[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I wish there were more transit of this kind however barebones it would have to be in the US. I was running the numbers on operating a private shuttle between two small cities that the local transit agencies seems to have no desire to connect, and even in the worst case scenario of expensive insurance and low ridership, I could make a modest living off of a running a twice-daily 30 mile long service that stops in all the small towns and villages along the way. Maybe this is all just completely obsolete in this day and age but I can't imagine anything more kino than living in a cozy hamlet and riding into the city over the country roads in one of these, stopping at the center of one stoplight towns and not interstate park and rides.
>>
File: soyface.png (1.05 MB, 1104x762)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
And before you snicker at the suggestion that the humble 14 pax shuttle can be transit, please consider 14 pax shuttle, Japan
>>
>>1996437
I wish we had these micro buses again. 20 seats, the back is low-entry which can be accessed with stollers or wheelchairs, trunk underneath has ample space for some luggage.

Too bad regulations say you must use large, 40ft long buses in transit nowadays except the roads are windy and tiny like in Switzerland.

Either standard 40ft, standard articulated ones or get a permission to use something like a 13-seater.
>>
Optare Solo Gang
>>
>>1996437
IIRC the town of Lindsay in Ontario, Canada uses the bus in you op pic for their bus network. Only recently having maybe adopted 1 larger bus. It's been a while since I lived there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.