[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Food, obviously....
>>
Right now thingsbare not great, so I go out once every two months and somewhere cheap.
>>
File: tomayta.jpg (54 KB, 800x864)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>20460398
Legit not eating out period anymore.
Imagine eating food that you can cook 3x better at 4x less price
ill go out for sushi or other foods that i cant make at home, thats it.
Maybe the kid at Mcdonalds 3-4 times a year otherwise no one is getting a fuckin dime from me anymore.
>>
>>20460415
Been this way for years. Only go out when it's someone's special occasion and they want something. So less than 10x a year. I cook a better steak than any place in Florida. Same goes for most other dishes.
>>
>>20460423
pretty much it, i used to enjoy going out to eat too, not really restaurants but meme shit like sonic chic filet etc, fun places
>>
I went out to Chili's® the other night to try the $10.99 3 for me featuring the new BIG SMASHER burger and let me tell you, it's quite a bargain. You get fries, a side (I chose chips and salsa), and a fountain drink all for only $10.99! (no tip of course)
>>
>>20460398
When I entered the BoomerAge, I haven't eating anything out. But I'm a great cook and enjoy my meals alone, if you get my drift?
>>
>>20460398
I'm a trucker so unfortunately almost every day. Can't meal prep because im out a month at a time, so other than sandwiches and cereal I'm stuck with goyslop fast food and rollergrill crap.
>>
>>20460415
>4x less
How does that work?
>>
>>20460488
restaurant charges $20, you buy the ingredients for $5 and make it yourself
>>
>>20460398
I live an hour away from the city I get groceries in, so I will usually get something to go on my weekly or bi-weekly trips to the store. Otherwise if my gf is visiting we will go out and that's about it. I used to eat out at least every weekend but I can't afford that shit anymore
>>
I guarantee that most of these "I cook better at home" cunts certainty do not. And they sound like delusional pieces of shit.
>>
File: yjE7Hwp.jpg (339 KB, 1536x2048)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>20460398
I live in NYC. If you have money and live here, it's hard to resist the urge to eat out at least once a week. I've been trying to eat healthier though. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>20460398
nowadays thanks to bidenflation the misses and i go out to eat 4 times a week, first we’ll go to dennis, then for lunch some chicken or burgers (depending on her mood) and for dinner we’ll go somewhere fancy that serves good steak
>>
>>20460537
is that just vodka?
>>
>>20460552
It was delicious idk what to tell you
>>
>>20460554
>(depending on her mood)
Mom really runs shit, huh? You got to keep your parents in line. They accept it eventually. Also what's dennis?
>>
>>20460398
I eat out every day, I've got a diner and a coffee shop that is always good. There's also a good liberian place around me, if I get sick of the diner foods.
>>
>>20460415
Well, global sabotage is real. Wealthy cunts stealing from the poor, deleting middle class. Everywhere you have jacked up prices, nobody can afford housing, food is getting more and more expensive, yet big corporations and banks note the biggest growth.
>>
>>20460503
Oh. So you meant a quarter the price
>>
>>20460560
dennys* my bad young buck
>>
>>20460415
Isn't sushi the easiest thing in the world? Cut some fish and set it on a ball of vinegary rice. No cooking involved at all.
>>
>>20460621
Try making it
>>
>>20460398
like once a week, always go out to eat sushi cause it makes the bitches excited, that’s how low the dating bar is
>>
>>20460398
That reminds me. It's America week at Lidl here in Denmark right now. Gotta go buy some briskets.
>>
>>20460537
I really want that bowl
>>
>>20460398
It's rare these days. My grandparents love to take the family out for our birthdays, so I go wherever the birthday person picks but other than that, I'm eating almost entirely at home now.
>>
>>20460590
It's a linguistic quirk that has popped up over the last decade or so. Also note the increasingly common use of "payed" when the person means "paid". It's frustrating to see spread but there's not much you can do to stop it other than not participate yourself.
>>
>>20460621
>Isn't sushi the easiest thing in the world?
perhaps its simple in the amount of ingredients is small but finding quality ingredients where I live is def not. Not getting raw tuna from the grocery store.
>>
>>20460590
look niggerbrain, there was a comparison made, 3x better at 4x less >>>/lgbt/ with your faggotry
>>
>>20460398
hey i eath there sometimes, burgers and appetizers are pretty good
steaks are trash
>>
>>20460994
I've been gettin raw tuna, salmon, and whatever I can find since years making my sushi and sashimi and I'm still alive. The sushi I could afford to eat out wouldn't really be of better quality, and I like to drench in falvour numbing quantity of wasabi and soy sauce anyway
>>
>>20460590
>>20460718
You will now begin to notice people typing "women" instead of "woman"
>>
File: Tilgate-Main-Header.jpg (186 KB, 1800x1200)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>20460398
Why would Americans be surprised that you have cowboy themed food places of dubious authenticity? Burgers, steak and texmex are popular in lots of countries.

