[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Rest edition

>What are you running?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

>/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.
>Nuzlocke info
https://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
https://pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
https://pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
https://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
https://pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list
https://pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
https://projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)Anon's Level Caps Doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600
>Level caps/general Nuzlocke info (new!)
https://nuzlockeuniversity.ca/2022/01/18/hardcore-nuzlocke-level-caps-by-generation/
Previous Thread: >>55784108
>>
>>55852172
My advice is to just ignore him, he's probably already lost interest anyway.
>>
Thread question: What's your favorite starter, in general or for runs? Sceptile is obviously the best starter ever made.
>>
>>55853503
Swampert is too reliable in Hoenn to not pick up, if I wanted a good grass pokemon shroomish is very close to the beginning anyway.
>>
>>55853256
>yellow legacy
>built in hardmode, standard nuzlocke otherwise
>not sure yet, just defeated misty
hard to tell what the run is going to look like but the manky i caught had 14 speed and 14 attack dvs
>>
Continuing from where I left of, I'm on top of spear pillar and I'm about to face Mars and Jupiter. Any tips for the battle with Cyrus later on? My team consists of Leafeon, Pachirisu, Yanmega, Lucario, Pelipper and Sneasel.
>>
>>55853503
Whenever I play gen 5 I'm really tempted to pick snivy even though it sucks ass.
Tepig is the best choice but Emboar is so ugly.
>>
>>55853503
I always just random roll my starter so don't really have a favourite
>>
I've beaten Cyrus and beaten Giratina and my god was both their battles long, it took me an hour to beat them both each. The two battles where very stressful and though I didn't lose any pokemon, I nearly did multiple times and I had to keep healing. Luckily enough, team Galactic has been defeated, Cyrus has been defeated and Giratina has been dealt with. I hope the battle with Cynthia and the elite four that happens later won't be as stressful.
>>
>>55853503
Rowlet is the cutest and therefore the best starter
>>
File: emerald victory 2024.png (729 KB, 1290x2796)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
I beat emerald hardcore once again.
God bless the delta dev
I had magneton, blaziken and swellow instead of vileplume, starmie and hariyama, but they all fucking died in victory road and I had to autism up some new members.
I even EV trained them all. Hariyama ended up dying to hail chip against Glacia and Vileplume went down to Tentacruel's ice beam on the final fight, but they were beasts. Every member came in clutch. I got a few lucky crits honestly.

The MVP of the entire run? Absol. He has swords dance, substitute, return and shadow ball and he almost solo swept gyms 6-8 and also came in clutch against Phoebe, Glacia and Wallace.

Next up might be a more chill run of Platinum or Soul Silver. I need a comfort game after victory road PTSD. Did I mention I had EV trained the swellow completely? Yeah and he died IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>55854145
You didn't just Master Ball Giratina? That's what i do to the box legend so i don't have to deal with it.
>I hope the battle with Cynthia and the elite four that happens later won't be as stressful.
It will be.
>>
File: final preparations.jpg (533 KB, 2401x481)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
At long last, I've finally made it to the Pokemon League in Inclement Emerald
It's been a long journey, but now I have to put all my focus and brain power into figuring out a winning combination between my party and these two boxes
The Elite Four aren't messing around either, this is what I have to fight: https://files.catbox.moe/z8mfxn.jpg
I feel like Ninetales and Gengar will be essential on account of the former's Sun to undo Glacia's Hail and Wallace's Rain, and the latter because Encore + trapping is kind of insane
But, that's all I can think of
>>
Switched the team around to deal with the Fire Gym. I was worried about using Marshtomp, since I couldn't use Dig because Magnitude and Water Gun would not be useful because Sunny Day, so I ended up adding Marill to the team for Bubblebeam and he pretty much soloed the whole Gym.
I am really digging all the double battles in this game. I know double battles are supposed to be harder but having two mons in the field really makes fights quicker and a lot less stressful.
>>
>>55853503
all of the Gen 4 starters are really fun to play with, but I have a soft spot for empoleon, he's a fucking tank
>>
>>55855127
No since as part of my rules is I'm not allowed to have more than six pokemon.
>>
File: leaf green2.png (323 KB, 1200x761)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
3 Gyms down. No disasters yet. Managed to catch an abra but probably not going to use it since i want to save the option for a harder game. Ollie is on the team mainly to deal with early game grass types and will probably get replaced once i find a fire type
>>
>>55855127
You can also just run away, that's what I did in my run.
>>
File: 1706767575053233.jpg (388 KB, 1280x720)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>55853256
Which Pokemon game should I nuzlocke first?
>>
>>55857047
Fire red is a pretty good starting choice
>>
>>55857047
Probably whichever game you're the most familiar with.
Or just go for fire red because it's easy
>>
File: Vs Misty.png (94 KB, 1476x784)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
I lost Brainybug due to underestimating how high leveled the generic trainers be in level after Brock. Starin' died to a crit in one of her first battles when I was gonna train her up.
Buns likewise got crit by something in Mt. Moon(I don't remember which trainer).
Before Misty, I went to catch mons everywhere I could before the fight.
>Vs Misty
>Buizel(Lv20)
It hits Dizzzy(Electrike) with Sonicboom, then falls to Spark.
>Wingull(Lv22)
Gets a Water Pulse in and puts Dizzy in the red before falling to Spark as well.
>Starmie(Lv25)
I switch in Nancy(Wormadam) on Swift. As Starmie uses Swift again, Nancy uses Struggle Bug to weaken incoming attacks and do damage. Another Swift, and then Starmie falls to Hidden Power Grass.
>>
>>55857047
As already said, FireRed is a great starting point, nice and simple. The game you know inside and out is another possibility, X and Y are easy enough but have trainers meaner than the gym leaders.
>>
File: 1670895739554375.gif (3.86 MB, 240x266)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB GIF
>>55857857
>Male Marill
Two Intimidate users is pretty good.
>>
>>55854289
How did you evolve gloom into Vileplume?
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55858946
The Oddish line is catchable in Emerald and there's a Leaf Stone on route 119.
>>
FUCKYOUEXPLOSION
>>
File: 1702577979672274.jpg (110 KB, 510x840)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>55858634
How should I do the trade evolutions like Gengar and Golem and Alakazam though?
Is there a RomHack that removes Trade Evos?
>>
>>55860924
the Universal Pokemon Randomizer has an option that changes trade evos into level evos. just leave all the other options off. or you can use PKSM or PKHeX to evolve them.
>>
File: IMG_3654.png (441 KB, 889x717)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>get THREE gen 1 misses in a row and subsequently wipe
>>
File: OH NO.jpg (117 KB, 561x637)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>55855772
>Go 1 route further to catch a higher level Vulpix
>It's so high level that fire STAB ember has been replaced with Will-o-wisp
>>
>>55860924
don't bother with doing all that. NTEVO roms exist for gens 1-5
>>
File: 1704058123342883.jpg (101 KB, 514x450)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>55862466
link?
>>
>>55862590
pretty sure you can't send links to rom sites. Just google NTEVO (no trade evolution)
>>
File: 1700460677281393.jpg (33 KB, 680x544)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>55862686
So it doesn't actually exist and you were talking out your ass?
Got it
>>
>>55855144
I made the dumbest decision against Sidney: I clicked Close Combat against his Greninja when it did not register to me that Protean actually changes its type
I knew it was a power boost, but I forgot that there are defensive capabilities
And... I wanted to see how good Mega Salamence could do, but then it was in peril and I knew it was over
This was the second time I've ever tried a Nuzlocke, the first one was just regular White 2 a few years back (and I didn't even know about the level cap discrepancy then, so)
I've learned that you cannot make a single mistake, ever; I do want to try this again, but I'm afraid this is game over
So... to all you other anons, good luck on your playthroughs, may you always pay attention to what's happening and not make the same blunder I did
>>
>>55863160
It's rough getting that far only to fail, but it's very impressive that you made it so far in a difficulty hack, and on your second run! Have a bit of pride in that, most people don't make it half as far as you.
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55861430
So it doesn't have any other good moves i take it?
>>
File: 20240510_144822.jpg (2.26 MB, 4080x3060)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
Hey guys, I've decided to have a break today and continue playing my pokemon nuzlocke tomorrow as I'm very tired and my feet ache from all the walking. Today I went all the way to Redcar and met and fed some real pokemon, hear is a picture of me feeding one of them. Their where multiple different pokemon their though and it was fun and I had tea and scones afterwards
>>
>>55865892
did you catch it?
>>
>>55866271
Nope sorry.
>>
>>55866279
ah, I see, you used bait when you should've used just spammed balls. Classic Safari Zone mistake.
>>
>>55866301
I loved my day out though.
>>
Thoughts on using in-game trades if you happen to catch a Pokemon the other person is looking for?
I suppose they're often in towns and those usually don't have any encounters anyway other than fishing, so it's probably fine. Have you guys ever done any?
>>
>>55866569
They're fine. Doesn't count as an encounter either.
>>
>>55866569
never done it personally but imo it's fair game. one of those things like gift pokemon where I think it's really just up to you.
>>
>>55865892
Strange looking Torchic.
>>
>>55866569
Perfectly viable, but probably nothing i would actually use myself.
>>
>>55866569
I use them. No reason not to.
>>
Well I've got good news and bad news. I beat the eight and final gym leader Volkner. Lucario was able to take them all out with bone rush. The bad news is that i lost Pachirisu to Volkner's Electivire. Lucario already had taken alot of damage in its battle with Luxray so I switched him out for Pachirisu as Pachirisu was the only pokemon that wasn't weak to fire and/or electric. Pachirisu held its own but lost to a powerful fire punch but atleast it dealt some damage so Lucario could quickly finish Electivire off.

RIP That's Nuts the Pachirisu. Im honestly surprised this pokemon got as far as it did. Pachirisu was caught inbetween the first two gym battles and for a pokemon that doesn't evolve, it sure survived a long way throughout the game that surprised me, outliving all of the original six team members that I once had. Now the first six pokemon I once had are all gone and have been replaced by others. Pachirisu was also pretty useful against any Gyarados that I ever came across because its fast and Gyarados is double weak to electricity.

It's time for me to soldier on to the elite four and then the champion. Any other pokemon I should try and get to fill in the empty slot?
>>
File: 081.png (93 KB, 475x475)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
To fill the void left by Pachirisu, I went straight to the Feugo Ironworks, an area which I haven't caught a pokemon yet and caught myself a Magnemite which I named Spark Plug. Another electric type should do well for my team and since the next few trainers in the next route use water types, I should have no problem grinding Magnemite up so it catches up to everyone else.
>>
File: leaf green3.png (351 KB, 1194x843)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>55855772
Cleared out the Celadon gym, rocket hideout and went straight to Saffron city after pokemon tower since i had the perfect counter for Sabrina. Got caught off by my rival who had mons 5-7 levels higher than mine but managed to not lose anyone. Sergio soloed the Saffron gym and Sabrina. Also traded the abra for a mr mine since i'm trying to "catch" as many mons as possible to get the exp. share for easier endgame leveling.
>>55865554
He had quick attack but very low attack stat. Learned flamethrower at 29 which was also the level cap for the grass gym which in turn made clearing out the trainers before Erika a hassle.
>>55866569
I'd say go for it. Doubly so if the mon you get in trade is one you've never used before.
>>
>>55869105
Just be careful you don't lose Magnemite to those trainers, there still should be a decent level difference between it and those trainers.
>>
>>55869954
Yeah I know.
>>
>>55869699
Sounds like it. What are you using to enable Umbreon?
>>
Bump.
>>
Out of all your runs, which has had your favorite naming theme for your team? I don't really use themes, but it's hard to pick which one would be my favorite, though i think i would have to pick my last Crystal run, the nicknames all just fit very well.
>>
File: Vs Surge.png (99 KB, 1504x802)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>55874551
Probably my Violet run and the music/song theme.
>>55857857
My starter died to a Level 25 Escavalier on the SS Anne. I really couldn't get out of that fight without a death, honestly.
>Vs Surge
>Emolga(Lv25)
Dizzzy hit it with Hidden Power Ice, and then gets a Lightningrod powerup as Emolga tries to Thunder Wave. Surge uses a Super Potion, and Emolga falls to Hidden Power.
>Shinx(Lv28)
Hidden Power Ice, Fire Fang Miss, Hidden Power
>Magneton(Lv29)
Dizzzy paralyzes the Magneton with Thunder Wave, and it attempts to Thunder Wave in return, but Lightningrod eats it.
Surge uses a Full Heal, and Dizzzy hits Magneton with Hidden Power.
2 turns of Hidden Power and Magneton giving me free buffs with Thunder Wave into the Lightningrod.
A final Hidden Power takes it out.
>Raichu(Lv30)
Raichu gives Dizzzy a Sweet Kiss, and a Hidden Power from Dizzy puts Raichu in the red.
Raichu Quick Attacks Dizzy, who hits herself.
Raichu then powers Dizzzy up with Charge Beam into the Lightningrod, and Dizzy hits herself again.
Raichu gets a Quick Attack, but then Dizzzy snaps out of Confusion and finishes Surge off with Hidden Power.
>>
File: magneton.jpg (122 KB, 900x822)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Magnemite has evolved into Magneton. It didn't battle, it just gained experience points. Regardless I'm heading straight to Mount Coronet to evolve it into its final form.
>>
Guys, what am I going to do? Non of my pokemon know waterfall and I'm not allowed to catch any more pokemon by my own rules because I'm only allowed to have a maximum of six pokemon.
>>
Went straight to Mount Coronet, battled some wild pokemon and now Magneton has evolved into Magnezone. It still has some ways to catch up though.
>>
>>55874880
Catch a mon specifically for waterfall, get it knocked out on purpose so it can't be used as a sacrifice(not even by accident), immediately release it once you have done the required sections.
Sometimes you have to do small allowances like that.
Or if you are that strict, sacrifice a team member for a waterfaller if you can get one I guess?
>>
File: magnezone.jpg (39 KB, 515x364)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Forget to post this picture.
>>
>>55874907
I don't want to sacrifice. I lost my Bibarel and its in the grave but it can learn waterfall. Can I just take it out of the box just for waterfall and that's all?
>>
>>55874945
I've seen people allow that before, so do that if you feel like it works for you. In the end, this is your self-imposed challenge.
>>
>>55874945
Yes, that's called the HM Clause.
>>
>>55872296
Been a long while since i installed it but i think it's what >>55861200 mentioned. Umbreon requires a moonstone, espeon probably a sun stone
>>
Because I have made it to the elite four and champion, I've now got to grind my pokemon to level 60 and it's gonna take forever.

