[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I drive a Model 3. If I disconnect the low speed noisemaker speaker thing what are the potential consequences? Say the unthinkable happens and I run over a blind guy can he sue me saying that the lack of noise contributed to the crash? I see no precedent for this after a quick search.
>>
>>27633329
Nice M3
>>
depends, does the blind guy have a jewish lawyer?
>>
After a few weeks I got used to the reverse noise maker and I actually like it. Sounds like an alien spaceship from a 1950s movie.
>>
>>27633329
doesn't matter if the noise is on or not, you're fucked either way if you run over a person.
>>
>>27633473
Knowingly disabling a safety device and then running someone over can get you in way hotter water tho
>>
>>27633329
I'd be extremely surprised if the car didn't shit itself, throw an error code, and refuse to move if it detects the noise maker is disconnected. You'd probably have to throw a fake load across the wires or do some software fuckery to make that happen.
>>
Are Teslas so poorly insulated that you can hear the low speed noise maker from inside the car?
>>
>>27634086
I would assume it plays through the interior speakers too as a reminder to the driver that they are in reverse.
>>
>>27634087
I drive an electric BMW and my car doesn't play anything inside, I also can't hear the sound it plays outside either
>>
>>27633329
Pls just change it to something cool
t. Visually retarded anon
>>
>>27633329
>I drive a Model 3
You're gay
>>
>>27634086
Yes you can hear it from inside the car.
t. I get a lot of them in for alignments because there's a Tesla certified body shop down the street from me
>>
>>27634656
>get a lot of them in for alignments
Before or after they hit blind pedestrians? Asking for a friend but this is very important.
>>
>>27633679
Is the thing a legally required component for vehicles in your area?

If the answer is no it does not matter in the slightest and nobody will even bother thinking about it. You're still going to jail for running over a blind guy though.
>>
>>27634200
Personal question. Do you ever mistake Sakis for Lillys?
>>
>>27634762
>Is the thing a legally required component for vehicles in your area?
Yeah, it's the same as disconnecting the beeper off a forklift = major not-fun time if found out
>>
>>27633329
yes, intentionally defeating a safety device intended to make your vehicle's presence known to pedestrians would be willful negligence at best.
>>
>>27634086
The low speed noise is a very low roar/white noise, you don't hear it from the inside, and even outside you'd hardly know it was artificially made instead of just normal wind and tires rolling. The backup UFO noise you can hear from inside because it's much louder and distinctive for obvious reasons.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.