[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1499623513161.jpg (271 KB, 1500x1000)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
I am considering going to the DPRK with Koryo Tours: http://www.koryogroup.com/tours/dprk-north-korea/group

I know there are other tour groups but they seem to be the most experienced with a large amount of options. They also seem to have a good relationship with the gov. The DPRK just seems to be one of the most interesting and fascinating countries ever, and I want to see it for myself, but i am worried and heavily considering going to Central Asia instead. Has anybody gone/considered to gone then thought better? Recommended things to see?
>>
>>2659428
you will be just safe, just behave yourself. But follow the news closely, north korea has become a hot international isssue. I doubt there will be a war, but you never know.

also: !DO NOT! STEAL ANYTHING OR BREAK ANY RULES. Just don't be a retard and you will be fine.
>>
Yes, I went with Koryo many years ago. It's a good choice. Just remember, DPRK is still closed for now. Hopefully they will finally open again this year.

Also remember that if you're American you're not allowed to go.
>>
>>2659428
I've done research and this company seems to be the best option. I don't know why you would be worried OP, North Korea must the world's most safest place for a tourist because you are under constant surveillance and there's no risk of robbery, terrorism or anything really. Like, as long as you use common sense and don't break any laws, you should be fine.

>>2659451
>DPRK is still closed for now.
You sure? Because on the koryo tours website it says they are offering tours all year.

>Also remember that if you only have an American passport you're not allowed to go.
ftfy
>>
>>2659428
I've been there with Koryo. They know their shit, everything went smoothly. By all means go with them if you can afford it. It's not like you get much of a choice when going to the DPRK, you take what you can get for tours.
>>
>>2659456
>You sure? Because on the koryo tours website it says they are offering tours all year.
The website literally says it's still closed and they will let people know as soon as it opens. The link in the OP says it.
>>
>>2659428

I think it's fucking insane to even consider it if you're an american. Even if you do everything right, you run the risk of being framed to be used as a geopolitical pawn.

Same thing with Russia these days. I'd go basically anywhere else before those two countries as an american.
>>
File: 1697299257673360.jpg (148 KB, 1365x2048)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Been there ten times. You never go outside Pyongyang but otherwise it's pretty fun, the Pyongyang marathon is by far the best highlight and one of the only times you can be there without your tour guide up your ass.
>>
>>2660266
>You never go outside Pyongyang
Wut. Yes you do. Lots.
>>
>>2659428
I have a friend who went there when she was a kid (her parents are slightly eccentric, it seems) but she doesn't remember much
>>
>>2660263
you have zero clue what you're talking about lol. I am sorry you live in fear. I know you are one of many victims of fear mongering.
>>
>>2660263
american can't go so they can't even consider going

>>2660266
You went there 10 times and never went outside Pyongyang? You sound full of shit or are really dumb.

>>2659428
I went in 2019 with Uritour. I remember prefering Uritour over Koryo because Uritour was staying at 3 different hotels so there was less time wasted on the bus.
I stayed 5 nights and really enjoyed it.
>>
>>2660266
are you allowed to take pictures? is there a procedure for asking what you want to take pictures of
>>
>>2659456
NOTICE: The North Korean border is currently closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Please check COVID-19 & North Korea for updated information. NO Tours to North Korea (DPRK) will be taking place until the border is open again. The tours below are planned departure dates but until the country is open to tourists again all tours will remain suspended.
>>
>>2661252
From the Uritour guide they sent me:

As a rule of thumb, the photography/video rules are as follows:
● Do not take photos of the military (soldiers, installations, checkpoints, military
vehicles)
● Do not take photos of construction sites
● When you want to take a picture of (or with) a local Korean, ask permission from
that person first
● When taking photos of monuments, portraits or artworks of the Great Leaders,
capture the entire monument, portrait or artwork in its entirety (eg. no cut off
limbs)
● There will be times when you are not permitted to take pictures from the car or
bus
● Always ask your guides first when in doubt, and their decision is final
>>
>>2659456
>Yeah I'll just lie to them, they totes won't assume I'm a spy. Lol guis you caught me, sure our nations are technically still at war but you won't hold that against me, right?
>>
>>2660266
Is it true that chinese and russian tourists allowed to visit other places? i have seen some yt video about russians visiting beach and other rural small towns near their border with nk.
>>
>>2663571
It's the American government that prohibits travel to North Korea to Americans, not the North Koreans.
The only restrictions the Koreans put on the Americans was that they had to fly in and out and one "homestay village" was off-limits to them for overnight stays.
>>2663578
Tourists can go to other places, provided you requested that on the itinerary.
>>
>>2659428
https://rumble.com/vkpa21-the-best-lin-wood-speech.html
>>
>>2659428
Take some propaganda posters from the hotel as a souvenir. They are free for the tourists
>>
>>2663578
they have different travel agencies iirc. The chinese for example might be more relaxed with koreans in taking pictures since they're allies and all and a lot of chinese businessmen are involved in the dprk. Same with Russians

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.