I feel like Cynthia's strongest pokemon should be level 55 because most of the time, that's what level your pokemon are usually at.

Because I had to grind Magnezone up to catch up with the rest of my pokemon, mu pokemon are all level 50 so this is gonna take forever.

Anyway to grind faster? I know you can use the VS seeker but anything else.
>>
>>55875768
You could run around and get all the rare candies in the world, i think that would help alleviate the grind a bit. You think the grind is bad now, back in DP Cynthia's Garchomp was level 66.
>>
I was really worried about Norman but it is funny how the extra pokemon actually make the fight easier. This Gym is a lot less scary when you don't have to deal with two Slaking.
>>
>>55875969
Wait how do I get loads of rare candies just by running around?
>>
>>55875768
if you're intent on doing it legit, just stick on a tv show in the background and get comfy. you could try and get a lucky egg but that might take some time
>>
>>55877289
Using the Dowsing Machine to find hidden items on routes and in caves, several hidden items are rare candies. You would just need to pull up a list, to save time looking for them, and go get them.
>>
>>55876575
So the exact opposite of Watson amd Tate and Liza
>>55877317
I'd exercise caution if you do this, get too focused on sometjing else and you could lose a team member before you know it.
>>
>>55875406
I figured, but was still curious.
>>
Bump.
>>
File: Vs Erika.png (125 KB, 1504x802)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>55874640
There was a Donphan trainer at the end of the Rock Tunnel, and my weakened team ended up in some serious trouble. I ended up having to sacrifice Heiney to Intimidate it, and Dizzzy had to use Hidden Power to get the Donphan low enough on health to knock it out and died to Magnitude 9.
>Vs Erika
>Roserade(Lv36)
Stuffed(Blaziken) uses Power-Up Punch to... power up. Roserade uses Leech Seed, putting Stuffed on a timer.
Next turn, Roserade Protects to get some more Leech Seed damage in and block a Blaze Kick.
It falls to Blaze Kick finally.
>Vileplume(Lv41)
It's taken out by a single Blaze Kick.
>Tangrowth(Lv38)
Tangrowth is so fat, it lives the +1 Blaze Kick and gets in a Tickle to weaken Stuffed.
Erika uses a Hyper Potion, but possibly thanks to the Razor Claw Stuffed is holding, a critical hit Blaze Kick
takes out Tangrowth.
>Gogoat(Lv39)
Stuffed at this point is in the red, but a Blaze Kick should be enough, right?
Turns out that was not the case, the Gogoat just barely survives and Rock Slides Stuffed, taking her out.
In comes Pantaloons(Scraggy).
Gogoat uses Horn Leech, but doesn't heal nearly enough to survive the incoming Fire Punch.
>>
>>55880264
Pictured, Gogoat taking out Stuffed.
After Erika, I got Pantaloons and Amalasunta to evolution(Lv39 and 41 respectively) and then headed to the Fighting Dojo.
>Dojo Master
>Hitmonlee(Lv38)
I send in Hannah to Intimidate it. I then immediately swap in Pantaloons to weaken it further, and she takes a Low Kick(I think?).
I finally send in Amalasunta on a Hi Jump Kick.
She then blasts Hitmonlee out of the water with Psychic after getting Low Kicked.
>Hitmonchan(Lv38)
It gets an Ice Punch off before getting blasted with Psychic.
I grab a Hitmonlee as my price.
>>
File: 1710620022381658.png (285 KB, 600x600)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
Hello,
I am in desperate need of advice and don't know where to turn
As a child I played Pokemon Emerald, Fire Red, and Diamond. As a teenager I began to nuzlocke: Crystal, Blue, and Fire Red.
As a young adult I no longer had any video games and could never play them on my apple iPhone either
Recently Delta emulator came out and I can play pokemon games again
I began to nuzlocke again and I kept wiping, first Emerald, then Yellow, then Silver
I began a Platinum run this week and it was going well until
>My autosave corrupted and I lost about 1 hour of progress
I didn't lose any gym badges it was only about 5 total levels grinding my zoobat and Sphynx but I am concerned for two reasons
>1
I am concerned that I will lose my autosave / save state again. I do use the in game save as well but since I'm playing on my phone (yknow in normal phone places so while I shit, while I take my ten minute break at work, sitting in traffic etc) I need to be able to quickly close and re-open the emulator. If I continue to lose my auto-save because of this I will not be able to actually play this game on my phone
and
>2
I feel like it's against the spirit of the challenge to revert to a previous point in time. Even though none of my mons died and literally all I lost was grinding Bidoof and Starly for an hour and levelling up about 5 times I feel like it would be unethical and desu cheating to re-do it.
What I am wondering from all of you is
>Would it be cheating to re-do the progress I lost
>Should I continue trying to play on my phone knowing this sort of problem can happen (It was the first time it had happened normally the auto-save state works well. This was however the first DS game I tried so maybe DS emulation isn't as good as GBA in that case maybe I should just do GBA games for now)
Is there maybe a better phone I should buy to play these games on? I'm not afraid to drop some cash if it means the auto-save states will work. I currently use iPhone SE3 because I hate big phones
>>
File: leaf green4.png (374 KB, 1200x976)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>55869699
Leaf Green cleared. Managed to record my 50:th pokemon on the victory road and unlock exp. share which made the leveling a breeze. League and the champion were all a team effort. Didn't lose anyone but then again it's Leaf Green. Emerald next. Expecting a lot of deaths on that one.
>>
>>55880533
>Would it be cheating to re-do the progress I lost
I wouldn't say so.
>Should I continue trying to play on my phone knowing this sort of problem can happen
Up to you, seems questionable. Losing a long run to bad saves could suck.
>>
File: Emerald.png (249 KB, 1200x600)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>55880699
>Finally catch a shroomish
>It's when i have a grass starter + a lotad
I guess it's good to have backups though. First gym down without any problems. Got trolled by an abra and missed my chance to catch a Skitty but did manage to catch a Sableye at the Granite cave which is something new for me.
>>
>>55880533
It's not cheating to regain progress lost by something out of your control.
If it's that much of a concern to you, i'd consider just playing the emulator on PC.
>>
>>55880533
Honestly, I don't think it's cheating to just redo whatever you just did
Like, one time I tried to find a Flame Orb that was guarded by two trainers (both of which rotate), and the SECOND I got it the game crashed, lol
I avoided the second trainer but had to fight the first, so on my second go around I just went and fought the first one anyway (and still dodged the second but was ready to fight if need be), retracing my steps
In any case, these things happen, so if you want to keep playing on this emulator you just gotta save and auto save after literally every fight, just to be very very sure
>>
File: Owch.jpg (127 KB, 1190x788)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Weekly update of the Region Quest again. Got absolutely tossed on Sabrina. Things went well through Silph but lost Pidgeot to a Destiny Bond ghastly in Sabrina's gym. Replaced with a Dodrio. Dodrio proceeded to sweep Kadabra, Mr. Mime, and Venomoth, leaving Alakazam against my 6 with no damage on them. I swapped into my Hypno to counter Alakazam, but I got no flinches off 6 Heabutts and Sabrina kept using Calm Mind and pulled out 2x hyper potions and a full heal once I tried using hypnosis. I thought each gym leader could only use one heal so now I was facing down a +2 SP Attack Alakazam. I wanted to keep Hypno for the elite four, so swapped in to sacrifice my Arcanine thinking my Graveler would be able to revenge kill afterwards. Graveler got one hit, swapped in my Dodrio thinking it could outspeed; Dordio got one hit. Swapped into Blastoise who tanked the Psychic from full to 2HP left, and finally killed. I would've wiped if that roll killed me. Definitely the worst Sabrina experience I've had, lost 3/6. Here's the team after Sabrina + replacements I trained up.
>>
File: file.png (421 KB, 1452x884)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
One time I watched like 20 seconds of a youtubers video, and he was saying something about his friends controlling different Pokémon, I didn't catch any of the details, but I sure liked that idea, so I gathered my dear friend who knows functionally nothing about Pokémon to control half my team.
>Pokémon Sapphire has been modified so that all trainers that have two or more Pokémon are double battles.
>Caught Pokémon are to be assigned to be controlled by either Lewis or me.
>We may only catch the first non-male Pokémon encountered in an area and it will be assigned to me, unless I currently have more Pokémon assigned to my control than Lewis does to his, then we may only catch the first non-female Pokémon encountered in an area and it will be assigned to Lewis.
>The Party must always be half assigned to Lewis and half assigned to me, unless such an arrangement is currently impossible.
>In double battles the active Pokémon must always be half assigned to Lewis and half assigned to me, unless such an arrangement is currently impossible.
>I am not allowed to give Lewis advice other than reading him the in-game summary
>Items clause is in effect
>Duplicate clause is in effect
>Static encounters can always be caught, but must be caught in a premier ball, and then a coin flip must be performed, on a heads that encounter is to be discarded.
>Neutral Pokémon, will be marked male or female, to denote who that Pokémon is assigned to.
I forgot that Roxanne's Geodude know and actual attack, nearly died on the first turn, but got lucky and Nosepasses first Rock Throw missed. I usually do much worse, but I usually am trying to kill the Lotad that I got instead of a Ralts.
Thankfully Pokémon is a game meant to be understood by children so Lewis wasn't as much of a burden as I imagined.
>>
Bump.
>>
I've returned to my Rolelocke idea. The problem I'm having is when integrating the money mechanic (which is where I must pay a randomised amount at each pokecentre I encounter) takes too long. At the moment I have to pre-define the cost ranges by combing through bulbapedia and calculating the potential earnings on each individual route. Once its done, it works fine but it takes forever to calculate.

Wondering if any clever anon has an idea on how else I might integrate this concept?
Or a resource that has all this information already penned?

I've played with the idea of losing a randomised percentage of money total at each location but that doesn't feel like an elegant solution.
>>
>>55884790
Maybe you could do money ranges per city, like each city and town has a range of money you need to pay, with the bigger places like Hearthome having higher cost ranges?
>>
First death of the run. I got too cocky and decided to fight the extra trainers in the route with the Giga Drain TM. That was a mistake. I forgot the route had a lot of scary trainers with strong mons and even after a bunch of bad luck with crits and status, Mightyena and Minun almost dying, running low on items and most of my team being in yellow or red health, I decided to stubbornly press on to collect the last few items. I should've flied to a pokecenter but instead, I decided to use my Last Super Potion on Skarmory, thinking the route was almost over and she'd be untouchable at full health, then the Magneton came out. I completely forgot Magnet Pull was a thing until I tried to switch out.
On the bright side, that spooked me into grinding for a Sun Stone to evolve Gloom early so I could have a fully evolved team for the Team Mama/Aqua hideout raids and that went without problems. Time to get ready for Tate and Liza now, although with my entire team being Super Effective on them that should be an easy fight.
>>
File: 20240514_195106.jpg (1.32 MB, 2003x1565)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
This is my team, what moves should they have before going into the elite four?

