[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: toyota86.jpg (116 KB, 768x512)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Really want to get one of these second hand as a daily driver.

>it's slow!

Don't care. I don't drive fast anyway. Any other reasons I shouldn't get one?
>>
>>27627479
Nice blogpost, its slow, ugly, and you look like a fag to all women. Get owned by a 3k motorcycles retard
>>
>>27627479
>I don't drive fast anyway
why the hell would you want a sports car, then. you could go the speed limit around traffic in any car. you're just paying more for insurance, gas, and tires for nothing.
>>
>>27627493
it's fun, which is a concept half this board can't seem to wrap their mind around
>>
>>27627479
They're going to be very expensive right now.
>>
>>27627501
how is it more fun to drive the speed limit in traffic in this car vs any other shitbox?
>>
>>27627502
I got mine for 8k, 105k mi, manual, with service receipts this past october. Clean title but dents and dings.
>>
>>27627501
if you're never going to drive a car to its limits then you'd be better served by a different car that costs less, takes less time and effort to maintain, and gets better gas mileage.
The ONLY reason to get a sports car if you don't plan on driving fast is because you think it loooks nice, and even then most people would classify an 86 as a "sporty" hairdresser car
If you're going to buy one anyway then go ahead, just don't expect to get more compliments than jokes + snide remarks
>>
It's a great car if you accept it for what it is, a Miata with backseats and a trunk. Look at the 190 post thread on the 86 here. Half of this board hates the car because they hate everything that isn't a 500hp V8.

>>27627531
How do you like it? Is it worth the hype?
>>
It wont scratch the itch youre after. If you daily it power and sound becomes much more important since your time is spent in traffic. I prefer the kinds of cars where the decision of allowing lane switching is placed on the owner powerful sports car.
>>
>>27627533
The 86/frs/brz is exactly the same as the old Trueno/GTS. It's a basic econobox, with a cam, and RWD. That's exactly why I bought mine, I was going to buy a Corolla but I saw an FRS for the same price/mileage as the Corolla I was looking at.
>>
>>27627533
>>27627482
Normies LITERALLY don't know what a fast car is. A 86/BRZ looks fast so to them it might as well be a Ferrari. They're not autistic 4chan auto board benchracers who have every laptime and 0-60 memorized. Most normies also think Ninja 300s are the same as the ZX6R.
>>
>>27627537
It's worth it if you're deciding between, say, an FRS or a Civic Si. It fits very well in that role of a car you can both go to the track with minimal prep work, and daily drive with no problems.

Also, RWD at a reasonable price. Satisfactory!
>>
>>27627546
If you buy an 86 because you want to win races against actual sports cars, you did something wrong in the first place.
>>
>>27627546
>Normies LITERALLY don't know what a fast car is.
yea they do. everyone is aware how fast teslas are. even little girls can name "tesla" when i ask them to think of a fast car.
>>
>>27627552
If you buy an 86 because you want to impress other people, you also did something wrong in the first place.
>>
>>27627552
you buy a 86 to help with the dilation, xir

literally all brz drivers look like trannies, no joke. must be a phenotype
>>
>>27627479
If you can find one that's unmolested, I'd say go for it.
BR86s is the current day 240sx. They're going to be worth a decent amount of money in the next 10-20 years. I'd actually bet closer to 10 than 20 because they aren't getting any real successors since everything from here on out is going to be hybrids or neutered turbos.
>>
>>27627606
kek you again. did a brz driver fuck your girl? you still havent posted your engine bay dalit
>>
>>27627604
If you buy ANY car for the strict purpose of impressing people you did something wrong, but especially an 86
>>
>>27627682
true, but if you wanted a car that you enjoyed for any reason other than looks (and i don't even think it looks good) then i don't know why you'd get an 86
>>
>>27627762
>For the same price, why would anyone choose a RWD manual car over a FWD car?