This is a pic from a British chain (albeit one is probably better quality than that Italian one, closer to a TGIs/Hard rock)
>>
File: OH NO.jpg (385 KB, 1001x1600)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>traveling with family
>staying in town we've never been to
>restaraunts everywhere
>"oh look theres a dennies, i love dennies, okay everyone we're going to dennies!!"
>>
>>20460718
I'm a linguist, actually, so I understand that language changes over time, of course, I just wanted to point out that, mathematically, that was silly.
I'm fairly certain I've never seen "payed" but considering my autocorrect didn't put any squiggles under it, I can't deny that it's a common variant. What I find bizarre is "snuck." Usually, language moves towards more uniformity, simplicity and fewer exceptions in spelling, grammar, pronunciation, conjugation and declension so considering that sneaked became snuck in the mid 1800s is a bizarre case where regular conjugation was tossed out for irregular.
>>20461040
This is a shoe shop, I'm afraid.
>>20461131
?
>>
>>20460398
couple times a month maybe?
>>
>>20460398
honestly, Italians would probably be better at making American food than Americans.
>>
>>20460590
It's even more cheap when you are pouring yourself a pint at home.
>>
>>20460398
I work at a restaurant, so I guess I eat out all the time, but only there.
every couple of weeks, I may pop into the cantina down the road for tacos.
>>
>>20461137
>albeit one is probably better quality than that Italian one, closer to a TGIs/Hard rock
>TGIs/HardRock are now considered high quality by zoomies
Sad.
>>
>>20460398
I eat out every day. Cooking is for poor people who have nothing but time.
>>
>>20460398
4 days a week. monday through thursday. we don't go on friday, saturday, or sunday, as we don't want to be at restaurants filled with screaming kids and cackling large groups of women.
>>
>>20460415
somebodies poor!

>>20460503
it's quite the opposite. restaurant charges $20 ingredients cost $50.

>>20461815
I only go to dennies if I am desperate for food and in a huge hurry.
>>
I haven't eaten out in years and have no plans to.
>>
>>20462019
>it's quite the opposite. restaurant charges $20 ingredients cost $50.
the most niggeriq statement ever made
>>
>>20460398
Basically never. Only time I even consider it is for snizz or beers with the bros.
>>
>>20461137
Social media is packed full of Europeans constantly posting about everything they hate about America. When someone posts something like a restaurant with an American theme in a European country, it seems weird to someone whose main exposure to Europeans is through them on social media whining about how everything American sucks.
>>
Oh WOW Look! Another Survey thread thats now has a Twitter screenshot attached! This definitely worth discussing about.
>>
>>20460398
just special occasions, so once a month tops
>>
>>20460398
maybe once a week if i didn't bring my own food, and only for a cheap $2 burger right next to my college campus
if you count supermarket meals like sushi and deli sandwiches, one to two times a week regularly
>>
>>20460398
80% of my meals a week (ofc I only eat 3 meals a week)
>>
Once a week I'll go out. I live in a decently cheap town for American price standards.
>>
>>20460398
If you include cheap fast food. 2-4 times a week.
>>
I have a hard rule for myself that unless I am traveling and forced to eat out, I will not eat out more than once a week no matter what. In practice, I'll usually eat out maybe once every 2-3 weeks. That, by the way, includes eating at any restaurant of any kind, including fast food, and it also includes food ordered through delivery apps.
>>
Everyday since I'm retard when it comes to cooking
>>
File: 1448299567613.jpg (14 KB, 300x295)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>20460398
What type of kike are you posting this obvious marketing thread?
>>
Maybe 2 times a month, if even that
>>
>>20461828
>I can't deny that it's a common variant.
its actually because payed is another word entirely that causes it to not get the red lines under it, that has to do with ships, which tricks people into thinking its not a spelling error
>>
File: sub.jpg (1.45 MB, 4000x2250)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>20462112
I defy you to make this with $5. It cost $23

the meat alone would cast $10 minimum from the deli section. an 18 inch bread would be a couple of dollars, I don't remember how much lettuce cost. how do you buy 1/4 of an onion? cheese a couple of dollars.

