[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711204371623740.jpg (278 KB, 1600x1157)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Why do photo shooters HATE motion blur so much?

Motion blur is what accentuates the MOTION, duhhh, how else would you know your subject is in motion??? The human eye is at 360 degrees shutter speed all the time.

I do video most of the time. I keep the shutter speed between 180 to 360 degrees, if the scene exceeds the speed of the lens, I'll have no choice but to raise it. But if the scene is too bright, I'll use a VND filter to keep it at 180.

>but muh shakes
>just buy a gimbal rather than a fast lens

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1157
>>
>>4312689
And where exactly is the motion blur in this fine piece of stock photography? Water and wine man, water and wine.
>>
>>4312691
bcause the subject isn't moving, why would there be motion blur?
If you shoot a moving car, it looks like they're still, there's osmething wrong with you
>>
>>4312689
It's generally aesthetically unpleasant, even if done on purpose
>>
>>4312692
your one job was to post a pic of blur that you think looks good to make your case. But instead you're just a rambling retard
>>
>>4312689
Because reality scanning and communicating feeling are two different things
>>
I think the worst are shutter speeds that are slow, but not quite slow enough that make moving things seem like soft or unfocused instead of having proper blur

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.