No limitations of course with the exception of Pelipper who still needs to know fly.
>>
Just came back to my Brilliant Diamond run, after taking a couple months off. Was apparently just after Fantina and had only Ironworks and Iron Island as available catches based on what was in my PC. Got the egg from Riley, and knocked out a Luxio. Went and took on Byron and overthought the match, spending too much time grinding up some of the Water types in my box. Finally got tired of grinding and just went in with the A-team. Chun-Li (Infernape) one shots the Bronzor. Switch to Zelda (Gyarados) on the EQ from Steelix, then switch to May (Roserade) set up two Growths and heal with Giga Drain through Byron using all his healing items. Was a much easier fight than I prepared for.
>>
Doing my first Hardcore Nuzlocke. No items in battle and Set.
Doing it in a Firered Rom Hack that has Phy/Spe split, and all pokemon up to gen 3, to not get boring.
Hope it isn't too hard.
>>
File: Emerald2.png (322 KB, 1200x756)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>55881937
Second gym down. Don't really have a counter for Wattson except maybe Breloom so i'm leveling up some new mons and just hoping for the best
>>
File: file.png (415 KB, 1456x879)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>55884206
Both Makuhita and Machop got focus fired down, Brawly got to use 0 potions and only 1 move.
It's fortunate that the guy infront of Brawly's Gym tells you not to use normal types.
I learned Tentacool only learns a 15 and 10 power move for the first 25 levels, and Lewis managed to get the idea in his head that Tailow evolves in to Pelipper at level 22, while looking at online recourses.
>>
>>55885406
Hmmm. Percentage based ranges based on the size of the city? I like that idea. It's a nice middle-ground that'll save me the hours of calculating income per route etc. I'll try it out and report back. Cheers anon
>>
>>55886474
I'd give Leafeon Strength, Return, Dig and Last Resort, maybe Double Team instead of one of those 3 if you want to set up on Cynthia. I've never used Yanmega. Weavile should have Night Slash, Ice Punch, and i'd also have Ice Shard for priority, maybe X-Scissor for extra coverage against Lucian. Lucario should have Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere and Force Palm, the last move can be whatever you need. Pelipper can have Surf, Ice Beam, maybe Toxic or Hyper Beam, Fly isn't seeing any use. I would give Magnezone Thunderbolt, Tri Attack, Mirror Shot, Protect if you didn't use it on Pelipper.
>>
>>55886474
Hey I was the anon from the /v/ thread earlier. Did you take a run at the E4 yet?
>>
>>55887432
>Misread the level cap
>Half the team is now unusable since they are over it
>Breloom ends up soloing Wattson
I'll take it. Probably shouldn't grind levels when tired
>>
File: 1705568440504.png (289 KB, 1168x808)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>55887740
I have no idea how the first two sessions went as well as they did, this one was brutal. Lewis forgot that fighting was good against normal, leading to Energize Bro's death on Slateport's beach, J. Fish Bro was regularly shown to Magnamites, Electikes, Pluseles, Voltorbs, and Minins constantly. Fortunately, Mageneton is the only NPC with an electric type attack.
Almost every time I could kill a pokemon in one turn, he focused fired with me, and he never focused fired with me when I wanted something gone real bad.
He doesn't understand the value of statuses, and he has all the status moves.
Saved my starter because at least he could understand the value of lightning rod on an electric type.
>>
>>55888560
No I'm still grinding.
>>
Tate&Liza really are one of the toughest fights in the franchise. Between the Light Screens, Calm Minds and Potion spam, shit escalates out of control quickly. I am honestly surprised I only lost one mon. I kinda went in expecting someone to die but halfway through it really seemed like the run was over. Fuck that Xatu.
>>
Omanite or Kabuto fossil in Mt.Moon in Firered?
>>
>>55890791
Aerodactyl
>>
>>55890911
...yeah, good point.
>>
>>55887398
It doesn't sound too hard, but you never know with romhacks.
>>55889847
Oh, this is shaping up to be a bloodbath of a run. You're lucky this isn't Emerald.
>>55890555
First, checked.
I've never played Emerald and even i know how tough their fight is. Frankly, only one death is getting off easy.
>>
File: Vs Koga.png (183 KB, 1480x953)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>55880312
>>55880264
>Vs Koga
>Scolipede(Lv48)
Scolipede Swords Dances as Ragtag(Banette) mega-evolves and hits hard with Shadow Claw.
Sucker Punch takes out Scolipede- probably for the best, I suspect it would have oneshot Ragtag with that Swords Dance boost.
>Tentacruel(Lv47)
I switch in Amalasunta(Gothitelle) as Tentacruel throws out Toxic Spikes.
Tentacruel Double Teams, and then gets hit hard by Psychic.
Tentacruel Hexes Amalasunta, who finishes Tentacruel off with Psychic.
>Toxicroak(Lv47)
Toxicroak Swords Dances, which leys Amalasunta oneshot it.
>Venomoth(Lv45)
Amalasunta gets put to sleep by Sleep Powder.
I swap out Amalasunta for Hannah(Arbok) who absorbs the Toxic Spikes and Venomoth uses Quiver Dance.
Venomoth then misses Sleep Powder, and Hannah hits it with Glare.
Hannah then does big damage with Rock Slide, as Venomoth Quiver Dances.
Koga then uses a Hyper Potion, only for Hannah to undo his job with Rock Slide.
The same almost happens the next turn, but Rock Slide Misses this time.
Another Rock Slide, and Venomoth hits Hannah with Bug Buzz.
Rock Slide finishes off Venomoth.
>Weezing(Lv45)
I send Amalasunta back in on Will-O-Wisp.
Weezing hits Amalasunta with Sludge Bomb before falling to Psychic.
>Crobat(Lv48)
I send in Hannah for the Intimidate on a Leech Life.
Crobat does pretty big damage with Air Slash, and Hannah Glares at it to paralyze it.
I swap in Athol(Pelipper) next, as Koga uses a Full Heal.
Crobat Toxics Athol, who hits hard with Scald.
Crobat uses a final Air Slash before falling to a second Scald.
>>
>>55893356
This is sounding like a really mean hack.
>>
Bump.
>>
>Lost my Mankey at lvl 27 in Erica's gym to crit overgrow Ivysaur.
And now I get to spend forever grinding a Machop...
>>
>>55874945
No that's strictly against the rules.
>>
In Firered, should I keep my Machoke or switch it for the Snorlax I just got?
I heard he's pretty good.
>>
>>55895767
Snorlax kinda walls any special attacker thanks to its huge Sp Def, so I'd say that's pretty good.
>>
File: Emerald3.png (340 KB, 1200x761)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>55889260
Leveled up another batch of mons for Flannery only for Silas to solo the entire fight with Water gun despite the sunny day spam
>>
>>55896753
Why not RGBY or GSC, if it's because they have remakes why RSE
>>
Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan in Fighting Dojo?
Or should I just take the Lapras instead? There are plenty of routes I can get water types, but I dunno if Lapras is better than them.
>>
>>55897015
>Why not RGBY or GSC
Just can't bring myself to enjoy them anymore. small movepools and all that. Grew up playing red and gold but these days whenever i try to play them i end up wishing i was playing the remakes
>>55897118
You can get both a hitmon + a Lapras since one counts as a Saffron city mon and the other one as Silph Co mon. I'd probably go for Lee if you are playing the older games since all the elemental punches are SP attacks and hitmonchan has a really low SP attack stat
>>
Well fuck, that went poorly. Everything was going well until the Kingdra came out and started spamming Rest and Double Team. Any chip damage I did amounted to nothing and the few times I managed to land a big hit, it got healed immediately with items. The only reason I won was because the fight went on for so long that Kingdra ran out of PP.
Without Nun having the Lax Incense and Chyen landing a lucky Sand Attack to make Kingdra waste moves and letting Sol set up a few Cosmic Powers to deal with the Crawdaunt afterwards, I would've definitely lost.
>>
File: I_am_the_fool.png (340 KB, 1312x834)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>55889847
I remember Archie being weak, so I didn't check his moves or his Pokémon.
Justina was one level away from evolving and probably could have solo'd the fight with Warner Bro.
Instead, I got all my Pokemon Shredded, and Lewis was both opperatives on the field, Warner Brother sat healing himself with Moonlight while everyone around him died, and Lewis didn't know his types as he shouldn’t be expected to, he used Confusion on Mightyena and Sharpedo, who were immune and never used it on Golbat. Albeit he did get to see that confusion doesn't affect Dark types as Venna was the one to accidently kill a Lunatone.
The failure of the Archie fight lays primarily on me, though, the kne who knows how to play this childrens game, as Lewis would not have lost a single Pokemon if it weren't for me.
>>
File: Emerald4.png (353 KB, 1200x804)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>55896753
Bump. Norman goes down without any losses
>>
>>55897270
Hitmonchan also has a pretty poor learnset until gen 4, Mach Punch is its only natural 100% accurate STAB move.
>>
Bump.
>>
>Have been using Fearow all playthrough.
>Only victory road and E4 left.
>Caught a Bagon.
I know Salamence is great and all, but I dunno if I want to grind him up when I'm right at the end...
This is my first time doing Hardcore though, so maybe I should just to improve my chances. Wiping in E4 would be crushing.
>>
>>55902115
take the rare candypill
>>
File: 25 hours so far.png (128 KB, 955x633)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>55853256
>very first nuzlocke
>vanilla leaf green
>2nd attempt
Blaine and Giovanni were extremely easy, on the way to Victory Road.
Only (meaningful) death was Lv 39 Butterfree on Koga's gym and looking back on it the only reason she died was because I made a bad call for 4 turns in a row.
What can I expect for E4? Level cap is freaking 63 so I don't know if I wanna grind for hours if it isn't needed
>>
>>55902228
Shhhhhh
>>
>>55902237
Rarecandies. And no, your team is pretty ready for the e4, so long as you have taught enough thunderbolt/ice beam.
>>
File: Emerald5.png (362 KB, 1200x847)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>55899463
Skyla down. Have so many good mons at this point that i'm having trouble decide who to keep on my team.
>>
Is there a pokemon that no matter how hard you've tried, you can't seem to make it survive very long in a nuzlocke?

