[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fellow /p/ros. Help me pick a nice 00s camcoder for my girlfriend. Something 480i capable that records to HDD or SD card with an easy USB transfer capability.
No DVD no tapes no FireWire. Obscure video formats are ok as long as ffmpeg can digest it. Remember this is for a girl.
Must be "aesthetic" too if possible.

So far I like the JVC GZ-MG130E
>>
>>4314343
shot your zoomer whore girlfriend larper instead
>>
File: x158HDRSR12-o-1.jpg (25 KB, 750x457)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
to be really honest, youre just describing early consumer solid state camcorders from the late 00s, if they use SD cards the majority of them will do exactly that. The balance though is you probably want a better lens and bitrate then the sub $200 market was offering back then. Even then, they likely shot progressive video to SD cards

Besides, isnt the archaic physical format a part of the experience with using an old camcorder? You shouldnt be dumbing it down for her, im sure she can understand disc finalisation and burning. She can also use DV cams from the early 2000s too if she has a Mac since they still had inbuilt firewire support up until a few years ago, and she can fuck around with dubbing and get that true interlaced video quality when subjects move in the frame.

But if you want to ignore all of this, im pretty sure HDD handycams running AVCHD (an interlaced format) from the early 2010s had an LP mode where they recorded down to 720 or 480 video. I used a Sony HDR SR12 120gb HDD handycam a few years ago i picked up for $30 and havent used it in a while but it felt pretty cool busting it out, i put on a pistol grip and a wide angle lens adaptor so its handling was like an older camera especially with the viewfinder and it was funny to just walk around and shoot shit with my friends.

Whats good about those models too and maybe others in the Sony HDD range at the time was they used ZIF connectors for their hard drives, so if the drive ever dies you can easily get a SSD used for by Ipod modders to replace it and they supposedly work perfectly and are pretty cheap. All while giving you that shitty diamond shaped iris bokeh, the tiny sensor, and the fun zooms
>>
>>4314352
faggot detected
>>
I hope Im proven wrong, I think I'm like of the very few who have true dedication to a camera. I have used a T2i for 12 years as my main camera. I have true dedication to the idea of not letting a camera rot. Hopefully OP's girlfriend doesn't let the thing collect dust overtime.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.