one quarter of it is in my belly when I took that picture.
>>
>>20462112
restaurants buy in bulk and as such they get way better prices than you do at the store. if you go to the deli section and want to get cold cuts you are looking at $7 to $14 per pound.

you have to buy all of the ingredients. then process them to make 1 sandwich. now you have ingredients to make maybe 10 sandwiches. hope you can eat it all before it goes bad.

restaurants usually charge 3x the cost of the menu item in order to make a profit. if a restaurant is charge an unusually small price for a complicated or normally high priced item they are:
dumb
competing with another restaurant
trying to get you in so you spend money on the real money making items (drinks and sides).
hoping you come in with other people who maybe don't want that item.

so this could have cost $8 to make. This accounts for ingredients, utilities, and labor. you still can't make it for that.
>>20463635
also this tastes better than what you will make.
>>
>>20460398
Usually once per week to a local chicken tenders place as a reward. I can make better ones but I'd rather not spend 5 dollars on oil and have to stink up my entire apartment for a plate of tenders and fries. And I guess I get taquitos from Seven Eleven on Fridays too.
>>
>>20461137
>Italy has theme restaurants
>America's died out many years ago
>>
>>20460398
2 to 3 times a week, once in the cafeteria sometimes twice once on taco tuesday and sometimes on taco friday.
>>
>>20460398
Old wild west is alright, maybe a little pricier than usual but it's not that bad, at least the one around here.
>>
>>20463678
>$7 to $14 per pound.
lol
And when a takeout joint seems it at you, those same cold cuts are now costing you about $38/lb, lmao
>10 sandwiches
Buy. Less. Meat. Are you fucking retarded or something? I see little old ladies who can't be fucked cooking for themselves anymore buying quarter pounds at a time of deli meat. Are you telling me you're less intelligent than a dementia addled octogenarian?
>>
>>20460398
I used to eat everyday out but now I've completely stopped. I cook 100% and drink homemade stuff. I am done frittering away my money like a gambler.
>>
File: 1706731770080.jpg (154 KB, 1540x800)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>20461815
>dennies
>>20462019
>dennies
You guys had me wondering if we shifted into a new Mandela Effect timeline. Nope, it's still Denny's.
>>
>>20460398
Once or twice a year since the fake pandemic. Also I don't like to be around people.
>>
>>20460398
not sure. had a meal with my dad for his birthday, a meal for mine, a meal with a mate, a date with my wife next week, will have a meal for her birthday, then another for my mums later in the year. might be a few more
>>
>>20460461
had fajitas at chili's a week ago agter ten years never having been there
absolute crap
micro-waved chicken with stripes painted on it
crap
>>
File: retardctl.png (335 KB, 483x407)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>20464245
>Buy. Less. Meat. Are you fucking retarded or something? I see little old ladies who can't be fucked cooking for themselves anymore buying quarter pounds at a time of deli meat. Are you telling me you're less intelligent than a dementia addled octogenarian?
>>
>>20464956
Echolalia is a sign of serious mental conditions. Next time you get that third chromosome looked at, you should talk to the doctor about your ecolalia.
>>
>>20460398
at a sit down place? maybe once a month. but i pick up food a few times a month. and i get fastfood pretty much every day for lunch because im not eating cold food or leftovers for lunch and im always somewhere new.
>>
File: retardcl.png (337 KB, 483x407)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>20465190
>Echolalia is a sign of serious mental conditions. Next time you get that third chromosome looked at, you should talk to the doctor about your ecolalia.
>>
>>20460398
Once a month, and I only get fries because even that sets you back $16 now
>>
>>20460488
Pasta at a restaurant, $25
Pasta at home, $2
Pretty straight forward
Same with most other dishes as well
>>
>>20462019
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to cook haha
>>
>>20463635
>how do you buy 1/4 of an onion?
You use the onion for other things oh my lord
>>
>>20465482
Well sorry I'm not a racist piece of shit like you that abuses Jewish people.
>>
>>20460398
About 2-3 times a week. I also work at a pizzeria, so I can get all the food I want there as well that I share with my roommate.
Despite that, I probably spend no more than $200 a month on groceries since I only buy those during sales, or typically only eat out when I can take advantage of a coupon or sale.
>>
>>20461137
I don't think anyone is surprised, there's a bunch of cowboy-themed restaurants in the US. They just don't look like barns because barns smell bad
>>
>>20460621
Raw fish on uncooked rice with vinegar sounds horrid.
>>
>>20463635
>how do you buy 1/4 of an onion?
bring a knife to the grocery store and cut off the parts you don't want, at the till they charge you by weight. also reminder to peel bananas so you're not getting scammed by paying for the peels
>>
>>20460485
if you really wanted to eat proper homecooked meals, you'd have a commuter bike on your truck and ride to the nearest grocery store during your downtimes and cook wholesome food with any number of portable gas or electric stoves,
>>
>>20461131
What, you mean this is intentional? I always thought it was a typo. I hate it.
>>
>>20461131
Women is the plural form of woman in my language.
>>
>>20465347
See?
>>
I got a frosty last week.
>>
>>20460398
so if I go there wearing a ten gallon hat do I get to be the king of the restaurant?
>>
>>20460398
I get a couple slices of Costco pizza twice a month. Otherwise I cook at home.
>>
>>20460994
You aren’t getting raw tuna anywhere unless you caught it yourself. The grocery store flash freezed fish is the same thing they use at sushi places. It’s actually adorable you think some shitty sushi place selling you rice and fish at a 500% markup gives a fuck about the quality of their fish
>>
>>20460621