Also, have you noticed that sometimes, when you get a new mon on your team, you think about all his potential and how cool he'd be to have toward the end of the run, only for him to immediately die just a couple of battles later?
>>
File: MISTAKE.gif (93 KB, 220x211)
93 KB
93 KB GIF
>>55903017
>Road right after Fortree
>Silas and Lapitz in a double battle against a manectric and a castform
>"I should swap out Silas since it's x4 weak to electric".
>"But wait, i can just fake out the manectric and use Surf once before switching."
>"Mfw the Castform had thunder and it's 100% accurate thanks to the rain on that road
>>
>>55903100
>Also, have you noticed that sometimes, when you get a new mon on your team, you think about all his potential and how cool he'd be to have toward the end of the run, only for him to immediately die just a couple of battles later?
Isn't that because of EVs? Your shitmon that has been with you since Route 1 has probably picked up a lot of random EVs that let them survive shit that they normally wouldn't while your freshly caught smogon darling is just a worse version of what the NPCs have.
>>
>>55903200
I think it's partially that, and on my own part it's bad planning. For example, I'll be stoked that I got a new Bug type Pokemon, and then the very first battle I use him in, I forget that water pokemon often have flying type moves like Peck. That's just stupidity on my own part.
>>
>Got party wiped by a wold Growlith that was two levels higher than my party.
Ok.
>>
>>55903882
How did that happen? Was your whole team weak to its moveset?
>>
>>55904583
Wouldn't get in the ball used howls a lot, "couldn't escape" once one of mine got popped.
>>
>>55904833
RIP anon. For that reason it's helpful to have a Poke Doll or Fluffy Tail or whatever item lets you escape battle instantly-- no harm in knowing when to fold 'em.
>>
File: Screenshot_397.png (705 KB, 1579x883)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
Well, this is my first try on a Hardcore Nuzlocke, and I hope I don't wipe on E4.
Decided to keep the Fearow, he's been around all game.
>>
File: post game blogpost.png (130 KB, 942x629)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>55902237 (me)
That was... pretty bad. Got everyone up to 55 and absolutely choked on the very first fight against Dewgong because I didn't want to lead with Bozo.
After bumbling my way out of Lorelei, both Bruno and Agatha got OHKO by Overkill and did overall fine against Lance. Qween managed to outspeed and crit OHKO Dragonite when otherwise might have died to Outrage.
Champion was a breeze until Charizard, the 7-8 level difference was just too much. Overkill sadly died after just barely missing the 2HKO and after 2 enemy full restore, I finally won with a crit Body Slam.
Looking back almost none of my strats worked and was forced to think on my feet constantly. Zorra was by far my most useless mon with only 1 kill and 1 Fire Blast absorb and while GYARADOS worked, I felt that a traditional slow and special inclined water type would have been better.
I'm thinking of doing an Emerald run next
>>
File: IMG20240518181604.jpg (3.12 MB, 3072x4080)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>55906037
Well, it worked. Tyranitar is a beast, and sand stream was surprisingly useful, seeing as I had Recover, Rest, Giga Drain and Morning Sun. Was able to stall out the Rival's Gyarados.
Shame Max had to die to Lance's Dragonite to get a safe switch to Daeran with Ice Beam. The Phy/Spe split made Outrage Physical, and no one could tank it and outspeed.
Agatha was the worst because she kept hitting Hypnosis, and almost killed Tyler with Nightmare.
This hack really made me wish Larvitar was available early in other games, loved using it.
>>
>>55906584
Nicely done anon, good job.
Also what's with your Circle Pad? Looks a bit different than it should.
>>
>>55906770
My 3ds is like 10 years old, the rubber broke last month, so not its just the plastic.
Works just as well, but might try to find a replacement.
>>
What's the consensus on trade evolutions? I'm doing my second ever nuzlocke, playing Blue. assuming nothing unfortunate happens, I have a level 20 kadabra and level 20 geodude. I know Alakazam is an asskicking powerhouse, but Golem doesn't seem nearly as busted, especially with Rock Throw having 65 accuracy in gen 1
>>
>>55907244
If you can you should go for them, no rules say you can't, and other trainers have Alakazam too.
Of course you can restrict yourself if you want to.
>>
>>55907244
Do you have the means, ie can you trade with yourself? If so, go for it.
Though even Kadabra should still be able to hold its own on account of how ridiculous the Psychic-type is in Gen 1.
>>
>>55905403
>In battle item use
>Ever
>>
>>55907512
Right, I forgot that you can't use items in battle.
In that case you're just fucked then.
>>
>>55907302
>>55907490
Yeah, I'm playing on my 3DS XL vc, I have ambassador 3DS with red vc I can trade with. I feel like a baby going for Alakazam, but I also lost my Gold nuzlocke with Politoed, so I don't feel like I can be too careful. I'm refusing to use TMs until I have 8 badges as an additional rule.
>>
File: 20240518_230842.jpg (1.76 MB, 2215x1646)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
All my team have made it to level 60 and are ready to take on the pokemon league. I will be heading into the pokemon league tomorrow. Any last tips and advice?

Their moves currently are.
Magnezone: Mirror Shot, Thunder Wave, Zap Cannon and Discharge.

Leafeon: Magical Leaf, GrassWhistle, Bite and Grass Knot.

Yanmega: Bug Buzz, Ancient Power, Pursuit and Air Slash.

Weavile: Dark Pulse, Metal Claw, Icy Wind and Ice Beam.

Lucario: Bone Rush, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse and Close Combat.

Pelipper: Fly, Water Pulse, Surf and Hydro Pump.

Should any changes in my moves be made?
>>
>>55907751
if you have the shock wave tm, I'd throw that on pelipper instead water pulse. same BP for some coverage
>>
>>55907611
meh don't feel bad. that's what's so great about being lucky enough to catch an early abra, you get a really powerful mon early. it's like evolving nidoking right away with the stone from mt moon. sometimes you just gotta take advantage of the gifts you're given
>>
>>55907611
You got Abra legit, there's no shame in getting Alakazam.
>>
File: Emerald6.png (420 KB, 1197x1016)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>55903114
Lost Fernando to a random Graveler at the magma hideout which is a shame since i was planning to champion him in order to improve my odds of getting a ralts in OR/AS. On the bright side i caught a modest Psyduck at the safari zone who also has cloud nine. Should be helpful in countering any sunny day shenanigans Tate and Liza might try.
>>
I have beaten elite four member Aaron. First my Yanmega was able to take out his Yanmega and Vespuquen with one Ancient Power for each, then my Pelipper one shots his Heracross with a Fly, then my Lucario one shots his Scizor with a Close Combat before taking out his Drapion with one Earthquake.
>>
File: qmu1fvia1cl51.jpg (36 KB, 640x609)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I keep losing early on in Pokemon Silver for the GBC... Feels bad man. Last time, I died to Morty because of his Mean Look/Nightshade/hypnosis/Dream Eater bullshit. This time I lost to Whitney because Clefairy's Metronome got lucky and killed two of my mon, and all the pokemon left were vulnerable to rock type... Shit's awful.

Pic related, it's me and my fucking pokemon
>>
I have beaten the elite four member Bertha. First I sent out Leafeon against her Whiscash, it failed to put it to sleep with a grasswhistle which allowed Whiscash to use sandstorm, after a grassknot failed to take it out, Leafeon took some damage, Bertha healed her Whiscash and Leafeon used Giga Drain and was able to heal itself while taking out Whiscash, next Weavile took out Gliscor with an Avalanche but not without taking some damage, I then sent Leafeon out again to one shot Golem with a Grass Knot, then Pelipper one shotted her Rhyperior with a Surf and finally I sent out Leafeon against and defeated the Hippowdon with one Grass Knot.
>>
>go to pokemon center to have enough rock throw PP for Lt. Surge.
>miss 12/15 times between his 3 pokemon, 9 of which were in a row.
Jesus christ I can't believe Stone Miss isn't even as bad as I thought compared to gen 1 RT.
>>
I have beaten the elite four member Flint however two casualties came from that battle. First my Lucario took out his Houndoom with a powerful Close Combat, then Pelipper took out Flareon with one Surf and things where going smoothly, then out came Infernape, I knew Infernape knew Thunderpunch and it could take out Pelipper in one shot and that Infernape may be faster than Pelipper and so may go first, so I switched out Pelipper and sent out Yanmega instead, Yanmega is faster than Infernape and was able one shot Infernape with an Air Slash, so things are still going good, I send out Pelipper to take out his Rapidash, Pelipper uses Surf but it doesn't take out Rapidash in one shot, Rapidash charges up for a Solar Beam and Pelipper finishes it off with a Brine and then is where everything falls to shit, Flint sends out his Magmortar, I knew Magmortar knows Thunderbolt which could take out Pelipper in one shot however I never knew Magmortar was faster than Pelipper and so I was hoping one powerful Hydro Pump could take out Magmortar before it attacks, I was wrong, Pelipper was killed by a Thunderbolt delivered by Flints Magmortar and it wasn't over, I send out Lucario next hoping that Earthquake could take it out and while it did do alot of damage, it did not take Magmortar out and Lucario got killed by a nasty Flamethrower, finally Yanmega saved the day and took out Magmortar with one Ancient Power and I won but I had lost two good pokemon.

RIP Fish Chips the Pelipper and Anubis the Lucario, both those two shall be missed and will be remembered for coming this far only to be killed by Flints Magmortar.
>>
I’m playing through vanilla Black right now and holy shit, how have I never noticed how fucking cracked Audino is?
You can guarantee catching one on Route 3 real easily (the other encounters are trash anyway) and it has soooo much defense, it can tank three times as much damage as your other members by that point
Audino can’t deal much damage but it can stand up even to Herdier which is usually a nightmare when all your Pokemon are level 16.
Now I don’t have to pick Tepig every time to win against Lenora, Audino can actually go toe to toe with Watchog. Such a simple thing and it’s so effective
>>
>>55911068
It's got pretty decent defensive stats and is likely tankier than anything you've got at that point, which is nice. And you also get to remove it from every other route's shaking grass encounter table so that you can instead guarantee whatever else shows up there.
>>
I've beaten the elite four member Lucien but at what cost? Three of my pokemon died in that battle. My Leafeon took out his Mr Mime with just a few Bites, then Magnezone took out Espeon and Gallade by Paralyzing them both and taking them both out with a few Mirror Shots, Zap Cannons and Thunders, then came out Alakazam, this is where things got stressful because of how powerful Psychic is of a move, I kept switching between Leafeon, Weavile and Yanmega and though it was very stressful, Yanmega took out Alakazam with a Pursuit and finally then comes Bronzong, Bronzong is able to take out both my Leafeon, Weavile and Weavile in that order and it was over, in the end, Bronzong only had little HP left and Magnezone was able to finish it off giving me the victory but I lost three pokemon and now all I have left to take on Cynthia is one Magnezone.

RIP Leafy the Leafeon, Drago the Yanmega and Sneed the Weavile, all three of my pokemon made it far only to get killed by Luciens Bronzong.

It's over for me.
>>
It's officially over, I lost my Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke. In the final battle with Cynthia, Magnezone was able to take out Spiritomb and that was it, Cynthia sent out Garchomp and one Earthquake was enough to take out Magnezone, killing Magnezone and leaving me with no pokemon left, I lost in the end and its over for me.

RIP Spark Plug the Magnezone, Magnezone was the last surviver in my nuzlocke and was the last pokemon I got not joining my team until after I had already beaten 8 gyms.

So what now? What do I do now?
>>
>>55911210
Play a game where it's less of a commitment to grind a team so that you don't just instantly lose if you wipe in the e4.
>>
>>55911321
What game should I nuzlocke next then?
>>
>>55911363
Not that anon, Crystal I think would be a good choice, you don't need to grind as much due to how stats are calculated in gen 2 compared to everything after. Be prepared for Whitney and to grind a bit though.
>>
Bump.
>>
Pokemon Shield is such a fucking slog.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (347 KB, 1200x1237)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
It's been a bumpy few weeks, but I finally have time to continue my randomized autismlocke! I got Arlo and Stu leveled up, and I just made it to Lavender Town. I'll take on the Celadon gym tomorrow, but it's good to be back.
>>
>>55911363
what ones have you done? the Hoenn games aren't so bad for grinding from what I remember. or XY, they're on the easier side but still fun.
sorry for your loss in Platinum but at least you made it all the way to Cynthia, I'd still be proud of that.
>>
>>55913467
XY is the single easiest game in the series, is the consensus from basically everyone.
>>
File: Emerald7.png (421 KB, 1197x1016)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
>>55909932
Tate & Liza down.
>Claydol dies to crit leaf blade turn 1
>Xatu uses calm mind
>Solrock that came into replace the claydol catches a surf to the face and dies to a second leaf blade on turn 2
>Lunatone meets the same fate on turn 3
>Only enemy mon that got attacks off were the Xatu who used a confuse ray and 1 calm mind boosted psychic before getting taken out by strength & ice beam
>>
>>55913573
for sure. they can still be fun to nuzlocke just cause of the sheer variety of pokemon. there's also a handful of random trainers that will absolutely body you if you let your guard down.
>>
considering all the fitchier links in the OP are dead, anybody have links to the 3ds/switch titles?
>>
File: file.png (254 KB, 1077x727)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>Goal is to play though every Pokemon generation reverse chronologically with the second title and then chronologically with the first title with-out wiping once.
>I.E I start with Shield then move down to Ultra Sun, then Sun, then Y, and so on and so forth until I hit Blue, at which point I switch to Red, and then play up until I reach Sword at which point I will go to heaven and get raped by 70 virgin Pokemon.
>First non-static non-male Pokemon I find on a route I must catch
>No in battle item use barring held items.
>Static Pokemon may be caught, but must be caught in a premier ball and can only be used on a tails on a coin flip
>Each full heal NPC can only be used once for it's intended purpose, since Ethers can't be gained in mass, I am allowed to use Pokemon Centers when I have no statuses and am at full health. (no using PCs for their full heal effect either)
>I am allowed to use overworld Pokemon only if there is not "grass" or fishing spots
The grass encounter tables in SwSh are fucking abysmal, I'm not sure why they barely resemble the overworld tables. You can not get a Nickit in the first areas, but Purloin is on like 40% of the early game grass encounter lists.
You can skip the PokeCenter tutorial, but nothing else, that is a choice they made.
I love how the characters have lip-sync but no voices, and how improved human models was an explanation for removing Pokemon.
It is impressive how much less attractive Zamazenta is compared to Zacian with so few design changes. Which reminds me of how Pokemon SwSh is so much less fun than the rest of the Pokemon games with so few design changes.
>>
>>55914649
GameFreak is always one step forward, three steps back as of late. I'm pretty sure they used models and animations in general as justification for the dexcut and i'm also pretty sure that was a lie.
>>
Can someone give me any ideas for a new nuzlocke since I lost on Pokemon Platinum? I want one with unique rules. As for the game, I'm thinking of playing pokemon X next.
>>
>>55915517
go back and finish playitum sissy white boy
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (388 KB, 1200x1322)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
>>55913357
Glad I'm getting back into the swing of things. That's half of the gym leaders accounted for.

