[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This didn't exactly age too well and should be left in 1994 where it belongs.
>>
>>10909742
that was one thing i never liked about the 16-bit consoles. a lot of the library was focused on '90s kids shit that was so lame in retrospect and aged really poorly.
>>
I don't care for it either but I don't think juvenile humour can really "age"
>>
Clean up the graphics and sound it would be a solid game to be honest.
>>
>>10909742
I agree which is why it never saw a sequel and the kickstarter for the reboot failed.
That being said there's a bit of 90s time capsule charm to the whole thing.
>>
File: 454354444434.jpg (655 KB, 1523x2089)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
>>10909757
>a lot of the library was focused on '90s kids shit that was so lame in retrospect and aged really poorly.
You don't say.
>>
Some of the music rules.
>>
>>10909759
What even exists nowadays that is comparable? It seems like such a 90s-specific phenomenon.
>>
>>10909923
Of course I mean gross-out humor in particular, not all juvenile humor.
>>
>>10909923
>>10909928
It's very difficult to make stuff that is purely for kids now as children have more control over the media they consume and will deliberately avoid stuff that is obviously childish and instead go fo what the adults are looking at
>>
>>10909923
>>10909928
That really depends on what you consider qualifies, I'd say Don't Hug Me I'm Scared fits the bill. Gross out humour lends itself to absurdity, skibidi
>>
>>10909950
in those less sophisticated times a 40 year old boomer in a corporate boardroom could go "ah but if we put a skateboarding guy in a snapback and the words 'extreme' and 'radical' on the box the kids will eat it up like candy."
>>
>>10909923
Vine, Tiktok, Discord, Twitter shit.
>>
>>10909757
Kids shit only got lamer.
>>
>aged
Kill yourself cancerous subhuman
>>
File: AUTISM.gif (3.55 MB, 510x287)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB GIF
>>10910056
why do you retards always interpret that word literally?
>>
>>10909923
>What even exists nowadays
Memes
>>
>>10910271
Literal or not, it is deemed cancerous rhetoric here. Be descriptive or don't post.
>>
>>10909757
>A lot
Besides Boogerman and Earth Worm Jim, I can't think about a "90s kids shit" game that isn't licensed shit too. Maybe Doom and Duke Nukem 3D but I think those are basically outliers
>>
>>10909742
>should be left in 1994 where it belongs

As opposed to what? Starting a conversation about it today? Do you think that would be a bad thing to do? Please explain to us, OP, why it would be bad to make a Boogerman thread today.
>>
>>10909742
it was one of the better games on sega
how it never got a sequel is a mystery
>>
>>10909742
The game sucks, but you sound like a fag.
>>
>>10909757
Mostly a problem with westoid games
>>
>>10909742
Actually i liked that videogame because of its "toilet humor" of the 90s of ren and stimpy vibes or rocko modern life vibes.
>>
>>10909757
Nintendo’s brand was soulless compared to Sega’s FUN games. With Mario you just jump over holes. SNES had a bunch of RPG autism and kids games. With Sega games you could do much more. It was the cool console. SNES was for kids.
There are guys and gals in their 30s addicted to Pokémon. I’ll take a Sega mascot anyday over the plague cringe of Nintendo kids games.
>>
>>10911425
>Genesis is for...LE ADULTS
>Also Genesis: Has a fucking Barney game.

The Genesis library is marred by tons of western-developed Sega-published licensed slop and crap like Eternal Champions. Plus they only got Capcom and Konami's scraps. Some really strong action games (mostly early on) doesn't override that the SNES is a much better package overall.
>>
>>10910540
>it is deemed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fBiCNiR1E
>>
>>10911574
then again the SNES library is marred by tons of mediocre horse racing, golf, and bleh licensed anime shovelware/RPGS.
>>
>sewer level
>shit music starts playing
>>
>>10911425
Also nobody but mentally ill furries cares about Sonicslop.
>>
>>10911694
Only in Japan. I'm not Japanese, you're not Japanese. The SNES library was streamlined, which contributes to it's high reputation. Whereas in the US, kids had to suffer through junk like Ex-Mutants and Toxic Crusaders.
>>
>>10909742
Why'd you make a thread about it then?
>>
>>10909742
>This didn't exactly age too well and should be left in 1994 where it belongs.
You know what? No. Just for that, I'm getting into my time machine and going back to 1994 to bring this game to the future. Don't like it? Too bad, it's your fault I'm even doing it in the first place!

You're fucking in for it now, OP. Just wait 'til I get back.
>>
>>10909742
how do i filter word age in regex without affecting games with titles that have age in them?
i use these for other annoying zoomer words already and it works since 'aged' or 'holds up' is not really part of video game titles. but word 'age' is a bit tricky
/\baged/i;boards:vr;type:subject,comment
/\bholds?\sup/i;boards:vr;type:subject,comment
>>
>>10911969
Some choice SNES games:
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Fire Dogs
Tommy Moe’s Winter Extreme
3 Ninjas Kick Back
Eek! The Cat
An American Tale: Fievel Goes West
Mario’s Early Years! Fun With Letters
Adventures of Yogi Bear
Snow White: Happily Ever After
No Escape
Stone Protectors
Super Troll Islands
Toys (based on the movie)
I think SNES benefits from survivorship bias. Everybody knows the good SNES games because they’re memed and so people don’t spend much time looking into other stuff on the platform. Whereas people download a Genesis fullset and start looking around and run into the same kinds of sports and licensed platform titles that SNES has.
>>
Did the angry videogame nerd has already talked about this videogame yet?
>>
I love this game, one of my favorites.
Bought a copy recently at the local game shop. Op is a fag or a zoomer. Solid platformer.
>>
>>10913893
https://www.listchallenges.com/all-north-american-release-snes-games