>Apprentice chefs have to train for 10+ years just preparing rice, not even allowed to touch the fish

Yeah it's really easy. Anyone can do it. Doesn't take any degree of skill at all.
>>
>>20460398
I'm really upset by this because the food looks actually pretty normal.
>>
>>20460621
sushi is one of those things that's hard because theres no easy way to cover up a fuckup.
get bad fish? it sucks
you suck at making rice? it sucks
knife not sharp? it sucks
you didn't leave the fish to get warmer? it sucks
bought shitty soy sauce? thats gonna be a suck senpai
basically in order to make addiquate sushi you ahve to have mastered a lot of fundamentals and most western lay people like me are mainly skilled in mixing flavors, not meticulously mastering a very simple one.
>>
File: poor cortana and bixby.png (396 KB, 960x961)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
Once a year.
I went recently to BK; had a whopper menu. It was alright. But way too expensive.
>>
>>20460636
I'll never understand the sushi fad
it's just cold raw filets of inexpensive fish with rice, the most inexpensive grain possible and they make you pay as if you were out eating steak
sushi is literally a meme
>>
>>20465890
Yeah but that cuts into my lot lizard time.
>>
>>20466828
You don't pick up the lizards and cook them? The fat iguanas can make for good gumbo
>>
>>20460398
I’ll sit down at a restaurant like twice a year. I hate interacting with people.
>>
>>20460398
I'm blessed to live in a Texas city with cheap ass mexican restaurants. Had a plate of enchiladas the other day for just $5 since it was the special. Another Tex-mex place down the street from me gives you a sweet tea with the meal without an extra charge. You just have to find out where the cheapest spots are at. My parents raised me to be a cheapo so I guess i'm good at it. For example my Aunt only orders off the kids menu to save but I think she has a mental illness, that's just ridiculous.
>>
>>20465482
>You use the onion for other things oh my lord
Lmao like what

Yeah lemme just go use a shit ton of onion for every meal in the three days before they expire
>>
>>20467072
Race traitor
>>
>>20465190
>>20466160
Holy newfag
>>
>>20460415
>food that you can cook 3x better at 4x less price
ur delusional if u think u can cook better than the average restaurant without a shit ton of effort
>>
>>20465669
moldy milk sounds horrible moid
whats your point
>>
>>20467074
Yes, exactly.
You are now learning how cooking works.
>>
>>20460565
>a good liberian place
Liberia isn't even a proper country. it's a colony by former slaves that's been in pretty much constant civil war.
What is their cuisine even like? that of the natives or soul food with actual African ingredients?
>>
>>20460398
I live in a big city and like trying new restaurants on the weekend.
Every so often I will go to Taco Bell or McDonald’s to eat off their dollar menu, or order something under $15 from Uber Eats, but have definitely been trying to eat more at home.
>>
>>20462422
Americans don't hear themselves constantly jacking themselves off and ugly crying that others won't give em a hand. You're insufferable.
>>
>>20460398
Oldfag now.
Very rarely I'll go to a cafe
Fast food rarely.
I can't even remember the last 'proper' restaurant I went to. Probably 10 years ago or more.