Erika's Team:
>Dugtrio
Outspeeds Axel, and uses Blizzard, taking a third off of Axel's health and freezing it. I switch to Arlo as Dugtrio sets up a Swords Dance. Dugtrio Blizzard and Arlo uses Hydro Pump, putting them in the red and the yellow respectively. I switch to Kit into a crit Blizzard, putting it at about half health, and kill Dugtrio with Kit's Quick Attack.
>Magnemite
Kit's Egg Bomb shaves off half it's health, and 2 follow up Quick Attacks finish it off.
>Primeape
I switch to Stu, expecting to be able to kill it with Psychic, but instead, it uses Explostion, OHKO'ing both parties.

It really stings that I lost Axel and Stu JUST before they were set to evolve. I'm still not super optimistic about my team, but at least Wheeler and Angie aren't weak to ground. Gonna clear the game corner, and then head to Saffron to take on Sabrina.
>>55915517
Apocalockes are pretty fun. I think Kalos' wide selection of Pokemon would make it work.
>>
>>55916054
What's that?
>>
>>55914649
How do you bear doing this sort of challenge in a game that effectively has what feels like a 1 hour unskippable intro? Just preplan it out so you don't die? I really like everything else about Sword so I was thinking of trying, but the game really doesn't feel built for it.
>>
>>55916455
Just don't die? SwSh aren't hard games.
>>
>>55916424
https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/apocalocke-challenge.396549/
>>
File: Ghost trial gone.png (634 KB, 1296x859)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
And I'm back again.
After beating the electric trial I swapped out Sudowoodo with my new Alolan Graveler. Golem carried me all the way back in my first SS run and I need all the held I can get. Lost my Dugtrio because of a low magnitude roll, which sucked, then I lost Bugle the Toucanon to the most bastard Honchkrow which hit 5 critical hits in a fucking row. Superluck night slash is no joke, my God. Wish I could've brought her further, Toucanon was surprisingly fun to use.
Replaced them with Majesty the Lilligant (a bit of a one-trick pony but Quiver Dance and Synthesis is a very good trick) and Dreamer the Komala, who I then had to sacrifice almost immediately after she was trained against Totem Mimikyu. Thank God for Rock Blast
Lotta losses in a short amount of time. The quick rate I lose stuff and the constant cutscenes are ruining my motivation honestly.
Gonna hold out from adding shiny Haunter to the team for a little longer, she doesn't add much versatility to the team and I'm scared of losing her.
Now to vanish for another few weeks, probably.

>>55916455
Unless you're really unlucky you really shouldn't have to do the SwSh start more than once.

>>55916054
>Fire Blast Chansey
Man full random runs are just straight bullshit sometimes, huh? Real good job getting through it so far.

>>55914649
Honestly I was kinda looking forward to revisit SwSh after UM, but then your post reminded me of what playing SwSh is like. Maybe I should think of a rule to include overworld encounters at least.
Anyone got any ideas?

>>55913612
Tate & Liza are either a nightmare or super easy (in Emerald, otherwise they're always super easy). Really based team. Keeping water gun on Armaldo is wild though.

>>55910858
Make sure to keep a Geodude alive, they can carry your run.

>>55911210
Damn that sucks. Cynthia was a lost cause, but why didn't you switch to Magnezone earlier against Bronzong? Seems like it would've been a better matchup.
>>
Quick bump.
>>
>>55917320
The Geodude line is the GOAT of Johto effective against half the gyms and a safe switch in against Team Rocket's suicide bombers.
>>
File: Sapphire Nuz part 1.png (344 KB, 1320x830)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
I decided to actually try one of these again starting with sapphire after my red save got corrupted, other then my own mistake (not paying attention) things have been going great!
>>
>>55917320
It knows Earthquake.
>>
Hello guys.

I don't feel like doing a nuzlocke as of now, I was planning one but right now I feel depressed and suicidal, my mental health is low. See I want to be apart of a online community but I feel excluded from it because someone I used to follow doesn't like me for some reason blocked me with no explanation and I just missed following their account and commenting in their posts because i really liked what they posted, they where practically the best account in this specific community, right now I excluded from said community. Its not pokemon but I just feel like talking to someone about it.
>>
File: file.png (39 KB, 680x218)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>55917320
>Honestly I was kinda looking forward to revisit SwSh after UM, but then your post reminded me of what playing SwSh is like. Maybe I should think of a rule to include overworld encounters at least.
I had it when looking at the encounter tables, convert them to a dice encounter table and then "roll" for what Pokemon you would get, you could
I.E.Route 1 would be done from 1-20, with 1-10 being Skwovet, 11-16 being Rookidee, 17-19 being Wooloo, and 20 being Living_Fleshlight. Then you just go towards the first Pokemon of rolled species.
>>
File: 1709581419523963.jpg (500 KB, 1204x1378)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>55919095
go for a walk and do some pushups
>>
File: Sapphire Nuz part 2.png (293 KB, 1320x752)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>55918670
I have made some grave errors
>>
>>55917320
>Keeping water gun on Armaldo is wild though
I don't think i've used the move a single time. He's been mainly gaining levels through exp share because i was afraid i'd lose him before he has a chance to evolve at lvl 40. Probably teach him earthquake or something when i can find a suitable TM.
>>
>>55919095
That sucks to hear. I think the best thing would be to clear your mind for a day or two, then maybe find someone else to interact with in the community, but don't devote everything to it either.
>>
>>55917320
And you're not even at Ultra Necrozma yet. I knew USUM were brutal, but jeeze.
>>55919713
Did you get lucky with Leech Seed or Supersonic?
>>
File: 1503245581267.jpg (86 KB, 500x500)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>Enemy Muk has Minimize, acid armor, sludge and screech
>It got a bunch of minimizes and acid armors off so now i can't hit or damage it
>Luckily have a steel type so it can't wipe my team either
>Just have to wait for struggle to kick in
>acid armor has 40 pp
>screech has 40 pp
>>
What do you do when the game crashes in the middle of the battle and you've already lost a Pokemon?
Do you go back into it with the same plan but just remove the dead Pokemon after?
Go back into it with the dead Pokemon already removed?
>>
File: batty.png (95 KB, 500x583)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>55913612
Took out Juan and made it through victory road. Sadly the last double battle at victory road claimed Didi. A damn Slaking of all things crit her with a thunderbolt. Guess i'll go catch a Spheal as a replacement since i can't afford to buy a third ice beam TM
>>
>>55887259
Did Candice’s gym last night, fuck her Medicham. Lost my Lucario and Skuntank to it. The -Speed nature probably let it out speed me.
>>
I've decided to start doing another Pokemon nuzlocke, this time on Pokemon X because of how easy gen 6 is and I failed my Pokemon Platinum nuzlocke.

It will be the same rules as last time, if a pokemon is defeated, it is dead and cannot be revived, im only allowed to get the first pokemon I encounter in an area unless its a gift pokemon and I'm only allowed a maximum of six pokemon, no more than that.

Wish me good luck.
>>
File: 650.png (122 KB, 475x475)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
My starter Pokemon is a Chespin, I'm used to picking Fennekin or Froakie when it comes to gen 6 so I decided to pick Chespin instead.

My Chespins nickname is Spike.
>>
File: pidgey.jpg (106 KB, 770x826)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I caught my very first Pokemon on route 2, a Pidgey. Being a flying type, this should help me take on the bug type gym leader Viola.

My Pidgey's nickname is Peck.
>>
>>55922655
Nigger all i had left was a Magnezone.
>>
>>55922748
Go away Shaun.
>>
I have beaten the first gym leader Viola and my god was she easy. She has to be the easiest gym leader in Pokemon, my Chespin took out her Surskit and Vivillion with Rollout and it had no problem at all. I didn't even need to use Pidgey like I said I would. Chespin is a grass type, grass types are supposed to be weak against bug yet Viola went down to fast.
>>
File: 651.png (128 KB, 475x475)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
Good news, Chespin has evolved into Quilladin. I didn't even realise the exp share was on so it evolved without even battling. Oh well, I'm not a fan of Qulladin's design so I can't wait for it to evolve into its better final form.
>>
>>55922151
idk man that's a tough one. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be tempted to just accept the grace from God and try a do-over. but if that's gonna eat at your conscience, I would probably do the former (use the mon in battle still, but sacrifice him)
>>
>>55923180
I never used to like Quilladin but the goofy fuckers actually grew on me during a nuzlocke. he's one of my favorite middle stage starters now

anyway, XY is pretty breezy but there's a few trainers to watch out for in the next couple routes so don't drop your guard. off the top of my head there's an early kababra and a furfrou double battle that will kick your teeth in if you're not careful
>>
File: charmander.jpg (120 KB, 834x942)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
After battling Professor Sycamore, I received a Charmander from him. I usually pick Bulbasaur but I already have a grass type and I'm not a fan of Squirtle so I picked Charmander because I've never picked it before.

My Charmander's name is Pyre.
>>
>>55923192
>furfrou double battle
That battle can a run ender. I think there is also a battle with a Bagon with Dragon Rage shortly after.

And just lost my Ponyta while grinding to a crit Hi Jump Kick from a wild Meditite.
>>
File: 1692851591352649.gif (992 KB, 250x250)
992 KB
992 KB GIF
>>55922655
>YOU FAILED AT CYNTHIA ON OURPOSE SIMP
only vore post i've ever laughed at
>>
>>55923192
Thanks for the advice.
>>
I just wasted money on a haircut in the salon only to change it back to how it was. I wish refunds existed to the pokemon universe.
>>
File: 017.png (154 KB, 475x475)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
Pidgey has evolved into a Pidgeotto. Though I never used Pidgey in the bug type gym, their is the fighting type gym to use Pidgeotto on now that it's evolved.
>>
>>55883815
Easy wins after the Sabrina debacle last time. No losses through Blaine, Giovanni, and pre-league rival fight. Next up will finish off Kanto with Victory Road and the league. On to Johto if we survive!
>>
File: image-97.png (400 KB, 1315x956)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>55898391
First, I gave in and started cheating rare cnadies instead of running back and forth.
Except for Pokémon who lack any offensive attacks to power level with.
Overheat makes pain happen, Torkoal melted my Numel and forced me to switch through my entire side of the team.
Setting up leech seed on the level 28 Slaking and then spamming Vital throw made Norman a very easy boss, if only Shell Bro's Overheat hit, we wouldn’t have wasted three oran berries, not that they are relavant at this stage.
No matter how helpful Justina is, I will never enjoy putting a fat woman on screen.
Shell Bro is really strong, but he's a one stage, and most pokemon will be reaching the third stage by now. Honestly, it feels like Norman's level was chosen specifically to stop my team from evolving
I really wanted a Flygon out of Route 111, but things never pan out. Let Lewis choose our fossil.
Lewis got rid of Sing, which was the worst thing, and looking at the gym coming and our team comp, it's going to be a blood bath, and probably a run ender.
>>
is doing a run without level caps gay?
>>
>>55923344
>And just lost my Ponyta while grinding to a crit Hi Jump Kick from a wild Meditite.
that's why rare candies are BS
>>
>>55925125
Not necessarily, you have to go out of your way to overlevel in most cases, and it can be nice to not worry about level caps in a more casual run.
>>
>>55853256
YWNBAPN
>>
File: charmeleon.jpg (127 KB, 851x1000)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
My Charmander has evolved into Charmeleon and now knows Dragon Rage. Honestly I like Charmeleon's red colour, I wish it remained red when it evolves into Charizard.
>>
File: 104.png (152 KB, 475x475)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
In Glistening Cave, I caught myself a Cubone. Ground types are my favourite so I was looking forward to getting on of the many ground types in Kalos.

My Cubone's name is Bones.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (475 KB, 1200x1322)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>55916054
Been a bumpy road, but I decided to go after Koga before Sabrina. Despite being underleveled, the fight went smoothly.

Koga's Team:
>Muk
I lead with Marshall, and have it scout Muk's moves with Mimic, revealing a moveset of Stomp, Comet Punch, Body Slam, and Ice Beam. I take Ice Beam as Muk uses it, freezing Marshall. From there, I switch to Garth, who 3HKOs Muk with Dig, taking an Ice Beam and a Stomp in the process.
>Arbok
I know from my own Arbok (Axel) that they carry Flamethrower, so I switch to Austin. Arbok sets up Minimizes, and Austin able to 2HKO it with Dig.
>Raticate
I know from my own Raticate (Wheeler) that these carry STAB Egg Bomb and Bubblebeam/Water Gun, so I switch to Kit. Kit's Earthquake 3HKOs Raticate as it wastes it's turns setting up Light Screens and Meditate.
>Kadabra
2HKO by Kit's Earthquake as it wastes both of it's turns trying to use Teleport.

