[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Photo Example 001.jpg (681 KB, 2368x1770)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
have been getting really back into photography lately using my old Pen-1 Micro Camera but I have seen this little pinkish red dot appearing on every other photo I take and have no idea what it is or how it came about, I want to know if anyone has got any idea where or more importantly why this is happening?

also one thing to note is I didn't mess around with any of the configurations on the camera just the ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed in later photos.

also another thing to note is there's now three of these little pinkish red dots on the photos.
>>
File: Photo Example 002.jpg (806 KB, 2365x1772)
806 KB
806 KB JPG
here's another one

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: Photo Example 003.jpg (783 KB, 2367x1773)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
and another one

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: IMG_20240512_121414.jpg (160 KB, 1049x454)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
They're hot pixels, go into your camera's menu and run the pixel mapping option.
>>
>>4312991
alright cool thank you, but how do i completely get rid of them off of the camera?
>>
>>4313006
That's the neat thing, you don't.
>>
>>4313006
You don't, they are a result of dead pixels on the sensor.
It's a thing that happens with age, but the pixel mapping will remove them from photos you take afterwards.
>>
>>4313012
>but the pixel mapping will remove them from photos you take afterwards.
oh right how do I do this?
>>
>>4313019
>>4312991
>>
Dead/ Stuck Pixel.

If its dead, its dead.

If its stuck, use the clean sensor function...this sometimes works....

To mitigate dead/ stuck pixels theres tonnes of things....remap...also, these sometimes only show up at high ISOs or during longs shoots, whent he sensor essentially overheats.

I have had this issue before-- the dead pixel eventually just went away.

If it stays, just remove it in post. Its easy enough.
>>
>>4312983
they're "hot" or "stuck" pixels.
what ISO are you shooting these at? they usually show up at "higher" sensitivities, though I've seen them as early as ISO 400 on my old D3x.
some raw processing software can just process them out by default so you never see them if you import the raws.
>>
up
>>
>>4313944
down
its literally solved, let the thread die. saged
>>
>>4313458
>use the clean sensor function...this sometimes works
yeah that's what others have suggested so whenever I'm out shooting again I'll try that one out and see if it makes any difference

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.