It's too expensive in the UK now, and most cafes, chain, and restaurants are expensive for low quality
Coffee, shit sandwich, shit cake. '£15 please'.
I get more enjoyment and spend less if I cook a new recipe at home.

I'd make an exception for places which are a difficult or unusual cuisine.
Then I'm paying for the chefs skill and knowledge
>>
>>20468950
>without a shit ton of effort
youre delusional thinking theres any effort at all to cooking fantastic food
you must eat like pure fucking shit dude, i pity your lazy fucking bitch ass
>>
>>20460537
Yeah that bowl of ramen is definitely not healthy. Looks great though
>>
>>20460415
I eat out because I live in Tokyo and the places I eat at seat 4-6 people and I can chat with the owner-chefs and their wives the whole time and they're very talented. I'm sorry your slice of experience with life is very narrow. A better world awaits.
>>
>>20460718
Autocorrect created 2 generations (so far) of illiterate retards
>>
File: RAMZI.jpg (227 KB, 1024x1024)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>20469599
>A better world awaits
indeed
>>
>>20460398
Every day, sometimes multiple times per day.
>>20460415
>>20460403
>>20460435
Don't you think it would be easier to get a better job than it would be to continue suffering through life in this state of miserable poverty? Seriously just go to trade school or community college it takes a couple years max, then you won't have to live like this anymore
>>
>>20469624
>t. never worked in restaurant.
nah, 15 yrs in 'the biz' says ill stay home and eat, you enjoy though ok?
>>
>>20469599
If I could work my current job making the equivalent of 11M yen in USD and live in Japan, I'd be there.
>>
>>20460537
It looks like shin ramyun with coconut milk
>>
>>20469599
I imagine the nip chefs are delighted when the skinny American faggot stops by their little shop for the third time that week to bother them with his shitty japanese
>>
>>20460537
how much did that cost you, Yorker?
>>
>>20460415
>Maybe the kid at Mcdonalds 3-4 times a year otherwise no one is getting a fuckin dime from me anymore.
Fast food has less value than restaurants these days. You can get a nice burger and fries at Applebee's for a comparable price to a Wendy's or McDonald's. If you're willing to spend $3-4 more per person, the value difference between restaurants and fast food skyrockets.

The only reasons to eat fast food are laziness and being unwilling to eat at a restaurant alone.
>>
>>20469954
the child eats at mcdonalds.
if i want a burger i make one for myself, from fresh beef.
>>
>>20469980
You seriously get one burger for your kid and don't eat with him?
>>
>>20469848
Americans actually eat food and have money, unlike the Japanese.
>>
>>20470068
right because im not a fat piece of shit
>>
>>20470130
>Eating with your children means you're fat
>>
>>20469661
I have worked in a restaurant. Are you scawed about the unsanitawy conditions? You are an irrational pussy
>>
>>20460398
I did some dog sitting/house-sitting for a relative, different state in a city with restaurants I've never tried.

I ate out every day (sometimes twice a day) for 2.5 weeks
It was fun at first, but at the same time has cemented the fact that everyday restaurants have highway robbery prices, and the food isn't even good.
I didn't pay attention at the time, but I went back and looked. I had spent an obscene amount of money on food.

Reminded me of a period in my life (like 08) where I ate out 5-6 times a week.
It's only fun at the beginning and then it becomes a chore and the food doesn't really hit the spot. At least it was cheap back then.

I will order a pizza on Friday nights sometimes, have a get-together with relatives once or twice a month at a sit down.
I don't actually want to eat out more than that.
>>
>>20466179
I have a free frosty keychain, which I use when buying a biggie bag
>>
File: 1631482823705.png (968 KB, 1242x1424)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
I officially can't afford take out anymore
>>
>>20460398
>How often are you eating out?
hehehe I'm eating your moth-
>Food, obviously....
awwww
>>
File: 1696225160850470.jpg (285 KB, 800x981)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>20460415
This. I take my gf out for Italian and Asian food and that's it. She loves going to steakhouses, but that's only for her birthday and Valenstein's now. I'm not wasting my money taking her out for burgers or whatever.
>>20460621
I know it's a meme response, but good sushi is worth it. You're not going to just go down to the grocery store and buy fresh squid, mackerel, eel, etc. anyway. A lot of the price of sushi goes into the logistics of having fresh fish that's flash frozen and thawed a certain way to be safe to eat.
>>
>>20469848
They love tourists because they have a Japanese menu for natives and an English menu for the gaijin who don't know they're paying a markup ;^)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.