Losing Arlo and Angie sucks, but I can't say I'm suprised. I can only hope there are no more deaths from here on out. My team is pretty stacked right now, and so are my reserves. Gonna go grab the HMs for Surf and Strength at the Safari Zone, and gonna go after Silph Co.
>>55925058
>Wobbuffet
Interesting. Is it any good?
>>
>>55926298
>Interesting. Is it any good?
10/10 suicide pivot.
>>
>>55925128
Yep. Best part is that that Ponyta had Run Away, so I could have just run too, but Hail damage is what actually killed it.
>>
File: Emerald8.png (440 KB, 1195x1014)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>55922199
Found a modest Clamperl and forgot there's an Ice beam TM at the abandoned ship so got myself a gorebyss instead. Now it's just the tiresome grind to the lvl 55
>>
>>55925128
>>55923344
Only if you are grinding in an area where you can be one shot, like a retard.
>>
>>55927755
Let me just spend hours grinding on level 20 shitmons, since I’m playing on physical hardware, and not emulating.
>>
>>55927818
>Game shark codes were made for emulators
>>
>>55923344
Yeah, the Dragin Rage trainer is right on route 8. I don't understand why they made the random trainers so mean and not the gym leaders.
>>
>>55927462
I think this is the first time i've ever seen someone use Gorebyss.
>>
>>55929523
It's actually pretty neat. Good defenses and SP attack + swift swim fixes the slow speed. Can learn stuff like iron defense, amnesia and psychic. Really goes to show how saturated the water pokemon are with good options. Might try to make huntail work as well once i get around to ORAS.
>>
File: shiny.jpg (242 KB, 1008x756)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>55927462
>Grinding away for elite four
>Meet my first ever shiny outside of red gyarados
Huh. Wish it was a mon that i hadn't already championed. Might have replaced someone on my team with it otherwise.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (484 KB, 1200x1365)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>55926298
That's 6 gyms now.

Sabrina's Team:
>Shellder
Killed by Austin via 3 Digs and a Fly, taking a Sky Attack and dodging Guillotines and Fire Spins in the process.
>Slowbro
Austin's Fire Spin did very little, so I switched to Axel, who managed to poison it with Sludge first try. From there, Axel's Sludge whittled it down as it took multiple Horn Attacks head on, Slowbro eventually succumbing to poison when Axel was barely clinging on to dear life.
>Venusaur
With Axel nearing death, I switch back to Austin, who immediately gets half of it's remaining health shaved off thanks to Egg Bomb. Not wanting to take any risks, I switch to Kit and spam Earthquake whilst Venusaur Petal Dances. Thanks to a lucky crit, I'm able to reduce Venusaur to the red sooner than later, and it dies after hitting itself thanks to confusion.

Not gonna lie, in a fucked up kinda way, I was kinda hoping Sabrina would kill one of my mons. I would LOVE to bring out some of my reserves, but I'm too attatched to the ones I already have. Kit just absolutely shits on everything. Definitely the luckiest roll on this run, comparable to my Starmie in Red (Starter that knew Psychic) and my Zapdos in Blue (caught with an old rod in Vermillion City in desperation since all except 3 of my mons were dead). Gonna head to Cinnibar and take on Blaine.
>>
File: Emerald9.png (441 KB, 1200x1016)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>>55930136
Emerald cleared. Swapped Ice beam for toxic against Wallace. Almost lost Nolm to the very first elite four member when sky uppercut missed and absol managed to nail him with an aerial ace. Luckily he lived with 3 hp. The champ himself went completely full retard and didn't bother to heal his 1 hp, poisoned Milotic even though he only had used 1 full restore so far which won me the game. Probably doing diamond or pearl next.
>>
>>55921302
So far I've been basically guaranteed to sacrifice at least one mon every Totem fight, so that combined with my usual pace of losses starts really adding up. Doesn't help that other boss fights like the Kahunas and Guzma are actually pretty tough too.
I do like actually preparing and strategizing before boss fights though, it's very different from the cakewalk bosses then walking obliviously into random bullshit trainers in XY.
>>
File: owari.png (56 KB, 945x629)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
damn
>>
File: 698.png (91 KB, 475x475)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
After dealing with Team Flare, I received a Sail Fossil from a scientist in Glistening cave, I took to Ambrette Town and revived the fossil and now I have the pokemon Amaura.

My Amaura's name is Aurora.
>>
Well I've just beaten the gym leader Grant however it came with a loss. See Grant's team is actually pretty tricky to counter, I first sent my Quilladin against his Amaura, despite Amaura being an ice type and having an advantage against grass types, Quilladin was able to outspeed his Amaura and take it out with three needle arms. Then Grant sends out Tyrunt, I send out my Amaura because ice is strong against dragon however his Tyrunt outspeeds my Amaura and defeats it with one Rock Tomb I did not see coming. I finished the battle by sending out Cubone to defeat his Tyrunt and won the battle but Amaura didn't even get to contribute and his death could of easily have been prevented.

RIP Aurora the Amaura. Poor pokemon wasn't on my team for very long, it was the last pokemon I got before its death.
>>
File: file.png (258 KB, 1075x724)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>55914649
Really easy gym, had a harder time with getting Laquesha into a greatball. Nessa's Goldeen hit Genna Ella with something, lived Shock Wave with 1hp, got quick attacked out of existence, Nessa's Arrokuda hit Genna Ella with Aqua Jet, got paralyzed, swaped in Paula safely, reduced Arrokuda to a raisin, double dynamax Nessa's Drednaw, hit me for a third of my health and succumbed to his 4x weakness. not sure why there isn't an animation for when two people dynamax on the same turn, but it's just the most culturally relevant series to the third largest economy in the world, why put in effort.
Can't explain why but I always thought of Electike and Manectric as being Pokemon with high base speed and base physical attack, probably just association with Joelton being an electric quadruped.
Speaking of I have yet to catch a Pokemon I would be really enthusiastic to lock legs with. Gen 8 has a remarkable unfuckable set of encounters. (I want actual harm to befall the person who put mustaches on female Theivuls, not that I have one anyway.)
...and speaking of that speaking of, eviolite and everstone should have had their abilities combined.
>>
>>55931741
Is that Emerald Watson? No shame in losing to him.
>>
>>55932229
Shame you couldn't get Diggersby, it made Grabt a joke in my run, with maxed defensive IV's granted.
>>
File: Pearl1.png (221 KB, 1200x809)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>55930973
I had forgotten how slow everything in Pearl and Diamond is. Beat the first gym. Not sure what mons i want on the team yet besides the starter and the zubat. Going to try and champion crobat so that evo line can stop ruining my first encounters in caves. Might get a Steelix if i can find a metal coat in one of my other 4gen game save files
>>
Fuck. I've lost another pokemon. This time my Pidgeotto. It was killed by Korrina's Lucario. Not the gym battle, the battle you fight against her in Geosenge town. I thought because Pidgeotto's a flying type, it would be effective against Lucario and then its gust was doing nothing. Luckily enough Cubone was able to take out both her Lucario's which means I lost Pidgeotto for nothing.

RIP Peck the Pidgeotto. I never used Pidgeotto against the bug type gym back when it was a Pidgey but I knew I would have used Pidgeotto in the fighting type gym, only to be defeated by the fighting type gym leader that wasn't even the actual gym battle.
>>
^^^
connor you suck nigger dicks at the pokemon
>>
File: revenge.png (308 KB, 1898x631)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>55934211
I was too cocky the first time honestly, this old man humbled me hard. Turns out Gloom hard counters this gym, and she would have survived if she didn't miss her Sleep Powder.
RIP Sapling, it would have been another wipe if not for you
>>
>>55934784
Ended up Taking onix on the team since she was a nice counter to commander Mars' fat cat. Didn't evolve her yet though. Now just waiting for night to arrive so i can check some honey trees + hopefully catch a misdreavus from the Eterna forest
>>
File: 1704023613762265.png (510 KB, 1200x1451)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>55930377
That's all gyms defeated.

Blaine's Team:
>Golbat
I lead with Marshall, who takes out Golbat with 2 Seismic Tosses and a Strength attack. In this time, Golbat set up a leer and uses Bubble Beam, taking a quarter of Marshall's health.
>Ninetales
Marshall outspeeds and uses Strength, taking a decent chunk of Ninetales' health, as Ninetales sets up Minimize. Despite this, the next Strength attack connects, leaving Ninetales with about a quarter of it's health left. Unfortunately, Ninetales' Psychic crits, leaving Marshall at 1/10 health and lowering it's Special. Predicting a heal from Blaine, I switch to Kit. Fortunately, Ninetales sets up Double Team, and Kit is able to 2HKO Ninetales with Swift, tanking a super effective Psychic attack in the process.
>Kingler
I switch to Wheeler as Kingler tries to use Soft-Boiled. Wheeler can only get off 3 Egg Bombs it runs out of PP. As Kingler sets up Focus Energy, Wheeler sets up Agility, and 4HKOs Kingler with Cut, with the help of a lucky crit.

(1/2)
>>
File: marowak.jpg (47 KB, 466x561)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Cubone has evolved into Marowak. Now I have a powerful ground type pokemon that shall be useful against the electric type gym.
>>
>>55935325
(2/2)
Giovanni's Team:
>Spearow
2HKO by Austin's Fly.
>Dewgong
Austin's Tri Attack does nothing, but Dewgong's Blizzard OHKOs Austin. I switch to Axel, who manages to kill Dewgong with 2 Hi Jump Kicks, dodging a Blizzard in the process.
>Nidorina
A particularly annoying combo of Bind and Hypnosis keeps Axel unable to attack for a while, but it pulls through, and kills Nidorina with 3 Aurora Beams.
>Pidgeot
I switch to Kit, and get slept via Hypnosis immediately. Fortunately for me, Kit wakes immediately and 3HKOs Pidgeot with Surf, Pidgeot's Slash attack and further attempts at Hypnosis proving fruitless.
>Ninetales
Even though I know these things carry Psychic, I still stay in because Kit packs EQ. Kit and Ninetales trade an EQ and Psychic respectively, both sides critting, putting both in the red. By this point, I greatly regret dumping Quick Attack for EQ, but I outspeed, so I go for another Earthquake, and thankfully, Giovanni doesn't heal up.

Gonna grind up Legend for the league. It's movepool is pitiful, but I can give it Strength, Fly, and Surf, and it is a Mewtwo after all. It really sucks losing Austin this late though.

>>55935278
Dope team, love the Grass/Fire/Water core. I always try to make one during a regular playthrough.
>>
File: 1667800574694268.jpg (286 KB, 750x713)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
Do you guys consider the elemental monkey trio in the Dreamyard the encounter for the route, or do you take a mon from the grass after the gym too?
>>
>>55935418
Personally, I don't count any giftmons as encounters.
>>
>>55935271
I mean I literally beat a pomemon black 2 nuzlocke and nearly beat pokemon platinum nuzlocke.

Also word of advice, stop talking about African American genitalia.
>>
I've beaten the fighting type gym leader Korrina and my god was it a hard long battle. First Marowak took out Mienfoo with Bonemerang, this was no problem. Then Hawlucha comes out, knowing this was a tough pokemon, I had Quilladin use Leech Seed so Hawlucha would lose HP slowly while Marowak tanked the hits, Korrina did heal her Hawlucha twice during the battle which made things really annoying and tough but Marowak was able to take down Hawlucha with a Headbutt when it's HP was low. Finally Quilladin took out Machoke using Leech Seed and Needle Arm. Fuck Korrina. First she kills my Pidgeotto in a previous battle and now she wastes my time with a really long and boring battle. And now I've got to go fight her again.
>>
File: lucario.jpg (89 KB, 658x1000)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
After beating Korrina's Lucario with her own Lucario that she allowed me to use at the top of the Tower of Mastery at Shalour City, she has decided to give us Lucario who is now a member of my team. I don't know if this is the same Lucario that killed my Pidgeotto but if it is, then we now have a pokemon on our team that killed one of my pokemon. So in a way, this Lucario is powerful but also kind of a burden on my team.

My Lucario's name is Redeemer, can it redeem itself for killing Pidgeotto by being on my team?
>>
File: 131.png (132 KB, 475x475)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
At route 12, I received a Lapras from a trainer. Not only do I need a water type to surf across bodies of water but a water and ice type pokemon should be good as I now don't have to worry about any dragon pokemon.

