[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I got offered completely free trip for 7 days.
Never been in US. I guess going to gun range as European would be cool. It apart from that I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>2661430
>Lists no budget
>Lists no interests

Ok, since you gave us absolutely nothing to work with I am going to give you some basic ass advice, blame yourself if it isn't good advice for you since you included basically no information to work with. Fuck you and people who makes these kind of threads.

1. "Things to do" is going to depend on your interests. But, you didn't include anything for anyone to work with, and I am not interested in spoonfeeding a lazy retard who can't read a stcky. So ask google.

2. Highly recommend renting a car. Houston does not have much public transportation, and it isn't built for walking. You'll spend much more in ubers/taxis than it will cost to rent a car. Just the ride to and from the airport is about the price of two days car rental. The Uber/taxi to Space Center is also a days car rental. Houston is an absolutely enormous place. 4 times the population and 4 times the physical size of Auckland.
>>
Houston native here. This city is not a tourist destination. Look up our suggested top ten lists and you’ll find such wonders as a house covered in beer cans and a mosquito-infested swamp full of gators and snakes.

Go see nasa. And visit Galveston. The water wall is actually cool for 5 minutes. The museums are decent. We do have every type of cuisine from around the world here, so you can go try Ethiopian food or whatever you want. Remember to try Tex-mex (which I love) and Texas barbecue (meh). New Orleans, San Antonio and Austin are close enough for a one or two day trip. (So is Dallas Fort Worth, but there’s nothing to see there.) there’s no nature to speak of besides Brazos Bend (wear bug spray, I swear to god.) maybe check out some live music. We have a shit-ton of bars and restaurants. Depending on your preference, you can find bars on Washington for bros, Montrose for hipsters, EaDo for ultra hipsters… or go to some black or Latino places if you want a culture shock. Or just stay in your hotel and count the hours til your escape.

Wear bug spray, sunscreen, and shorts during daytime. It’s already fucking hot outside and the skeeters are swarming. I wouldn’t try to walk anywhere or take public transportation at all. Good luck OP. You’ll need it.
>>
>>2661430
I think people are moving to Houston droves because of the economy or something, and I get it, but its honestly a massive shit hole. The other cities in the state have at least one better quality to them. Houston fuck sucks. Native here btw. If I had a choice, I'm move up north to Lewisville.
>>
>>2661430
sweat your balls off
>>
>>2661430
>Eat Texas BBQ (In Houston I like the Pit Room). Brisket is the main specialty of Texas BBQ, but also ribs and sausage.
>Eat Tex-Mex (fajitas are probably my favorite meal)
>Eat some tacos
>Get a nice juicy Amerifat burger
make sure to do your research on places to eat btw
>Go to the gun range, as you said
>Visit NASA
>Go to an Astros game, if there is one
>See the San Jacinto Monument
>Take a trip to Austin and then San Antonio, see the Alamo
and other stuff

Also it's fucking hot and sunny in Houston. Buy some sunscreen. You will need it.
>>
>>2661661
>>2661691
These anons are correct

t. native Houstonian. I now live in the piney woods away from that shithole
>>
>>2661430
Astros game
Chinatown
NASA
Quirky Rice Military shops
Czech Museum
>>
>>2661430
Buc-ee’s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.