Hmm, I wonder why.
>>
>>27627771
won't make a difference if you "don't drive fast" to begin with. how are you ever going to notice understeer vs oversteer? it just seems like something a poser would care about. you're no different than people who buy a truck but never haul anything.
>>
File: my car.jpg (1.58 MB, 4000x3000)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>27627479
Right, GR86 owner here. Used car market for these things are monkey-aids. Might as well buy it new. I think I looked between a base 2022 and a premium 2024 and the price difference was 5 grand. Some of the used cars are in-fact more expensive because there was such a long wait for specific orders that people just went to the used car market to find the car they liked. Oh, and also from rumors, this will be the last naturally aspirated GR86, 2025 is supposedly going to be a 3 inline turbo hybrid (but in a good way)
>>
>>27627533
>just don't expect to get more compliments than jokes + snide remarks
LMFAO. by fucking who? the millions of minimum wage workers that wish they afford a car made after 2010? middle age family men that enjoy the idea of a 2door coupe but can't fit one into their life anymore?

this is why /o/'s opinion is the most worthless. nothing but bitter, cynical clout chasing crabs
>>
>>27627776
>muh you don't drive fast!!!

Anon, I go to the track 2x a year and autocross whenever there's events.
May I ask why you're having this temper tantrum?
>>
>>27627787
read the OP
>>
>>27627801
OP is a different person than me. You were having a temper tantrum towards me, not OP.

How would you have felt if you didn't eat breakfast this morning?
>>
>>27627816
>OP is a different person than me.
then why are you responding on his behalf, dumb nigger? the whole reason this comment chain started is because of him.
>>
>>27627816
if you're genuinely not OP, you've taken the car for a spirited drive, and like the way it handles, then go for it
these cars may be unpopular for good reason but you're allowed to enjoy it in spite of that
>>
>>27627776
you can literally do slow motion drifts around large intersections in an 86. A disabled baby can drift an 86
>>
File: Snapchat-369104502.jpg (1.09 MB, 1080x1920)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>27627479
If you don't drive fast, this thing is worse than a Honda Accord. Get some boring cuckmobile like that.

>>27627501
If you're having the fun driving the speed limit then you're probably going to have fun in any car. Most of us can't relate but I guess congratulations on needing less speed than the rest of us for fun.
>>27627537
Hating a car that calls itself a sports car yet is as slow as regular traffic is the morally correct stance. We will not apologize for that.
>>
>>27627838
nobody does that shit in traffic.
>>
>>27627504
>>27627849
Not everyone has a shitty bumper to bumper traffic commute like you.
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (77 KB, 1200x952)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>27627847
>slow as regular traffic

Then what's your opinion on these? They were slow brand new. 1/4 mile in 16.8-17 and 0-60 in 8.9 seconds. A DSM mogged the fuck out of them and was usually 2.5 seconds faster for both numbers.

>>27627849
You can do that in traffic with a Miata or a 86 because they're easy to oversteer and extremely controllable. It's one of the easiest cars to drive.
>>
>>27627871
>>27627873
so post yourselves doing it. i've seen hundreds of these shitboxes and not a single one of them has "pulled a sicc skid m8" in any intersection, lmao.
>>
>>27627823
>temper tantrum because you can't read
How would you have felt if you didn't eat breakfast this morning?

>>27627827
>go for it
Anon, I've owned it for nearly a year now. It's only a bad car if you expect it to be something it isn't. What it is, is a basic economy car but RWD.

Which is exactly what the Trueno/GTS was. Isn't that just a shocker?
>>
>>27627873
Yeah I don't like Miatas either. I drove my friend's 1996 a few years ago. Ho Lee Shitt that thing is all noise and no movement. Grandma slow at full throttle. They're like the four-wheel version of a rebel 250. Suitable for a beginner, ideal for teaching all of the fundamentals save for those related to throttle input, but so limited as to be unenjoyable for anyone with moderate experience.
>>
>>27627881
Because only retards do it where there are other people present you could hit (or that might be karens willing to call the cops on you), see the dipshits doing intersection takeovers. I wait until it's empty to do stupid shit like sliding the rear end around.
>>
>>27627888
it's not a shocker because that's exactly what it is, but people like OP keep overestimating its specs + capabilities
also your general passive aggresive tone in this thread is peculiar, it's almost like your compensating for something but I can't put my finger on exactly what that could be
>>
>>27627910
>desperately trying to make some personal insult but can't
Geez, I knew you were below me, but I didn't think it was that bad. I'm not gonna get into the bucket with you, Mr. Krabs.

>muh aggressive tone!
If you were dealing with retards all day erry day like I do, you'd be annoyed too.

