[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696224007984335.jpg (117 KB, 1024x1024)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Going to bangalore for a month. What are some things I should do there? Any advice or hacks from experienced India /trv/elers?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1716068222438.jpg (147 KB, 1080x1350)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>2659126
Have fun and be safe!
>>
>>2661627
Nice necrobump for your low effort and shitty thread OP! Maybe you should consider why nobody replied to it for a reason?

>Hidden
>>
>>2659126
Bangalore isn't really a great tourist destination. Not much to do outside of hitting up museums, visiting hindu temples, shopping and bars.

That being said.... the Indian Music Experience is a pretty cool visit.
As well as the Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum but go early before all the schools dump their students there on a field trip.
Nandi Hills and Bannerghatta National Park are good outdoorsy spots.

They have some good bars and pubs. Church St seems to be the big hangout and bar spot. If you're white it's stupid easy to make friends or meet girls. Thanks to being the Silicon Valley of India, people living in Bangalore tend to be more educated and are interesting to talk to.

If you don't value your safety rent a Royal Enfield (Local Indian made motorcycle) and visit Mysuru and Chennai. Pretty cheap way to get around.

I was in Bangalore for 2 weeks, you'll be bored after that.
>>
>>2662819
I agree with this.

Lived in India for a good number of years, but have only visited Bangalore a handful of times. It's a nice place to stay if you're working in India or staying longer-term, but doesn't have quite as much to offer casual tourists. There are some cool sites and museums, but it doesn't have the history of Delhi or the distinctly urban character of Mumbai.

Great place to go if you have some money and local friends, though. Since Bangalore has tons of tech money, there are lots of super-moden restaurants, clubs, and bars. Great experience, and incredibly easy to meet somewhat more worldly Indians.

Muisc science is definitely good, too. Not what the above commenter is talking about, but I went to a Queen tribute concert in BLR a year or two ago--the (Indian) singers actually exceeded my expectations, and the crowd (men and women) was way more attractive than you'd find almost anywhere outside of super-swanky parts of Delhi and Mumbai. Felt like being at a show in the U.S., except everyone was brown.

(not that anyone travels to India for that, but I was living in a much more dilapidated part of India, so it was a fun change of pace)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.