My Lapras's name is Waverider.
>>
Bump.
>>
File: Vs Sabrina.png (206 KB, 1480x953)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>55893356
Ended up fairly overleveled for Sabrina because I assumed she would be 5 levels or so above Koga, instead she was around 5 below.
>Vs Sabrina
>Espeon(Lv40)
Espeon sets up Reflect, but Ragtag(Banette)'s Shadow Claw oneshots regardless. I decide to not use the Mega-Evolution due to the accidental overlevel thing.
>Mr. Mime(Lv40)
It sets up Barrier, preventing Shadow Claw from getting the oneshot. Mr. Mime then Baton Passes, causes Sucker Punch to fail. In comes...
>Reuniclus(Lv42)
Shadow Claw does unimpressive damage, and Reuniclus Calm Minds. Not wanting it to get to set up and blast Ragtag apart, I send Colette(Florges) in on Energy Ball. Colette scores a Dazzle(Dazzling Gleam) Crit to instantly KO. She was holding Razor Claw, it's a good cheap buyable hold item in this hack.
>Mr Mime(Lv40) again
Colette cleans it up with Dazzle.
>Girafarig(Lv43)
Colette uses Wish, and Girafarig uses Calm Mind.
Colette hits Girafarig with another Dazzle, and it uses Future Sight.
Another Dazzle finishes it.
>Gardevoir(Lv44)
A Dazzle crit puts it in the red, as it Calm Minds.
Sabrina uses a Hyper Potion, and Colette Dazzles.
Another Dazzle reduces Gardevoir into the red, and Gardevoir Future Sights.
I expect the Hyper Potion Sabrina uses, and I have Colette Wish.
Another Dazzle as Gardevoir Calm Minds.
Then a final Dazzle Crit takes it out.
>Alakazam(Lv46)
It Calm Minds, but falls instantly to yet another Dazzle Crit.
>>
File: file.png (52 KB, 1077x541)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>55916654
I uhh... mission failed.
>>55932980
>Caught a shellos, in Galar Mine No. 2
>Swapped Rey Skywalk for the Shellos
>I entirely forgot that the Salandit gym trainer in the fire gym attacks you.
>The Shellos died, during the gym challenge
>Zekra a physical attacker got hit by burn, died leaving Kabu's Arcanine with very low health. >Swaped into Kelly, knowing that I would be hitting neutral on Centiskorch killed the Arcanine with quick attack.
>Kabu's Centiskorch has flash fire
>We both hit each-other with neutral attack
>Kelly dies, bring out Genna Ella, she misses paralysis three times.
>Send out Paula, put Kabu's Centiskorch to sleep, saw a crit Acid, knew that even three crit acids in a row wouldn't kill.
>Wakes up in two turns, burnanates everything.
>Velma melts achieving nothing of value.

Rules modified/added
Once you enter a gym you can't leave or use items, or access the box, the gym challenges must be beat in one go.
Non-special over world encounters can be turned into a roll table for SwSh.
>>
File: aaaaAAAAAAAA.png (59 KB, 944x627)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>55935278
Kept losing important mons on every gym fight until DD Altaria got me
That one stung a lot so it's break time
>>
>>55938877
Also no shame in losing to Winona, Dragon Dance is no joke.
>>
>>55937158
You were still under Alakazam's level, so technically not overleveled.
>>
File: pearl2.png (367 KB, 1200x970)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>55935288
>Slather 3 trees with honey
>End up with 3 wurmples
At least the one i caught evolved into a silcoon so it wasn't all a waste. Also caught the misdreavus in Eterna forest. Abused Cheryl a bit and used her to level up some mons i might use in the future, Then went and beat up the second gym and commander Jupiter.
>>
I have beaten the fourth gym leader Ramos and it was pretty easy. First Lapras one shotted his Jumpluff with an Ice Beam, then Charmeleon one shotted his Weepinbell with a Flame Charge and then Gogoat was beaten a unique way, I sent out Lapras first and immediately used Perish Song, i then switched out to Quilladin and waited for Perish Song to defeat Gogoat giving me the victory.
>>
File: Sapphire Nuz Part 3.png (449 KB, 1320x940)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
Had amazing luck against Norman, was worried about the 2 slakings so i trained up anorith just for it, started with breloom to stun spore it missed and almost died to a crit facade, luckily effect spore got it too snooze then swapped in loudred and started with howl then got encored and swept both slakings with supersonic/strength after all the buffs
>>
File: tentacool.jpg (82 KB, 879x718)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I've just caught myself a Tentacool in Azure Bay. Yes it may be a water type which I already have however its also a poison type which I don't have and I will need a poison type for Valerie.

My Tentacool's name is Venom.
>>
>>55941909
Tentacruel will be a great addition to your team, good type and stats plus it uses surf.
>>
File: 1709169052908501.png (512 KB, 1200x1451)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
We're ready for the league, wish us luck!
>>
>>55943378
(1/3)
Lorelei's Team:
>Wigglytuff
I lead with Kit, whose Surf attack puts Wigglytuff into the red. Wigglytuff retaliates with a crit Psybeam, which does a pitiful amount. A follow up Swift attack kills it.
>Magmar
See above, except replace Surf with EQ, and crit Psybeam with Wing Attack.
>Ninetales
I get cocky, and use Surf, only for Ninetale's Psychic to crit, and kill Kit. FUCK! I bring out Axel, and revenge kill Ninetales with Sludge.
>Gastly
4HKO'd by Axel's Aurora Beam.
>Geodude
I switch to Wheeler, who OHKOs Geodude with Surf.

Bruno's Team:
>Gloom
2HKO'd by Axel's Flamethrower.
>Magneton
2HKO'd by Axel's Sludge, but not before setting a Light Screen and shaving off half of Axel's health with Earthquake.
>Slowpoke
I switch to Marshall, and use Mimic, grabbing Thunderbolt from a pool of Thunderbolt, Thunder, Body Slam, and Defense Curl. Unfortunately, Slowpoke's subsequent Thunder attack paralyzes Marshall. Parahax continues as Marshall eats a combination of the aforementioned attack before pulling through and OHKO'ing Slowpoke with Thunderbolt.
>Haunter
By this point, Marshall is in the red while paralyzed, so I bring out Garth, eating a super-effective EQ that does little in the process. Despite the EQ attack, Garth's subsequent Dig OHKOs Haunter as it sets up a Swords Dance.
>Ditto
Killed by 2 separate Thrash attacks from Garth (around 5-6 turns total), Ditto attempting to use Leer, healing itself with Recover, and getting 2 X-Defends from Bruno in the process.
>>
>>55943595
(2/3)
Agatha's Team:
>Jynx
2HKO'd by Garth's Thrash, the latter dealing a crit.
>Lapras
Garth Thrashes for 2 more turns, putting Lapras at about 2/3 health. During this time, Lapras tries and fails to poison Garth with Toxic. Agatha withdraws Lapras and switches to...
>Growlithe
I switch to Wheeler, who 2HKOs Growlithe with Surf, eating a Horn Attack and a Vice Grip in the process.
>Lapras (cont.)
Finishes off by Wheeler thanks to 2 HJKs, eating a STAB Bubblebeam in the process, putting Wheeler in the red.
>Muk
I switch to Garth, who takes a crit Body Slam from Muk, putting it into the yellow. I switch to Legend, who 2HKOs Muk with Surf (thanks to the latter dealing a crit), taking 2 Leech Lifes in the process.
>Gyarados
Legend's Mega Kick does a modest amount, but Gyarados retalitory Crabhammer crits, putting Legend at around 1/4 health. I switch to Axel as Gyarados sets up a Substitute. Axel's Sludge pops the sub, but Gyarados' Stun Spore paralyzes Axel. The next turn plays out the same, but Gyarados' next Crabhammer also crits, OHKO'ing Axel. I switch to Legend once more and revenge kill it with Surf.

Lance's Team
>Meowth
OHKO'd by Wheeler's HJK.
>Abra
Wheeler sets up Agility as Abra uses Seismic Toss. Wheeler then uses Cut, OHKO'ing Abra.
>Hitmonlee
Killed by 2 Surf attacks followed by a Cut, Wheeler getting hit by 2 Fury Attacks back to back in the process.
>Poliwag
I think Wheeler might be able to OHKO it with Cut, but I don't risk it, and send out Legend, who eats a Peck. Shortly after, Poliwag is OHKO'd by Legend's Mega Kick.
>Mr. Mime
3HKO'd by Legend's Karate Chop (thanks to 2 lucky crits), with Mr Mime's Rage barely managing to scratch Legend.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (446 KB, 1200x1291)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>55943599
(3/3)
Champion Blue's Team
>Sandshrew
I scout Sandshrew's attacks with Marshall's Mimic, revealing a movepoll of Mega Kick, Sky Attack, Agility, and Rest. I have Marshall take agility as Sandshrew charges up Sky Attack. Marshall then OHKOs Sandshrew with Fire Blast.
>Cloyster
I have Marshall set up an Agility as Cloyster uses Confusion, which crits, and confuses Marshall. Despite the confusion, Marshall pulls through and 2HKOs Cloyster with Fire Blast, but not before Cloyster poisons Marshall with Toxic.
>Nidoqueen
As Nidoqueen charges Skull Bash, Marshall's Fire Blast shaves off half of Nidoqueen's health and burns her. Unfortunately the next Fire Blast misses, and the (thankfully reduced) damage of the Skull Bash plus the toxic poison leaves Marshall at around 1/3 health. I switch to Wheeler and set up 3 Agilities while Nidoqueen continues to use Skull Bash, doing hardly any damage. Wheeler's Cut finishes off Nidoqueen.
>Blastoise
Unfortunately, Wheeler's HJK doesn't crit, and only deals a small amount of damage. Blastoise sleeps Wheeler with Hypnosis, and reduces it into the yellow zone with Thunder. I switch to Legend as Blastoise's follow up thunder misses. Blastoise goes down thanks to 2 crit Karate Chops and a Mega Kick from Legend as it continues to fire off Thunders in vain.
>Exeggcute
Legend's initial Fly attack crits, leaving Exeggcute with a sliver of health as it charges up Bide. The follow up crit Karate Chop ends it.
>Charizard
OHKO'd by Legend's crit Surf.

Overall, I'm disappointed I lost 2 of the biggest bros of the run. Also add the fact that a newbie came through and carried me through the league. I guess the silver lining is I can use the Gastly and Ekans lines down the line if I come across them.
On a more positive note, I'm finally out of Gen 1! Gonna start the Gold run soon, possibly tonight, if only just ot pick my starter.

Run theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWf1tMa5Ia8
>>
File: hate.jpg (6 KB, 260x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>Excited about getting an eevee from hearthome city
>JK! Only after you get national dex
>>
>>55945159
>playing a sinnoh game that's not platinum
deserved
>>
>Eevee is lvl 20 so it wont learn it's evolution stab move
That's somehow even worse
>>
>>55945268
Just go to the move relearner.
>>
Really wish I had a way to evolve both my Kadabra and Haunter. Kadabra outpaces almost everything in have in Speed and attack power, while underleveled. Thing is stupid. Add in that it is Modest, and if it was an Alakazam it would be broken as fuck. As it sits 137 Sp. Attack and 121 Speed is topped by like 2 things I have available.
>>
>Just go to the local jew
Nah, i'm good.
>>
Playing Fire Red for my Nuzlocke. I regret losing Growlithe.
>>
File: Vs Blaine.png (210 KB, 1480x950)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>55937158
On my way to get the Gym Key for Blaine, Amalasunta(Gothitelle) got taken out by Dark Pulse Crit'd by a Weezing of all things. I was considering using my Analytic Magneton, so I evolved it into Magnezone... and it swapped to the Sturdy ability. Seems like an error on behalf of the hack maker. I ended up going for Himiko the Chinchou instead, leveling her up into a Lanturn. Also ran into a Shiny Cubone in Pokemon Tower while leveling up.
>>
>>55946909
>Vs Blaine
>Torkoal(Lv49)
I intend to set up Drizzle with Athol(Pelipper), but get hit with the Uno reverse Drought Torkoal. Thankfully, I have an insane special tank in Colette(Florges), who I swap in on Lava Plume before swapping Athol back in on the same, finally getting my Drizzle. The Lava Plume bruns Athol. Surf oneshots Torkoal.
>Magmortar(Lv55)
I worry about Thunderbolt here, since the level difference makes me suspect Magmortar won't go down in one hit(might also outspeed Athol). So I swap Himiko(Lanturn) in, and Volt Absorb does its job. Magmortar pulls out Earthquake and does huge damage, but Himiko lives and oneshots back with Surf.
>Ninetales(Level 50)
It sets up Drought when it comes in. Stacking multiple Drought users on Blaine's team is nasty. I swap Athol in to get Drizzle started, and Ninetales one-turn Solarbeam is turned into a charge turn instead, allowing Colette in. Annoyingly, I forgot to give Colette a good move here. Colette Wishes... and Ninetales Nasty Plots. I send in Athol, getting the Wish heal as Ninetales Nasty Plots again. Oh no. Athol is knocked very low by Shadow Ball, gets the KO with Surf, then ends up at 3 HP. No more Athol this battle if I want to keep her.
>Arcanine(Level 50)
I send in Pantaloons(Scrafty), Intimidating it as it Extremespeeds. Arcanine then pulls out Close Combat. Pantaloons is tanky and sits at about half health after both hits, and uses Bulk Up. Another Close Combat fails to KO, and Pantaloons heals all her health back with Drain Punch.
>Chandelure(Level 52)
It Calm Minds, but then gets Crunched on.
>Mega-Camerupt(Level 52)
I go for the knockout with Hi Jump Kick, but it just barely lives the hit and Yawns at Pantaloons. Hyper Potion next, counteracted by a Hi Jump Kick. Pantaloons go to sleep. I try to get the early wake up, but I don't, and Blaine heals the Camel again. I get the second turn wake up and score a Drain Punch hit as Camerupt... yawns again? A final Hi Jump Kick decides the fight.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (322 KB, 1200x1066)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>55943660
After 2 unlucky starts, we got the ball rolling in Johto.