You still haven't answered my question btw, how would you have felt if you hadn't eaten breakfast this morning?
>>
>>27627934
but I did eat breakfast this morning retard. and the 86 is still slow
>>
>>27628019
Answer the question.
How would you have felt if you HADN'T eaten breakfast?
>>
>>27628036
nta but i skip breakfast pretty frequently and it's nbd as long as i have an early lunch. also i like the 86 i think it's a cutie patootie
>>
>>27628036
youre doing it wrong
>>
>>27627479
>Any other reasons I shouldn't get one?
gets smoked by a fiat 500 off the line
less trunk space than a fiat 500
less space for occupants than a fiat 500
torque dip
sounds like ass
shit engine
>>
why are you even asking retards on /o/? either buy it or don't
>>
>>27630599
not asking the experts on /o/ before making an important car buying decision is setting yourself up for buyer's remorse.
>>
Come back after months to /o/ because of the 86 hate and the firat thing I see is an 86 hate thread… you are all a bunch of fucking busrider faggots, im off again…
>>
>>27627479
Second-hand prices in the US are retarded and they’re all abused. Plus the new generation are way better. Buy a new, base model instead.
>>
>>27630896
sneed about it
t. brz owner who isnt a pussy
>>
I think theyr fine cars but I would want the Gr.
>>
>>27627553
>this guy's notion of "fast" is the same as that of little girls and redditors
pathetic and embarrassing and ngmi

>>27627838
what do you call drifting?
>>
speed: fastest 4cyl econobox
price: premium luxury econobox
reliability: maybe slightly better than a korean car

verdict: ugly, slow, gay
>>
How the fuck did Subaru make a 2L that gets worse mileage than a Chevy v8
>>
>>27631815
https://youtu.be/OHG9MyZ5uLU?si=9tMjmNoQ_JqXTtq7
look how easy it is to get the rear out. gt86 is the easiest car to break traction ever. It's also easy as fuck to control. Just full lock, press throttle, release clutch, hold the wheel at lock (don't need to long becaust it will immediately begin to slide), countersteer as its letting go and then let the wheel slide back to center. Retards talking about launching themselves at 90 mph in a fwd are retards, and pulling the e brake isn't drifing
>>
>>27633490
forgot gif as well, the car is on ice skates from the factory. You can put it into a slide at 20 mph
>>
>>27627479
The reason why is that you will cause a i4 camaro spic to seethe constantly for multiple years
>>
>>27633430
Which Chevy v8 gets 36mpg at 70mph cruise? Mine hardly breaks 30 flat
>>
File: gr86 mpg.png (41 KB, 195x462)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>27633573
what poobaru gets 30 mpg?
>>
>>27633913
Mine does, I get 34-36mpg crusing at 70mph and 27 city from my 2013. But mine's an FRS which is a Scion, and Scion is Toyota so it's automatically better than the BRZ, trust.
>>
>>27633930
FRS has a less powerful engine than the GR models.
>>
>>27627479
I had one for 6 years, I loved it man I had tons of fun it taught me alot about driving. I must have gotten lucky cause I put 140k hard kilometers on her and had 0 issues.
>>
>>27633967
You said 2L, subaru engine, and that's what my car has. So I told you about my 36mpg 2L subaru engine, and now you're whining. Why?

If you meant to say 2.4, that's fine, just apologize and say you made a mistake. Although the 2.4s still get well over the 22mpg rating you posted.
>>
File: GR86 Engne.jpg (184 KB, 1080x877)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>27634085
>but my underpowered cucked variant gets better mpgs~
still inefficient garbage that blows up on track use either way.
>>
>>27633492
Are they still using Prius tires on the new gen?
>>
>>27634284
on the base model yeah
>>
I have a Neptune blue in the premium trim and I’ve had nothing but compliments from people of all ages. I tailgated by faggots in base trim BMWs from like 2015 and chargers always try to do stupid shit around me. I’m convinced these hate threads all are 4 cylinder camaro and poor spec bmw drivers.
>>
>>27634283

That dude was a tard. The car flashed every warning light it had at him telling him to stop and he kept trying to race the damn thing till he trashed the engine. Not only that he filmed himself doing it and then wondered why the warranty didn't cover it.
>>
>>27634283
>inefficient
36mpg in a RWD car isn't inefficient, anon

>blows up if you abuse it like a retard
But anon, you missed one important detail, unlike you I'm not retarded. So mine doesn't blow up on the track.

