[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5784.jpg (139 KB, 800x533)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Hi all,

Going to Georgia for a little over two weeks and am starting to plan an itinerary. So far I've got a couple of days in Tbilisi, hiking Mestia - Ushguli, and a couple nights in Kazbegi.

This leaves me with a little less then a week (roughly) so am looking for recommendations for how to fill the rest of the time. At the moment I'm torn between adding on Abkhazia or crossing into Armenia and using Yerevan as a hub for a couple of day trips. That said, I'm sure there's great things I'm missing in Georgia still. Not really into wine though I'd go out to the wine region if it was a good time of year to be there and don't plan on spending much time in Tbilisi though I'd be up for seeing more of Georgian culture in other areas.

Any thoughts trv?
>>
>>2661811
How many days do you have in total, describe properly you nimrod.
Is it two weeks in total? What does less than a week mean?
>>
warning, hyper dense guide so pick and choose, also I sent it through GPT so it is formatted better

Central Georgia

Day 1: first free day in Tbilisi

Begin your exploration of Tbilisi by walking through mtatsminda part of the city, Rustaveli Avenue to reach Old Tbilisi. You can go to mtatsminda park and Narikala fortress.
Take a break at Salobiebia for a snack.
Explore the historic old town, and consider booking a visit to the sulfur baths beforehand.
In the evening, head to Keto and Kote, a restaurant with a stunning view, located in a historical building that once belonged to nobles.

Day 2: Mtskheta and outskirts

Rent a car or hire a local guide to take you to Mtskheta.
Enjoy a meal at a local spot called Salobie on your way.
Visit Jvari Monastery and Svetitskhoveli in Mtskheta.
Explore the areas around Mtskheta such as Armazi.
On your way back to Tbilisi, stop by Tbilisi Sea and visit the Chronicles of Georgia.
Spend the midday and evening exploring other parts of Tbilisi, such as Vake or Marjanishvili.
Consider dining at Wine Factory or Fabrika, popular spots where locals and hipsters hang out.

Day 3: Kazbegi

Arange for transportation from Tbilisi to Jinvali, Ananuri, and then to Kazbegi.
Explore the stunning landscapes and numerous attractions in Kazbegi.
Don’t miss trying Khinkali at Pasanauri village.

Day 4: Gori and Borjomi

Drive from Tbilisi to Gori and visit the Stalin Museum.
Continue to Borjomi to explore the mineral waters and natural surroundings.
Visit the Green Monastery and enjoy a meal at Pesvebi before spending the night.

Day 5: Likani Nature Reserve and Bakuriani

Drive to Likani Nature Reserve.
From there, continue to Bakuriani.
Consider a visit to Tabatskuri Lake before returning to Tbilisi.

Day 6: Back to Tbilisi

Drive back to Tbilisi and rest.

Day 7: Kakheti Exploration

Drive to Kakheti in eastern Georgia.
Explore Telavi or Sighnaghi and try to stay at one of the local wine making families.
Don’t miss Alaverdi monastery.
>>
>>2662171
Western Georgia

Day 1: Drive to Kobuleti

Take the train to Kobuleti. It is cheaper than Batumi but is literally 20 minutes away from it.
Book a hotel along the shoreline, try to pick something on the shoreline and near central places like Kobuleti central park.
Familiarize yourself with the area, and you can even enjoy a swim on your first day.

Day 2: Batumi Exploration

Drive to Batumi, and then to Batumi Botanical Garden, a large and beautiful space that will take about 3 hours to explore.
Continue to Batumi city.
While in Batumi, explore the city rather than swimming there, as other locations are better suited for swimming.
Try Adjarian Khachapuri at Retro.
In the evening, consider dining on fish at Fishlandia.

Day 3: Dendrological Park and Guria Beach

Drive to Dendrological Park.
Pack food from Kobuleti for the day, as there aren’t many options near the park.
After visiting the park, head to a beach in Chakvi.
Relax by the clean beaches with nice, warm water and gentle waves, beaches from Chakvi till Magnetit are probably the best in the country.
Guria’s beaches are known for their magnetic sand, which allegedly has health benefits.
Drive back and eat some Georgian food in Kobuleti.

Day 4: Historical Tour of Adjara

Arrange a tour to explore historical sites in mountaneous areas of Adjara.
Visit various caves, Gonio Fortress, Dandalo Bridge, high mountain villages, and waterfalls.

Day 5: Hiking in Guria

Drive to Guria again, but this time embark to Gomis Mta and its surroundings.

Day 6: Return to Batumi

Return to Batumi.
Book a visit to the Dolphinarium.
Consider dining at a fancier restaurant like Wine Restaurant Marani or Ambassadori.

Day 7: Journey Back to Tbilisi

Take the train back to Tbilisi and catch your flight home.

But again warning this guide is hyper dense and unrealistic, pick and choose.
>>
>>2661811
I did exactly what you did in Georgia a couple of years ago and added on 5 days in Armenia. If you do that I highly suggest renting a car rather than just using Yerevan as a base. Looking back, while I enjoyed Armenia, I would have rather filled those days with more trekking or Abkhazia just for the weirdness of the place.
>>
>>2662206
ive ben almost everywhere on caucasus except south osetia
thing that is very confusing to me is why do people insist on going to abkhazia so much because even i have faced trouble there as russian let alone foreigner
second thing which is even more confusing is why do people think first thing to go to abkhazia, if you are already in south western caucasus I would explore imeretia, high mountain guria and high mountain adjaria are insane like vietnam, and samtskhedjavakhetia is incredibly underrated
you also have very difficult and interesting areas around colchian reserve
i would explore these options first before trying abkhazia, because infrastructure is much more normal and a lot of stuff is less hassle free plus you will see a lot of different nature
also if you will go to abkhazia it is best to have someone local as a guide, sukhum isn't an issue but the more north you go the more stupid situations you can get into, also when exploring mountains make sure not to accidentally cross into kodor because you might get into trouble
>>
Bump
>>
>>2662680
Go to Savannah for a few days. Ideally you'd go at a cooler time of year though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.