Falkner's Team:
>Muk
Dewey's Sky Attack deals over half of Muk's heatlh, but Muk's Sand Attacks make going for a 2HKO risky, so I switch to Foggy, who Constricts Muk to death.
>Pineco
Foggy's Confuse Ray misses, but Pineco is able to land a crit Aeroblast, leaving Foggy at 1/4 health. I switch back to Dewey, who OHKOs Pineco with Sky Attack.

Bugsy's Team
>Noctowl
4HKO'd by Denny's Stomp, only taking a Psywave in return thanks to 2 lucky flinches.
>Poliwrath
3HKO'd by Lawrence's Mega Drain, eating multiple Flamethrowers in the process.
>Weedle
2HKO'd (4 hits total) by Lawrence's Bone Rush.

Everything is going smoothly so far. I've gotten lucky with my catches and encounters. I also found a Thunderstone on the bottom level of Union Cave, so I'm hopeful Arlene can make it to that point where I can get a Raichu.
>>55946909
>>55946912
>Hannah
>Athol
Cute!
>I send in Pantaloons(Scrafty), Intimidating it as it Extremespeeds. Arcanine then pulls out Close Combat. Pantaloons is tanky and sits at about half health after both hits, and uses Bulk Up. Another Close Combat fails to KO, and Pantaloons heals all her health back with Drain Punch.
Scrafty sounds like a beast. Don't think I've ever had the fortune of using one in game, though.
>>
File: 006.png (140 KB, 475x475)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
While battling a waitress in a restaurant in Lumios city, two of my pokemon evolved at the same time. Chameleon evolved into Charizard and Quilladin evolved into Chestnaught. This is such a surprise as both my starter and the gen 1 starter pokemon given to me by Sycamore both evolved at the same time. First time I've ever had a Charizard and Chestnaught is cool to.
>>
File: 652.png (151 KB, 475x475)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
Here is a picture of Chesnaught. So are their any tough trainers I should be worried about later on past the fifth gym?
>>
File: tentacruel.jpg (121 KB, 900x693)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Another evolution. Tentacool has evolved into Tentacruel. Its so weird having evolution after evolution. Now my team is all fully evolved.
>>
>>55946912
>>55946909
Turns out one of the Cooltrainers in the Viridian Gym had a Wobbuffet. I had to Volt Switch Himiko(Lanturn) out to a mon that was at full health and could likely oneshot the Wobbuffet.
Mirror Coat oneshot Ragtag the Banette for a kill.
Surprise Wobbuffets, so often a killer.
>>
I've beaten the fifth gym leader Clemont and my god he was to easy. Emolga taken down in one hit by Marowak's Thrash, Helioptile taken down in one hit by Lucario's Power Up Punch and then Magneton was easily taken out by Marowak using Bonemerang. I swear to god aside from Grant and Korrina, Kalos's gym leaders have been to easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.13 MB, 4032x3024)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
Getting ready to face the Elite 4 in Brilliant Diamond, and just lost Zelda the Gyarados in the final Barry fight. Need a replacement 6th from this crew. Leaning towards Honchkrow or Haunter (no option to evolve it right now). Technically can get a Steelix in Victory Road, and a Honey Tree Pokémon or Gastrodon from 221 too.
>>
File: pearl3.png (378 KB, 1200x1060)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>>55941398
2 more gyms down. Caught an Aipom that will have technician once it evolves so someone on the team is probably getting replaced soon
>>
File: Firerand-1.png (7 KB, 240x160)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Started a randomized Fire Red run, starter choices were Wailord, Seel, and Salamance. Took Salamance. Literally my first encounter after leaving Oak's Lab.
>>
>>55947263
Congrats on finishing gen 1!
It amuses me that, even in a randomizer, you still got Hoothoot.
>>55947891
Yeah, the gym leaders aren't that tough, at least you didn't have them refuse to use a super effective move on your Pokémon. I don't recall any of the trainers on the following routes being that bad.
>>55948723
Honchkrow or Crobat for sure, but I hope you have something for Cynthia.
>>55949118
If Lionel had Intimidate, he'd be the perfect Luxray.
>>55949626
Millions of fanboys are crying out in dispare anon.
>>
>>55948723
If that is a female Burmy, Wormadam Plant is legit good for Bertha and the Cynthia fight(Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball/Psychic), and Wormadam Trash eats both Aaron and Lucian alive.
>>
I've beaten the sixth gym leader Valerie and my god was she easy. Charizard took out Mawile with one Flame Charge and I also completely forget that I can mega evolve Charizard now but it didn't matter anyway, Mr Mime was a bit of a problem as it kept using Reflect and Light Screen but Lapras was able to take it out with Ice Beam, Surf and Brine with no problem and finally Tentacruel beat her Sylveon using a few Poison Jabs.
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55950494
Nice to hear Wormadam is useful, it's one of those mons I don't think about too often.
>>
>>55950494
I believe it is female. Never realized it is that useful. Though I guess any Bug/Steel type will be useful.
>>
>>55953982
It's somewhat tanky and gets Quiver Dance, letting it go wild when it can find opportunities to set up. Giga Drain helps keep it healthy while doing QD sweeps.
Anticipation is also sort of neat to sniff out any potential Fire type 4x weakness.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (384 KB, 1200x1066)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>55947263
Whitney's Team:
>Charmeleon
2HKO'd (4 hits total) by Lawrence's Bone Rush.
>Gloom
OHKO'd by Dewey's Sky Attack.

Morty's Team:
>Seaking
3HKO'd by Terry II's Body Slam, but not before it sets up Safeguard and gets a Flail off.
>Tyrogue
3HKO'd by Lawrence's Mega Drain, healing off most of the damage from Tyrogue's Ice Punches.
>Pikachu
OHKO'd (3 hits total) by Lawrence's Bone Rush.
>Ursaring
Lawrence's Mega Drain barely dents Ursaring while his follow up Ancient Power takes almost half of Lawrence's health. I switch to Foggy, who lands a DP in one try, with Ursaring killing itself thanks to confusion the same turn.

That's half of Johto's gyms accounted for. Unfortuneately, I can't say I'm surprised Arlene bit it so soon. I'm still considering giving the Thunderstone to Murph and swapping out one of my team for Jolteon, because truth be told, this team is a bit lackluster. I'll definitely teach Surf to Foggy (lord knows he needs it) and maybe Lawrence as well. I might also have to go hunting for TMs, since these movepools probably aren't gonna get any better. Also, I found the Lucky Egg on Ginko after I caught him, so that's nice.
>>55949626
Fuck. My condolences, anon.
>>
>>55954028
>Anticipation is also sort of neat to sniff out any potential Fire type 4x weakness.
Isn't that kinda redundant if you just have documentation/trainer listings on hand? No moveset should ever be a surprise to you.
>>
>>55954028
Just checked, it is male. So thinking Honchkrow is the best option. Now to just grind the team up.
>>
Anyone played sacred gold? Is there any need for sp. def pokemon or def pokemon, or can I just go full attack for every gym plus Elite 4, Blue and Red.
>>
>>55955495
Does "it's a Drayano hack" help at all?
>>
>>55956416
no
>>
>>55956433
Fair enough. I would say it depends on which gym you're currently facing, as someone who hasn't played it. Drayano hacks are the type where you need to plan stuff out in advance.
>>
File: Lotad and Lombre.png (6 KB, 240x117)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>55947693
Was training up Heracross when I realized there were areas that I haven't visited yet added in this hack. Went to one of them and caught a Modest Swift Swim Lotad.
It has more or less perfect team synergy with Drizzle Pelipper and Volt Absorb Lanturn, so I ended up going for Ludicolo instead of Heracross.
>>
>>55956822
So all you have left is the Elite 4 then?
>>
>>55957778
Giovanni too, then the Elite 4.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (405 KB, 1200x1194)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>55954083
Chuck's Team:
>Pidgeotto
Rolling Kick flinches Ginko twice, so I switch to Terry II, and eat 2 Aurora Beams as Strength does little. After Terry II's Sing fails, I switch to Bruce, and kill Pidgeotto with Ancient Power.
>Togetic
3HKO by Bruce's Ancient Power (thanks to Togetic's Barrier), tanking a Hyper Beam in the process.

Jasmine's Team:
>Tentacool
Killed by Lawrence's Vice-Grip (I misclicked) and a 2-hit Bone Rush.
>Houndour
Bone Rush missed, and I can't risk a followup because Houndour used Seismic Toss. I switch to Foggy, who OHKO's Houndour with Surf.
>Gloom
Despite Dynamic Punch hitting, Gloom still manages to get off a Drill Peck. I switch to Bruce, who takes out Gloom with Cut.

We're making good progress. As frustrated as I am with Denny and Dewey's deaths, I'm confident that Bruce and Melanie are good additions to my team. I only hope that Bruce can fill the role of the team tank, since Dewey was, on the low, the MVP of the team. I definitely would've wiped to Falkner if it weren't for him. RIP.
>>55956822 (Checked)
Good luck with Giovanni. I imagine he'd be packing a sand team if the last gym was any indication.
>>
File: emerald 3rd attempt.png (119 KB, 952x630)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>destroy Roxanne with Marill
>destroy Brawly with Dustox
>struggle against Wattson cause no ground type
>destroy Flannery with Gyarados
>struggle against Norman cause no rock/ghost type
>destroy Winona with Castform
guys I'm starting to think that type matchups are kinda important
forgot to take pic of Winona victory
>>
>>55958075
Ah, well good luck!
>>55959625
Maybe a little bit.
>>
I beat Olympia, she was easy. Lapras took out Sigyliph with a few Ice Beams, Chesnaught took out Slowking with soke Seed Bombs and Charizard took out Meowstic with a few Flamethrowers. Pokemon X is to easy, aside from Grant and Korrina, the gym leaders have been easy.
>>
File: pearl4.png (394 KB, 1200x1103)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>55949118
3 more gyms down. had some trouble with abomasnow because of unlucky swagger confusions but in the end Sonata managed to nail it with a +2 boosted iron tail. Raining heavily today so might just grind this all the way to the finish line today
>>
Well after quite a while, I finally lose a pokemon, this time I lost Lapras to the Team Flare grunt posing as a waiter in Lysandre's cafe in Lumios city. I wasn't careful and the grunts Scrafty was able to take out Lapras with a High Jump Kick. I assumed Lapras could take the hit because it had been taking strong hits from other pokemon for a while now.

RIP Waverider the Lapras. Poor Lapras was given to me by a trainer who wanted his Lapras to travel the world and it did get to help m surf across bodies of water in Kalos and help out against Ramos, Valerie and Olympia only to be killed by a lowly grunt.
>>
File: 716.png (115 KB, 475x475)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
After dealing with Team Flare in their HQ, I caught the legendary pokemon Xerneas to my team. One I have an empty slot left after losing Lapras and two, it's the first wild pokemon I've encountered in Geosenge Town, let alone Team Flare's HQ so it still counts. Now for the first time in a nuzlocke, I've got a legendary on my team.

My Xerneas's name is Harmonia.
>>
>>55961629
>>55961629
>>55961629
New thread.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.