>moving the goalposts
Anon, you've already proven you're retarded, you don't need to keep convincing me.
>>
>>27634485
>36mpg in a RWD car isn't inefficient, anon
it is if it has to be underpowered to do it. the GR doesn't get that mileage whilst trying to make competitive power.
>Just don't be retarded and make right turns and it won't blow up
lmao.
>moving the goalpost
where? you haven't even posted proof of the original goal.
>>
>>27627479
Because the Miata is better and the engine won’t blow up at 100K miles.
>>
>>27634552
on /o/ a naturally aspirated 2.4 4cyl making 100hp/liter is underpowered
>>
>>27627479
no foot room for drivers side rear seat passenger, but the main reason to avoid is the engine and its arcane gasket requirements.
>my only actual objection is how ugly the facelift is
>>
>>27634743
but the 2.4 doesn't get anywhere close to 36 mpg>>27633913
>>
>>27634284
depends on brand/trim. my premium toyota came with pilot sport 4s, and I hear about a lot of people downgrading to make losing the rear easier
>>
>>27634552
>36mpg is only 36mpg when it meets some arbitrary other criteria
MPG is MPG anon.

>implying it takes anything more than not being retarded to keep your engine alive
Spoken like a retard. Like I said, mine is fine on the track because I'm not retarded.

>pretending you didn't move the goalposts
Anon, you set the goalpost at "better mpg than a chevy v8". My car clearly exceeds that.

You are wrong, and any further comment that isn't "I'm sorry for being retarded in your presence, Your Excellence" will be an admission that you are a redditor.
>>
>>27634793
>MPG is MPG anon.
doesn't exist, though, and you've still haven't posted any proof of such.
>implying it takes anything more than not being retarded to keep your engine alive
yea it does, like not designing a piece of shit to begin with. and you are retarded.
>you set the goalpost at "better mpg than a chevy v8"
that wasn't mine, and it doesn't get better MPG than a chevy V8, either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNIZ25eBMco
even your most generous claim, isn't better than this.

Stay BTFO.
>>
>>27634912
Thank you for admitting that you're a redditor. I'm so glad to hear that you're not only a retard, you're subhuman trash.
>>
>>27634912
Also, I decided to read this just for kicks, and WTF anon? I knew you were retarded, but this goes above and beyond.

>MPG doesn't exist
Yes it does anon, it's a standard measurement of fuel economy.

>it's hard to keep an engine alive!
As we've discussed multiple times, this is because you're a retard. For me it's no issue at all, because I am not retarded.

>look at this heavily modified car! it gets slightly better mpg than your completely stock one!
Kill yourself immediately for having the audacity to make such a retarded argument.

Again, anon, I know that you being subhuman retarded trash makes you extremely jealous of me, but I need you to understand that getting mad about it isn't a solution. It just makes everyone around aware of your subhuman retard "intelligence".
>>
>>27635494
Hit 7,000 miles in my turrbah moozda and the mpg has jumped up by 3 since new. Feels good mang
>>
>>27635494
>Yes it does anon, it's a standard measurement of fuel economy.
No, your claim doesn't exist. thanks for proving your a retarded nigger who can't read, though.
>it's hard to keep an engine alive!
if its a poorly designed piece of shit, yea it is.
>look at this heavily modified car!
but anon, "MPG is MPG" remember? you fucking retard.
>>
>>27627778
Nice whip. Could you send an interior pic?
>>
File: 20230101_142312.jpg (1.75 MB, 4000x3000)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>27636065
not that guy obviously but this ones mine. my favorite thing about this car, even more than the manual transmission -- no ipad on the dash
>>
>>27636101
>no ipad on the dash
Agreed, it's so infantile and otherwise plain distracting. Physical buttons are perfectly fine, hell they're better since your controls aren't locked away behind several layers of virtual abstraction, and the immediate feedback is tactile, fucking stupid.

