[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715907928771571.jpg (646 KB, 1700x2200)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
Michael Cohen, the star witness in Donald Trump's hush money case, appears to have made an impact on some members of the jury, according to CNN legal analyst Norm Eisen. Eisen, an attorney who has been attending trial proceedings, observed "six jurors who were nodding or smiling, or agreeing with Cohen at one point in his testimony."

Cohen's testimony, considered a key part of the prosecution's case, could persuade jurors that Trump was directly connected to the falsified business records used to cover up the money he paid for the silence of Stormy Daniels, an adult film actress he allegedly had sex with. And while he was expected to fall easy prey to cross-examination by Todd Blanche, a seasoned lawyer on Trump's defense team, Cohen appears to have exceed the low expectations.

Prosecutors "very skillfully played the expectation game throughout the trial," said Eisen, comparing the dynamics to that of a presidential debate. "They elicited criticism of Cohen from every witness. The jury is the ultimate audience for the expectation, and they surpassed the jury and the judge's expectations."

The testimony's effectiveness might have also been helped by a subpar performance from Blanche, who tried to pin Trump's former fixer as a man driven by financial profit and petty grudges but instead came across as meandering and off-topic. Cohen, who spent three years in a federal prison after he pleaded guilty to his involvement in the same hush money scheme at the heart of the Manhattan trial, simply acknowledged questions about whether or not he said or posted certain things about Trump with "that sounds like something I would say."

Several jurors reportedly found such exchanges amusing.

"You could see the judge berating Blanche," said Eisen. "And then he ordered the questions struck from the record, and the jury did hear that."

https://www.salon.com/2024/05/16/jurors-were-nodding-and-smiling-as-michael-cohen-testified-which-may-be-a-sign-for/
>>
>>1295652
Republicans will spin this to mean they're biased against Trump and the charges should be dismissed.
>>
Cohen got his knees chopped out from under him by the defense, per CNN

Not to worry, we'll discuss this is the thread about the trial that reflects reality, not this leftist hugbox version
>>
The walls are closing in.
>>
>>1295751
Aren't all the Republican leaders showing up to the trail to act as Trump's hugbox?
>>
>>1295783
They're there to say the things to the cameras which Trump can't say because of his gag order.
>>
>>1295786
Which, if he's directing them to, would violate his gag order (he's not allowed to talk about it with anyone except his lawyers)
>>
>>1295843
To be fair no one is going to call him out on that, not Biden, not the judge, not Merrick Garland, not anyone.
>>
>>1295844
Merchan definitely would jail him. The other two I dunno, doesn't matter what they say.
>>
>>1295786
They're there to show their allegiance to and do the bidding of a man who does not hold any office in the United States, all while abandoning their duties and the oath they swore as United States representatives. All on the taxpayer dime, of course.
Turns out Trump was the Deep State all along.
>>
>>1295843
OMG if I still had my penis I'd have a "Trump's going to jail!!" boner right now, sisters
>>
>>1295852
Good performance post.
>>
>>1295852
Ha this guy has no weiner
>>
>>1295859
And I'm wearing a dress.
>>
>>1295859
>guy
IT'S "MAIMED"!!! You fucking transphobe!
>>
>>1295652
Well, looks like this was right.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.