[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: georgianchild.png (250 KB, 699x478)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
Is there a business/economy/finance simulator that lets you grow from one dude or so to a massive megacorporation? Something like Mount and Blade, but for money and not horse.
>>
>>1757482
Big Ambitions
>>
>>1757482
Just have mother in IBM board of directors.
>>
>>1757482
Game dev tycoon and its spinoffs?
>>
>>1757529
They never really scale in the way that I feel would be fun. I'm talking like EU4 or Victoria 2, but businesses. Business grand strategy, maybe?
>>
>>1757482
Software Inc. sort of does that.
>>
If you're starting with one person, then, you're usually sticking with relatively, few people. In Mad Games Tycoon 1 and 2 you eventually reach a couple hundred employees, but not sure if that qualifies as a megacorporation. GearCity has you be a car tycoon, with well-populated factories, but you never see any of the employees, nor yourself.
>>
The Guild 2.
>>
>>1757482
Daily reminder that William Henry Gates III didn't dropped out of Harvard, he'd quit wasting time and money at the most overrated uni ever because there was nothing new he could learn in there.
Also both him and Steve Ballmer have toured Epstein's cunny island on multiple occasions
>>
>>1763647
You don't go to Harvard to learn when you're smart; you go there to become part of the McKinsey octopus or private equity.
>>
>>1757537
https://store.steampowered.com/app/896160/Evil_Bank_Manager/
>>
>>1764337
Thank you. I will definitely have to check this one out, because it looks like it suffers from the mid-game crash of all grand strategy games. That means it has to be good. Either that or it's another Civ for me.
>>
>>1763647
Which in a nutshell means dropping out?
>>
>>1764562
Anon means it as "wasn't smart enough to stay = dropping out." He's trying to imply Gates was smart. So smart that he learned that it was easier to build on other's work, but that's a whole other story.
>>
>>1764577
Whose work was he bootstrapping?
>>
>>1764789
Xerox/Parc. Although the whole story is complicated with Gates & Jobs' own innovation & vision definitely there in the process (so not really thieves as many people call them), and also much the fault of Xerox's incompetent management. Either way in the end it started Jobs (Apple) and Gates' (Windows) rivalry.
>>
>>1765024
Gates also bootstrapped Lotus, and the Mac was a step up from IBM (but only in making stuff cool). I think most people only criticize them because they enclosed their own disruptive innovators and became complacent and arrogant, not because they're thieves. We're all thieves in software; they just tried to stop the good times.

I feel like any of the true entrepreneurs of today will understand that you shouldn't try to stop others from disrupting your shit just so you can have all of the money involved with that, because that tyranny stops the development and contravention that brings us forward. Better to be a nice band of program mercenaries in one specific field than to become the lord of a domain.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.