Anyways nice car, looks sick. How much did you pay for it, and how've you found the acceleration and speed to be, and fuel economy? Thinking of getting one myself sometime down the road, maybe the turbo inline three I keep hearing about, though I imagine the fuel efficiency isn't going to be particularly great on that model. Understandable, ig it's supposed to be more of a 'luxury' indulgence purchase track car than daily.
>>
>>27636101
Oh and also, how do you like the transmission/shifting?
>>
>>27636234
clutch is sim tier light
shifter feel is breddy gud. above average, but it's probably not gonna blow your mind.
>>
>>27636002
>my claim doesn't exist.
But anon, it does. I clearly made the claim in this post: >>27633930
I'm sorry you're too retarded to read.

Are you trying to say "it isn't true"? Because "you didn't make the claim" and "it isn't true" are two seperate things, anon. If you weren't retarded you'd know that, because that is basic English.

>i'm too retarded to keep from blowing my engine!
Anon, how many times do I have to repeat this?
It's only a problem for retards, like you. As I am not retarded, it is not a problem for me.

Also, anon, your beloved Chevy v8 has oiling problems of its own. But we both know you've never wrenched, nor do you actually own a car, so I guess it would be unfair

>temper tantrum because I called the retard out for comparing modded to stock
You said "36mpg doesn't count cuz I said so!!!"
I said "You are comparing a heavily modified car to a completely stock one, which is not an equal comparison."
Yes or no, are you claiming that you are genuinely so addled that you cannot discern the difference between those two?

Your choices at this point are
>admit you are so addled that you cannot understand the very simple words I'm saying to you
>post suicide video
>continue your temper tantrum

The only way to save your dignity is option A, the best option for us is B, but we all know you're going to keep having a temper tantrum. You just can't help begging for my attention, can you? Who's a retarded little puppy that needs Daddy's attention? You are! You are!

If you respond, I will accept that as admitting you're an insane retarded gay fetishist who loves begging for attention on car boards by having temper tantrums.
>>
>>27636412
>. I clearly made the claim in this post
yea, and the evidence for it doesn't exist. its just a claim.
>It's only a problem for retards
no its a problem for people who are retarded enough to buy and defend garbage designs like yourself.
>your beloved Chevy v8 has oiling problems of its own
still more reliable than any subaru shit.
>You said "36mpg doesn't count cuz I said so!!!"
and you're saying the same thing, remember, "MPG is MPG" right, you retarded fucking nigger? did you not say that? maybe want to walk back your dumbass statement.

imagine writing this long ass wall of text, too, just to say mostly nothing. kys, nigger.
>>
>>27636432
>admits he's an insane retarded gay fetishist who loves begging for attention on car boards by having temper tantrums

I wouldn't be admitting that if I were you, anon.
>>
>>27636443
stop inserting me into your deviant art fetishes.
>>
>>27636229
>>27636234
Paid 36.5k otd for the premium, I live in NJ. No regrets at all, first new car I've owned and it feels good being the first owner. It's my only car and daily. Shifting is very easy as the other anon said, car feels great to drive. Clutch is very light and forgiving. 2nd gear feels clunky in the classic subaru way but it's nitpicking. Steering is light and sharp. It likes to oversteer but is very controllable at the limit. It won't snap on you unless you do something dumb in the rain, the amount it wants to let go depends on how deep you push the throttle, so it almost encourages you to learn how to steer with the throttle. The gas is ok, it's not great, I drive like an ape and get 26 average. I do a lot of city driving. On highway I've heard people claim up to 30. If I drove like a grandma I could maybe get 27. It takes premium too which is a bitch. It could be my driving style, I do like revving it out and the car pulls the hardest at around 4-5k
Where I live its a fun car, lots of tight roads, lots of twisty driving roads, lots of traffic. Turbo i3 might serve you better if you live somewhere like the midwest or texas, but that car is just a rumor right now
>>
>>27636450
But anon, you said so yourself. You were the one begging me for attention by having temper tantrums on a car board.

