lmao!
>>
>>2652686
I kek’d a little bit. I’m on track to become that fucking loser 34+ year old that makes people uneasy.
>yea bro I just kinda go where life takes me
Tbh tho I think it’s cringe and NPC to write someone off just because they don’t have an established dork career like accountant, SWE, etc. I’m NOT saying you shouldn’t write off blatant backpacker barnacle losers on a shoestring budget, but it’s not that black and white imo
>>
>>2652889
I'm not saying to respect established dork careers, but at least learn or do something of value besides having some sort of seasonal no skill job which is basically what every 30+ fucking loser still staying in a dorm tends to do (especially if they're American or Canadian)
>>
>>2651894
Israelis
Yes. You know why
>>
>>2651944
Nah, it's most of Europe now. I'd never be over there again if I didn't have to for work.
>>
>>2652980
I worked for most of my life since I was 18 as dental technician. Now I stay in hostels for a few years because fuck it I can still do a boring job when I am 40 years old wtf
>>
>>2651898
They also have visa free access to most of the world including basically all of Europe
>>
>>2652686

I feel sorry for you anon. You should not be on this board with you depressed mentality.
>>
>>2651935
Damn bro, you didn't have to call me out like that.
>>
>the fresh n fit black passport bro trying to run game on local woman, who are trying to politely extract themselves from his presence and not lose face in the process
>>
>>2655299
Dont worry bro, I called myself out too. Stopped drinking since begining of 2023 and it is the only worthwhile choice I have made in last several years.
>>
>>2651959
>people talking loudly near me is audible rape
>>
>>2652352
>taking all your women
the whores and trannies, kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.