The SNES has a lot of total garbage on it.
>>
>>10909923
Rick and Morty
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (261 KB, 1087x1600)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Beyond the gross-out, Boogerman isn't that bad of a game though I wouldn't go as far as to call it amazing. It's fun for what it is and doesn't overstay it's welcome though the bosses are a bit of a headache
>>
Boogerman is a western made Wario game if the japs gave notes to emphasize the toilet humor.
>>
>>10914881
>toilet humor.
Off topic, but it really is insane how Wario had NOTHING to do with toilet humor until he showed up in Smash Bros, and now that's become his whole character. Fucking Sakurai.
>>
File: yolo juliet.jpg (118 KB, 1024x675)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>10909923
>What even exists nowadays that is comparable?

Yolo Juliet and meme t-shirts.
>>
>>10914904

Such a change, reminds me when daffy duck before the 50s was a funny and cheerful character at first but later after the 50s he turned into a loser and bitter character.
>>
>>10909923
There's these weird ass Mario animations aimed at kids that I swear are AI made that popup every now and then in the sidebar when I'm viewing stuff in incognito, no idea what the name of the channel is though.
>>
>>10909895
SNES Animaniacs is good though. Can't remember the Genesis one much.
>>
>>10914937
This gave me psychic damage.
>>
>>10914904
I think that is purely drawn from the Japanese manuals and marketing and maybe some stuff like the old Mario manga. I dont believe for a second that Wario was never a "tough guy treasure hunter" in his conception for his first playable roles, when his old art has him as a muscled up dude flexing.

I do think there is a good balance possible. You can mix the tough treasure hunter with the gross out stuff and the weirdness. Treasure did probably the best representation of the character and style with World, drawing on little bits of all past games. I would have no problem with the Wario Waft showing up in a World 2 as an attack it would fit. Why sackyoureye decided to completely ignore the non Ware version of the character and make up a bunch of shit will forever remain a mystery.
>>
>>10916282
There was at least some thought behind that, though. Chuck Jones played a big part in shifting Daffy's character because bitter Daffy played better off of Bugs Bunny, which created some absolutely brilliant shorts, namely the "Rabbit Season, Duck Season" trilogy. Also, "zany" characters were simply becoming less popular as there was less you could do with them. They were one-trick ponies, and as the writing and humor in animated productions became more complex, so did the characters.

Of course, you have the angry fans who think Chuck Jones "hated" Daffy and changed his character out of some sense of personal spite or whatever, but those people are retards who take everything too personally. Daffy basically shifted from being a dime-a-dozen archetype into one of the first characters of his kind.
>>
>>10909895
Why is one of them dressed like a... an urban youth?
>>
>>10916319
>muh AI
Holy shit I'm smarter than all of you.
>>
>>10918225
I'm smarter than you
>>
File: Wario_reading_WL4[1].png (254 KB, 456x537)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>10916724
Wario being a fat ugly bastard who picks his nose is fine, but him farting is a bridge too far for Americans.
>>
File: Fe7XVhoWAAANVb-.jpg (62 KB, 976x995)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10911993
W-wait, anon, don't get into that time machine, it's not the one! It's the dimensional toilet made by professor Stinkbau... oh well, he's gone.
>>
>>10909742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RURSgZoz2vM
Banging music
>>
>>10909742
Boogerman: A Pick and Fuck Adventure

Boogerman is a timeless mascot and OP is posting a bait thread.

I look forward to the open world survival Boogerman: Reboogered reboot.
>>
Was this game decently popular? I remember it being one of the games I used to have on Genesis, but I never heard anyone talk about it.
>>
>>10920263
It was the game that actually got me to buy a Genesis.
>>
>>10911425
>thread is literally about some shitty genesis game
>but but but snes
>>
>boogers are fine
>poop is fine
>other secretions are illegal
>>
>>10909742
>This didn't exactly age too well
Video games don't age.
>>
>>10919032
https://youtu.be/0ke4-oU6e1w?si=1uzQxXd5gvbmnCzN&t=462
One and only Matt Furniss. Even if the game is not that tight, the music encourages to keep playing
>>
>>10909742
i hate this disgusting shit. hated it as a kid and still do to this day. gross out stuff is just so pathetic, nothing of value is found there, its just made to shock people. the game isnt even fun.
>>
>>10920573
>t. haughty faggot who can’t appreciate the simple joy of picking and flicking
>>
>>10920590
I'd rather pick and eat.
>>
File: 1712136319019027.png (295 KB, 840x720)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
peepee...
poopoo...
boogers...
>>
File: FGW12.jpg (23 KB, 256x223)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10913893
Fuck you Fievel is comfy as fuck
>>
Boogerman is not a bad game, its like Earthworm Jim: an incredibly floaty but stylish euroformer. To claim otherwise is a dishonest take. Also, which version of this game is superior on a technical level: SNES or Genesis? I only played the SNES as rental back in the day.
>>
>>10920614
God I miss the 90s
>>
>>10909742
Please do not. Thank you.
>>
>>10917691
What do you mean?
>>
>>10920608
Not to sound hyperbolic but pick n’ eaters should be beaten to death. Patricians pick, roll into a little ball until dry, then flick.
>>
>>10920958
Boogers taste so good though, and you improve your immune health*

*idk if that's true or not
>>
>>10920951
What do you mean what do I mean?
>>
>>10920958
Under miraculous circumstances I thought anon was referring to food, my mind totally blanked out the context

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.