Don't project your fetish onto me, you insane retarded gay fetishist who loves begging for attention on car boards by having temper tantrums. I don't consent to your fetish.
>>
>>27627533
>The ONLY reason to get a sports car if you don't plan on driving fast is because
Stopped reading here
A sports car is more fun to drive normally than a normal car
More steering and brake feedback
Lower ride height and seating position
More responsive engine
>>
>>27634283
>blows at 19k miles
At least it wasn't a C7 Z06 blowing up with only three/four digits on the odo, or as little as 9 miles from the dealership
>>
>>27636541
But but but, the insane gay retarded fetishist said that no GM v8 has ever had problems! Are you saying that a gay insane retarded fetishist, was wrong?
>>
>>27636541
>at least it wasn't a car that made 3 times the horsepower
i mean, congrats, shitbaru, you made a slightly more reliable engine than a 650 HP one. still far less reliable than GM's other V8s.
>>
>>27636454
>>27636640
t. deviant art masturbator
>>
>>27636650
>slightly more reliable
>blows up at 9 miles
Anon, my car is at 110,000 miles vs the vette which blows at 9 miles.
My FRS is 12,000 times more reliable than the vette.

Also, my car is infinity times more reliable than yours, because you don't have a car.
>>
>>27636651
Anon, I already said I don't consent to your fetish. Please stop trying to pressure me into participating in your fetish.

Nobody on this car board wants to participate in your fetish.
>>
File: IMG_1315.jpg (3.03 MB, 3500x2625)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>27636652
>Anon, my car is at 110,000 miles
but some boomers z06 made it to 100k miles so the others don't count.
>My FRS is 12,000 times more reliable than the vette.
the boomers z06 is infinitely more reliable than this>>27634283 shitty poobaru engine that makes 3 times less power.

what car have you even posted again?
>>
>>27636656
you don't consent to my fetish, you consent to whatever fags happen to be on deviant art late at night.
>>
>>27636676
I don't consent to any fetish you are talking about. Stop trying to force your fetish on people on a car board. It is disgusting.
>>
>>27636674
Am I supposed to be impressed by your dingy Mitsubishi?

>the boomers z06
The boomer's z06 blew up at 9 miles. 110k is 12,000 times that. I'm sorry you're wrong, but having a temper tantrum won't change anything.

Also, your car doesn't exist, so your car has gone 0 miles. Which makes my FRS infinity times more reliable than you.

Again, I'm sorry you're wrong and also retarded, but having a temper tantrum won't change that.
>>
>>27636714
12,222+2/9 times actually :)
nta
>>
>>27636721
True, but I wanted to have a nice round number because the insane gay retarded fetishist (IGRF for short) might not be able to understand what 12,222 and 2/9ths means.

Also, as my car is working (because I'm not a retard unlike IGRF) that number continues to climb.
>>
>>27636726
good for you anon, good for you.
>>
>>27636714
>>27636726
>still doesn't post car
lol
>>
>>27636735
Why would I post my car? So you can have an insane, gay retarded fetish about it, too?

No thanks, I don't let insane retarded fetishists jack off to my car.

I'd tell you to post your Chevro-Legs, but I don't exactly want to see your coom stains.
>>
>>27636738
>t. doesn't have an FRS because it blew up before 20k miles and he became a chronic deviant masturbator afterwards
>>
>>27636772
Being wrong on purpose doesn't make people laugh, anon. It's just stupid.

My FRS is still going at 110k, and you are the IGRF, not me.

Please take your fetish somewhere else, and please stay carless- you aren't mentally fit to do any more than ride the bus.
>>
>>27636674
This is what FRSBRZ haters actually drive

Holy fuck these niggas are embarrassing
>>
>>27636801
better than the bus that the poobaru niggers drive. because their shitbox broke so they can't post it while its in the repair shop.
>>
>>27636821
I am going to save your post and repost it whenever someone talks about how much they hate FRS BRZs
>>
>>27636886
>i am going to show people that anyone who talks shit about my favorite car actually has one, and those who defend it ride the bus
not exactly going to help your point, but go ahead.
>>
>>27636821
I realized I outgrew my beloved Boobaru when it got to the point where I was wrenching on it every weekend. She made it 25 years and 231k miles, so she was donated last week to a veterans charity.
I will find another but I'm thinking a 1st generation Forester or the manual XT if I can score one.
>>
BRZ > 86
>>
>mutts talking about going fast
kek
>>
>>27636917
>euromutt coping about being slow
Pathetic.
>>
>>27636801
Wait, is that shitty mitsubishi what the fetishist drives??? I thought it was a Google Image, holy hell you can't make this shit up!

A gay retarded insane fetishist that drives a dinged up Mitsubishi crossover and has jealousy tantrums over a toyota that you can buy used for under 10k...

The fetishist has to be trolling, right? Right?
>>
>>27637195
Crossover is generous, more like the cheapest car they sell brand new with a whole 78 horsepower no steering feel completely devoid of any driving excitement and a 1/4 mile time that makes a 86 look like a hypercar. I guess he's right in the sense it's better than taking a bus but I don't think he realizes everybody here owns a sports car if they care about driving.
>>
Can I afford this shit off 42k a year
>>
>>27637210
Wait, is it that Mirage hatchback? Oh my lordy, I saw one of those at an autoshow and I looked at one out of sheer morbid curiosity, it felt like a 1995 corolla while somehow costing $20k.

Holy hell man, the neckbeard
who's trying to rip on my car drives THAT
>>
>>27637195
>>27637210
>>27637241
>busriders who can't post any car trying to make fun of actual car owners on a car board
lol
>>
>>27636451
Adding to this anon, I get around 26-27 driving in mixed city/hwy driving somewhat conservatively. Interstate driving I can get 33-34 staying near 70mph, but the manuals obviously lack the taller gears so that number drops quickly past 80. Definitely a fun car to get loose around corners and drive hard without worrying about losing control.
Much like the actual car owners say, don't mind the persistent hate for these cars just because it doesn't check EVERY box on the mythical /o/tist perfect car list. It's a great car without needing to worry about breakdowns every 20,000 miles.
>>
>>27637262
>gay fetishist who drives a dinged up Mitsubishi Mirage trying to speak to us humans

Go back to your mom's basement, Mitsubishi tard.
>>
>>27637288
NTA, but if you actually have one why are you so adverse to posting it?
>>
>>27637387
I don't post for fetishists. No one outside of the fetishist has asked.
>>
>>27636451
>>27637275
Thanks for the responses guys, glad you like your vehicles. I'll take a more serious look at it then. Shame about the fuel efficiency (or lack thereof), but I guess you can't have it all, otherwise sounds like a great lifestyle vehicle. Happy to hear it's been mechanically reliable too.
>>
Lack of oil
>>
>>27634440
You are a tard. Gay simp. A car shouldn't blow up like that
>>
>>27627479
If you dont drive fast, then theres no point to buy a sporty car like GT86. In addition to paying more insurance, gas you get less comfort with more stiff suspension, less cushy seats. Combine this stiff drive with low profile tires you will feel potholes, bumps pretty hard to your feet, butt and back.
>>
>>27627493
low iq like 99% of """car guys"""
>>
>>27637474
Then I guess the Camaro, Corvette, Evo, RX-7, Mustang, Charger/Challenger, 350z, Veloster, Civic Si, Celica, Supra, 4.0 Jeeps, Fiero, etc etc etc shouldn't exist.
>>
>>27627838
>>27627849
I saw this Instagram reel at work and thought about this thread

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6oodxDR2ZU/

Here, a bone stock 86 drifting effortlessly
>>
>>27627479
>Really want to get one of these second hand as a daily driver.
They're a fun drive, if you primarily use back-roads/b-roads near you that are relatively free of traffic you'll enjoy it. As a commuter in heavy traffic they're not really worth it, no worse than any other 'performance' car out there mind you.

You don't have to drive fast to enjoy a car, a narrow twisty road has it's own kind of thrill.
>>
>>27627546
>A 86/BRZ looks fast so to them it might as well be a Ferrari.
You’re delusional. 86fags are the most pathetic cucks on this board
>>
>>27638473
But it's true. The average person doesn't know jack about how fast cars are, so the second they see one it's "omg a lowish car with 2 doors! it must be fast!"
>>
>>27638473
he's not delusional at all. go drive an 86 and you'll lose count of how many normies try to stop light race you.
>>
>>27638450
>I saw this Instagram
go back
>>
>>27638915
No

I'm going to put your post on /o/ posts of Instagram
>>
>>27636906
maybe last gen, but this gen 86>brz
>>
Too expensive desu
>>
>>27637215
No
>>
My friend swapped out his GT86 for a second gen MR2 and he really misses it.
Unfortunate for him that the new owner got the car t-boned into an U around a lightpole, that must hurt.
>>
ugly, gay

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.